Maho Shojo no Yoso!

The girl seemed about to leave when Kelly approached, and for a moment there was a look of surprise on her face.
"Uhh... I'm umm, Yami..."
She was oddly nervous, perhaps her previous display was an act?
"Anyway! I must go, you three need to train more... And seek the fourth before getting into more fights".
With that she threw something on the ground, sinking through a portal that vanished as soon as she was through.

As the other girl disappeared into her portal, Kelly kept a close eye on her. "I wonder who she was, but I bet we'll be seeing her again. The magical girl community can't be that large around here, after all." She turned to Fenn and Becky. "So, I think we need to take her advice and find this other girl. Blundering around has worked so far, but if any of you have some ideas, I'm all ears."

Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
"Well, as long as she's on our side she can be as cool and mysterious as she wants".
Becky declared, rubbing a particularly nasty looking bruise.
"Agreed... I have no doubt that we'll encounter hostile magical creatures and mages, so if there's a fourth it's probably smart to find her..."
Despite saying that Fenn seemed to have no idea... Until Becky spoke up.
"Umm, there's a spare amulet thingy right? Maybe it will react or something?"

"Yeah, that's a good idea, Becky." Wait a minute, did I just say that? I guess wonders never cease. "And Fenn, you said your grandfather had a couple of books about magic, right? I want to come over to your place this weekend, read them over. There might be some stuff in there that helps me get better. Sound good to you?"

Becky seemed thankfully oblivious to Kelly's thoughts, or else she might actually have been offended, instead she had a proud grin, glad to have contributed.

Fenn seemed more than willing to have her over, though hid her excitement, she wasn't without friends, being the cool strong swim team girl, but none had ever come over.
"Sure, just... If my parents or grandmother ask, you're there for home work".

"Okay, then." Kelly left, to get herself ready. It was going to be a busy day, after all.

Sure enough, the next afternoon, Kelly was over at Fenn's house. Ringing the doorbell, she said, "Uh, hello? I'm Kelly. Fenn's helping me with my ma- my math homework." You almost gave yourself away before you even saw them! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

A woman who looked a fair bit like Fenn opened the door, and actually seemed quite pleased.
"Oh! Fenn actually invited a friend over? She never does that and I had worried so... Well come in! Her room is second on the left down the hall!"
Well she didn't seem to have noticed the slip up, either that or she didn't know or care about magic.

Kelly followed the older woman's directions and came to Fenn's room. She opened the door and closed it as soon as she was inside- Fenn had mentioned keeping magic secret, after all. "So, Fenn. Do you have anything you think you can help me with specifically, or are we just making this up as we go? You are the teacher here, after all."

Fenn was laying on her bed, looking kinda like some sorta human sheep with the fluffy white outfit she had on, it looked kinda like pyjamas.
She was reading through what looked like a textbook for school, but a quick glance at the pages showed a picture eerily similar to the monster they had destroyed.

She sat up as Kelly entered and stretched out a little, having been in that position for hours
"Well... To be honest I'm basically making this up and learning new things as I go... Gramps didn't teach me that much... But I had hoped we might be able to learn some more about control..."