Mafia 2.0: Day Thread Game #5

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
ROLE LIST

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive. Vampires may speak to each other at night.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed. The Angel will become a Scarecrow if their target is lynched, or dies on a night that the Angel is not protecting them. The goal as a Scarecrow is to follow their protectee to the grave via lynching.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.

Mat, I understand what you are saying and if you can help us come up with a solid plan get a baddie this round im with you. The problem right now though is time. We only have 2 days to come up with a solid plan and use it to lynch. And even then the two of us can't lynch someone. Right now no lynch is our best bad option.

@Matizze
@Kiilgore
@Luster
@Joan
@IceQueen
@Dipper
@Canadian Cat
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Elle Joyner
@Kimberlyn
@Pf.D

With the weight of foreboding heavy in a dark sky full of threatening clouds, the townsfolk somberly retreat to their homes for the duration of the night, hoping for the return of morning's light.

The day phase is now over, and the night phase has begun. The night phase will end on Friday, November 3rd at 5:00pm MDT with a max extension of two days. You may PM me your night actions anytime between now and then.

Reactions: Canadian Cat
@Kiilgore
@Luster
@Joan
@IceQueen
@Dipper
@Canadian Cat
@LuckycoolHawk9
@Elle Joyner
@Kimberlyn
@Pf.D

Shadows cast by a half-risen sun fall across the body of a dead citizen. A small crowd gathers to take in the scene, where they discover that the player in question is @Matizze. A few whisper quiet words wishing for peaceful rest, while those who remain cast suspicious glances at one another....

Discussion may now begin. Discussion will end on November 10th, at 5:00pm MDT, unless there is a request to extend discussion. This day phase can be extended by a maximum of two days. When the discussion phase ends the voting phase shall begin.

Well... Crap. That wasn't at all what I expected.

Hokay then...anybody have any ideas as to who would have targeted Matizze? I have an idea or two, but I need to go through the pages from the previous day again first to refresh my memory >_>

Lol I thought they were a bad guy tbh. Sorry Mat XD!!

Uh. Okay.

I didn't expect that at all.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
I had a pretty rough day so I can't do much as far as thinking goes. But you know what I can do? Yup! You guessed it! Moar numbers!!!!

QXcrYuh.png

These new numbers are now assuming that there are currently 4 vamps. As you can see, if we randomly pick someone to lynch we have a 50% chance of getting a bad guy.

IIRC Mat angled suspicions towards Luster, Dipper, IceQueen and Kim. Any of you folks wanna declare your innocence? Or.. Ya know... Confess??

• Useful
These new numbers are now assuming that there are currently 4 vamps. As you can see, if we randomly pick someone to lynch we have a 50% chance of getting a bad guy.

Just to point this out, if there was a successful turn on n1, then the vampires couldn't turn last night, so we are still sitting at three vampires. If they failed on n1, but succeeded last night, it would still be three. It would be one to two more day before we got four regardless.

The vampires would be unable to convert today if they succeeded on the first night phase.

(Oh hawk already mentioned it. Oh well)

IIRC Mat angled suspicions towards Luster, Dipper, IceQueen and Kim. Any of you folks wanna declare your innocence? Or.. Ya know... Confess??
Do keep in mind that it could be a frame too.
Or just a random kill.

• Useful
You guys are correct. It appears I forgot how to read...again... I have adjusted the numbers.

5X7BRoo.png

So we have a 40% chance of lynching a baddie today. If you guys remember we had a 36.4% chance of lynching a baddie yesterday.

Yeah. I'm not 100% working off the assumption it was deliberate... Just wanna see what those four have to say :)

And thanks @Joan XD I always forget tagging on my phone.

What I think is more interesting is that there was only one death and not like two?
Werewolf could kill last night, but also reaper. So it's unknown who or what alignment actually killed Matizze.

If a werewolf kill them, then we possibly lost a townie or a vampire.

If the reaper executed, then we possibly lost a townie, vampire, or a werewolf.

Assuming the rules are the same/similar to when I was reaper, you get unlimited executions. I think we should be asking why we didn't have more death last night.

Also, I didn't kill Mat. I didn't even think they thought I was suspicious?

• Love
  • Useful
Reactions: Daz and Joan
It was in one of his posts... Tho it was worded oddly, so he might be referring to the Trip round. But that's a good point! Reaper completely slipped my mind.

@Luster There is a third possibility. The reaper was @Matizze. In this case, there was a death and it was our reaper because a vampire or werewolf convinced them they were innocent.

• Useful
So, hold on, possible werewolf kill?

So, hold on, possible werewolf kill?
It does seem possible, yes.

I still have to go through chat logs but I haven't yet because my laptop is currently nonfunctional and I haven't felt up to doing it on my phone ._. but so far, I'm vaguely suspicious of @Canadian Cat and @Luster for reasons I can't quite put my finger on yet. In Cat's case, it might be all the graphs and stuff? Not sure.

Also, I'm just gonna note that @IceQueen told me that she's been drowning in work today and that's why she hasn't checked in. Not sure where @Kimberlyn is, though.

Reactions: Dipper
I'm a little fishy of @Dipper, myself.

• Useful