• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Mafia 2.0: Day Thread Game #5

ROLE LIST

2 Vampires - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill or convert all town members. Vampires have the ability to convert a town player into a vampire at night. If a conversion is successful then the vampires may not attempt to convert someone the following night; if a conversion fails then the vampires may attempt to convert someone the following night. Only town-aligned players may be converted, neutral players will not be converted. Healing a player targeted to be converted will not stop the conversion. Roleblocking the youngest vampire (the one most recently converted) will cause the the conversion to fail- note that if nobody has been converted yet, all living vampires count as the youngest. There may only be four vampires at a time: vampires may not attempt to convert more players if there are currently four vampires alive. Vampires may speak to each other at night.
1 Angel - A neutral role whose goal it is to protect a randomly assigned town player. The angel will win so long as their assigned player survives: thus the angel can win even if the angel themselves die or if the assigned player is converted into a vampire. The angel may protect their assigned player at night a maximum of two times: if the protected player is attacked, then the angel shall die in their place. The angel may also send their assigned player a message at night one time only: I will be the one to send the message via PM, so the angel may choose whether or not their identity is revealed. The Angel will become a Scarecrow if their target is lynched, or dies on a night that the Angel is not protecting them. The goal as a Scarecrow is to follow their protectee to the grave via lynching.
1 Werewolf - A neutral role whose goal it is to kill everyone but themselves. They may target a player to kill every other night, starting on the second night. If the werewolf is roleblocked, then the player who roleblocks them shall be killed in place of the originally targeted player.
1 Ghost - A town role who likes to haunt people. The ghost may target a player to "haunt" every night, which results in the targeted player being roleblocked if successful. A ghost's roleblock is unsuccessful if they die that night.
1 Lich - A town role who raises the dead. The lich may target a dead player to revive at night, and if their revival is successful then the dead player will be become alive again the following day as their original role. A revival is unsuccessful if the lich is roleblocked or killed. If the lich successfully revives someone then they may not revive anymore players.
1 Fairy - A town role who heals others with their magic. The fairy may target one player to heal every night, which will prevent the player's death if they are attacked. The fairy's heal will not be successful if they are roleblocked or killed. The fairy may heal themselves a maximum of two times.
1 Bat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The bat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who that player visits when the night ends. The bat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The bat has a night chat with the cat.
1 Cat - A town role who is part of a spying duo. The cat can target a player to watch at night, and will be informed of anyone who visits that player when the night ends. The cat's ability fails if they are roleblocked. The cat has a night chat with the bat.
1 Reaper - A town role who may capture souls for the night. The reaper chooses someone to "trap" any time during the day phrase. The targeted player will become "trapped" at night, meaning they are unable to use their ability or communicate in any other chats they may typically be able to. Instead the trapped player is only able to talk with the reaper for the duration of the night. The conversation shall be held through me so that the reaper may remain anonymous to the trapped player. The reaper may choose to execute the trapped player if they believe they are a scum role. However, if the reaper traps the werewolf or vampire and fails to execute them before the night is through, then the reaper shall die. The reaper may be healed by the fairy to prevent their death from failing to execute a vampire or the werewolf, but an executed player cannot have their death prevented by the heal. The reaper's abilities are unaffected by roleblocks.
1 Witch - A town role who communicates with the dead. The medium may talk to all dead players during the night phase. The medium's ability is unaffected by roleblocks.

Also Starlighter, I have a couple of questions about the voting stage. Does the lynch go through as soon as someone gets the required amount of votes? Can you change your vote once you already cast it?
As Elle mentioned, you may change your vote up until the end of the voting phase. However, don't forget that you must do this in a separate post, as editing your posts is not allowed. If there are a sufficient number of votes to lynch someone, they will not be lynched until the end of the voting phase.

I also vote no lynch.

I third no lynch.

I also vote for no lynch.

I'm not sure if you guys are just referring to the call to vote random/no lynch or what have you, but bear in mind that as the voting phase will not officially begin until later today, none of these posts will be considered as official votes to abstain.

I vote to lynch Starlighter... imma calling your bluff...

Also imma posting this at work from my mobile phone. Please domt tell my boss.

I vote to lynch Starlighter... imma calling your bluff...
As the mechanics of the game require me to acknowledge all votes and keep track accordingly, I am obligated to inform you that this is an invalid vote, and is therefore not recognized as being a vote at all.

I vote to lynch Starlighter... imma calling your bluff... Also imma posting this at work from my mobile phone. Please domt tell my boss.
But regardless, I'm telling your boss. And bribing said boss to do my revenge related dirty work.

Also, yes Elle; abstain = no lynch/no vote, etc. If it helps make it any clearer, you do not officially have to state that you are abstaining, but it is a formal statement that you are opposed to lynching period, which can then be taken into account by others as they see fit.

Brothers and Sisters, hear my plea!

For years our factions have at war. Many lives have been ripped from this world. The innocent have cried out and yet we've ignored them! Why? For what reason do we partake in this bloodshed?

It is because, the lighter of the stars demands it! She sees herself as a god, but no loving god would call for so much bloodshed. I say its about time we watch the gods bleed!

On this day I will stand for justice!
On this day I will stand for peace!
On this day I will stand for REVOLUTION!

Now, Will you stand with me? Not as members of the town...not was werewolves...not as vampires...,
But, will you stand with me, as comrades and as family?

#Cat4Mayor2017

Okay, so after some cray busy days I've finally managed to read through everything and I understand why we are abstaining, but at the same time I'm just worried, because look at where a worst-case scenario would get us:
Start: 7t-2v-1a-1ww
v hits town: 6t-3v-1a-1ww
D1-N2: no lynch, ww hits town: 5t-3v-1a-1ww
D2-N3: no lynch, v hits town: 4t-4v-1a-1ww
D3-N4: lynch v, ww hits town: 3t-3v-1a-1ww
D4-N5: no lynch, v hits town: 2t-4v-1a-1ww
v gets majority, GAME OVER

So basically, I guess what I am getting at is that we can't keep abstaining or vamps will win in 4 days. That's not nearly enough time to get enough solid evidence to 100% sniff out a bad guy, so some time we will have to more or less random lynch someone and put our hopes to the lich.
Unless, of course, we are going for killing off the ww early on and having all of us win as vampires?

But no one is suggesting we keep abstaining forever. In this game that's never an option. There just isn't enough information to go off of this round.

Okay, so after some cray busy days I've finally managed to read through everything and I understand why we are abstaining, but at the same time I'm just worried, because look at where a worst-case scenario would get us:
v hits town: 6t-3v-1a-1ww
D1-N2: no lynch, ww hits town: 5t-3v-1a-1ww
D2-N3: no lynch, v hits town: 4t-4v-1a-1ww
D3-N4: lynch v, ww hits town: 3t-3v-1a-1ww
D4-N5: no lynch, v hits town: 2t-4v-1a-1ww
v gets majority, GAME OVER

basically, I guess what I am getting at is that we can't keep abstaining or vamps will win in 4 days. That's not nearly enough time to get enough solid evidence to 100% sniff out a bad guy, so some time we will have to more or less random lynch someone and put our hopes to the lich.
Unless, of course, we are going for killing off the ww early on and having all of us win as vampires?

But under your model, you don't take into consideration role-blocking and the fairy.

So, that is only one possibility. Another is

D1-n2: No lynch, ww hits town: Statisics can var. The werewolf has no clue who he/she is hitting so they can kill the vampires without knowing.

The werewolf is a gamble, so it isn't impossible for a win or three to die in one round and one of them to be a vampire.

But no one is suggesting we keep abstaining forever. In this game that's never an option. There just isn't enough information to go off of this round.
That is, of course, true, and I'm not really against the idea of abstaining the first day. What I am worried about is if this turns into a habit. There is no guarantee there will be more information to go on next day phase either, and if we keep abstaining due to information shortage we will probably lose. Also, every phase we abstain, we give the baddies an advantage. That's what I want to avoid.

But under your model, you don't take into consideration role-blocking and the fairy.

So, that is only one possibility. Another is

D1-n2: No lynch, ww hits town: Statisics can var. The werewolf has no clue who he/she is hitting so they can kill the vampires without knowing.

The werewolf is a gamble, so it isn't impossible for a win or three to die in one round and one of them to be a vampire.
True, although the possibility of ww hitting a townie is 6/10, more than half. At the same time, my model operates with a 1/11 risk ratio. The probability of us random lynching the lich is 1/11. The probability of the lich getting role-blocked is 1/11. Also, the risk that the lich got converted last night is only 1/9 right now, which makes this the ultimate time to make use of this strategy.

Back