M/M Pairings and Plots. Ideas Welcome!

B

badfool

Original poster
Hey there!

I've been really interested in finding a long term writing buddy with. I have a few ideas and pairing list I'd love to play out with some of you amazing writers. I'm looking for a multi-paragraph poster that is interested in fleshing out a detailed story full of conflict, adventure, and deep characterization throughout the RP. While I'm looking for M/M, I'm not looking for anime/manga/yaoi style roleplays and prefer to lean in the direction of realism and complex relationship dynamics. Aside from that, I'm just looking for someone that's just as interested in building a long-term story with me! Taboo plots are always welcome; if I'm not into the idea I'll simply tell you (:. I've had a lot of strange and taboo plots in the past so I'm open!

Here are my current ideas and pairs!

Outlaws
Outlaw/Priest
Cult Leader/Member
Aliens/Human
Monsters/Human
Space/Sci-fi
Kidnapper/Forced Family
Dark Carnival

Dark carnival idea
Dark carnival was something I wanted to be somewhat surreal. I have a vague idea that the members of the carnival are stuck there and they have somewhat of a family dynamic with one another. A mime, a fire-breather, two-headed twins, a trapeze girl, and maybe a lion tamer. I have a mute mime character for this that I'd love to play for this. I imagine there being sort of a godlike ringleader to this group. Maybe a bit of magic is involved and he sort of has some kind of contract over them and Or perhaps they used to be "normal" until they were trapped there. I.e. the mime used to have his voice and was a normal kid until he got caught up in it. Perhaps they were all runaways that entered this surrealistic world where reality is wonky. The rules of physics and nature and time can bend to the will of the leader (and us as writers). I'm not usually a fan of magic but this could be fun to play with reality based on who the characters are. Like the mime, I imaging he's totally black and white with no saturation at all. Anything he touches is gray, and it's as if looking at him makes all of his surroundings bleak. That sort of twisting of reality that could make for a very stylized visuals. The other end of the pairing I imagine is a normal guy who happens to break into the carnival at night because it just pops up one day in the large, empty lot. He visits them all at night in secret, as the rest of the town goes about their lives and unnoticing of the carnival. In this, the mime could keep him hidden, being a very inconspicuous member and is able to slink around unnoticed. But not for long.

Royalty Idea
(I have a prince character for this one)

A prince flees a palace massacre by a group of rebels. The tyrant king is now dead, the prince narrowly escapes and seeks a new life with a new identity. He winds up working as a laborer on the outskirt of the kingdom (either a tavern in town or even in the remote farmlands). The employer, a moody and private man, is quick to annoyance and exasperation at his new worker, but needs the help nonetheless in order to keep things running. The catch is that his employer is an ex-member of the rebel group who helped form the long running plan for the king's assassination after experiencing loss (spouse, child, sibling, etc...). If not a loss, then perhaps he's an ex military man who was treated poorly in his army and not compensated for his time and work, etc.) While he only hoped for the king's death, he expresses no sympathy for the death of the entire royal family. In fact, he expresses his relief that there were "no survivors". Yet when rumors surface that the heir is alive, it causes tension and suspicion. The prince can only hide his identity for so long, but when feelings and emotions become muddled and messy, it makes matters much, much worse.

Monster/Human

A young human who has a nack for healing and alchemy is seen as an outcast by his village. Witchcraft is highly feared, and while the human is no witch, his intelligence with science and nature is what often gives him a bad reputation. The human is more concerned with his projects, experiments and inventions rather than assimilate with the god-fearing village and their old ways. Pale, thin, with overly blond and fair features, the human sticks out like a sore thumb ever since he was born. He lives on the outskirts of town, too exhausted with rumors of being a sorcerer or some sort of evil entity, and settles on the boarder of the woods known as the dwelling ground of a much feared monster. But the human, knowing rejection since a young age, finds companionship in the unlikely creature.

Will update Idea List soon!

If anyone is interested in one of these ideas, shoot me a message telling me which one you'd like! I usually talk OOC in order to try and co-navigate scenes, so don't hesitate to try and set up a plot! If neither of these ideas interest you, I'm

If you're interested I'd love to explore the Carnival rp with you. PM me if you want to rp.

Hey, there!

Sorry for the last response! Crazy week behind me! So, you're interested in the carnival plot? (: