M for F for original, long-term RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shindo

Edgepeasant
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, High Fantasy, Magical, maybe Sci-Fi when the mood strikes me.

Qualifications

Things that I need from you:
Commitment
This is by far what I need the most. I am not the type of person who disappears, or gives up on something I've made a commitment to do. I don't commit to roleplays I don't think I'll enjoy. I keep my partners updated often about my availability, and if something arises, I talk to my partner about it until a solution can be reached and the RP can resume. Lately I have not been getting this in return, and quite honestly every time it happens, it makes it harder and harder for me to keep coming back to try and recruit for this or any other RP. I'm looking for someone who feels strongly on this issue. That's not to say I don't understand things come up from time to time. Hiatuses during vacations or hardship are unavoidable, I know how that goes. I just expect that once those things pass that the RP will resume.

I do not anticipate boredom. I'm confident enough in what I've crafted that I think it will be able to keep your interest. If it becomes a problem, however, please let me know, and we'll find a way to work through it.
Post Frequency
At least once a day. I prefer to set aside a block of time a couple of times a week and post back and forth, but if I can actually get a commitment out of someone, I'll settle for once a day. Post length is not as important to me, so long as I'm not getting one-liners. One thing I will say now, is that I strongly prefer to play off-site over either Skype, Discord, or some other instant messaging service, as I know instantly when you've responded and when you're typing. Otherwise, I'll usually wait up to 30 minutes hitting refresh on the site hoping for a response that often never comes.
Character and Worldbuilding
You will need to eventually be able to play an additional 2 high school-age boys and girls and come up with some good scenarios for them. These 4 are characters shared between us, so they don't all need to be played at the same time, nor does any but one of the girls potentially factor into any of the romance. Most of this world I've already established, but that doesn't mean I don't want your little touches and contributions. I expect us to become friends through RPing, and any collaborative effort requires input from both sides.
18+ Female IRL
Hopefully, the reasons for this in an RP where our characters are sharing intimate moments of a romantic nature are obvious.

Characters
Reading the backgrounds on both of these should give you a good idea of what the story will be like.
Roland Fairbreeze (Me)
Roland
Rebecca Rosewater (You)
Becky

Some questions you might have:

Primarily High Fantasy set inside a military high school. You've obviously got lots of romance and drama. Part of it could be qualified as slice of life, but they do regularly go off on missions all around the Kingdom, which is where there's a lot of potential for excitement and bits of other genres, including horror, etc. There will be... other things happening eventually, but I don't want to give away too much just yet.

Well, it depends. For a some of the things I get people wanting to change about her, I can't do it. And this is because she is the way she is for a reason, which is crucial to the story. She's always going to be a 14 year-old human girl with red hair, freckles, glasses, etc. She's always going to be magic-centric with elements of ice and water. She's always going to be a shy, awkward booknerd. What I really DO want is for her to feel like she's yours, and a big part of that is represented by how you play her personality. She's a redhead, after all, so there's always a chance that circumstances will cause her to react stubbornly or to be all frowny and try to take control of the situation from time to time. And that largely comes down to how exactly you want to play her. With that said, if there is something you want to change about her or establish in her backstory, I'm always willing to entertain it, please just PM me.

If you want to use a different faceclaim for her, you're welcome to do so, so long as the picture's got the right qualities. I spent a LONG time trying to find the perfect one, so I think I've got the best. (I have a bunch more if you'd ever like to see them.) I don't really mind if you want to use a live action picture for her, but you should be aware I see everything in anime and you'll be confronted by npcs with pink, blue, etc as their natural hairstyle.

For the boys, there is Sam, the kingdom's prince disguised as a noble student. He uses Fire-Elemental magic, and a sword and shield. He has a highly-developed sense of honor and duty, but can oftentimes be a bit of a playboy. He is popular among the girls for being a pretty boy and doesn't discourage them from talking about him. I intend for him to become best friends with Roland.

Next is Lance, a baker's son who uses Earth-Elemental magic and a giant hammer. He's very laid back and dependable, and has aspirations of serving in the Royal Guard, not knowing that he's already protecting the Prince himself.

For the girls, first is Lily. She uses Light-Elemental magic, a bow, and paper talismans. She is the group's dedicated healer and has aspirations of helping her father by becoming a shrine priestess. She is extremely kind, softspoken and cheerful, but socially slow and can sometimes be clumsy. She is popular with the boys due to her gentle personality and her abnormally large... chest area.

Finally there is Rachel, Lily's polar opposite. She uses Darkness-Elemental magic and a staff, favoring hexes and offensive magic. She possesses the exact same body type as Becky, along with many of the same issues that go with it, but harbors a strong mistrust of boys and doesn't particularly seem to be after one of her own. She is snarky, sarcastic, and pessimistic, preferring to keep people guessing about her true intentions at all times. She is Lily's best friend since childhood, and shares a symbiotic relationship with her, using her wit and sharp tongue to drive off pesky boys and more popular girls who would pick on Lily for being slow on the draw, in return coveting the friendship of the only girl in the world who she believes to be too nice to ever stop being her friend.

The RP will start in Roland and Becky's home village and involve them traveling to the academy. This process alone will take some time, so there will be plenty of time to modify and work these characters out before we ever start using them.

This romance part of this story revolves around 2 best friends, one of whom is desperately in love with the other and unable to admit her feelings and the overarching plot being the two of them attending a military high school together in a fantasy setting. It is 99% plot, and as for the romance, for a VERY long time, all of it is going to take place inside her daydreams. As her player, the frequency and content of these daydreams will be totally up to you. The best way I can describe this story is to imagine RPing a JRPG. You'll need to come up with some cool combat moves.

If you have any questions about the story, the world, or its rules, please ask them here in this thread. If you are 100% sure you want to do this AND can commit to it, please PM me. Because I have to go first come/first serve, if you see this late and you wanted to do it, please PM me, and I'll add you to either my Skype or my Discord. There may still be a chance you'll get to do it. If not, we can work on other characters we can play together.[/hr]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lusterless Nova
This rp reminds me of bits and pieces of other roleplays I did in the past. Good memories~ But while I want to jump in on that, there might be 2 problems.
The bigger problem first. I am not a +18 female. That doesn't mean I can't play girls though, and me being a sucker for romance goes just great with your want to keep this story focused.
And the other is probably minor but I want to address it anyway. Can I change Becky's appearance? It is not that I dislike her looks. I just want to use my own faceclaim. No worries about the background though. I can work with all of her abilities, strengths, weaknesses and inabilities. Story too of course.

I'm afraid because of the romantic nature of the story I have to insist that her player be female. But you're more than welcome to use these characters as a template for ones of your own design.

While it does shatter my little heart that you think I can't get into the role of a character who has always been at her love interest's side (and in the second, not first partner seat), admired him, then saw him go though a fatal lifechanging moment unable to help directly, then left to watch as he left, and see him years after he left but unable to say anything about how she feels, I admit there may be something that I am overlooking. You have your reasons and I have to accept that. Still. Keep me in the back of your mind will you? You might get surprised. And good luck to you.

I'm very sorry. Maybe if there's enough interest, I could eventually open up the other 4 NPCs to have their own player as well

I've finally found the site's hidden dank bbcode stash and used it to organize the original post. I'll update it with more info about the world and other characters as I'm able.

The RP is still open. Added a section for questions that I most anticipate to get. Will try and add some more soon.

I've edited parts of the OP to more accurately convey some of my intentions. The spot is still open, I'd love to get it filled sometime soon.

I've taken on a few more projects, but I've still got time for this one.

This is still open. I've updated some things in the requirements section.

Status
Not open for further replies.