Lyle and Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyle felt the soft warmth of Kit's small hand against his cheek and closed his eyes for a moment, shutting out all senses but the one which they were sharing in this moment. He leaned in and nestled his head into her shoulder. He wanted her to sense against herself what he could see so he could evoke in her heart the same strong feelings he felt when he looked into her eyes or watched her smile. Bringing their bodies back together, he took a deep slow breath which pressed his chest tightly against hers. He tilted his head up towards hers, rubbing his cheek against her as he did, and let the breath go in a gentle and content sigh. His voice came out hushed and intimate, as if his words were meant only for her. "Very well. I shall plan it to be the most enchanting and romantic honeymoon possible, and hope to pleasantly surprise you when that time comes."

He was positively beaming with joy, and with the side of his face pressed against her shoulder he hoped she could feel his mouth pulling itself into a wide smile. He rubbed her back with one hand and caressed her arm softly with the other. "It cannot happen soon enough for my liking. The thought of being your husband makes me dizzy with excitement. As for the military, I shall probably leave the most senior officer in charge while we're away." With that he leaned his head upward slightly and brushed his nose against her neck before kissing it delicately.

Kit nodded, she could feel every inch of his upper body against hers, his breath was soft against her shoulder and made her shiver as he spoke. "Ah." She whispered, trying to force out words that wouldn't come for a moment. "That would be... Wonderful." She finished after a moment. Her soft white hair slide over her shoulder as she wrapped her arms around his neck, keeping them closer together. She wished it could be as easy as this forever, but she knew it wouldn't be true. There would be wars and fights and hardships as in all marriages, they had yet to fight though so she wondered if this warmth, if this happiness would last. But it wasn't long that she stopped pondering such a dark thing, because he spoke again.

"The senior is a little old and should retire within the next few years, so it'll work for the honey moon, but soon you'll have to change-" Kit shuddered under the kiss, a warmth spreading down her body from his lips and into her core from the sensitive spot. An embarrassing noise cut off her words caused her to inhale sharply, her face became flush. Instantaneously she hid her face away from him, her hair falling front of her face and her arms unlocking from his neck, covering her mouth. Her eyes stuck wide and cast downwards in her shame. She didn't say anything, or try to, she didn't want to look at him.

Lyle opened his mouth to speak, but stopped as she blushed madly and hid her face behind her hair. He touched his fingertips to her forehead gingerly and brushed the hair away from her eyes. Pulling his head off her chest, he looked down into those gentle and milky eyes she tried to hide in embarrassment. He leaned forward and set his forehead against hers. "It's just the two of us, dear." His voice was calm and reassuring. "There is nothing you need to feel ashamed of towards me, and if you do then it only means I have failed you as a husband." He held her face gently in his hands, but made no attempt to force her to turn her eyes up at him. Her cheeks were smooth and warm, probably in part because of her blushing he thought.

"I should have time after the honeymoon to better acquaint myself with the other ranking officers. I would welcome your insight on their character and when the time comes I will make the best decision I can." He stroked his thumbs softly back and forth against her cheeks as he spoke. His breathing came slowly and deeply as he sat there with her.

Kit gently opened her eyes. "You haven't failed anything." She muttered. "I'm just stupid. Is all." Kit pressed her hands over his, closing her eyes again. "I love you. It's just embarrassing. I'm supposed to act cute. Not like a pervert." She mumbled the words in a low voice, looking over to the door. Not because of her embarrassment, but because she heard the steps of someone familiar behind the door. A low, almost quiet knock rapidly hit the door twice. Kit dropped her hands and pulled back, slipping off of him. "Come in, Jack." She said, her voice almost melodic, as if nothing before had happened. Jack opened the dark wooden door with a swing towards her. "Sorry for the interruption kiddies, I just wanted to let you know it's getting late, so dinner will be in awhile, although I know you have a late lunch. You can always take dinner to your room and wait to get hungry again, or just leave it. We will be arrive at the bay of Hylei early morning."

Captain Jack couldn't look any more captain like, a colorful bird sat on her shoulder and her golden earrings glimmered in the light of the candle she was holding. "And sorry about earlier of course, I was just coming down to say hi. I keep forgetting you have a..." She glanced at Lyle with her light eyes "Another with you." Kit nodded, giving a polite smile. "Yes, we will come out when chef calls and decide what to do from there. I'll probably head to bed early too because the ball ended late last night and I had to get up early this morning. Also, you are forgiven." Jack nodded, taking her leave, but before closing the door fully she opened again, "Oh and, just so you kiddies know, it looks like a storm is brewing tonight. Nothing to bad, but still... It's something to keep in mind. I'm not too worried though, plus your mastermind room here is padded perfectly, you guys'll be fine."

Lyle smiled and whispered, "You're not stupid. We're both new to this. We'll-" He heard the footsteps coming towards the door and decided the rest would have to wait at least a little bit longer to be said. Instead he simply said "I love you too" and kissed her on the forehead before she slid off him. Kit greeted the knock at the door and it opened, revealing Jack standing there again. With the colorful parrot on her shoulder, the image of the daring pirate captain was complete. He could easily picture dozens of brave adventurous scenarios in which she could have suffered that injury to her eye. Lyle simply smiled and nodded as she spoke, preferring to let Kit reply unless he was directly addressed. When she turned to him he beamed with pride. Every mention that reminded him that he had a charming and beautiful woman like Kit for a future wife made his heart burst with joy.

Mention of a storm on the other hand made him squirm uncomfortably where he sat. He'd been enjoying this trip thoroughly so far and the last thing he wanted to spend any of it doing was leaning over a railing puking his guts out. That thought was jarred from his mind as Jack took her leave and the door shut. Turning back to Kit, he returned his hands to her cheeks and laid his head against hers again. "We'll get used to being totally open with one another over time. There may be other obstacles in our path, but we will get past them together. We will always love and respect each other, and I am certain that will allow us to survive any disagreement we may have. As for being cute, you are wonderfully cute Princess Kit... and we're going to be married soon. It's ok to act a little perverted in the privacy of your own room with your husband."

Kit sighed as Jack shut the door leaving them alone once again. When Lyle spoke she blushed again, but instead of hiding her face she took the pillow beside her and smashed it into his face. "Don't say things like that!" She squirmed, taking the pillow she shoved into his face and hiding her own red face. "You shouldn't say stuff like that out loud." Kit liked communication, it was the only way she could really figure out what was going on, but this was completely different. This was treading unknown territory. The feeling he gave her drove into her middle just behind her belly button, she could feel it like an uncomfortable heat from being too close to a fire. Though she liked to explore new things and such, this was something that was touchy for her. Because she didn't want to look stupid or immature but she didn't want to look like a perv either.

So instead she just hid away from it, sitting there uselessly as she hid in frustration. Taking a deep breath into the pillow she lifted her head, changing the subject. "For dinner we can have those cupcakes. Cupcakes for dinner. That sounds healthy. The juice we have with the cupcakes is special too because it goes with it's flavor. It's a fruit milk, and it's very nice." She said casually, doing her best to bring focus to it. "I asked for stir fry veggies tonight but you can have something different if you prefer.

Lyle tried not to laugh as the pillow slammed into his face and failed miserably. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He replied cheerfully before his tone turned more sober. "I... I just didn't want you to feel like you'd done something wrong is all." He threw himself face first into the pile of blankets and turned his head so he could speak without being muffled by the soft fabric. "I apologize if I've made you uncomfortable." A shudder went through his body as he worried that he must have offended her. At first, when she attacked him with the pillow, he thought she was merely being playful. Her reaction after that point made him wonder if that was actually the case. He rolled onto his side and curled up into a little ball where he lay as if he could squeeze the shame and discomfort out of his body. Was this their first fight? If so, he hoped he'd handled it properly.

As she began speaking again he listened to her voice and let it reach through his tense muscles and slowly melt the stress away. He remained curled up for a few seconds after she'd finished. "I've had vegetable stir fry before. It's good." His voice began stiff but gradually became more relaxed as he went on, his body stretching back out slowly across the floor. "I'm interested to try that fruit milk with the cupcakes. It sounds most tasty, and cupcakes are an excellent dinner."

"Heh. Daddy always said it makes me fat. But I don't care because I can't see myself." She curled up beside Lyle, her face a bit still pink. "You didn't offend me. I'm just not used to that feeling when you..." She shrugged, and squinted as if looking for the proper word, "When you touch me like..." She hid her face into the pillows and shrugged, "When you turn me on I guess." She said, her voice muffled by the pillows. But her burning face wasn't going to repeat what she had said, so she just kept her face in the pillows, white hair spread out all around her. When her breathing became hot and hard from staying into the pillow too long she turned her head and just stared forward into emptiness that was around her.

"Cupcakes will be a good dinner." She decides with a smile. "I like sweets. Mary-Anne is the best at making them all Chef is pretty good too. I will show you around my castle. We can roll around in the many rooms I have. I can't wait to redecorate it." Kit cuddled up closer to Lyle now, "What do my eyes look like?" She suddenly asked, looking up at him with a curiosity, "What do I look like? Do I look okay?"

Lyle smiled and reached over to take her hand, interlocking their fingers. "Well as someone who can see you, allow me to say that your daddy is a dummy. You have a marvelous figure." He chuckled warmly and felt his face turn bright red. Deciding to drop that subject, he simply pulled her hand to him and kissed it. "They most certainly will," He agreed. His eyes widened a bit as she talked about the castle and his voice became curious and intrigued. "You have many rooms in the castle like this one? I can only imagine what it will be like after they've redesigned it by your plans, but what I can imagine excites me." She cuddled up to him and he held her close, looking down into her eyes as he ran one hand through her silky white locks of hair.

"Your eyes are a light and milky blue, like the sky on a beautiful day. Your hair waves gently like the sea, and it compliments the shape of your wonderful face. Your smile makes my heart race. Your figure is stunning, as is the dress you have on over it. Your hands are soft and smooth and warm." He nuzzled his nose against hers lightly. "You look more than ok, Kit. Everything about you looks positively radiant."

Kit smiled softly, pressing her nose to his and making a face. "I bet I'm so attractive." She said sarcastically, laughing lightly. She ran her fingers over the cool fabric, the room was lit softly with the fire from the lamp and it made her skin and hair glow an almost yellowish color. "I'm gonna go tell chef to just bring the cupcakes to our room later with some juice, I'll be right back." Kit kissed the tip of his nose (missing his forehead actually, which she was originally aiming for) and stood up, jumping over him and bounding to the door shoeless while she bounced upon the bed. Kit pushed the door open and slipped out the wooden door, the soft sounds of her padding to the kitchen could be heard, as well as the soft sounds of her making her way back. When she opened the door it gave a little squeak, causing Kit to look at it with wide eyes. "Oh, I guess you need to be oiled soon." She said, shutting the door behind her.

"Sir Chef will be in after awhile, he will bring cupcakes for dinner. And for dessert, stir-fry!" She bounced on the bed, jumping and causing teddies and pillows to jump around, the lamp gave a tremble as she did. She bounded right for the door. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna get ready for bed. Your stuff is in here too by the way." Kit smiled, opening the door and giving it a gentle close behind her. From inside you could hear her fumble around a bit, bumping into things and shutting drawers. When she came out, she was in a simple white silk nighty that went to her knees, she bounced back to Lyle with a bit of embarrassment on her face. "It's dark in there, I forgot the lamp." She muttered, explaining her noise as she fell backwards onto the bed.

(Sorry to take so long, writers block)

Lyle's breathing froze briefly as Kit's nose pressed back against his playfully. "I can't help it if you are," He shrugged and chuckled. Though her appearance wasn't what drew him to her anyway, he did find her to be an attractive woman. He was eager for her to know he adored everything about her. The light from the lamp played over her body, giving it a vaguely golden tint. "Very we-" He stopped and blushed as she kissed him. Watching as she leapt up and quickly made her way across the room, he caught his breath and leaned back into the velvety ocean of blankets beneath him. He could hear the sound of her bare feet pattering across the hall and back, and sat back up as she returned through the squeaky door.

"That sounds splendid," He remarked cheerfully. She bounced excitedly on the bed and he found himself moved to bounce with her, blissfully carefree. As she got up and headed for the bathroom he looked around and spotted his luggage. "Ah, thanks. I'll get changed after you then." While he waited for her to change he was so brimming with joy and energy that he began rolling around in the sheets. If this was how they were now, he wondered if they might find use for the padded silk around the room when they inevitably began bouncing off the walls. She emerged wearing a white silk nightgown that fell around her frame remarkably. He swallowed to clear the lump in his throat as she dropped back onto the bed beside him. "That explains it then. I hope you didn't hurt yourself." His voice trailed off as he looked her over as best he could. Suddenly he remembered he was going to change next. "I, ah. I forgot to get my night clothes out while you were in there. I probably should have done that." He crawled over to his suitcases and opened one. His mother had anticipated this, it seemed, as a set of light blue silk nightwear pants and a matching shirt were neatly folded at the top. He took them and knelt down beside Kit on his way to the bathroom, kissing her forehead. Leaving the lamp out in the bedroom, he closed the door and very carefully changed out of his clothes and into his nightwear before stepping back out into the room and closing the door again. Dropping back down, he pulled himself over to Kit and snuggled up close with her.

(S'alright. No rush. :) )

While Lyle was getting dressed, Kit pushed the lamp into the corner of the room, the light danced and created shadows among the mattress. When he came back she was sitting in the middle of the giant bed, pondering the world and life. Hearing the door close she curled up and snuggled with him. "I think I am similar to a bat." She stated, "Not my noise, but by warmth." She grabbed his hand, "I can feel the warmth of the lamp and this is what you call light, correct? It dances over certain areas on my body and I can feel it. That's how I know what is in front of the light source, because there is shadow there." She explained "The bigger the shadow the closer it is to the source of heat. And that's the best way I can find depth. Because in there-" She pointed to the door "Everything was dark. Everything was cold. I couldn't tell much about what was in front or behind me other when when I banged around and made sound to bounce off of things."

Kit shrugged when she realized she was rambling, trying to figure out the way she worked. "I dunno. I think that's weird, because the other blind girl I met said she did it mostly by hearing, but I have a hard time and I do it mostly with feeling. Moving things vibrate the floor, light helps tell depth, as well as wind. Smell and sound helps me differentiate people though. Maybe I'm wrong" Kit pressed her hand against his PJ's, the were smooth and kind to the touch. "I like touching things." She murmured, pressing her face against the fabric. "Everything has a different feel and it's really interesting."

Lyle felt her hand wrap around his as they curled up together again. As she spoke he brushed the pad of his thumb over the back of her hand. This was, he'd found, the best way to give her feedback the way a smile or a nod might be given to one who could see. He reached his other hand out and stroked her arm delicately. It made him happy to see her so at ease that she could go on and on like this about the simple things in life, which admittedly hardly seemed simple at all in some ways but she'd adapted amazingly well. There would be serious matters to attend to and unpleasant roadblocks to overcome, but those would come in time and they would work past them together. For now he just wanted to make the most of their carefree time together while it lasted.

He almost laughed as he remembered the ball. The only person he'd met besides Kit and Mortifer had been that foolish prankster who'd tried to stain his shirt red. He was about to tell her the story when her hand pressed against his chest, followed by her face. His hand that she held stayed gently clasped and continued to rub while his other hand came up to stroke her hair. "I also enjoy touch." He muttered in a low, affectionate tone. "Perhaps when you take me to the shopping district you should help me pick out a new wardrobe. All different fabrics pleasing to your touch."

Kit inhaled his scent, taking a deep breath. "If I did that my hands would never want to come off you, probably." She laughed at the stupidity of what she said and shook her head. "But I suppose that's how it is now anyway." She leaned forward and gave him a gentle kiss against his jaw. As if on que suddenly a loud bout of thunder banged out loud from above. Kit looked frightened at Lyle through her milky eyes that were a shade of orange under the lamps poor light. "I think the storm is starting." She whispered, the boat began to lull, rocking a bit harder, waves hitting up against the side of the boat. "It's probably best if we stay here... I think if it get's bad I'm not going to eat, because I get sea sick sometimes." Kit whispered, "Chef knows, he brings me a bucket when it gets bad."

She listened a few more seconds for thunder, but none came for a good while. She yawned covering her mouth and closed her eyes as she cuddled into Lyle, only for the boat to rock and for her to absolutely slam into him, falling over him and onto the wall covered padding. The boat had absolutely lurched for reasons Kit didn't know. She held her stomach when she bounced, all the animals, pillows and blankets sliding down to one side before righting itself. Kit held her hand over her mouth. "That was bad. That was bad." Thunder cracked through the sky. "I've never ever fallen onto the wall like that."

Lyle whispered playfully. "Indeed. I rather like the sound of that, as a matter of fact." He kissed her nose as she leaned in to kiss his jaw. The crack of thunder boomed through the room. As she gave him a frightened look, he spoke to her in a calmly reassuring voice while still petting her hair delicately. "I will be here to look after you, my dear." Giving her hand a gentle squeeze, he chuckled awkwardly. "If it gets too bad though, I hope you don't mind sharing that bucket. I have a tendency to get awfully seasick as well."

He relaxed and leaned his head over onto hers as they cuddled up and then it hit. She crashed into him and they were sent flipping over into the wall. He slid off the wall after a shifting pillow pelted him in the face as the ship settled and rolled onto his back. He stared up at the ceiling for a moment, balled one hand into a fist, and held it in front of his mouth while he waited for his stomach to settle as well. "Mhmmmhmmm..." He groaned. "Yeah, that was a nasty one. You ok?" He sat up slowly and looked over at Kit.

(Sorry for the short post. Now I'm getting hit with writer's block. >.<)

(As long as you post at some point I don't care how short it is. :p Quality over quantity)

Kit took a deep breath, feeling the boat rock a little more she slid, but didn't hit the wall. Things in the room were shifting. "Yeah. I hit my elbow pretty hard but I'm fine. I'm not worried about bumping around. I'm worried about the boat going down. This thing was built well but nothing is indestructible." Her stomach turned unhappily within her and she placed her hand on her head. She could hear the loud knock of the door even over the next loud crash of thunder. Chef came in with a bucket and a tin waterbottle with padding on it. Whatever he had said in his low voice had been covered up. Chef looked weird stepping on the mattress to set the bucket and bottle in the bathroom. He had left his boots off at the door and was in black socks.

"Im gonna wait for this to clear up a bit before I give you your food, I just went up there a second and skinny Gus fell into the water. I imagine if he went over the three foot railing food will come up off your plate easier." Chef stepped back over the mattress to the doorway, putting his boots back on. "Is Gus alright then?" Kit asked worriedly, and Chef nodded. "Captain Jack threw 'em a line. It coulda been bad, but He's fine. Rouge wave, it means a big rock underwater somewhere miss, but nothing that can do damage to the ship." He reassured her, giving a slight bow and closing the door behind him. Kit looked at Lyle "That's terribly dangerous, he could have died." Kit grabbed at some of the blankets and put them over herself. "Well i always said if I die I wish to die in my sleep so I'm heading to bed."

"Whaaa-" Lyle cried out as the boat rolled him over a few times before he grabbed onto the bed tightly. He shivered as she mentioned the boat sinking. "I'm sure the storm isn't that bad, or the captain would have turned back or tried to change course when they first saw it... wouldn't she?" His voice was as confident as he could make it, but a slight quiver came out. There was a gurgling from his stomach as it rebelled against this tortuous treatment. When the chef entered accompanied by further rumbling of thunder, Lyle grasped at his abdomen with both hands. The sight of the bucket seemed to remind his bowels of their intent and his face contorted in pain as he leaned himself up against the nearest wall.

He tried to push the discomfort to the back of his mind briefly so his face could show concern for the crewman who'd fallen overboard. Other than a short flash of expression, he couldn't manage any other display besides a nod and sigh of relief when the chef went on to mention that Gus had been saved. After a little while, his stomach calmed down enough for him to take a deep breath and shake the tension out. "I know, I was afraid f-" He stopped suddenly and brought a hand up to his mouth, groaning loudly. "Oh... Mmmm. I... I had feared the worst, but I'm glad he was recovered safely." He took another deep breath through his nose and let it out. Lowering himself down across the bed beside Kit, he murmured in her ear. "In that case, I shall make my own preparations. If we did die tonight, there would be no way I would rather go..." His arms slid around her stomach and he pressed himself up against her, tilting his head down to place his forehead against the back of her neck. "Than with you held in my arms."

Kit nodded, it was supposed to be a romantic notion, to love someone so much you would die beside them. But she did not at all find this romantic, she found it terrifying. It used to be exhilarating when they hit a storm, she would laugh and jump and go up and watch as the waves overlapped onto the deck at her feet. She would stay up there until she vomited, not having a care in the world. It was much different though when you had someone you love, it was much different though when you feared for not only your own life but anothers. it was much different when you loved a person.

Kit grabbed the lamp and snuffed it out with a metal piece attached under it. Everything was dark and cold and her sense of depth was gone, but that didn't matter. Closing her eyes, she pressed her body up against Lyle when he cuddled her. Her fingers were cold and her face pale. Though the boat rocked a few more times quite roughly, it was nothing too terrible. And it wasn't long before the thunder sounded far and you could no longer here the waves violently lapping at the edge of the boat wishing for a frothy and terrible death of the crew. When the boat went back to a soft rock, Kit's heart rate fell down and so did her anxiety. She stayed wrapped up in Lyle and in the blankets, slowly her breathing get slower, and her throughts drifting off as she began to sleep.

Lyle could feel her fear growing as they lay together in the storm-tossed ship. He'd meant to give her a heartwarming and affectionate reply to her own comment about death. It seemed though that when the subject turned to his own death her casual wittiness gave way to concern. A mix of emotions settled into his chest as he thought about this. While he felt bad for giving her cause for alarm, he also felt touched that she would react in that manner. In a way, it was incredibly romantic. Not that she was worried, but that she was worried about him.

Suddenly the room fell dark and he could feel Kit pressing up against him. He slowly slid his hands over hers and let their warmth flow out into her. It wasn't long after they'd cuddled up that the tossing and rocking ceased and the roar of the storm died down and returned to the peaceful quiet and gentle lapping of the calm sea. He felt the tension melt away from them both and rubbed his nose into her neck. He whispered softly and lovingly to her. "Goodnight, my wonderful wife to be. I love you." His heartbeat and breathing slowed and he felt the gentle tug of dreams pull him off to sleep.

Kit's dreams were filled with soft noises of the sea, and warmth from the sun. Although nothing really made sense in her dream, she was happy, and that's all she really cared to know. When she woke up, it was still dark, of course. But in her dream she saw something, saw color, and that had made her very happy. Her eyes fluttered open and she remembered where she was. In the arms of Lyle. His breath was warm and chest breathing slowly as it did in rest. She could feel his heart beat against her. It was right on time that she woke up though, and very possible that she had awoken by the squeaking of the door. Because Lucy's dark figure was in the doorway with a smile.

Kit turned her head and looked to the side, because the door knocked against the wall behind Lucy as Lucy spoke. "We've been here for awhile. You guys overslept a little but I figure that's okay. When you are ready, you can tell Gus upstairs to grab your luggage and head down to the beach. We're at island 4 so you just go right on home and put away your things." Kit turned to look at Lyle though, she knew it wouldn't be pretty once he saw her father, so she wondered if she should have him wait here while she went up to fight for the throne. It was a one man job afterall. Lucy must have been thinking the same, because she suddenly said quietly "Your father does not know about your arrival."

Status
Not open for further replies.