Lyle and Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyle dreamt in that way that had a certain strangeness to it which made it completely ordinary. Waiting for his lovely bride only to realize he was naked in front of everyone. Waking up in a panic and rushing to a wedding he would certainly be late for. There was even an inexplicable moment where he and Kit kissed, only for her to remark that his lips tasted like cake and proceed to take a bite out of his cheek as his skin turned to frosting. That last dream would have been a psychoanalysts playground had he remembered it upon awakening. As it was, the dreamworld faded and was replaced by the sweet scent of her vanilla perfume which had lulled him to sleep the night before. She was still held in his arms, her hands rested under his. He took a deep breath and let it go down along her back as he squeezed her hands delicately to let her know he was awake.

Lucy stood at the door and had already begun speaking to Kit when his eyes focused on the spot of light in the otherwise dark room. Kit turned to him, a hint of uncertainty there he could sense but not directly understand why. His thoughts were confirmed when Lucy spoke up again. He looked into her milky blue eyes and spoke with reassuring and tender confidence. "You know and understand your father and this land far better than I. I shall defer to your judgment on how to deal with these issues, but I would like to speak my mind on this matter first. I want us to face our problems together, and I should hate myself forever if anything happened to you in my absence." He leaned forward and kissed her nose when he'd finished speaking.

When Kit knew Lyle was awake she sighed, resting her head against his chest and cuddling up to him. Lucy nodded and took her leave right before Lyle began to speak, figuring it rude to listen in. She shut the door with a soft click, and the sound of metal on wood was heard in the hallway all the way up until she went up the stairs. It would be bright out, hot outside when they finally got up. The air would be fairly dry and warm, sun lighting up the islands beautifully as it often did. Little huts would line all around, ones with thick reed roofs and walls. The middle class would have wood homes that were made similar to a log cabin. The rich kids would have houses made of stone and vine. These houses all intermixed with eachother in the kingdom, Kit would not allow separation based on any difference especially those of income or race.

Lifting her head, Kit sat up with a sigh. "I know your request means well but this is a time of hardship, and even if you were to come you would not be able to battle him. If you win, the kingdom then fights you in order to regain rule to the original, it has happened before. This is why only family must dethrone family. Luckily in the past it has been well thought-out rules, the children usaully wait until their parents are sick and asking for death. Sadly though, my father will not die this way. He is doing wrong to the kingdom. I wonder if it is okay to bring you there, because you may just get hurt anyway."

Lyle looked down to nuzzle his nose in her hair as she put her head in his chest. He softly rubbed one of her arms and held her other hand gently. The hot sun warmed the ship, and some of that warmth made it to their little hideaway in the sheets and pillows. Here in this moment and in this castle of silk and velvet they were safe, but their faith in the heavens and each other could not grow if they tried to stay safe forever. Soon they would have to rise and confront the most daunting challenge of their relationship. Her wicked father. Whatever kind of man he may have once been, Lyle knew her father had no respect for Kit now. Part of him, remembering Mortifer, hoped beyond hope that the man could be made to see goodness. He knew that the chances of that were slim to none though, and that he likely would be sent to execution hateful and unrepentant.

She looked up at him, her eyes glinting with a mix of emotions. He brought his hand on her arm up, turning the back to her face and lightly caressing her cheek. His voice was now a loving murmur. "I more meant to keep an eye on you for your safety and to give you my support. If you believe that the best way for me to support you in this matter is to stay on the boat or somewhere else where it's safe though, I will do so without question."

Kit took a deep breath, letting it out and sighing. "Maybe it is best for you to stay here." She whispered softly, her heart aching in her chest. Because she knew what must be done. His blood would be on her hands, and it was awful, and it was horrible, and it was something she never wanted Lyle to see her as. A demon. The same demonic flow that ran through her father. The same power that rushed through her veins. It made her feel sick to her stomach, because she knew because of her nature, she would enjoy it. She would love to make her father feel the same pain she went through as a child and it made her feel disgusting.

Sitting up Kit sighed, "Let me go get dressed." She said, getting up and walking carefully on the fluffy bed to the bathroom. It was warm, and when she closed the door she made sure to feel her surroundings carefully. Part of the reason last time she had such a hard time was because they had moved stuff around for some reason. She didn't know why, but she felt too embarrassed to ask. Running her fingers over the suitcase she took out her clothes and slipped off her nightgown. She wore a simple white silk blouse with a peter pan top and a light white skirt that went right above her knees with a simple pair of knee high stockings, then slipped on her simple ballet flats before coming back out. Her hair was back in a pony tail and her face weary. "So I shall go, and you stay here awhile?"

Lyle rubbed her back consolingly and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Then that is what I shall do." He could see the hint of pain and turmoil in her eyes. She was going to face her demons, some literal and others metaphorical. He wished he could be there with her, to comfort and support her through this dark and troubling time. Her decision had been made though, and he would trust and respect it no matter how desperately the voice of fear pleaded with him. The strained beating of her heart resonated through his own chest. He knew she would be leaving soon, and he hoped he knew what to say to put her heart at ease before she did.

As she rose he nodded and replied, "Right." Normally he wouldn't have said anything, but he wanted her to have something to know that he'd heard and acknowledged what she said. Watching her walk off to the bathroom, he sat up and sighed. Just as last night their peaceful trip had been beset by a raging storm, so too was their relationship about to enter a tumultuous place of uncertainty. Their bodies had survived the howling winds and churning waters though, and in the same way their love would endure this storm of life. Hearing the click of the bathroom door, he looked up to see Kit emerge wearing a simple but adorable outfit. Taking a deep breath, he stood and walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her with a gentle firmness. As he withdrew his lips, he ran the side of his hand along her hairline until his palm came to rest against her cheek. "No matter what happens, remember that I love you and I will always love you."

Kit smiled at Lyle sadly, hugging him tightly. Her hair tickled the back of her neck when it swung to hug him and she pressed her face against his shoulder. She clutched a piece of paper held tightly in her hands, a parchment that she had Lucy make up for her much, much earlier. "Yes. And I shall always love you." Kit whispered in his ear, letting him go and handing him the piece of paper. "And if I don't make it..." Her throat tightened up a bit and she took a deep breath. She was afraid Lyle would reject the thought, but she knew it was a possibility, because her father was older, and wiser, and stronger. In fact, Kit wondered if she had much of a chance at all. It was very possible that this would be her death. "Then this tiny paper, holds all of my kingdom within it. And you shall own all of it. Just as you own all of my heart, you own all of my hearts desires, which is my people and their safety."

Kit sighed, "Take it to the Ferorian lands of the dwarves, and they will gather thousands of warriors to come with you and take down my father and claim the kingdom by non-violently stopping my people. In our history books they have done this once before. Ask for king Jarrod, and tell him of my..." She paused a moment "... Death. Tell him it is code zero, and show him this parchment and will know what to do." The parchment had writing on it, and was signed in Kit's blood, it was to know that war was upon them. King Jarrod was a good friend of Kit's and would take care of Lyle if it came down to it, she knew he would. "But of course, otherwise..." Kit said, pretending to be optimistic, "I shall be back soon."

Lyle clung back to Kit as she hugged him. He felt the silkiness of her hair, the soft warmth as she whispered her love in his ear. What she said next made him tremble and his eyes became misty. He knew it would be said. He knew it had to be said. Her father was powerful and this was all too possible. Though he felt a searing agony pierce him to his very soul, he also knew this was a burden he had to accept if he truly loved her. Tears flowed freely from his eyes as he took the parchment she handed him. The words choked up in his throat repeatedly as he tried to speak, like a piece of underchewed food that was painful to swallow. "O-Of course... If you... I-If the worst... I will. Take care of them."

He tried unsuccessfully to stifle the tears as she continued. "Why can't we ask their help now? Why must you... why do you have to die before they will come?" His voice was a raspy, strained whisper and nearly gave out when he forced the word die over his tongue. When she turned to her pretend optimism, he took her hands and nodded. "Yes... and I shall be waiting for you and praying for your safe return when you do."

"Lyle, they will not know the seriousness of it until something happens. Sadly prevention of things aren't well taken care of, but we..." Kit whispered, "We shall change this, yes? Eventually we will. We will take steps to make prevention of such things taken seriously. Right know though... It is not. Right now there must be a problem before other kingdoms are willing to fix what is happening. And it has to be serious. This is just how those matters work. But I'll..." Kit wiped her eyes and took a step back, trying to give him hope, but even she knew it was false. "I'll be back. Okay? Wait for me my love." Kat bit her lip before turning to the door, and slowly opening it. Her heart had sank, but she shook her head. She knew she had to do what was going to be best for everyone. Not just for her, for her life, and for Lyle and her's relationship. It was hard not to be selfish, but she did so anyhow.

Kit stepped out of the room, closing the door behind her with a squeak. Kit winced at the noise, quickly pushing it out of her head before hustling right up the steps quietly. She heard a glimpse of Jack and Lucy talking in hushed voices near the wheel and hid behind the large pole holding up the sails. She knew if they saw her they would try to tell her not to go alone. To get back up, to be responcable not honorable. Kit though was a girl of her word and she had told her father herself one day he would be cowering at his hands. Though she knew this was most likely less than true, that this would not go her way, she still slipped off the ship without a noise. Gus and Guz were loading up cargo at the bottom, and she walked right by them. The cargo was tall and she short and it was easy to weave inbetween boxes and boxes and not be seen. After all the princess needed a very loaded up ship.

The air was warm and the sun beat down harshly. It reflected off the sea and could create a blinding light that didn't bother Kit in the slighest. She knew her footing her, and walked right along the path. A few people gave a shout, a hello and wave and hug. As the princess was a social butterfly here, she prayed for the sick and comforted those in need. She was well liked indeed. Even though Kit greeted these people with warm smiles and happiness, anyone could tell the anxiety and worry written over her face and features, the fear that was settled deep within the depths of her heart. In her head she whispered prayers not for her safety but the safety of the people, the safety of her new-found love, the safety of her friends that protected her through the years. The staff that had tended to whatever Kit wanted without complaint. The safety of neighboring villages when very possibly her father went to war with other kingdoms to keep his throne if she so died and went to hell where her family belonged. She prayed hard and long as she shook the hands of men and tightly hugged the children of the community that come to greet her. Hugged them as if it would be the last time she would ever see them.

The castle stood tall in the middle of the island, with dark victorian gates around it. It was much different from the rest of the island, which was tropical and warm and pleasant. It had a darkness that hung around it, very possibly because her father never left the grounds. The castle was made of dark gray stone and had vines weaving up to the many windows and balconies. Gardens of deep violet and dark red hung around the edges, with horses of black and white with knights sitting atop of them walked around casually. Guarding the gates. When Kit appeared, the gates were opened with a creak and she walked down the shaded path. The only light was really in the back yard where Kit's hidden garden was guarded within the forest, secret from her father for obvious reason. Kit knew this place well, every step and every stone she knew. She needed no help going up to the steps while the knights in heavy black armor opened the doors with a pleasant hello. Kit's first steps were quiet and sneaky into the house. She slipped up the steps carefully, listening for breathing, walking, the glug of someone downing a bottle of whiskey.

But Kit heard none of it as she made it to the top of the tower, to her bedroom. She slipped into the white and lilac room that smelled of fresh vanilla and lilac flowers for her arrival home. Immediately she knew with the fresh flowers that her father knew she was coming home. Someone had told, somehow he knew. No one could sneak up flowers to her room without his permission, they feared death.They feared for their life. A small pistol was in the drawer underneath her many papers of ideas she had often had. It was an ink that raised so she could read her writing too, made especially for her by one of her teachers when she was much younger. The pistol had two bullets, and Kit knew that if neither one hit. Well then, she was fucked. Then again she was also screwed over if she hit an arm or a leg, because her father already knew torture and pain and she knew that it wouldn't stop him to be shot. He would kill her if he could, if he knew she was after the throne. There was no other way the throne could be taken. Slipping the gun into the waistband of her skirt and folding her shirt that was slightly too big over it she took a deep breath and set off to find her father.

Her footsteps were more like tiptoes around the large castle. Once in awhile she would pass a servant and they would say nothing. It was weird to have them say nothing. After all, she was a princess. Normally her trips home resulted in hugs and hellos, but not this time. It made goosebumps raise on her skin, and the hair on the back of her neck. Like an animal, she knew something was wrong, she knew something was up. She knew that this was not going to be a happy free time. When she stood outside of the large closed door to her fathers office, she knew immediately her father stood inside. Not because of the sound of glass clinking against a table as he brought down the shot, but because the door had never been closed before. It was always open, with Kit's father sitting in his big velvet purple chair sitting before the fireplace with a cigar in his hand and a shot in his hand. It never before had been closed. Not even during kingly buisness, simply because he wanted the guards to keep him safe. But not this time, and with narrowed eyes and the twist of a cold handle, Kit opened the door. Her heart in her throat.

Nothing was said between the two as Kit stood there, closing the door softly behind her. More unusaully than the door being closed was the fact the desk was neat and tidy, books placed in alphabetical order, the entire place was clean even though he never let a maid into hid office. It smelled of cigar smoke and heavy alcohol, so Kit did not know this difference. To her it seemed like the same rug, the same wood, the same fireplace, the same father that sat staring off into the distance. If Kit could see in fact, she would know of the cleanliness of the entire castle, that the maids had cleaned every square inch top to bottom on the order of her father. None of the maids were wearing their perfume either, except for Lucy, but Kit had been too busy stuck in her head trying to plan things out to notice this.

With a few steps, Kit stepped by the chair, putting her hand on it. The soft feel of the couch familiar underneath her sensitive fingertips. "Hello, daughter." He spoke in a low, melodic voice, tapping his cigar in the ash tray. "Father." Kit nodded, letting go of the chair to stand in front of the fireplace, staring back with empty eyes at her dad. "How was your trip, my little girl? I expected you would be getting your stuff to leave today and head off to a new mans castle." His voice was very condensending and it made Kit shudder. "No. I found a man and brought him back to my kingdom to help me rule as queen, actually." She said in a flat tone, she didn't realize she was staring into the depth of his blood red eyes, staring him down, making him feel small. But she was. And she looked so much like her mother as she did. "Your starting to sound like your sister." He coughed, putting the cigar back in his mouth. Kit took a step forward.

"We don't speak about her." She said in a strong voice. Kia blew the smoke forward, letting the thick of it hit her face. Kit didn't move, only tilted her head. In that moment, the tension was thick, and Kit could feel her father quake. To see his daughter finally standing her ground, to see in his eyes the possibility of his near death. He lost his cool, and in the sudden next seconds to pass were quick and rough. At the same time Her father charged at her from the chair, Kit took the gun out of her dress and shot twice. Her father fell, blood pouring from his head and neck, crumpled on the ground. Blood sprayed along the carpets, along Kit, and dripped along the knife that was stuck in her side. Kit dropped to her knees.

Blood. Blood. Blood. Everywhere. It smelled thick and heavy, it burned into her body. And her father laughed a single time, the cigar still in his hand, and took his last puff before coughing out, "Well done, daughter. Your damned." And letting his soul release from his body to hell where it belonged. The red it covered everything, the red covered her and her father. It soaked her pretty clothes, and his expensive ones. It warmed and bubbled into the crackeling orange fireplace, and spotted the violet carpet a deeper purple. Color. Kit thought, tears in her eyes I can see! I can s-" Her body hunched against the floor, as her eyes and mind fell into blackness. Her last thoughts prayers of thanks.

Lyle shook with fear and sadness where he stood, holding intensely close for as long as he could before she stepped back. The tears still hung in his eyes when she tried to give him a comforting goodbye. He merely sniffled and nodded, calling after her with a whisper as she left. "Be safe, my love." It wasn't so much a request of her. He knew she had to do what she was about to do, and it was anything but safe. It was a request to the gods, the beginning of his longest prayer yet. As the door closed, he dropped to his hands and knees and wept bitterly. "Please... please... please..." He whispered over and over. "Let her return to me safely." The blanket bunched up around his hands as he tightened his grasp around it. "I beg you, gods and goddesses, please do not let our time together end today. Protect your faithful servant from the evil of wicked men. Grant me the chance to hold her again. Do not allow her cruel father to be her only company during her final moments..."

He continued on and on without ceasing. Finally a knock came on the door and it creaked open. The chef stood at the entrance with a tray of food and drink, but Lyle made no move from where he knelt with his head bowed. Several moments that might have seemed like an eternity passed by, and a single tear rolled down his cheek along a path that could be clearly seen left by his tears before. The man wordlessly stepped back and slowly brought the door shut, leaving the tray on the floor just beside it and quietly making his way back across the hall. Lyle's body was wracked with terror and grief as he feared the worst, but he kept his prayers going persistently. Until Kit returned or word was brought of what had come of her, he would neither move from his prayers nor eat.

Upon hearing the noise, a maid peaked into the room. With wide eyes and a gasp she left, the bloodied heap of bodies against each other before the fireplace. With that there was a rush of both father and daughter to the doctors station by horse, by knight. It galloped through the streets and people whispered in horror at the sight. Kit made no move, just as her father didn't, the knife still stuck inside her. Words were exchanged quickly and nervously from maid to maid as they tried to track down Lucy who was supposed to protect the princess with her life. The servant of her fathers sat in the dungeon only minutes after the maid found the bodies. Things didn't go well for main servants who didn't do what their job was. Especially something of importance of this.

When it was heard that Lucy was on the main ship, two guards clanked into there armor up it, apprehending both an angry yelling Jack and surprised Lucy with heavy hands until they found out what exactly had happened. Metal clanked against wood, and Gus and Guz hid quickly. Jack yelled loudly at the two, after all it wasn't her job to protect anyone. She did her job, she got the princess back. Searching the ship, the guards made sure nothing else was suspicious before taking their leave.

Lyle was deeply focused on his prayers when he heard a growing clanking of metal armor grating against itself and thumping against the wooden floor of the ship. He turned toward the door and sat on his legs, head still bowed in prayer as the door creaked open. His voice was low and hoarse, but carried the firm and commanding tone of nobility with it as he questioned the guards. "You have come here because of Princess Kit and her father. Tell me what has happened to her."

"She's going to the doctors station. It appears she has been stabbed. Her father shot twice in the face. They will be searched over, we have no idea if either is alive but we will do our best to keep them safe." The guard nodded, looking at the boy a little longer before trudging back up the stairs and looking about. It wasn't much longer until the king was denounced dead at the large stone building that acted as a little hospital, Kit laying on a stone bed with cloth over it as they pulled out the knife in a long sweep. They put a injection in her system as they began emergency surgery and stitches. The pain would be extensive without the injection.

Lyle raised his head and called out to the guard as he turned to leave. "Stop." He rose to his feet and walked over to the man, looking up with reddened but confident eyes. "You will take me to her at once." The guard was about to protest, but something in Lyle's look and something in his tone said it all. With only a simple glance, it was plain to see who she was to him. Everything Kit meant to him was written on that tight-lipped face and those two intense eyes like daggers. The man relented and Lyle did his best to wipe the tears from his eyes and face at last.

Following him off the ship and into the city, Lyle looked around at the people who stood on the sides of the street whispering to each other in hushed tones. Wherever one set of eyes met his, he gave a small smile and a nod of recognition. These people love her deeply as well. He thought. I must be strong so that they may be inspired to hope and not despair. They entered the doctor's station and the staff looked up at him, moving from the path of the young man led by a towering guard. Upon reaching Kit's room, Lyle turned to the guard and nodded. "Thank you." He walked through the doorway and stood along the wall, watching and praying as they worked. As soon as the operation was finished, he would swoop in and take a seat beside her bed and hold her hand gently.

Outside the people gathered by the gates of the castle, not only from the first island but from many of the islands which bridges connected too. Whispers went from island to island as people rushed around outside the castle gates whispering. They only parted when the knights came riding back into the castle. And they waited. And they waited. Lucy and Jack were being interrogated in the lower part of the castle, the servant had been killed for not doing his duty. The city was a mess, in an obvious turmoil. Kit laid still on the bed as they finished sewing the skin together from the gaping wound. Kit laid on the bed in silence, and the doctored stared over her still body in silence, they turned to wash and put away their tools. A nurse put a sheet over over Kit quietly and glanced at Lyle before stepping out of the room with the other doctors to talk to eachother. Soon an announcement would have to be made to the people before they began to riot and such.

As long as the doctors and nurses were out of the room Lyle sat beside Kit with her hand in his. His eyes never once moved from hers, even when it occurred to him that he was still in his pajamas. He let out a soft sigh and gave a prayer of thanks to the gods that they had made it this far, and asked them fervently that her beautiful eyes would open again soon. We're almost out of the storm, my love. He thought as he delicately brushed his thumb along the back of her hand. Soon the skies will calm and we'll be home.

When the medicine wore off and Kit slowly opened her eyes, she stared up at the blurred ceiling for a very long time. Every crack, even the white color was absolutely beautiful. Sunshine filtered in from the large window, shining against her hair and brighter blue eyes, along with the candles casting a golden glow. I can see. I can see. She thought in amazement. Someone had off the bottom half of her blouse, and blood still stained the skirt and her pale skin. She would have to clean up soon, getting her fathers and her own dried blood off of her. She then remembered where she was and remembered what had happened, her eyes still above. Maybe instead of seeing again... Was she simply dead?

She tried sitting up a little too fast and felt the sharp pain in her side, and laid back down with a gasp, her hand over the stitches. Though it was stitched up well, and the doctors had done the best they could possibly do for the princess, no one could speed up the healing time. A nurse came in with a smile soft and an ointment in hand. "Good! Your awake!" She said in almost a quiet tone, "I'll have you know that your father passed away." She said, feigning mourning, "I deeply apologize." Kit just stared at the nurse in silence, her eyes wide as she saw her first being. "I know. I killed him." She said, bluntly. The complete and utter disfeeling of it made the nurse raise her brows and stifle a laugh. "Yes... Well..."

Lyle felt joy and relief and thankfulness overwhelm him as Kit's eyes opened. It took every ounce of will he had to not throw his arms around her recently injured body. Thank you. Once more the tears came to his eyes, but this time they were tears of joy. He smiled widely and let out a strange breath that was half-gasp and half-sigh. The only thing he could think to do was to give her hand a squeeze as he sat beside her. "Kit..." He whispered happily. "Kit." No other words would come, but it didn't matter. He could call her name, the name of the most important person in his world. Everything that needed to be said could be read on his face and in the gentle touch of his hands.

He winced as she sat up and he could tell by the way she laid back down holding her side that she was in pain. The pain, he reminded himself, would go away in time. It all would. The nurse passed on the "bad" news to Kit, and he had to suppress a chuckle at Kit's dry and blunt reply. With her wicked father out of the way, they would be free to rule the islands in a more compassionate way. The people would finally have the quality of life they deserved. He and Kit would grow old taking care of each other. They would take care of their people. One day even they would have princes and princesses to take care of as well. Leaning forward, he rested his head gingerly on her legs and faced up at her.

Kit's eyes widened as she stared at Lyle with wide eyes. Just stared at him. Something inside her was on fire, it had to be, she quickly decided. "Lyle." She whispered softly. The nurse cleared her throat and Kit's eyes darted back to her. "This ointment needs to go on your wound before you can go home. And we will give you a tin of the ointment as well to put on every couple of hours or so at home. It will reduce scarring, help so that the scar doesn't become infected and numb the area a bit." The nurse took a clean finger and softly pressed on the cool ointment onto her stomach, an almost L shaped looking scar by her belly button from where her father had twisted the knife.

The nurse smiled, and gave a sign before leaving happy. Kit saw this, signaling back at her politely before looking down at Lyle. "I lived." She stated softly, was the first thing she could say. "He has been dethroned. We're gonna marry." Kit nodded, tears in her eyes. "Oh, and also..." She whispered in joy, "I can see. The gods gave me my sights back!"

Lyle gazed up into Kit's eyes as she stared back at him. It felt... different somehow, although he couldn't tell why just yet. Her voice whispering out his name sent a warm tingle through his cheeks and a flutter through his heart. He watched and listened as the nurse explained that she would need to use a special ointment on her wound while it finished healing. His eyes followed as she went on to apply the ointment to the scar. Looking at it sent a shiver down Lyle's spine. The pain must have been terrible, and things could have ended up a lot worse. He shook those thoughts from his head. She would be fine given time. The gods had answered his prayers and allowed them to be together again.

As the nurse rose to leave, Lyle smiled and nodded to her in thanks. Turning back to Kit, he patted her hand tenderly. Still struggling with words, he simply whispered "Yeah" affectionately as her words sank in. She had lived. She had overthrown her father, and now they could be married. He froze for a moment at what she said next. She what? Can it be? The gods not only returned her to me alive, but restored her sight? "Y-you can see?" His eyes lit up and he beamed with joy, nearly throwing himself at her before catching himself. He took her hands and his eyes teared up in happiness. "Truly all our prayers have been answered today."

"Yeah... And your..." Kit just looked at him without knowing what to say. "So..." She struggled with the words, because she hadn't really known what color was or what things that were nice really looked like. She only knew what they felt like. "Attractive." She finished, finding an easy replacement for the original word she was looking for. "It's so weird. To see." She whispered, her eyes darting from place to place. "It's as if I put the last piece in the puzzle... You know. Like I know how things feel, smell, taste, and sound like. But to see... It is a beautiful thing." Kit tried to tough it out and wiped away the tears from her eyes with the back of her hands. "Ah, I own the kingdom now." She whispered.

"There is so much... So much I've got to say. And do." Her life being still in her hands she sat up and looked around, quite surprised. Kit winced slightly at the pain, but it was the second time now and the ointment had numbed it a bit. "We have to give a speech to the people. We have to tell them of the wedding, we should do the offical throning during the wedding too. Mine as well do at all at once." She looked up at Lyle, "So blessed are we." She said quietly, with a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.