Lovely Made

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Shen raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps it's time for a reality check. I have you by the ears, Rocks. This really isn't the time for making unsavory remarks about my friends. I respect Miss Welsh very much, you see. Now if you'll excuse me," he checked his watch. "I believe her time is long overdue. I'll head over to the employee kitchen to find her a drink when she comes out." Shen turned away, waving at her as he walked towards the door where a group of workers were coming out holding sandwiches.

He then proceeded to download the blueprints for the layout of the building on his phone, directly from the city's construction database. Kia was taking way too long in there. It was unreasonable, even for a woman. Download complete. The window of the bathroom was directly visible from the terrace of the meeting room in the floor above. Gosh, this place is huge... He went over to the stairs and into the meeting room.

There were people gathered around a long table in conference. They all looked at him when he entered. "Excuse me, but I need to use your window for a minute. Without waiting for a reply he crossed the room and looked out the window. He saw the long piece of cloth hanging from the window, and nobody inside the bathroom.

Kia, what-?

He bowed out of the room with a quick "Thank you." What is going on?

~~~~~~

"I'll be there in ten. See ya!" Ken hang up the phone and put on his helmet. He sped down the streets to Suntide. He was there in 9 minutes and twelve seconds. He slowed to a stop near the entrance. He spotted Kia almost immediately and removed his helmet. He smoothed his hair out of his face. "Hey there! Three times in one day. Even my job was never this insistent on my presence."

Roxie rolled her eyes and watched him walk away. She liked this kid for what reason she didnt know. Shen thought he knew Roxie and what he think he had on her but she didnt care anyway if he told or not. She had been without family for long time anyhow. That would be just another thing to put on the list. The desk lady saw Shen and handed him the note Kia left. "Can you give this to your party upstairs...Sir, i remember you being here with Miss. Walsh. Its a note she said she had to leave for an important date but she would like to wish the two familys love and happiness through out there lives and she will be checking up on them after the honeymoon" The lady smiled and walked away to do her job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxie smiled "I know its late...im sorry". Kia forgot about her dress and thought she probably looked stranged to Kev seeing that he had a motorcycle and she had dress on. "Excuse my attire i didnt have time to change" Kia got on his bike. She twisted her dress around and tucked in inbetween her legs. Kia playfully hit Kev on the back "so are you going to start this thing or not" She said as she wrapped her arms around him.

Shen took the note and looked at it like the lady just placed a pile of slimy worms on his hand. This doesn't make sense. She didn't even say anything. I find this a little rude... He figured from the time when Kia went into the bathroom, even assuming she :ahem: escaped immediately, that Kia still couldn't have gone very far. But why chase a dead goose? He would have to figure out what made Kia leave, but some other time. They might meet again.

He weighed his options. He could return home and give Akira a call. That was one person who would definitely give him a good evening. He could go to Professor Ivanov's apartment for a drink. He always did every other weekday anyway. Or he could stick around and stir things up a little at the reception. After all, why waste a good suit? Akira certainly wouldn't appreciate anything that covers my body...

He looked around for Roxie. He had the codes in his phone ready.

~~~~~~~~

Ken helped Kia strap on a spare helmet. He certainly liked this new turn of events, but he couldn't help but ask. "So, what happened to the brat you lugged around? Did he throw a tantrum?" He said it in a loud voice because the motor kicked in loudly and they began to ride away.

Roxie was dancing enjoying the music. She didn't want to come to the wedding. She didn't even wanna be in it. She hate coming to these things. You always had to act like everyone was a big happy family. The last thing her family was. It was so bad that her mom even paid for her to come and extra for her to behave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" it's more like he was done with me I guess...I really don't care...but I am hungry" Kia changed the subject. She didn't want to talk about it. Kia really didn't even like Shen....right?

Shen found Roxie on the dance floor and tapped her on the shoulder. "May I have this dance, Rocks?" He stepped in front of her and began to dance casually. A dance with two beautiful women in as many days. What have you done with your life, Shen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ken chuckled. "I know a place we can stop for a sandwich, Kia." He turned a corner and went faster.

Inside he was frowning. So I'm the rebound guy, huh? His fingers tightened on the handle before he sighed and loosened up. Well so be it...

Roxie laughed "wow its my lucky day...I get to dance with the Guy whose going to ruin my life". Roxie looked around "where's the fabulous Kia".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kia held him tighter as he went faster. "I feeling more of a hamburger mood" Kia liked the breeze blowing in her face. She liked it it had a feeling of freedom.

Shen shrugged. "She probably went off on her own. She is quite high strung, if you've noticed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ken grinned under his helmet. "Well then, I know a guy who makes some killer burgers. It'll be in the less visited parts of town though." He turned right at a narrow alley way and drove until they stopped in front of a small malt shop left over from the late twentieth century. "Frank makes fantastic burgers." He explained as he took off his helmet. Through the window, he waved at the fifty-ish man behind the counter, who cocked an eyebrow and waved back.

Roxie did a fancy dance move that positioned her with her with against Shen "no explain...please"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kia took her helmet off. She knew this place from way back when. "Wow fancy" Kia laughed and hopped off the bike. The area was like something out of a movie where the mob roamed free and you could get that godfather mobster feel. Kia looked down at her dress. It was to much it was like she was a walking Glam queen.

Shen made a dismissive gesture. "Does it matter that much to you? Because I was under the impression you found her beneath your interest."
He continued to dance while he let his hands wander towards Roxie's body.

~~~~~~~~~

Frank came out to meet them
"Well, well, well, if it isn't Ken. What have you been up to kid?"

Ken noticed that no one came to eat there anymore. Kind of sad, really. "Hey, Frank, think you can whip us up some of your burgers?"

Ken led Kia inside, opening the door for her. "Where you wanna sit? Bar or booth?"

Roxie laughed "Oooo look at you....i can tell you really like her but i wouldnt blame you she does have a certain quality to her". Roxie didnt hate Kia she just didnt like her to much at times. They had crossed paths once before and it wasnt good. Someones feelings were hurt and someone lost something dear. Roxie noticed Shens hands comign toward her. She grabbed his hands and placed the on her inner thighs "If you wanna touch me go ahead". The bride could see Shen and her sister Roxie dancing. The bride gotm up very causal like and walked to them. "Um excuse me where is your date" The bride looked at Roxie as she asked teh question to Shen. The dride knew Roxie wasnt his date. "Roxie looked good with you..where is she" The bride looked around. Roxie walked off with a smirk on her face. She loved getting her sister all worked up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kia looked around "Bar please". Kia couldnt believe she had come here with Ken like this. One minute shes telling him how rude he is and the next he's saving her from a weird situation. This was a weird situation but a good weird kia guessed. The smell of the place was great. Kia couldnt wait to taste some good old fashioned amercian food. Kia held Kens hand to feel a littlw safer then what she was.

Shen could see that the bride was uncomfortable. By now Shen could only figure that Kia probably left because of something Roxie said or did, seeing as she was the most likely to catalyze a sticky situation. "If you really want to know, miss, I suggest you ask your sister. While you're at it, you might also ask the staff to keep a better watch on the dressing rooms." His fingers wrapped around his phone inside his pocket, then let it go. "But of course, that is the wedding planner's job. Don't let it worry you, miss, and please enjoy your special day." He bowed at the brode and gave the groom an acknowledging nod before walking away. Like hell he was going to look for Roxie again. She was way too much trouble for something a dozen other men probably got from her. He would ruin this day, but only for her. By removing all that she could destroy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

As the burgers sizzled on the grill, Frank served them some iced tea on the house.

"So, how've you been, little lady?" Ken took a sip of iced tea while he looked at Kia over the top of his glass.

Kia sipped her tea through a straw "How did you know i loved iced tea" Kia smiled. "I was doing good until i got switched for another girl". Kia felt like she had been hit in the chest by Shen. She felt embarresed. Even though people didnt know the real reason why she left it felt like they did. Ken was
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roxie could see Shen and she knew he could see her. She waved for him to come over to her. She thought Shen was cute and wanted to have fun with him. The bride sat back down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shen chatted up the lady who was in charge of flower arranging. She was cleaning up, but seemed really open to him. In a few short words, he had a phone number. In the corner of his eye, he spotted Roxie waving at him. Shen winked at her and beckoned for her to follow him to the door. He took a slow walk outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ken looked puzzled for a moment. "That doesn't sound like Mr. Nice-pants at all." He shrugged and grinned. "You think you know a guy... Hey, Frank, think you can give me a refill over here?"

Frank scowled and said jokingly,"This one's on you!" He grabbed the empty cup and went off to fill it up.

Ken laughed a little then turned to Kia. "I'm glad you changed your mind. So, what do you want to do next?"

Kia laughed as she gave Frank her cup. "Your right about that". Kia looked out the window "wherever you wanna take me handsome" Kia looked Ken in the eyes and smiled. She thought Ken would be fun. Kia wanted to vista the wild side again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxie walked to Shen. It felt like he had some pull over her and she liked it. She walked outside and met up with Shen "Don't you think it's time you got out of that suit" Roxie played with Shens tie

Ken feigned thinking hard, his head tilted and his thumb on his chin. "Well, city-girl, how about we take a ride around the country for a day or two? Pack your bags and come away with me when you can."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Shen made sure nobody followed them outside. "Let's get somewhere cozier and we'll find out." He picked up his phone and called a car.

Kia gasped "the country side...I was born and raised in the country". Frank came back with the drinks "thank you Frank" Kia took a sip of her tea. "But don't you have work" Kia wanted to go to country side she hadn't been there in a while. Ken was being a little more like able now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxie smiled and watched Shen as he called the car. She couldn't wait she had never been with an Asian Guy before.

Ken shrugged. "Heh, yeah, but a man can take a break once in a while. I'll have a friend take up my shift at John's. Meanwhile, I'll have my old buddies lend me some transportation. Can't have a road trip on a motorcycle." He finished his burger and wiped his mouth with a napkin. "You in?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A shiny gray sedan that the university supplied to its more valued faculty and staff pulled into the curb. Shen put his hand around Roxie's waist and led her along. "Don't worry, the chauffeur's a friend of mine. He'll take us where we need to be. My place or yours?"

Kia looked around "I dont mind but i dont want Shen to think im mad at him or anything i just didnt know what to do...so i left". Kia wanted to go but she really didnt know Ken all to well to just leave off with him but a trip is what she needed. Kia got up and sat next to Ken "I mean your a guy..tell me what does all this mean".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxie got in the backseat and Whispered something in the chauffers ear and he nodded. Roxie looked at Shen "Well come on get in". Roxie took her hair out of her ponytail and let her hair hang loose.

Ken didn't really want to revisit the whole Shen thing, but apparently that's where it's headed. He shrugged. "What exactly did he do to make you so upset anyway?"

~~~~~~~~~

Shen did not wait to get into things. He placed his hand on Roxie's thigh and the other around the back of her neck, pulling her in for a kiss.

"He was my date for the wedding like i told you earlier but close to the end of the wedding he was being very flirty with an old friend of mine" Kia looked down at her cup "and its not im jumping to conclusions but it must be true if a girl i didnt even know tells me he was seen with her earlier while i was with you" Kia looked at Ken "Explain it because i thought we kind of liked each other you know"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roxie kissed Shen. His lips where soft and his tongue was very warm to her. Roxie broke the kiss and forced Shen to the other side of the car. Roxie climbed on top of him "I want you to watch me". Roxie put her back to Shen "Unzip me please"