• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Love in the Other Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadence listened to Amelia ramble, not minding it at all. She thought it was kind of interesting. "I don't really know." Cadence responded, "I'm still figuring some things out for myself. There are books of OtherLand's history. Maybe, we can read them and figure out some of these questions together. It might be fun." They had left the town now and were heading down the dirt roads for the other city. It should get too long to get to the next one, there was a couple of towns pretty close together.

--------
Claudia smirked in response to Asura's words. It did bring a slight blush to her face, which again was much different then she originally expected when she first got to talk to him. She was about to say something back when suddenly the smoke around her began to form again. Before she knew it, she was changing again, back to the human form of Claudia. Human form Claudia looked up at Asura, still in his arms. "It seems something happened, I'm somehow in your arms now. Don't worry, we can stay like this if you like. I don't mind."

Amelia looks around as they go, curious to see what this OtherLand place looked like outside of the town. Especially if there were significant differences compared to Earth. "Sounds like a plan. I'll leave off the speculation for now, and we can go and do some research later and stuff." She agrees.

"How far away is the castle, anyway?"

Seeing Claudia blush, even if it was small, brought a cheerful grin to appear. It seemed so far he was making a good impression during their first meeting, seeing how she was blushing and even kissed him. Then one again, the smoke started to appear and he stopped until it would finally dissipate and the human Claudia would be back. He gave her a curious look, it was unexpected she had changed back so fast but he chuckled softly and started walking again. "That's fine with me, I like having you in my arms." He replied happily. "Who wouldn't want a prince carrying them?" The prince then teased jokingly.

Cadence nodded in agreement, they would have to do some research if they wanted to find anything out. It was best to leave that for later too, they might need something else to do. "Oh, well there's a town up here then after some time another city will show up and the castle will be in that one. These couple of towns are pretty close together, it's like that on purpose." She could see the town up ahead, they would be in it soon. It was the one Claudia and Asura were in.

---------
Claudia smiled, it seemed everything turned out okay. She wasn't sure what happened exactly while she was her dark form. During her other forms she can remember small bits in between them, however most of what they do become a blur. "I suppose your right, I don't mind it." She admitted to his last comment. In fact, she had never been carried by anyone before, but it was nice especially it being someone she had known for some time now. Thinking about it made her speak again, "I never though we would end up like this Asura. But, it's nice." Claudia never understood feelings that most humans have, even though she can easily get them. She didn't even understand how she felt now.

Amelia continues walking along, looking at the town as they approach it. "Well, you have to know what I'm going to ask next..." Amelia grins a little, looking over at Cadence as she speaks. "Why is it like that?"

Sel sits on a bench in the town,looking through a recently, um, "borrowed" wallet. He admires the craftsmanship of the leather. He is elated as the only reason he has this wallet was becuse he finally perfected a spell, one where he "sacrifices" an item to the dark realm, then re-summons it in a new spot, in this case, his hand. Sadly, during the process, usually a piece of the item is lost, in this case, the money. His happiness is then shot down aw he realizes a different fact, he still has no mate, despite attracting so many with his looks, they are all quickly put off by his Naga side, the teeth and eyes mainly, though the tounge doesn't help. He now sits on the bench staring at the ground.

Asura nodded his head, satisfied with her answer and also happy that she didn't want to be placed down. While he would listen to her wishes, it still felt nicer this way and gave him something to focus on besides walking back to the castle. The last person he had carried were his younger siblings, before they had died. Luckily, Asura hadn't met the same fate because if he had, who knows what would have happened to his father without having any family left for him. "Neither did I, it was always apparent that we were close friends. Though I never imagined I'd get to marry you, I'm happy with how it turned out." Asura always believed when he got married, it would be to some stranger rather than someone he knew.

Cadence let out a laugh. It was interesting how much Amelia wanted to know. They were now inside the town, walking on the roads in between houses and building. Many people were busy about, working or doing whatever else they did. "Well, trade." Cadence replied, "It's for trading purposes. Each of the towns have something important, so they built them close together so it would be easier to travel and trade." They were about to walk past some guy, that a few people were staring at. He seemed to be depressed, staring down a the ground.

-------
"I'm happy too." Claudia replied after a few seconds, looking up at Asura. She never had thought of it before, but now the thought wasn't leaving her mind. She was feeling such strange feelings since all of this happened, and for some reason she felt like it opened up something she was hiding away. She was quiet for some time, thinking about it. "Asura, may I ask you this. What do you think it feels like to be in love?"

"Makes sense that they'd build the towns around natural resources." While looking around, she notices Sel sitting on a bench and looking over an empty wallet. She isn't really put off by the naga traits, but on the other hand she doesn't really have any reason to walk over and introduce herself right now.

Asura glanced down at Claudia, wearing a smile before returning his attention back to the path and nodded at a few people he saw. He guessed not many people knowing what he looked like had its perks, but once his father saw that he finally had a fiancé, there was probbaly going to be an announcement along with a photograph of him and Claudia. "What is it?" The prince asked, turning his attention back to his princess. It could be seen from his face that he was thinking about her question with great thought and care. "I think maybe it feels nice, warm, and comforting. Though there could also be at times where it feels scary, embarrassing, or possible even sad."

"Yup." Cadence replied, giving a smile to Amelia. "That's how most places are build anyway. There's many cities and towns that are built because of resources. But besides the traits of this land and others, why don't we talk about something else. Like, about yourself?" Cadence said, since they were traveling together and at the moment living in the same place now Cadence thought that it was best to get to know each other more. Plus, Cadence wanted to know more about Amelia.

----------
Claudia listened to Asura's answer. "I think you might be right." She replied. She wondered though, if some of that was really how she was feeling. She couldn't place it, but even discussing thoughts about it wasn't helping. All these feelings seemed so strange, she just didn't understand any of it. "But I wonder how you know. I mean, if thoughts feelings are because you're in love."

"Rope? Check... Alright now I need something to... Tie... this...to... Huh." Kathrine was examining a "strange spacial disturbance" she found it in an allyway behind her house. She immediately ran inside and grabbed a rope. It now was tied firmly around her waist, and the other end hung limply in her hand. "Might as well tie it to the back gate. That's been stuck in that place for a while. " The other end now tied to its home, Kathrine stood before the strange portal before her. She ran full speed into it, the portal. This was not exactly the best idea, as she hadn't taken into consideration just what was on the other side. She tripped over a rock sticking out of the ground. Fortunately the rope had ran out, and she was precariously hovering over the ground. She took a moment to laugh, but that may have been a bit too long. The portal closed behind her, severing the rope between the worlds. Now with nothing to counter act gravity she found herself face first in the grass.

"Ow ow ow ow ow... Huh? Eh? I-I-Its... Gone... Uhhhnnn..." As she stood there stunned by the fact that she had no way of returning, she managed to miss snake like being beside her.

-----------------------------
Under the shade of a tree on the outskirts of town, a young boy observed the birds flying about. He listened to their song for a while until he could take it no longer. "Please my friends allow me to join in." He pulled out a small instrument it seemed. It was a group of tubes bundled together by some roped. He raised it to his lips as the birds sang. He started playing. It was a very gentle sound that seemed to become a part of the wind itself. Lest's current world had shrunk significantly. He know was only on a planet of that tree himself, and the birds.

Sel looks up to see two people passing bye, and notices one of them glanced his direction. He stands up and decides to introduce himself in the only way he can get people to start talking to him. "Excuse me, but would you be interested in seeing a magc trick?"

"...Oh?" Amelia pauses, looking over at Cadence. "Well, of course. Anything in specific you want to know? Ask away."

While her attention mostly remains fixed on Cadence, she does turn when Sel talks to the two. "Sure, why not?"

Cadence continued to walk forwards, focusing more on Amelia then where she was walking really. Though, that didn't seem to cause any problems. She just thought it was the right thing to do, if you're talking to someone pay attention to them. She was about to start asking Amelia some questions about herself when she heard the voice of a man in front of them. She quickly turned to face him, making sure she didn't end up running into him. She listened, it seemed he was asking about a magic trick to which Amelia had relied. "Yeah, a magic trick might be nice to see." Cadence said.

"Then let the spectacle begin!" Sel holds up a small trinket, a necklace with green, red, black and blue gems. "Ladies, would you kindly each pick your favorite color?" Sel has a grin on his face, unbeknownst to him, his two incisors are sticking out slightly giving him an almost vampiric look. Fortunately it is not very noticeable.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Perhaps." Asura replied, though he wasn't sure if he was correct or not. There were still a lot of topics and subjects he didn't know much about, love being at the top of his list. "I haven't the faintest idea, maybe your brain recognizes the signs sooner or later." It wasn't the greatest of theories but it sounded like it could be possible. "Or maybe your heart makes it known when it feels you're ready to know."

Amelia glances from Cadence back to Sel. She either doesn't notice the incisors, or doesn't have any particular reaction to them. It's hard to tell. Though, given the kinds of creatures she'd seen since coming here, such a thing would be downright mundane.

"Well, hmm... Let's go with black." She did look good in black, after all.

Cadence did noticed the incisors, however she had been getting used to the strange occurrences at this place and the strange people. It was just how they were here. She smiled, "Alright, how about red for me." She said, since he asked for both of their favorite colors. She took a look at Amelia then back to Sel. She was quite curious as to what he was planning on doing, that was one thing about this place, you never know.

---------
Claudia smiled, "Perhaps." She said. "May a tell you something Asura?" She looked up at him. There was a moment where Claudia wasn't sure if she wanted to tell him, but it seemed like it would be the best choice to do after all, they were going to be married together soon.

Asura nodded, agreeing with her 'perhaps'. Then he gave her a curious look but smile. "Of course you can, Claudia." He told her, continuing along at a steady pace as the castle finally seemed to be getting closer. Once his father and maids found out, it was going to be an interesting time at home; especially with his new fiancé around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back