Love Hurts

Kamryn sighed and shook her head.

"We're going to a party, for drinking and fun having. Not to hook up for a threesome," she said, exasperated with the conversation. "If you want to hook up with a horny person, be my guest. I'm not gonna be involved."

That said, she stood and left the cafeteria.

I was surprised at what she said and i got up and tried following her. I saw her walking down the hall and i chased after her. I grabbed her shoulder," Okay im sorry we'll go together for fun okay?"

Kamryn pulled away, her hair falling into her face as she looked down and away from him.

"That's fine," she said, slightly muffled like she was having trouble speaking. She didn't want him to see the tears, didn't want to have to answer the questions. "I need to get to my room to get my stuff for class. I'll see you later."

Hurriedly, she walked off. She didn't realize her bag was still at the table.

He walked back into the cafeteria trying to figure out what just happened and he saw her bag. He got it and rushed to her next class. Basically all he knew was follow the direction she turned.

Kamryn was standing in front of her room when she realized her bag was not on her person. Frustrated she banged her head on the door and wiped the tears from her face. Luckily she didn't have time to apply much makeup, nothing would be smeared too bad. But she still felt horrible. She couldn't go back and face him! Not after the way she left. He would know something was wrong now...

He found her and walked up to her as she banged her head on the wall. "Uhm . . .this is yours . . . " I said nervously. "Also i knew something was up now tell me"

She laughed and took the bag.

"Thanks. But, um... I need to get ready for class so..." she said, trying to go into the room.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her back,"Tell me . . .now"

She pulled away again and glared at him.

"I... You should hurry to your class too. It starts soon right?"

She didn't want to face him, not like this. She couldn't stomach the idea of rejection right now.

Kamryn, also getting angry, fixed a glare on him.

"I can't. You wanna know why? Because I know you too well. You would only try to fix it and I don't want you to fix it! I want it to stay this way. I want to be able to love you, but if I can't then I'll take what's already here," she snapped.

"And yes, I did say it.

"I. Love. You."

That said, she walked into her dorm and shut the door in his face, turning the lock before he could get in. Then she leaned against the door and slid to the floor with tears running down her face as she prayed that he would leave her alone.

I stood there shocked and in disbelief. "Hey . . .hey i know you love me . . . . like a family member right?" i asked my voice nervously cracking.

Kamryn rolled her eyes. Of course that's how he would take it.

"Sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night," she mumbled under her breath.

"No! I love you not like a brother, but like a man and a woman love each other!" she snapped back, her own voice cracking at the second half. "Romantically, you dolt!"

"What how!?" he yelled back at her still not believing what was happening.

She stopped talking, unable to anymore, choking up on her tears as they racked through her body. She hoped he would just leave her alone, let her sit there and get over this. She couldn't handle this right now. It was too much all at once.

Slowly she stood and walked over to her bed that they had just had sex on that morning. The reminder only made her cry harder as she collapsed onto the bed and curled up.

Love hurt.

I heard her crying and i knocked on the door harder. "Let me in!"

Kamryn could only ignore him. She didn't want to, but to hear him say it wasn't the same love hurt more than she could admit even to herself. She didn't even want to go to her last class of the day. And it was a class she loved.

Hearing him pound on the door again, she yelled, "Go away! Just leave me be!"

I walked away after hearing what she said. I began to think.

Eventually she had cried so much she physically could cry no more. Slowly she sat up and went to the bathroom to wash her face. She wet a rag with cold water and laid back down, putting the rag over her eyes to calm the swelling down so it was less obvious that she had been crying as much as she had. She still wanted to pretend things were normal, to go to the party like there was nothing wrong. She just hoped Rickey said nothing about it.

I was sitting at home wanting and waiting for a phone call from her. I shook my head re-living the events of what just happened.