Love Hurts

She pushed up on her toes to whisper hot into his ear.

"Yes..." she whispered before pulling away and turning to lean against him. She shook her waist a little before leading him away. They would go to her private dorm room, just as usual. Which was just the way she wanted it.

At least, that's what she kept telling herself.

"Okay," he smiled letting her lead him up the stairs. He blushed as they went into the room. He closed it behind him and he layed on the bed watching her. He wanted to say something but he stood silent just watching her intently.

She slowly stripped, teasing him, and then straddled him. This was what she wanted.

And then she began to undress him...

~

When they had finished, she got up and began to gather her things for a shower like usual.

He blushed afterwards trying to get the nerve to tell her. He had begun to gain feelings for her after what she had said to him. But he didn't want her to act the way she did before. So he got up and walked behind her and hugged her from behind putting his head on her shoulder. "I need to tell you something . . ."

Those words were the last straw.

"I don't wanna hear it," she said, her voice hollow as she pulled away and headed for the bathroom.

He grabbed her hand as she pulled away, "Come on don't be like that we need to talk," He said a bit hurt at the moment. He insisted on talking to her if she was willing to hear or not.

She turned to glare at him.

"You've made yourself perfectly clear. Please, just leave me alone."

He sighed. He then leaned in and kissed her holding her close. This wasn't their regular kisses this time it meant something to him. He held her close blushing as he did so. He pulled back and put his forehead on hers. "Please, can we talk?"

Unprepared for the kiss, Kamryn was flushed when he pulled away.

"Uh... Can... Can it wait until we are both dressed at least?" she said softly. She was afraid, but... She also knew it would be pointless to try and run away at this point. She did start this, after all.

"Yeah," he agreed turning to get his clothes begining to get dressed. He was trying to figure how she might respond to his statement he was about to say. But he would have to wait until she was comfortable enough to listen. Otherwise there would be no point in even trying. Because if that happened she wouldn't listen to him at all.

Grateful, she hurried into the bathroom and, as an afterthought, locked the door behind her before going to the shower.

When she was done, she wrapped the towel around her and sat on the toilet, thinking. What could he possibly have to say? And after she tried so hard to make things normal again...

She tried to keep from crying, but as she closed her eyes to push back the tears, a few fell. And that just started the small crying spell. Almost as soon as it began it was over, and she felt a little better from it. Taking a deep breath, she pulled on her clothes - nothing special, just a pair of baggy jeans and an old T-shirt. Another deep breath, and she emerged from the bathroom.

He was fully dressed already and he had been waiting for her to finish. He heard the shower stop, but she stood in there for quite awhile. He was just glad when she came out. He patted the spot next to him wanting her to sit with him. He wanted to tell her how he feels about her now. He hasn't ever felt like this before with her or anyone else. It was something special. It was great. He was so excited and scared at the same time. He didn't want her to freak out like she did a few hours ago.

She shook her head at the invitation to sit. She wanted to be able to bolt quickly should the need arise. If he said what she thought he was going to say, she was going to want to bolt to get the hell away. She didn't want to have this conversation with him. He rejected her once, why did he need to put her through a second rejection?

Fighting the urge to cry, she said, "Go on, say your piece."

"Uhm, honestly . . . i think i might . . .l-love you," He said blushing furiously not looking at her directly. He waited her to respond. He wanted her to accept it and maybe they could be together. But then again maybe she didn't want to hear that and she'll just freak out like last time. He sat there nervous and mostly a wreck waiting for the answer. Just waiting, yearning for the answer.

Kamryn started laughing, and not a laugh of humor but a strange sort of laugh.

"Oh, now you love me?" she scoffed. "I don't need pity love. I want real love. And don't try to convince me its not out of pity. Why would you all of a sudden love me? It doesn't make sense! All that has changed is we went to the party and... and... romped like we usually do. We did nothing different from normal! The only thing we have done that is different is I told you my feelings.

"I suppose you thought I'd just accept this, right? Well I'm not. I don't believe you."

He was ruined, he was completely crushed. Instead of his normal reaction of anger it was heartbreak. "I-i do love you though . . . . i've been thinking about it and i have for a long time . . . i just never accepted it myself," He pleaded. "You believe what ever you want . .. i told you the truth and if you still dont believe there is nothing i can do," He said getting up and walking towards the door. He unlocked it and walked out quickly trying to get out of the house as fast as possible. Tears streamed down his eyes, but he kept wiping them away. He should have known, he was the idiot before. But now . . . he wasn't sure.

She stared after him, and then shouted a choice word before running out after him. She caught up to him and started walking at his pace.

"Hey, you can't just leave! Who said we were done?" she asked, trying to seem funny. It wasn't working. "Look, I can't believe you... because you rejected me once. Who's to say you won't do it again?

"But... how about we give each other a chance to prove it?"

He stopped walking and he turned towards her. He wiped away some more tears actually feeling better now. He had s slight smile on his face still feeling hurt. "Y-yeah . . .okay," He said looking at her. He was happy now but he wasn't going to get over what she said a few minutes back for maybe a couple of more hours. Things she said meant so much to him, he didn't know why but he didn't care they just did.

She smiled a little.

"Good. We'll... we'll go about this like... we're new to each other," she said. "All right? We'll start fresh."

He agreed with her by only nodding his head once. He put his hand out for a handshake smiling.