Love Hurts

"So . . . whats your name again?" He asked jokingly laughing a bit.

She laughed and decided to play along.

"Kamryn. And yours?" she teased right back.

"Hmm . . .i've seem to forgotten . . . what was it again?" He smiled laughing.

She laughed and gave him a light arm punch.

"Good one. Come on, let's go get something to eat. I'm starving!" she said, falling back into friend mode. "It's no use. You're still my best friend. I can't just pretend that there's nothing else there. I just want to add do what we already had.

"Does that make sense?"

"It makes perfect sense to me," He laughed putting an arm around her shoulder and taking her to his car. "So where to?" He asked chuckling to himself.

"God, anywhere! But some place with..." She looked at her watch. It was still rather early. "Pancakes. I am in the mood for pancakes and lots of syrup."

"Ihop?" He laughed. He let her sit in his car then he went to the drivers side and sat down, buckled, and started the car. "Know where one is close by?" He asked once again. He seemed to be asking a lot from her.

"Hmm..."

She thought it over.

"I think there's one on the corner of Main and Jefferson. Or close to there at least."

He agreed and began to drive towards there. "So what kind of music you like again?" He asked playfully.

Kamryn rose an eyebrow, but laughed.

"I like hard metal, but you know that like the back of your hand!" she teased. It was something that few people knew, because who would believe a girl liking such violent music? "But I think soft rock sounds pretty good right now. I don't think starting the day with some metal would be good."

"Touche," he smiled. "Soft rock it is." He turned the radio to a station and raised the volume. Hoping she would like the song that is currently playing instead of dislike it.

When the realization of what song was playing, Kamryn started to sing along. She didn't have a very good singing voice, but she could at least carrying a tune and wouldn't get thrown off a stage. But she also couldn't sing solos. Except with someone she was extremely comfortable with, she tried not to sing at all.

He listened to her sing which to him sounded great. Before he had hated it, but now it was different somehow. He smiled and continued driving.

She looked at him out of the corner of her eye. He was smiling? Usually he teased her about her singing.

Stopping, she turned and frowned at him.

He looked at her curiously still watching the road. "What? Dont stop keep going!" He said happily. They stopped at a red light then he looked over at her waiting for a response.

"Where's the teasing?" she said, practically pouting. She thought they were going back to being friends testing new waters. She didn't think they were going to stop with the friendly banter.

He realized she wanted to be just normal friends again. He snapped himself back, "Okay i'm sorry but you get fooled so easy . . . you sing horribly!"

"Not horribly..." she said, smiling. Then she started to sing again as the next song began. She didn't get very far into the song before they arrived at the restaurant.

He got out and then opened the door for her, "Well here we are," He stated announcingly. He couldn't hold back the laughter the way he said it so he burst out laughing.