Love Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
She gave a tap to her nose and gave a soft pat to Brendan's back, "Oh the sharks are too afraid to bite. They may be sharks but I'm a great white, they won't do anything. I don't need anything from the store, but if you want to step out back for some air you can. Enjoy the porch swing if you like." she gave him a reassuring smile and sent him along his way.

After what happened in the art room Nancy made her way up the stairs and to her old room. Her grandmother kept it the same, the same green flower print wall paper, pictures of her mother and father by the bed. Though anything from her childhood, toys, posters, drawings, she had placed away in the closet. Sitting on the bed she pulled her knees to her chest and rest her chin on top of them with a frown as she looked out the window. She had the full view of the backyard and the porch, her eyes watching the swing creak against the soft breezes. "Maybe I was too mean..." she muttered to herself as she thought through what was said moments before. Even though it had been a few years she never got over him and never made peace with what happened. Her heart still ached for him and missed ever fiber of him but maybe it was time for her to try and get over it

His hand on her shoulder gives a good squeeze, his eyes showing that he is not the monster portrayed in the tabloids. "Conrad's at it again" the papers would shout at him, publicizing his relationships if he wanted them to or not. "I appreciate the offer but as this small fish waiting to be eaten, sometimes you need to stop and take a moment to catch your breath." Bending down, he pecks her on the cheek before moving to the porch. Easily pulling the glass and screen door aside, he steps out onto the wooden and primed back porch. The few who know him try and stop him but he shrugs them off, wishing really to be alone right now. "Not right now," and "no thank you." would be things he says with small smiles and encouraging nods to get back to the party.

Knowing she was right, he should have grown a pair and stopped losing her. The scenarios have played over and over in his mind. While his money piled up, he found more and more times of staying up late at night just looking at a phone. He would even put her number and almost press dial but something inside of him stopped him or he fell asleep from the strain. "Oh this backyard." Comes his small voice, leaning up against one of the pillars wrapped with sweet vines. Smirking he just tucks his arms under one another and stares, finding himself glaring. Chewing his lip he replaces his arms in his pockets and steps down the few wooden steps to the ground. Walking around the garden clockwise, he stops to smell the scent of fall, leaves bombarding his body with the aid of the wind. "I remember this backyard."

It's the place they shared their first kiss after their first formal date together. Remembering taking her to a movie and then dinner afterwards at the local diner. He remembers the way her hand was slow to touch his during the movie and his happy receiving hers. The kiss of that night was only a light kiss on the mouth, one of the sweetest he has ever felt.

His phone soon rings and he goes to pick it up, "Hello?" comes his greeting, nodding every so often as he starts to pace back and forth as him and the other line converse.

He caught her eye as he stepped outside, a small smile found her lips as she thought back to their first date. The kiss they shared was her favorite part, she loved how his lips felt against hers. Finding herself touching her lips with the tips of her fingers she laughs softly remembering how her lips tingled afterwards. "He was always the best kisser." she giggled with the shake of her head, the smile grew as she thought over the other dates to come, the dinners and times spend at each others homes, the holidays. Those were her favorite, it always felt like her family was together when he would come over around christmas.

Turning her attention back outside she saw him on the phone, something she was too familiar with seeing. Near the end he seemed to be on the phone more than talking to her, it still seems as though he never took a break from work, always having something to do or someone to call. "Oh Brendan..." she whispered as her eyes followed him pace in the garden, "Don't you ever relax?" resting her head against the window's frame she watched letting her mind drift back to when things seemed perfect between them, she still wonders how things would be if that night never happened.

Turning back and forth made Brendan all but more angry and soon enough he had hung up on the person who called him. Instead of tucking the phone away in his pocket he grips it tightly in his fingers. Thinking about throwing it to the fence or burying it the ground underneath his foot. His arm even comes up as if to throw it to the sky when it rings again. "No." He growls at it, quickly declining the call before forcefully shoving it back into his pocket. Why did he ever let himself get so entangled in his job? A proper boyfriend would have wanted love rather than money and the rot grows on his heart. Why is it now, years later, that he thinks of this? Oh if only this sense had come to him the morning after they talked in that small kitchen.

As the years progressed, he thought of work as a way out of sitting in the armchair by the fire and pondering calling Nancy. His phone rings a third time and he decides to answer it, making his way around the edge of the garden. "I don't want your offer, I'm declining." The words gave him strength for he rarely said no to any of his clients when given the option. The man on the other line starts to get angry but he calmly tries to explain to him why, "I'm overworking myself, Jer. Wouldn't you rather go to someone who you know is going to take his or her time with the artwork? I'm working over twenty different projects and I am terribly sorry to decline but... next project please give me a call and I'll be sure to fit you in. Thank you for understanding. Let's have drinks sometime. No, no, we broke up. Yeah, a month ago. No, nothing. Yep, thanks, goodbye now." Pocketing his phone, Brendan thinks it's time for him to re-enter the party and see what sharks will speak to him.

Coming back in through the end living room, he stays on the matt. Calling to one of the friendly guests, he asks for a rag to wipe off the excess dirt on his shoes. "I don't want to track it in the house." He explains with his hands, smiling and taking the rag from some aunt or cousin. "I appreciate it very much. Yes." He nods at something she said and starts to wipe, balancing one hand on the wall. "And how are you doing?" The innocent chit chat comes.

She watched him for a moment and saw him about to throw his phone, she wondered if something was wrong with work. She never liked seeing him upset even when she was angry at him. Biting her bottom lip she quickly slipped off of her bed and made her way down stairs, making her way back back through the kitchen she said her hellos to those she already saw, no one had much to say to her anymore, she already heard what they had to say to her about her job and her grandmother. Seeing that a cousin was talking to him she gently taps the woman's shoulder, "I'll help from here." she said softly giving a nod to her as she walked away.

Taking the rag from him and folding it so the dirt wouldn't get on anything else, "Are you okay? I saw you outside and you seemed upset." she realized how strange this must seem to him, about ten minutes ago she was being rude to him and now she was concerned. "Is everything okay?" she asked and nibbled on her lip once more, she really did want to make sure that everything would be alright, she couldn't hold a grudge, at least not with him. It seemed like she could until he entered the house, "Anything I can do?"

Chuckling at something Nancy's cousin just said, his eyes glance up and he meets her eyes. The smile somewhat fades, not sure if she came here to make an argument with him. "Hello again Nancy," comes his smooth voice, standing up straight. The smells of the small house wafts over him, the smell of dinner cooking as well as the alcohol bellied guests. The comfort of this home can cover Brendan at any season but especially in the colder seasons. Always having a pot of tea on the burner, the usual sound of the high pitched whistle ringing through the house. Blinking, Brendan forces himself to come back to reality, inhaling deeply. The absent state of his is left behind and replaced with a smile.

"It smells lovely in here." The man admits, his hands coming to rest on the cloth, "I didn't want to track mud into your house. It's alright, I can take shake it outside off of the porch." Trying to take the cloth from her lightly, he is sure to upkeep the folded pattern as to not have all the dirt or mud fall to the floor. His fingers overlap hers, not meaning to but it just happens. "I insist. It's my mess and I should have to clean it up... making sure everything is alright."

"Oh, as for the phone call." Brendan shrugs a bit, the once choleric face of his, seen when he was outside, gone. The hot red cheeks of his temper are now a soft pink. "It's alright - just a client. I have twenty.. no that's a lie," He grins, showing some of his teeth as he does so, "Well, more like ten or fifty" Shaking his head, a hand comes to brush through his hair. "Did I just say fifty? I meant fifteen." The grin comes back to his lips nervously. "I appreciate your offer, thank you. Do you have any tea? That might calm me down internally as well as cooling me off externally."

The smell of tea always made Brendan's shoulders slump in complete relaxation, his face relaxing and his eyes drooping. Just because of that fact, his eyes even end up lighting up as well. They used to have tea all the time during the cold winter season and variously through the spring and fall.

Hesitantly she let him take the rag with a nod, "If you say so..." a small smile found her lips always admiring how kind he was, she couldn't think of a time when he didn't help someone or offer a hand. "Yeah I'll go make you tea. I still remember." she answered already filling a green kettle with water and setting it on the stove. Her smile fading away as he mentioned his number of clients, she made sure to face away once she frowned, her grip on the kettle's handle tightening then letting go. For some reason it bothered her, she wasn't sure why. Taking a breath she turned back around and followed him out to the porch for when he cleaned off the rag.

The smile returning back to her lips as her feet touched the cool wood of the porch, making sure to leave an ear open to the whistle of the kettle's steam. "Sounds like you're awfully busy then... So many people wanting to see your work. Must be nice." she said with a shrug, moving over to sit down on the porch swing, her toes barely grazing the wood as it would swing back and forth. She watches him for a moment before looking down at her lap, "So how is life in the city?" she didn't know if he was living there or not, she had only heard rumors and read magazines about him, she could only hope he was happy.

"I ensure you that I am quite certain." As she turns away, he finds himself admiring her walk before blinking. "Thank you very much, Nancy. I'm surprised you still remember such a detail." Grinning, he can't help himself but recite the way she likes her coffee, proving that he too remembers her preferred drink. He, on the other hand, never drank coffee and used to get teased for it all the time.

This was not the time nor the place for such business as him staring at her. Not even bothering to glance around to see who saw him dreamily looking at her, he shifts his gaze to the wallpaper of the kitchen. Moving outside once more, he is sure to close the screen door behind him, a barrier for the guests and the whipping around of the autumn leaves. Moving to the railing he leans down and wipes the dirt from the rag, even shaking it while holding onto the two corners. From the corner of his vision, he notices the screen sliding open again and a pair of un-shoed feet padding their way across the squeaky floorboards.

"I work through the company." He tells her truthfully, "It's not so much -my- work but my clients know that I will do all in my power to have them receive the best interpretation of their design. They want a monkey on a ferris wheel, I will do my utmost best to create exactly what they desire.. down to the fine details even if I have the time." Laying the rag on the rail, he fingers the wooden block, looking out onto the garden. Hearing the hum of the swing, he turns and look at her. How they used to sit on the wooden bench and chit chat for hours, drinking or smoking whatever they desired. He can't help but feel his heart crush in his chest. "The city?" He quickly recovers, blinking and seeming to regain consciousness.

"Oh, well, it's what you'd expect any big city to offer. Gives me a chance at the crowed I serve... and yeah, I mean serve. I may be a guest at places but really, they want to draw me away from the company I am a part of now. Thinking that they can bribe me with gifts and better deals." Looking down, he itches his head, thinking of how her life has turned out and feeling the weight in his stomach once again. "Perhaps I can take you to an exhibition sometime?" He offers, finally looking back up to her eyes in a hopeful manner.

Her eyes seemed to light up at the offer "Really? You'd take me to one?" she could hear her grandma's laugh from inside the house the brightness in her eyes disappeared, "Oh, well... I can't. I have... business to attend to here. I can't leave and go to the city any time soon." she mumbled glancing back at the house and then out to the garden. "Thank you though, I'm sure it would have been lovely." The rocking of the swing stopped, her ankles crossing over one another, a finger tucking strands of hair behind her ear. She was starting to think that she could just pull her hair up, with a sigh she thought back to plans they had, had in the past, going into the city and seeing the best works of art, but those joys were behind her now.

As another soft breeze came by it blew the strands back into her face, giving a soft groan of frustration she tucked the strands back in time to notice some people waving goodbye to her through the screen door, she gave a slight wave happy that people were finally leaving. "So.. How long are you staying in town? Just the night or a few days? I'm sure Anma could give you the guest room for the time being." she offered wanting him to stay, even if he decides to stay at a hotel or for just the night she would be happy for that period of time. "It won't be any trouble at all."

Brendan nods, finally building up his inner courage to reach the pillar before the bench. Eyeing the seat next to her, he swallows, not knowing if he should sit so close to her. It could end up in a catastrophe or a delightful little chat. He just has to make sure to keep the past out of the equation unless it is kind words on Nancy or her grandmother. Nothing about himself, he is personally tired of hearing about himself. The more he goes on and on, with various guests or even Nancy, he starts to notice the money taking an effect on him. All he seemed to talk about with her folks had been business and hardly anything he does for leisure or just fun and a change of pace.

"Oh come on, Nancy." Comes the grinning expression back on Brendan's face, trying to change her mind, "I'm sure your grandmother can survive one night alone without you here. If you'd like, I can have my friend look after her, you remember Tyler, don't you? I hear he is back in town visiting his parents. Grandma Leo had been quite taken by him. Very quiet but insanely smart!" His hands come to his face, "He had the rounded face, big square glasses with horrible vision without 'em. Yeah?"

As the breeze comes, he figures she must be chilled to the bone with only the thin looking attire she has on. "Would you like my jacket?" He offers, hearing the goodbyes start from the screen door to where they are and Brendan turns, offering a wave. "Safe travels!" He calls to them before looking back to Nancy, already slipping an arm out. Holding it by the shoulders, he offers her the jacket. "If not, we can always head back inside." Having the wind come and go in a rush, he suppresses a chuckle, "I'm afraid I don't have a hair tie to give you but the least I can do is this jacket. As for staying here, I'm in town for the weekend. I was going to stay at Tyler's house but if I remember correctly, his father isn't too keen on me." The contemplative look comes back to his eyes and he raises a brow, "I wouldn't want to be any troub--" She is quick to answer his comment and all he can do is beam, "Are you sure?"

"I don't know..." she mumbled out as she looked back into the house. "Yes I remember, Tyler, but..." she couldn't think of an excuse not to go, work? No, she didn't have one anymore. "Um... I'll be busy with taking care of the house. It needs all the new wallpaper and carpet, blah, blah, blah..." she waves her hand in the air, left and right with every blah she spoke. "It takes up a lot of time." As another rough breeze came by her arms crossed over her chest, hands rubbing against her forearms as a shiver ran over her body, causing goosebumps. Upon his offer she stared at the jacket for a moment and then back inside, she didn't want to go back inside until everyone left.

Reaching for the jacket she carefully took it from his hands and slipped on arm in at a time. A giggle erupted from her lips at the size of the apparel, it seemed gigantic on her small form, "Its huge!" she laughs out, her fingers barely making it out of the sleeves, smiling up at him she gave a curt nod "Of course. I can grab some fresh sheets and make the bed for you later." as she leans back into the swing the scent of his cologne and after shave flowed into her nostrils, the scent was intoxicating, he always smelled divine, making her way to nestle her face into his chest and just lay there on top of him. "Mmm..." red rushed into her cheeks as she realized she made that sound out loud, "Um..." she didn't know what to say to save her from the embarrassment, she took the risk and was honest. "I uh... Love the smell of your cologne."

Leaning his head to the side, Brendan gobbles up her excuses as she fabricates them. Knowing the short pauses means that she is most definitely finding her way out. Nodding and understanding. "Yeah, I remember helping my father with repairs to their house when I was younger. But the good thing is that you repair it, it looks bright and new for a long while and then you don't need to spend all the money doing small fixes. The last thing you want to do is cut corners. It'll only come to bite you in the ass later." Looking at her putting on the jacket, he can't help but feel something is bound to happen soon if he says something wrong. Soon she will be storming out of the area again and a tingling sensation goes through his legs. Itching his jawline, he rubs his hand against the bristles of hair that are left, neatly aligned to where he wanted them to be.

"If it's not too much trouble for you, Nancy. After throwing this party, I'm sure you want to spend all your time with your feet up instead of running around. Have you and Grandma Leo been having this event planned for a while? I'm surprised that she asked me to join you and the rest of the family. But, congratulations on her retirement." He blinks, just now realizing he had never formally congratulated her, his mouth stays open for a moment and he places his fingers over his shocked expression. "I never told her..." Comes his voice, chuckling just a little bit as she seems enveloped in the smell of his jacket.

From the tightness of his buttoned shirt, she might be able to tell that Brendan has been working out more. He used to be a twig when she first started dating him, literally seeing the bones and nothing more. Smiling at her, he leans his butt against the rail, folding his arms across his chest in a light and relaxing manner. "You're quite adorable when you blush you know. I think it'll always make me smile to see your cheeks redden to such a hue." Smirking he can't help but let out a small breath, "I'm glad you like it though." Well, now he knows what to wear when he is around her!

She froze at his compliment, her mouth agape, words caught in her throat. Her sleeve covered hands cupped over her cheeks as the red spread across her face, finally she spoke, words muffled through the jacket's fabric. "Um... Thanks." At that moment she heard the kettle whistle, she jumped up from the swing "Tea!" she shouted hurrying back into the house, her bare feet softly patting against the wood and the kitchen floor. Turning off the stove with a quick click she opens the oak cabinet and pulled out a large mug. She was a bit flustered now, no one had given her a compliment like that in a long time, it was nice to hear it but she wasn't used to it and didn't know how to react anymore.

After bragging a tea bag she plopped it into the mug and poured the steaming hot water on top letting the tea brew. Letting out a soft sigh she couldn't remember the last time she made tea for him, or let alone made tea. She was never much of a tea drinker but would never mind making it for others. As she stood there waiting for the tea to brew she pulled the jacket around her, a smile curling on her lips as she enjoyed being in his clothing. When they were together she would wear his jackets all the time, even steal his t-shirts, she loved how they smelled like him and how big they were on her.

Feeling her pause, Brendan can't help but smile in his own little way. Quickly turning as to not stare at her blushing, that event alone making the red come to his face as well. "You're quite welcome, the least I can do is compliment you when you and Grandma Leo will be allowing me to stay with you. I asked her if she needed anything from the store and she declined. If you need anything - don't hesitate to tell me and I will run swiftly to achieve what you want." Her quick jump and dash to the door only made him smile more. Remembering the times they used to run together on the college track no matter the season. Never really being one for sports, he always found comfort in a nice jog, nothing too complex.

"Then again, you are always beautiful." The suited man whispers to himself once she removes herself from the scene. "Oh I should have said no to staying here." The hand comes to his forehead, "It's a risk I'm willing to take." Moving to the swing, he sits down where she sat before sliding over, wishing she were still right there. Her scent had stuck in the air for a while after she removed herself from the porch. Another gust of wind flies through and Brendan shivers, crossing his arms over his white clothed shirt and waiting for his tea. Thinking about going in and helping Nancy, he is slow to get up and walk across the porch. Entering the living room again, he immediately goes to the kitchen. "Nancy?" He calls, not meaning to startle her, "Do you need any help? It's starting to get dark and I thought to have my tea inside. Is that alright?"

Blinks as he brought her thoughts back to the present and turns to face him "Sure. You have perfect timing, your tea is ready." she said walking over to the table and sat down across from where she set the cup. Fingers fidgeted together as they rested on the table's surface, she couldn't help but notice that this was the same as the last time she saw him. Biting her lips together she just stared at the mug trying to get her mind off of that night, "You won't have to. I do all of the shopping for Anma. You know she won't let you lift a finger while you're here. Guests don't do housework or chores." she said with a shake of her head just like her grandma.

Glancing out into the living room it seemed as though everyone had left, her grandmother probably up in her bedroom by now, "What did Anma call you down here for anyway? I can't imagine what she'd need an artist for..." she asked leaning her cheek into the palm of her hand taking in the scent of the tea, she missed it. "Who knows? She is always full of surprised, acting like she's still sixty when she's eighty."

Having the same exact thoughts as Nancy, Brendan can't help but frown at the table and his tea cup. Quickly blinking, he only lets the frown show for a moment before the smile is slapped on. "Why thank you, Nancy. But I have to be of some use while I am staying... it feels wrong to just sit around and vegitate all weekend." That utters a chuckle from his throat, his fingers carefully running across the back of his own chair as if he is contemplating sitting down or not. With a nod, he forwards himself to move, pulling back the chair and pushing himself in as well. "Well, perhaps I can go shopping with you if you're up for having me stick around."

Chewing his lip, he slips his fingers into the handle of the cup. Feeling the warmth just on the other side of the clay wall, Brendan smiles. "You know that you are more like your grandma when you shake your head like that. She is always trying to make me put my feet up but I don't really think I can anymore." Chuckling, he glances to the other room as well, "Your grandmother didn't really tell me -what- exactly she wanted. What I do know is that it's something very special." Shrugging, Brendan gazes back to Nancy, the itching feelings of their last meeting at a kitchen table creeping its way back into his mind. "Your grandmother and I have yet to speak about it... I'm sure by the end of the weekend I shall know what is going on."

Taking a sip of his tea, a warming smile comes to his lips as he keeps the hot liquid close to his nose. With a long smell, he wraps his hands around the cup. "This tea is magnificent." His fingers run over the lip of his tea cup, noticing that she still has his jacket on. "Thank you for the tea, just some honey and milk just like I adore it."

Gave another shake of her head and then stopped with a soft laugh, she really was picking up the quirks of her grandmother. "You won't have to do anything. Unless Anma asks you to reach something for her." her eyes met his as she perks up in her seat "You are staying for the weekend." she cleared her throat and quickly leaned back into the seat realizing how that must have seemed. "That's nice to hear..." her tone was nonchalant and she didn't want to seem desperate to have him around or overly eager to spend time with him. He was quickly growing back on her, her heart warming up at just the sight of him, the smell of him, his jacket on her.

After a moment she glances down at the table hoping he didn't see how foolish she just acted, "Anyway... I'm sure she'll work with you on it in the morning... Are you going to visit your parents while you're in town? I'm sure they miss you and would like to see you too. All work and no play makes Brendan a dull boy." she joked with a soft smile, her hand dropping back down to play with her other hand, when they finally rest into one another she could help but wish it was his instead of her's, that crestfallen feeling finding its back back into her body.

"I won't, huh?" Comes Brendan's chuckle again, showing a few of his front teeth as he grins. Seeing the way she perked up when their eyes met had indeed set a fuzzy feeling over his hands and shoulders. Or is that the feeling from the warm tea? Not looking away, he gives Nancy most of the credit in his mind. "Would you have to climb up on the counters to obtain those very same articles?" Enjoying his time with Nancy, joking playfully, his shoulders relax. "Well, if that's alright with you. I can spend a night here and then crash at my parents' house. I attempt to call them every so often and check in, seeing how they are but it seems we like to play phone tag. Always leaving messages for one another. It'll be nice to see them again."

Upon her joke, Brendan rests the tea cup down on the table, his arms still glued to it. This time, instead of an innocent little chuckle, his face cracks completely and he starts to laugh like he used to - his whole heart a part of it. "You're right, you're right." He admits, a hint of shame in his words as they flow from his tongue. "It'll be nice to just sit and relax for a while, draw what I want to draw and not what other people want me to create. Oh!" A thought comes to his head and he leans forward, his arm coming out half way over the table, tapping a finger to the warped surface.

"Remember that time, with the chalk? We created that mural in front of the Student Life building? People didn't want to step over it they adored it so much." Scooting back a bit as to not get too in her face, Brendan's smile is priceless and pure. "That was fun!" He admits completely, "Perhaps if you're not too busy we can sit down together again and just doodle?"

Nibbled on her lip in thought, he could do that, spend a night here and then at his parents, but she didn't want him to stay, "Its up to you, you know we won't mind if you stay... or go..." she mumbled the last part as her eyes drifted around the room before landing back onto his face, his shirt, and to the table, she couldn't help but notice how much muscle he now had. Through his shirt she could tell how defined her was, he seemed so different now, though her eyes weren't complaining at the sight. Slowly her eyes raised back up to look at his torso, her eyes jolt back up to his own once he mentioned the chalk mural.

She remembered the fun they had, the chalk dust and smudges all over them. A smile found her lips, it quickly turned into a wide toothy smile, "Yeah, I remember that... I haven't used chalk in so long." at his question the smile faded "I-I don't doodle anymore, I don't really do any art anymore. Been too... busy." though she would to draw with him once again but she hadn't drawn in so long she wasn't sure if she still had the talent. "Plus you don't need me to draw, you're talented enough as it is." she was always jealous of how well he did, her drawings seemed like a child's when held up next to his.

Not wanting to be a bother, Brendan nods his head, looking quickly at the time. "I appreciate your offer of the weekend, Nancy but I really shouldn't crash down like this and," He reminds her, "At such sort notice, I think it's a bit rude. Don't you think so?" Those eyes glance back to her before taking a sip of his tea, marveling in the sweetness. Looking down to the water in his cup, he holds a dreamy expression on his face before blinking and looking up at Nancy once more. Hearing some movement upstairs, he can't help but glance up, knowing that her grandmother is getting ready to sleep.

When she declines his offer at drawing together, Brendan nods his head once and bites his tongue as to not say what's on his mind right at the moment. He wants to tell her to just go with it and have some fun once in a while. Not knowing about her being laid off, he believes her when she says that she has been working a ton. "Did I ever say I -needed- you to draw?" Comes the smooth tone of his voice, grinning slightly. "I'm just suggesting it. Might be fun after all these years. Perhaps even draw something on the sidewalk like children. I remember I used to draw train tracks up and down the street with my friends back home." Rolling his eyes at his own memory he chuckles, "Yeah, what good times. But, if you're busy... I can always leave tomorrow morning and be out of your hair." Taking another sip, Brendan leans back in his chair, crossing one leg over the other in a formal way.

A thought pops into his head about getting up early, he is used to such a schedule, and cooking them breakfast. Eyeing around the room and calculating it's state, he starts to think about work once more. Not knowing about Grandma Leo's plans for him being asked here, he considers giving them a big discount on price. It's the least that he could do. Or would they think that as him, mr. rich and popular guy, giving them charity? Closing his eyes for a moment, Brendan ponders deeper into these strayed thoughts.

"You have talent and I don't believe it should go to waste." He finally concludes when images of her past work flood his mind. Smiling, he re-opens his eyes. "Plus talent shouldn't even matter. It's all a situation of if you're having fun or not while you draw or paint... whatever you like to do. Craft, mold, ... yeah."

Status
Not open for further replies.