Love Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Her face turned beat red at his words, her heart felt as if it jolted to life again after being still for too long. As he began to lean into her, her body tensed as she slowly laid back into the bed under his weigh, his chest now resting on her chest. Fingers slowly worked their way back up into his hair gently massaging his scalp, enjoying the softness of his locks, every once in awhile a fingertip would swirl a velvet lock around.

Allowing her body to relax into the bed, her head lulling back into the pillow as her eyes slowly drifted shut. Nothing falling asleep but loving this feeling, her fingertips trailing up and down his spin as she bit her lower lip in thought, she really liked him without a shirt on but it also made it hard for her to fall asleep. Her mind whirled with the last memories of them sharing a bed, taking a deep breath she rest her hand onto the mattress to stop herself from practically groping his back.

Virtually falling asleep, Brendan starts to say something else but it just comes out as small satisfied mumbles. Feeling her muscles tighten, he can't help but loosen his grip, an arm still wrapped around her belly. Before he could completely get to sleep, he whispers for only hear ears to hear, "Don't let me force you into staying..." His half conscious chuckle is back, sitting up and resting on his forearms once she forces herself to stop causing tingles down his back. "I'd really rather you stay but if you think it's better -not- to be here with me..." His words trial off and he can't help but present a sad little smile, "Well, then, with your Grandmother n' all... yeah, I understand. And you're free to go. I just don't know ..."

The light from the night lamp causes half of his face to be defined and the other shadowed. The same goes for his torso as well as the sheets of his bed. "I'd really rather you stay though." He repeats, almost leaning down to kiss her. Instead he positions himself so that he may run his fingers across her cheek and touch the roots of her hair. Smooth, brunette, and beautiful. "What would you like to happen?" He almost asks her if they should try being a couple again but he is quick to remember the pain of his ungodly hours. Work, work, and more work. He lives, eats, and breathes it now because of their breakup and it would only make her unhappy. A small worried look comes to his eyebrows as they scrunch up, his lips drawn in a straight line.

Eyes peeked open when she felt him moved, a small frown forming on her lips wanting him back where he once was. She inhales sharply feeling his fingers graze over her cheek, the gasp wasn't of shock but of feeling his touch. Her cheek nestled into his hand until it moved down her neck. Gently placing a hand over his forearm she stared up at him wanting to tell him all of the things she wanted of it, but it wouldn't be fair to him. Stay in town and have things like they used to be, but he had so much back in the city. "I want to stay here with you." she squeaked out in a whisper and averted her eyes else wear in the room.

The shadows cast by the night light camouflaging her pain in her eyes, she wanted to tell him so much from when he was gone. All of those nights she wished she had left with him and just stayed quiet about his work. "I want..." she started mumbling glancing back up at him "Can I just sleep here tonight?" shifting onto her side she curled into his chest "Please...?" she closed her eyes resting her forehead into his chest. "I promise I won't keep you up, and if I do I'll just go back to my bed."

As her head moves itself to his chest, he lets his fingers slip from her cheek. Instead he cradles the back of her head with his hand, nodding his head down to kiss the top of her braided hair. "How -dare- you ask such a thing of me. Ew, me sleep with a girl? You're disgusting!" He snaps at her in a quiet voice, completely joking, an added chuckle for her to know of his intentions. "Of course you may sleep here tonight. I'd have it no other way. Even if you said no and started to leave, well, I would have found some excuse to make you stay." Giving her a small squeeze, he slowly rolls onto his back and reaches his right arm around, trying to grab the cord for the light and turn it off. Not wanting to disturb her, he finally reaches it and night swallows the room once more. Setting under the sheets, he pulls them up over Nancy as well.

"You won't keep me up." Comes an assuring nod though the pillow after Brendan lies on his back next to Nancy once more. With his head facing her, he can barely make out her features beneath the glow of the moon. "Sweet dreams. And just so you know, I promise to beat this bed into submission if it rejects you." Laughing, his fingers are slow to find her face, giving her a soothing caress before dozing off to sleep. He figures she will curl up against him and he will be there to wrap his arms around her like they did before. She will be able to feel his heartbeat drum happily, putting them both to bed. Well, at least he is out like a light soon enough.

When the morning comes, Brendan's eyes slowly blink open, greeting the sun and the day that comes along with it. Remembering his promise to make them breakfast, he first takes the time just to lie here with her weight against his. Turning his gray gaze down to her, he brushes her hair out of her face, checking to see if Nancy is awake or still asleep. Internally he tells himself that he loves her, the darkness of his heart squeezing at the thought of him returning to the city once this weekend comes to an end. "Maybe it won't be so bad..." He lips to himself, considering the thought of them at least calling one another regularly or Skyping... something that will keep them connected.

Staying in the bed for a long time, he soon feels the low bubbling sound of his stomach and small jolts of hungry pain. If Nancy should awaken, he doesn't move. His bright gray eyes are there to meet hers, "Good morning!" He happily chirps.

If she stays asleep, he tactfully hugs her and rolls her onto her back before slipping off of the bed. Moving to his bag, he finds his jeans and pulls off the running shorts and slips into them. Forgetting about a shirt, he rubs the sleep from his eyes and makes his way downstairs to start making eggs, bacon, oatmeal... the usual things he remembers Grandma Leo making for them way back when.

Once he laid back she curled into his side and rest her head onto his chest, using it as her pillow for the night. Quickly she fell asleep having a wonderful night's sleep. In the morning she gave a soft groan and stretched out across the bed and pressed her face into his pillow with a smile as his scent fills her nostrils. Slowly she sat up and looks around to see if he was still in the room, "Brendan?" she rubs at her eyes gently before slipping out of bed, feet shuffling down the hall, the stairs, and into the kitchen. "Mmm..." she groans at the smell of food "Anma what are you-" upon seeing him making breakfast she paused "You're making breakfast? No, no, no."

Quickly taking what ever was in his hands, "You're a guest, you don't get to cook or clean or... Whatever!" nudging him out of the way and started from where he stopped, that is if she got down stairs in the middle of him making breakfast. If he had already finished then she began setting the table, grabbing cups for orange juice and coffee.

Upon hearing footsteps, Brendan quickly mixes more water to the oatmeal, using the wooden spoon to get just the right consistency. Not even bothering to turn around, he knows that the pace of the footsteps couldn't be Grandma Leo. "She's going to kill me." He happily tells himself, not stopping the stirring until he feels her shove him in the direction of the sink. "And good morning to you!" He retorts at her chipper greeting, grinning. The spoon now comes into Nancy's control, "Yes, yes, yes." He counters right back at her. "I'm a guest but I feel like making myself breakfast and you, n' Grandma Leo just as a thank you for letting me stay over. Knowing she can't do two things at once, he grabs another bowl from the counter and cracks some eggs into it next to her, not caring if she yells at him or not.

Now that the full light is on his torso, she might be able to make out a white line running horizontally below his ribs. "I really don't think you telling me not to is really going to stop me, you know." Bringing a hand through his messy morning hair, he takes a moment to crack his neck before continuing. "You must make dinner every single morning. Now, I hope you slept well. Sit down won't you? It's practically done. Does Grandma Leo still get up at 8 o' clock?" Grabbing the juice from the set table, he pours an even amount into each glass. His phone can be seen on the table lying face up. Was he using it or just bringing it downstairs with him out of habit?

Huffs, blowing a few strands of hair out of her face, at the fact that he wouldn't stop and looks over at him "You need to relax and you sit down." she retorted. Finishing up the oatmeal she placed them into separate bowls, "No, on weekends she wakes up early to walk in the near by mall they put up last year. Don't know why, but whatever floats her boat." with a wave of her hand in the air, as if to wave the thought form her mind, she places the oatmeal onto either side of the table. Seeing his phone on the table, that bitter seed inside of her sparked again, she could only hope that no one called in the middle of breakfast, things were like they used to be. She just wanted to live in that world for another day or so.

With a shake of her head she turned back around to help him bring things to the table, as light hit his torso through the window her brow scrunching together in concern and curiosity upon seeing the white line, "What is this?" she asked as a finger reached over tracing under the line. "Are you okay? What happened? When did it happen? Why didn't you tell me?" the spur of questions spitting out from her mouth, becoming more and more worried about him with each question.

"No, I really don't need to relax. And, might I add, perhaps cooking is a nice relaxing idea of my Saturday morning!" Replacing the cap on his juice, Brendan is quick to reach across the table and grab his phone. Instead of slipping it into his pocket, he puts it on the table. "Is it a big mall?" Coming to sit down, Brendan easily scoots the chair in and digs in. Trying not to look completely like a pig, he hunches over slightly to add brown sugar to his oats and stirs it until the sugar had become a brown paste. He was always one for sweet things. "I'm glad that Grandma Leo finds her fun. I usually get up and take a run but I thought for this morning, I would rather not run into..." Blinking, Brendan tries to remember her name, waving his hand in the air. "... whatever her name was. I wasn't even listening."

"Scrambled or fried?" Comes his next question, getting up and placing the napkin beside his phone. Mixing up the eggs once more, he turns and waits for her answer before pouring his serving of eggs into the pan. Gleefully humming, he reaches over the counter to grab the salt and pepper, giving her a good look at the scar. Quickly looking over his shoulder, he tries to give her a reassuring smile, "Oh this?" He asks, touching the scar after she gets up and does so herself. "Tim and I went out on his boat and I snagged myself on a reef. All the other scarring had died down, you can only see 'em if you're really close." Going back to his cooking he takes a new spoon and starts to work the yellow goop into a solid form. "I didn't tell you because, well, I didn't think you'd care to be honest. Just a little scratch."

Shooting a glare at him with his tone about cooking being relaxing, "Well I don't find it relaxing.." she grumbled plopping down into her seat and scooting into the table, she stared down at her breakfast and just grimaced she wasn't hungry now. Usually the first thing in the morning she did was stuff her face, for a small woman she loved food. Instead of grabbing a fork or spoon she grips the handle of her coffee cup and took a large drink, pulling the lip of the mug away from her mouth she arched a 'brow "She? Who is she?" was she jealous? She felt something inside her start to burn and twist.

Placing her mug back down she picked her spoon and kind of prodded at her oatmeal. A scowl formed on her face, didn't care? Of course she would care, she never stopped caring. She didn't answer his question about the eggs, instead just poked at her oatmeal a bit harder. If it were alive it would probably be dead by now, but double tapping is always a good choice. After a moment she rest the spoon's handle against the bowl and just leans back into her seat arms crossing over her chest, the sweet morning turned sour quickly. He was in town for not even twenty-four hours and already has a lady friend, and accused her of not caring. The disillusion she was in that things were perfect quickly crumbled before her.

Not hearing her respond, Brendan turns around with spoon still in hand. Seeing her poking at her oatmeal sourly, Brendan can't help but feel the weight in the back of his throat. Dammit, said the wrong thing, didn't I? Why can't I hold my tongue? Kicking himself in the butt internally, he quickly turns the dial on the stove, feeling the heat from the gas flames vanish with a quiet pop. "Is everything alright?" Comes his cautious words, creeping up on the angry beast as she broods over his actions. "Nancy? What's wrong?" Reaching past the flowers on the table, he puts the spoon down on his napkin. Right then, of course, his phone -had- to go off. The vibrations ripple through the table of the low crackle against the tabletop. Letting out a short breath, Brendan's fingers move as if to reach for it, not being able to see who is calling him.

Within a moments notice, his fingers are curled up into a fist and backing away from the prized possession. "Nancy, what's wrong?" He asks a third time, turning his back to the table, eyes on her and the oatmeal. "I didn't mean to offend you in any way - I just love cooking! Tim used to invite me over to his house for BBQ's and whatnot so I found it easy to start on a grill and then move my way around to the stove and oven." Shrugging, he smiles down at her, concern buried deep within that smile. "Are you not hungry? I can make you something else if you want?" Quickly blinking, he remembers he mentioned another girl and after curling up in bed with Nancy last night, he figures it's not the best time to tell her about the wild runner he literally ran into last night. Reasons overrides his mind and he quietly speaks with a shrug, "I think it was Kelly...? Do you know any girl by that name? She knew me and I didn't know her - nearly knocked her over last night while walking back from my car. Are you mad about her? Mind you, she could have kept blabbing and blabbing last night but I stopped it. My thoughts had been solely on you and how great it is to be here once more."

With a sigh she paused and held her hands in her lap, forming small fists, "Nothing is wrong." she said calmly and forced a small smile. She wasn't mad about the cooking but that fact that he kept talking about some girl and his phone out on the table. The ringing, though she was surprised that he didn't answer, she just needed to be alone to clear her head. What was she thinking? Of course other women will fawn over him and flirt. She didn't hear what he said about thinking about her and that he thought nothing of the woman but she had already blocked him out. She hadn't known who this Kelly woman was and she didn't care by this point.

Hands wrapped around the napkin in her lap and twisted at the fabric as the burning became more intense, her lips pinching together as she pushed the feeling deep down and out of the way. Taking quick sip of her coffee she took a huge spoon full of oatmeal and shoved it into her mouth so she wouldn't give some snide retort or comment, swallowing she took another huge mouthful of oatmeal keeping her eyes down at the table. After swallowing the last bit she pushed her chair out and stood placing her twisted napkin on the table. "Thanks for breakfast." she mumbled with quickly as she slipped by him through the kitchen and back up the stairs saying something about taking a shower or washing up.

Seeing right though her as if she were a pane of glass, Brendan shakes his head, letting out a long sigh. It is true that at conventions and other such arenas where Brendan would be present, he always seemed to have a different girl on his arm every night. The tabloids ate him up, capturing more about his life than he thought was possible. Letting them have his fun though, he is normally seen as the charming daredevil, posing for the camera in brash manners some of the time. Most other pictures he tries and actually look presentable, always a slender 'queen' at his arm. To be honest, he was hardly looking at Kelly last night. If he were, he might have had a slip up or two of his tongue, unaware of the girls hidden beauty tangled up behind her head.

Moving back to the stove, he lets her know that he doesn't believe her in his drawn out tone, "Alright then - just making sure you're alright. I slept like a baby last night!" Chuckling, he clicks on the stove again to make the rest of the cheesy eggs, "It's all because of--" but by the time he got there, turning around with the pan fill of scrambled eggs, Nancy is already mumbling her goodbye's and fleeing from his presence. "Nancy?" He calls, putting the pan back down, "Nancy, what are you doing?" Not hearing what she is saying, he too strides into the other room, leaning on the bannister of the staircase and calling up to her.

She was half way up the stairs by the time he called for her, with a sigh she turns around on the step and leans back into the wall, "What? What else do you want to tell me about her? How great she is? Making her new playboy of the month?" she pose like one of the girls from the magazine. "I was so happy that you are here but you haven't changed. You're still that tabloid workaholic that left!" she marched her way back up the stairs. Usually she didn't have out bursts like this, holding her tongue and staying quiet, but she couldn't choke it down any longer. Storming down the hall and to her room the door slammed shut, her back pressing into the door as she slid down to the floor, knees folding into her chest as her forehead rested on top of them.

Sitting there for awhile she closed her eyes and took deep breaths to calm herself down. Wiping a tear or two from her cheeks, she thought she was foolish for thinking everything would be okay but she had to keep reminding herself that he was leaving by the end of the weekend. Raking her fingers through her hair she pulled her hair free from the tie. Resting her head back on the door with a soft thud she sighs wondering if having him stay was a good idea, though he did brighten her world he also seemed to darken it at the same time.

In a blink of an eye his collected demeanor shatters, becoming as angry as could be when she starts to scream at him. He knows that he can control himself as long as the other person doesn't start to scream but now he finds himself yelling over her, trying to get her to calm down and listen. "Who?" He shouts at first, genuinely confused on who the 'she' is. "W- what? You mean .." Waving his arm, not even knowing her name, "The runner?" Starting to round the bannister, she screams at him, daggers right into his chest with each blow. "She is nothing to me! I told you that before, were you listening?!" He bellows, his hands trying to make her understand waving them around his head in short motions. "Tabloid workaholic?" Those gray eyes turn sharp as tacks and he quickly rounds the bannister as she thumps down the hallway, "Nancy?" He calls, the gusto behind his breath fading as she bounds out of sight.

Knowing it would be a waste to chase after her, he still ascends the steps, hearing them lash out at him too. He didn't have time to change back to that man he was in college, he knew that much. He left and became a 'workaholic'. Not even uttering another word, he makes his way to her door, not even bothering to try and open it. By this time, sorrow had taken over his slumping features and he presses his hands and face up to the door. She, he has no doubt, heard him coming and can feel his presence on the other side. While she sits and rakes her fingers through her hair, he shuts his eyes and just puts his weight against the door. He prays that she will understand him and forgive him, letting Brendan back into her life once more. It might be hard but he would change for her - well, do his best to change. All her expectations of him have faded. He knew she is right.

Kissing the door, Brendan picks up his own weight and moves from it. She won't open it for me. Comes his own reasonable voice ringing in his head. I told you that you should have never brought that runner chick up. See what you did? Froget about what happened last night because it'll never happen again. Bowing his head down, Brendan walks down the steps and opens up the door, letting it swing close behind him. Right now, all he needs is a walk. He doesn't care if he is literally just in his boxers and jeans, the world will live. Moving from her front yard, Brendan starts up the lane with his hands in his pockets. he Barely even noticing the chill of the air, a greater cold within himself making the air around him seem tolerable.

She couldn't believe she really shouted at him, told him what she wanted to say during the crash of their relationship, that he was a workaholic. She felt bad but it felt good that she finally go t that off of her chest, some weight lifted off of her body at the realization. Feeling him presence on the other side of the door she wanted to open it but there would probably only be more yelling and tears. A hand reached up to grip the door knob, hesitantly she pulled her hand away and groans.

Ten minutes later, shifting out of the way of the door, she opens it and peeks through the crack. Slowly opening the door she stood up and stepped out into the hall "Brendan?" Stepping back into her room she changed into red tank top and shorts before looking for him throughout the house. It took her awhile to look through the house before realizing he left, she stepped out onto the back porch to see if maybe he was on the porch swing, but again, nothing. Bare feet walked across the cool wood to sit on the swing, gently swaying back and forth. "What a day..." her hands rubbed over her face in another groan, hoping he would come back so she could apologize.

Brendan, always need a while to cool off after a fight, just keeps walking. After a while, he doesn't even realize that he made it all the way to the park. Open space, a small lake as well as a playground for the children. Getting odd looks from some passersby, a few open their mouths as to say something but Brendan's sour expression wards all talking from him. Preferring to be alone right now, he steps across the grass and crawls up a hill, easily able to see the rest of the long park surrounded by whispering woods. Sitting on the top of the hill, he crosses his legs and squeezes his eyes shut. The only thing left is to meditate. Resting his hands on his thighs, he straightens his back, controlling his breathing as he pictures the white board in his mind. Taking a cloth, he slowly but surely, wipes his mind of the events that occur. Workaholic. Workaholic. Workaholic. Is all that comes to his mind though and his eyes flicker open once more.

Knowing that perhaps meditation, something he picked up in the city, won't help quite yet, Brendan just walks around the oval shaped pond. Another breezy day ahead of him both in weather and in quality of this day. Not knowing how much time had passed, Brendan makes his way back to her street. Feeling an invisible rope tied around his waist, he lets it pull him forward. How is he to react to her now? Kind? Unpleasant? No, he is a guest of her house and will have to be on his best behavior. But how can he smile like he once did? She thinks poorly of him and that's all he needs to know in order to leave on Monday and let her be. The fantasy of having her back seems bleak and out of his reach.

Brendan's phone would go off in what seems to be every half hour or so, someone wanting to speak to him. Even texts make the phone buzz off its rocker. For a Saturday, Brendan sure has a lot of customers. But is it truly all work related?

After inspecting his own BMW for any damage from a night out on the street, he glances through the window and sees the red tie left there. Not even thinking twice, it angers him for some reason or another, he is not entirely sure. Coming to the gate, he sees the car in the driveway, letting out a relieved breath that Grandma Leo -should- be home. Checking to see if the front door is open, he thinks about going in the back door. Instead he takes a step back and looks up to the roof of the house. Or he could climb? No, too risky and he doesn't want to damage anything. Who knows how old that roof is and if it will hold his weight. Shamefully, he knocks a few times at the locked door.

Sure enough she answered the door, "Hello- Oh! A half naked man on my doorstep. Must be my birthday, but its not March." the old woman laughs and gestures with a wave of her hand for him to come in. "So what is with the eye candy look? Modeling now, are we?" she asks walking back over to the couch, knitting needles and large yarn balls spread over the cushions. Sitting down she picked up where she left off, "What's wrong?" she asks nonchalantly, her needles moving at a steady pace. "Nancy is out working in the garden like no tomorrow. Did something happen?" Looking at through the sliding glass window she gave a soft sigh, "Seems like that garden never stops growing. Started with the death of her parents, bless their souls."

Nancy was out in the garden, hands covered with dirt, knees covered in grass stains. Changing soil and adding new seeds for flowers to bloom in the summer. Hands cupped over clumps of dirt as she pats it firmly down over the rose seeds, something she has been trying to successfully grow for years now. Grabbing the watering can next to her she pour water over the new soil, placing it back down she sat back brushing dirt and leaves off of her body.

A sigh of relief comes from Brendan when his gaze locks onto the elderly woman. His tense shoulders relaxing just a bit as he lets out a friendly chuckle. "It doesn't need to be your birthday." In a second, he is leaning against the threshold, going with her joke to his full capacity as he usually does. Even in his sour mood, Brendan humors her, running his hand along the doorframe and looking to the ground, biting his lip in a very seductive manner before looping a thumb into his jeans belt. Snapping out of his phase, Brendan carefully walks into the house, looking at the staircase. "For your eyes only, m'love, you know that." He wraps an arm around her once more, kissing her cheek before letting out an exhausted breath.

Collapsing into one of the chairs, Brendan slouches and throws his arms over its arms. "Na, nothing happened." Comes his false breath. Grandma Leo, knowing him for so long, sees right through his blocking lie. With only a prompt look from her, he leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees and gripping the sides of his face. "Yeah, something happened." He now feels foolish for not saying something sooner, telling her a lie. "We had a spat. I even got up to cook dinner for her and from there things just went downhill," messaging his temples he continues, "I just don't know, gramgram. All of it. I... ugh.." Covering his face with his hands, Brendan lets out another long sigh. "I should I go out and apologize? I didn't -do- anything wrong." Quick to correct himself, he adds, "Well, not today. I feel rotten that I let my work get in the way of our-" motioning to the window, "Happiness."

Ever since Nancy brought Brendan home, he always had a tender spot for her grandmother. Whenever he was having problems with Nancy, he ended up calling her instead of his parents. They're always so busy, using their own money most of the time to go and travel elsewhere. For most of his adult life, his parents have been unreachable due to calling expense overseas. To make up for this loss, Brendan goes to Grandma Leo for help. He thinks that she might understand him more than Nancy ever could.

She gave a stern nods and lets her needles settle into her lap, "Boy I know it was more than a spat, I may be old but I ain't stupid." straightening up she leans back into the couch with a sight, arms crossing over her chest. "Now, I understand you guys had a great thing going on, and yes blame on both parts. But..." she raised a finger in the air "You both chose to go opposite ways." With a tilt of her head she watches him, taking in his crestfallen expression. "Brendan, you seem like you've lost your chance. You haven't though, because if it were meant to happen again it would." Turning her attention back out to Nancy she smirks, "Trust me there will be."

"Don't go out now though. She's in that zone of hers, she won't be down for another hour." with a shrug she picks up her needles and gets back to her knitting. "May I ask you something, hun?" she asks with a arched 'brow, even if he said no she was still going to ask. "Are you happy? Not just with Nancy, past or present, but with you? You know happiness isn't an apple you can pluck off a tree, you need to let it grow and be welcomed, doing the things you love."

Leaning back, Brendan exhales once more in a deep swirl of air. The tightness in his chest has not faded throughout the conversation, an idle hand moving to message the feeling away. "Yes, we went separate ways." Refraining from rolling his eyes and commenting about stating the obvious, Brendan just looks to the room and tries to find something to calm him down. When she comments about him losing his chance, he snaps back to reality and is quick to shove another rude sounding comment at her, immediately regretting it again. "I -have- lost my chance! What I was four .. or three.. or--" waving his hands about the details, he moves on, "Whatever! How many years have passed, well, I fucked up! I'll admit it! I'm a stupid shit that fucked up!" Moving to explain himself, he sits on the edge of his chair, trying not to get too defensive.

"I love Nancy. All those stupid girls I had ... they mean nothing to me. I tried to find happiness elsewhere but it didn't happen. It never will I dare say. But for you to sit back and tell me that I 'have a chance' and 'its meant to be' is utter... bullshit! I'm still the same man, no, I'm not the same man who drove away to the city. I'm worse! Workaholic and a playboy. This is what society has done to Nancy's precious Brendan."

Coming as a shock to him, Brendan thinks a while on if he is happy or not. A hand comes to his chin and he runs his fingers over the scruff there. "Happy?" He repeats, truly stumped by her question. His brows scrunch as his brain works to obtain an answer. "I... don't know." He finally utters.

Status
Not open for further replies.