Love Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I know you don't need me... I just... My doodles aren't that good. Never have been." she replied with a shrug, "Everyone always liked your art better. You are a big shot now because of it." She giggles brushing her fingers threw tangled locks. "Remember that exhibit you were in our junior year? Everyone was fawning over your painting and how great it was."

She reached over the table and placed a hand over his, "Please stay." she whispered not even stopping herself this time from showing she wanted him around. "I would like it if you stayed..." she gave pleading eyes before pulling her had back and bit her lip wondering if that was the smartest thing to do. "I mean... Anma would really like it if you stayed for the weekend." she finished glancing back up at him for his answer and reaction. "She misses you a lot... She hasn't stopped missing you."

"You ought not to compare your pictures to others'. The best part about drawing with you was the creativity you hold that is different from mine. Seeing the finished product always touches me in a way my own work fails to do every single time. It's a thrill watching you work, standing, sitting, jumping.. whatever you may do to achieve your goal. It doesn't matter if I have a degree or not nor does it matter if my talent is different than yours. I don't hold myself above you, Nancy. I never have." His words are true, the stern yet comforting look in his eyes telling her just that.

Placing his hand on the table in a light fist, he brings his teacup back to his lips and takes a quick sip. Tingles run down his torso as cool and calming fingers lap over his. How he has missed her touch. All the time he spent hunching over reports and projects, alone and without her arms around him or her hand on his. She used to sit with him, wrap her arms around him on the floor while he laid on his stomach and drew on white poster-board or large sheets of paper. There were times where she fell asleep on his arm or even sometimes half sprawled across his back. He used to always stop his work and either cuddle with her right there on the floor or happily take the time to tuck her into bed.

At least, that's how it used to be before his job started to dominate who he really is as a person. She would come home and find him sprawled out on the floor, drawing, painting or on his computer using software. When she tried to cuddle with him, he would take only a moment to kiss her. It used to be half an hour or even hours of talking before he even looked at the page again. Then it was back to work for him, needing this project done by this date and that one done in three or four weeks. No time to spare.

When she starts to pull away, he reacts. Drawing fingers that have had charcoal, paint, pencil, ink and clay, are soon wrapped around her slender ones once more. His palm facing the sky and a thumb curving over her knuckles. Perhaps he is too forceful, quickly snapping her hand from the air like that, his grip quickly loosening but not letting go. The gaze he gives her is one of utter desire for all that she is, he has never stopped loving her. Within the next heartbeat, he breaks himself out of such a strong stare and starts to blink. Looking down at their hands, he loosens his even more, giving her the complete opportunity to pull away. The muscles of his face relax, just hinting at a smile at her words.

"You...?" He starts to add but shakes his head just a tad when she corrects herself, not believing that the conversation was about Grandma Leo. She wanted him to stay and that's all he needs to hear in order to comply. Mistakes, such as the one just uttered from her, Brendan believes, is what she really wants to say to him. "Then Grandma Leo, and you, shall have the pleasure of my company. And I in return, will be able to have yours as well." Pausing for a moment, he rests his knuckles down on the dark brown table. If her fingers are still within his, he keeps it so and if not, he curls them up into a comfortable fist again.

"She does? Well, I really am happy to see her too as well as her granddaughter." The ache in his chest starts again as he opens his mouth to bring up wanting to call her Grandma after their breakup, every weekend, just to check in and see if Nancy is alright. Even if he couldn't build up the courage to call Nancy, he once called Grandma Leo, about two years after the breakup. It was a short conversation but he wanted to know how she was handling. That's when she obtained his work information, calling him in advance to show up at her house on the current Friday for a project.

Once he grabbed her hand, she froze not sure if he did it to stop her or keep her hand there. She took a breath and relaxed once his grip loosened. Fingers curled and laced into his, she missed this. Their hands together, talking, she hadn't done this with anyone for a long time. "Brendan, no one ever looked at my art like they did yours." she admitted gently rubbing her thumb against his index finger in soft strokes. "Sometimes I.." she paused deciding not to say what was on her mind, and gently pulled her hand from his and folded back into her other hand. "Never mind."

Her chest felt sore from all of the emotions she was pushing down. She could tell he knew what she meant when she said that her grandma missed him, and she was happy he did. He always knew how to translate her meaning in what she said, "Good. She also still has that drawing you did of me from when we were first dating..." she mumbled giving a goofy grin, she would look over the drawing almost every day after he left for the city. "Actually she has everything you felt behind when you moved..." the words almost choked in her throat as she thought back to finding them after all of his things were gone. She felt empty seeing his things missing from the bedroom, the kitchen, the walls, that feels began building up inside of her. "She never stopped thinking about you..."

Letting her fingers slip from his grasp, Brendan feels guilty for his actions, bringing the cup up to his lips before she has time to see him frown. He stares at her for a long time with his lower lip resting against the rim but he doesn't take a sip until she comments about his artwork against his own. Deep down he wants to yell at her for always comparing their work but instead he swallows and talks clearly. "And people will never look at my art the way they look at Tom Wesselmann's work or Damien Hirst." Leaning in closer to her, he places the mug back down, almost whispering. "The fun of being an artist is seeing work that is better than yours and setting goals to achieve that mark of excellence." Showing some teeth in his next smile, he continues, "No matter who you are... there will always be someone above you but don't let the discourage you doing something you love."

Pausing in his speech, he can read the emotions flowing from her and he just takes a moment to let his words sink in. She talks of the picture he drew of her sitting on the back porch and her hair all windswept. To this day, Brendan considers that his best piece of work mainly because he cared for it the most out of all his artwork. He left that behind with the intention that they shouldn't forget him no matter what may happen. He never wanted to leave but he knew he had to move on.

Brendan gets the sudden urge to flee, tell her that he is tired and wishes to get some sleep. His leg starts to slowly bounce underneath the table as he thinks but when she talks about thinking of him he can't help but fear the tears forming in his eyes. For the longest time he had thought they just moved on and ever since that phone call a month ago from her Grandma, they didn't even know who he was. It's a silly thought but Brendan still had it pass through his brain.

"I'm glad that you- she- kept everything of mine. It's was partly my intention when I left." Taking a deep breath, he doesn't think over his next words, "And I never stopped thinking about her." As soon as they leave his throat, Brendan looks down, his body shaking from a chuckle and a smirk a mile wide spreading across his face. Once he looks back up to her he covers his mouth before adding, "That just sounded wrong." Rolling his eyes he takes a deep breath, his face a bit red, and continues. "I never stopped about you - you both - n' all, as well. Most of my art pieces are inspired by this house and the people in it you know. What the mind may forget, the heart never does."

He always knew what to say to her, not even her grandma could do that for her. "You're right, you're always right." she chuckles clapping a hand to her cheek as she props her elbow up on the table, "Don't know how I did it without you..." she mumbled to herself, her eyes went wide once she realized that thought was spoken out loud, it wasn't an insult, she honestly couldn't see how she made it without him around. When he first left it was hard for her to wake up in the mornings at first, without him to kiss her cheek and wish her a good morning, the warmth on cold nights when he laid beside her. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean it that way." her hands shot out in front of her as if to stop him from having an out burst.

She never responded well to yelling, even when they were argue she would coil and just squeak out apologies when tempers would rise. Though she knew he would never hurt her but she was never good with conflict. Slowly her hands rested onto the table, palms down, "I..." she couldn't find words to explain how she felt to him anymore, all she wanted to do was wrap her arms around him and rest her head into his chest, or at least fall asleep on him like she used to when he worked. Glancing at the clock she noticed the time "Its getting late... I'll go make your bed if you're tired that is."

Thinking something along the lines of how her cheek easily fit into the palm of her hand, Brendan didn't even register her mumble. When she starts pleading with him with her arms, he raises a brow and blinks. Nancy might have noticed him coming out of his glazed look, thoughts elsewhere. "Hm?" Comes his questioning sound, blinking again but not really caring to hear what she thinks might offend him. Raising a hand, he smiles, "It's fine - I was spacing out anyway." Waving that same hand in a circle, he too glances that the clock. Not feeling tired but thinking that she wishes to go to bed, he nods a little. Wanting to know what she started to utter, he forces himself not to ask, the itch stuck in his throat once more and he scratches his jaw.

"I may stay up for a bit but it's likely that I'll be outlining projects and whatnot." Digging for his keys in his pocket, he scoots the chair out a little to dig deeper. His fingers grab a hold of the metal ring carrying the car, house, garage, backdoor, and work keys. With the key fob in his hand, he gets up, finishing off the last of his tea before moving to place the cup in the sink. Right as he places it down, he remembers that he is a gust and the least he can do is wash his own cup. The jingle of the keys chime as he places them on the counter next to him, unbuttoning his sleeves and rolling them up to his elbows. Before she has time to stop him, he is already washing out the cup with the handy sponge.

Once complete, he moves the flowery cup to the drying rack and places it face down. Turning around, he feel the course towel her grandmother uses to dry her hands on his. "I'll get my bag from my car in the meantime. Meet you upstairs?" After she answers, he moves to the door, stepping out into the cold night to grab the duffel bag from the back of his Z4. Before leaving the house, he stops after the threshold and turns around, "Nancy?" He calls as quietly as he can, "Will I get a ticket if I leave the car out on the street? Should I park in the driveway?"

"Hey..." she began to protest as he got up to clean is cup, but he was always faster than her and he would have stopped her from stopping him anyway. A soft smile pulled back onto her lips as she stood up and went up the stairs to the guest room. Grabbing cream colored sheets and soft pillows. She took her time to dress the sheets over the bed, upon hearing him enter back into the house she walked down the wall and peeked her head down the stairwell with a soft giggle at his question, "You've been in the city too long. Your car will be fine, now come on up." she whispered back disappearing behind the wall.

Leaning over to pick up the blanket the sleeve of his jacket fell down to cover her hand, with a smile she slipped off his jacket and hung it on the doorknob, otherwise she would probably fall asleep in it later having missed his scent when they slept together. Grabbing the blanket she laid it out over the mattress, crawling over as her hands pressing over the fabric to make it look neat. Pulling down the back of her dress as she stood up off the bed she hoped nothing was visible if the hem of her dress lifted too high. Grabbing the pillows and tossed them onto the bed and smiles, thinking back to the last time her and Brendan had shared a bed together, a soft pink blush flowing onto her cheeks.

Seeing her head poke around the wall, he can't help but chuckle internally. Is it true? She really -does- want him and has missed him. The night couldn't have gotten any better in his mind. Now he doesn't have to wonder around and find a hotel or just show up at his parent's place as he figured he would. It was either that or dropping by Tyler's house but that wasn't an option. "Alright." He calls back before walking outside and grabbing his bag. A flash of bright orange flashes before his eyes as soon as he steps up onto the curb. Blinking, he reaches out to catch the object, only then realizing that he had walked right into an evening runner. Thinking about Nancy has put him in an unusual daze.

Blushing, he stops hugging her, preventing her fall, and steps around her this time, offering his apologies humbly. Pushing the anger of the city deeper inside of him as they talk. The blonde haired woman recognizes him and sparks up a conversation, fixing her ponytail as they aimlessly chit chat. Brendan's charm, wanting it to or not, has an effect on this woman and she starts to flirt uncontrollably. Trying to keep a safe distance from her, Brendan sidesteps her advances, doing his best to slowly make his way towards the front door. Like a lioness circling her prey, the chick doesn't let him go, even reaching out to 'fix' the collar of his jacket. Normally Brendan would flirt back but the only woman he can think about now is Nancy.

"Yeah, that's wonderful." He would be saying, quickly pointing to the house, "I -do- have to go though, terribly sorry. I hate to keep you from your run." Before he can even smile, she slides her hands across her curves and he can't help but shamefully look. It's just a glance but he feels the spite of his heart erupt in his chest. She continues to talk. "Running away, are you? Well, name's Kelly. Nice to meet you, Mr. Conrad. I look forward to seeing you around. A handsome stud like yourself is hard to find in these parts. Tata!" Her eyes glance to the bag at his side, giving a flirtatious wink before sprinting off. With a relieved sigh, Brendan quickly moves into the house, shutting and locking the door behind him. He remembers the trick of the door, having to shove your shoulder against it in order for it to properly close.

Creeping up the stairs, he reaches the landing and then blinks at the hallway. His memory is failing him as to where the guest bedroom is. No matter how hard he tries to think, nothing comes. "Nancy?" He whispers, not bothering to move so he doesn't disrupt the old floorboards and wake up Grandma Leo. "Where am I sleeping?" When she answers him, he makes his way to the guest room, looking up at the walls. Once his gaze reaches Nancy, he can't help but grin, thoughts of kissing her flooding his mind. "Will you be sleeping in tomorrow?" He asks next, placing his bag by the small desk facing the open window.

Smiling as he walked in she gently rubs at the back of her neck a bit bashful, she could only think of him with his shirt off and laying on the bed, "I uh..." her mind drew a blank, her eyes like those of a deer when seeing a car. "I-I-I usually wake up early, you know that." she looked around and gestured to the bed behind her, "I made the bed for you, if you're not comfortable we can switch." stepping out of his way and into the hall she turns back, lips parting to say something only to close for a short moment. "Good night." she whispers tip toeing her way to her bedroom, straight down the hall with the green door.

Stripping off her dress and hanging it up into the closet she slipped on pajamas, which to her was a pair of shorts and one of his old t-shirts she adored so much. Taking a hair tie off of her dresser she pulled her to the side in a long braid before plopping back onto the bed, a sigh escaping her lungs and a wide smile spread across her cheeks. Her heart was about to pound out of her chest, she hadn't felt this way since they first met. Sitting next to each other in their first art class of their freshman year, getting coffee in the lounge, all of the times they drew on the walkways with chalk. She hadn't been his happy in a long time, but she couldn't help but wonder if it would go away once he went back home to the city.

It most likely isn't helping that Brendan's hands move to his buttons and he starts to undo them one at a time, letting his undershirt see the light of the guest room. Seeing her expression, he can't help but beam at her, finding her irresistible when she stutters. When they first started to talk, she would always be the cutest little ball of awkward giggles he had ever known. For him, he thought his own words stupid as well but he never apologized so fruitfully as she did. Blinking, he looks behind his shoulder, seeing the hem of her dress dance away from the door frame. He quickly lunges in that direction, leaning up against the frame as he looks down the hallway to see her tip toeing to her own bedroom. "Thank you and goodnight. I appreciate it a lot. Sleep well. I'll see you in the morning."

Even after she shuts the green door, he can't help but stare at it, hoping that she would change her mind and come spend the night with him. Slowly pushing himself from the frame of the door, he enters his own room. It still had a faint smell of her perfume and he couldn't help it if he takes long breaths in order to still keep her image in his mind. Shutting his own door without a sound, he takes off his shirt and neatly hangs it up on a hanger along with his pants and jacket. If this were his own house, he would just flop into bed with nothing but his boxers. Shaking his head, he puts on some running shorts since they are the only thing he has besides jeans and casual clothes in his bag.

Unzipping his laptop from its case, he moves to the bed, pushing the pillows up against one another as to have a backrest for him. Easily slipping under the covers, he starts to work and brainstorm ideas for one of his projects. Thoughts of Nancy pop in and out of his mind, finding himself glancing up and to the door every time he takes a breath. Time ticks on and on and finally he is yawning and rubbing his eyes, placing his laptop on the table next to him before rearranging himself and drifting off into a long sleep. He knows that he too will be awake at the crack of dawn. Perhaps, he thinks internally as he drifts off, he will wake up early enough to surprise Nancy and Grandma Leo with breakfast.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> She laid there for a while, her eyes not able to shut and her body felt restless. Sitting up she stared at her door for a minute, she wanted to march into his room and kiss him, spend the night with him, but she wasn't sure if he'd want to give back the same. Taking a deep breath she mustered up the courage to open her door, quietly walking down the hall she paused in front of his door. Raising a hand to knock her knuckles into the hard wood but stopped herself, pressing her palm onto the door she frowns. What if he doesn't want to see me? she thought to herself and bit her lip as she slowly turned the knob and opened the door. How risky could it be?

She began to say something but stopped herself once her eyes fell on upon his sleeping form, closing the door behind her she stepped closer and noticed his laptop on the night stand. A small frown worked onto her lips, too many nights would see find the laptop next to him instead of her. Her heart sank as a tear fell down her cheek, she shouldn't have come into the room, and those nights were just going to happen all over again. Quickly wiping it from her cheek she turned on a heel and made it for the door.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> She laid there for a while, her eyes not able to shut and her body felt restless. Sitting up she stared at her door for a minute, she wanted to march into his room and kiss him, spend the night with him, but she wasn't sure if he'd want to give back the same. Taking a deep breath she mustered up the courage to open her door, quietly walking down the hall she paused in front of his door. Raising a hand to knock her knuckles into the hard wood but stopped herself, pressing her palm onto the door she frowns. What if he doesn't want to see me? she thought to herself and bit her lip as she slowly turned the knob and opened the door. How risky could it be?

She began to say something but stopped herself once her eyes fell on upon his sleeping form, closing the door behind her she stepped closer and noticed his laptop on the night stand. A small frown worked onto her lips, too many nights would see find the laptop next to him instead of her. Her heart sank as a tear fell down her cheek, she shouldn't have come into the room, and those nights were just going to happen all over again. Quickly wiping it from her cheek she turned on a heel and made it for the door.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

Brendan lies on his back, pillow sunk in to the form of his head. Getting up several times during the night, he walks to and from his door in the darkness of his own room. Thought after thought comes into his head of how great it would be to sleep with her head on his chest and her hair sprawled around them. How could he have let his job get in the way of those joyous nights and even greater days? Strained fingers come to his face from all the previous typing, settling in his bed once more. His work –really- his life now, ever since he pushed everything else out when they broke up. If she accepts him then he will have to change for her. He would change for her but it won’t be easy. Pretending to stir once he hears bare feet against the floorboards, he opens his eyes to see Nancy’s backside. Why is she moving towards the door? He ponders, chewing his lip before slowly craning his neck and rubbing his eyes. “Nancy?” He half mumbles, pretending to come back to reality from a dream. “Is that you?” Blinking a few times, he finally sits up, his bare torso slipping up from under the sheets. “Come here…” He asks of her politely, “You haven’t been watching me sleep, have you?” Comes his joking voice, itching his chest before resting his hands on either side of his body.

Brendan lies on his back, pillow sunk in to the form of his head. Getting up several times during the night, he walks to and from his door in the darkness of his own room. Thought after thought comes into his head of how great it would be to sleep with her head on his chest and her hair sprawled around them. How could he have let his job get in the way of those joyous nights and even greater days? Strained fingers come to his face from all the previous typing, settling in his bed once more. His work –really- his life now, ever since he pushed everything else out when they broke up. If she accepts him then he will have to change for her. He would change for her but it won’t be easy. Pretending to stir once he hears bare feet against the floorboards, he opens his eyes to see Nancy’s backside. Why is she moving towards the door? He ponders, chewing his lip before slowly craning his neck and rubbing his eyes. “Nancy?” He half mumbles, pretending to come back to reality from a dream. “Is that you?” Blinking a few times, he finally sits up, his bare torso slipping up from under the sheets. “Come here…” He asks of her politely, “You haven’t been watching me sleep, have you?” Comes his joking voice, itching his chest before resting his hands on either side of his body.

Squeaks softly hearing his voice, did she wake him? Slowly turning around to see him in just short she blushed, her eyes getting a quick glance of his newly toned body. "N-No... I couldn't sleep, I came to see if you were still up. I'm sorry I woke you up." she whispered and nibbled at her bottom lip as her feet slowly shuffled across the floor to him stopping a foot away. "Would you like me to make you more tea? Or milk? Or softer pillows?" she was jabbering on now, listening what ever she could think of that would help him sleep, she was embarrassed that he caught her in the room while he was asleep. She probably seemed strange to him now and thought she was crazy.

Finally stopping her list of endless sleeping possibilities she fiddles with the hem of her sleep shirt, probably looking like a child when caught in the act of doing something they're told not to. She hoped he wouldn't question why she still wore one of his shirts to bed, it would probably make her seem even more ridiculous then just being spotted leaving the room. "I don't want to keep you up, I'm sure you're drive here was tiring and you'll have work to do in the morning..."

“No, I wasn’t sleeping. Don’t worry about it, please.” Seeing her blush and nibble at the bottom of her lip only makes him lean to his side and turns on his nightlight. The old rays of the dull lamp faintly making out the corner where the bed is in a pale yellow light against the aged shade. When she lists off the various items or drinks that will help him get to sleep, Brendan just shakes his head. Running his hands through his hair, he smiles at Nancy again. “These pillows are soft enough, here feel them.”

Quickly taking a pillow from behind his back he throws it to her, preparing for her to throw it back by covering his head. Brendan didn’t think she was crazy. If anything she has more balls than he does since he could only have himself pace up and down his own room, never even making it out to the hallway.

Examining the t-shirt, he refrains from getting out of bed, just reaching out with his hands as far as he can. “You’re wearing my t-shirt. Yeah, the one that I left in the dryer.” He remembers getting into the car and leaving, only a week later realizing that he had left his Pink Floyd shirt in the dryer or hanging on the line outside. It was one of those two.

“My only work tomorrow is helping your grandmother with whatever she wishes for me to design. Plus, I was just checking my Facebook and e-mailing a few co-workers. Nothing big. I'd like to refrain from work this weekend... it would be rude to visit you and be on the computer or whatnot the whole time. I can't promise you that I won't be drawing though. I find myself doodling more and more nowadays.” Grinning, he adds, “Couldn’t sleep, huh?”

Squeaks with a giggle as the pillow flew into her face, quickly she threw it back at his head, "Hey!" she whispered at him being careful to stay quiet "Those pillows are soft but don't make me fight you." she teased with another giggle. The blush found its way back to her cheeks as he reached for the shirt, stepping closer as he did so. Dear god he was making her blush something fierce tonight. Slowly shaking her head in response to his question, "No, I laid down and my body rejected the bed. I'm starting to think I need a new mattress." Though in her head she was thinking, 'If that mattress was your chest I'd sleep just fine.' but she couldn't get herself to admit that to him.

"I couldn't get rid of your shirts, I love sleeping in them.... They usually help me sleep." she would admit that to him, it was the truth, especially when he first left. "If you doodle do I get to lay on you?" the words slipped from her mouth right after he mentioned the topic. A hand slapped over her mouth once she realized what she uttered, her brain wasn't controlling her mouth like it should. 'Dear god... I'm done...' she thought to herself as she waited for his reaction or response.

"They are soft?" comes his questioning voice, raising a brow fully before reaching forward again and trying to snatch the pillow from her grip. "I don't know if I really feel the full effect of the pillows." He was expecting her to hit him after that comment and he tenses up once more, awaiting a friendly blow. "I'd like to see you win in a fight against me now, Nancy." All the excitement and chuckling makes him a tad louder then he wanted to be, lifting his head back to let out a trill of chuckles. He too lets some words slip from his mouth, "Well, my dear, it seems that you and me should get you a new mattress if it's going as far as to -reject- your body from its springs." Obtaining a mental image of a bed literally chucking her across the room, he can't help but grin feverishly.

Nodding, he understands her pain but unlike her situation, he had nothing to hold onto. "I'm glad I, well my shirt, could have been there for you." There was only memories and pictures to keep him thinking of Nancy but even the thought of her sleeping in his t-shirt for the past bunch of years eases his insides. His eyes widening for a moment, he can't help but smirk and tilt his head to the side at her laying down on him comment. "Are you really considering such a radical idea? It's not like we haven't done that before."

Feeling the world's energy pulling him closer to Nancy, he finds his hand wrapping around her waist. At least she knows now that he returns all her affections, not like she didn't know before, but he is taking a chance. She made the first leap that he couldn't so he might as well try and keep her here. Her intentions couldn't have been just to see if he was alright for she has his t-shirt on, it helped and helps her sleep, the looks she gave him downstairs. Just everything floods into his mind, wishing to at least hold her if not kiss her as well. Trying as tenderly as he might, he tries and pull her to sit on the edge of the bed with him. If she complies, he wraps both arms around her, resting his forehead to her shoulder. Not knowing what else to say, he keeps silent, not wanting to ruin the moment between them.

Giving his face another smack with the pillow and grins before sticking her tongue out at him. Placing a hand over his as it wrapped around her waist, slowly sitting down beside him. Once he rest his head down onto her shoulder she blinked in surprised, a hand slowly raising up to gently comb her fingers through his hair before slowly moving down his spine to rub at his back gently. Smiling softly as her head rested on top of his, enjoying the feeling as her finger tips worked at the soft skin. Slowly her eyes fell shut, not sleeping but enjoying the moment with him, something she truly missed.

Her hand gently worked at tensed muscles in his back, she thought it may help him sleep, if not at least relax more. "I missed you." slipped through her lips, but this time she didn't react with a hand to her mouth or wide eyes. She was happy and she thought it was time he actually knew how she felt and wanted to say to him since the moment he walked through the front door, "I'm happy you're here and didn't stay somewhere else."

His waves would feel soft to her touch, no doubt using expensive shampoo as well as conditioner to achieve the volumed effect he adores so much. As soon as the fabric of his shirt touches his cheek, he lets out a satisfied groan, knowing that her body is accepting him instead of shoving him away. Her warmth rolls onto his cheek and down his chest, the machine inside of his chest thumping away happily. One thing the girls he spent his time with never did, was just take a moment and sit with him. They are too loud and obnoxious, never collected and charming like Nancy. Those women may have great bodies but their personality is greatly lacking, wanting this or that right now and not giving him a moment to just breathe. The heat draws him closer in, pushing his forehead to her neck as he tightens his arms around her waist.

"You're a goddess..." She may hear him mumble, letting out a relieved breath at her working hands traveling up and down his back. The strain of the overwhelming tightness soon dissipates, leaving his back feeling like jelly. As a result, he leans on her, wanting more than anything just to lean back and lay with her. "And I you, Nancy, believe it or not. Believe it or not but I have wanted you back into my life ever since I stood up and left that kitchen table. Coming here put so much stress on me, I can't even start to explain it all... I don't want to flaunt myself in front of you. I never wanted to... you're perfect." He may indeed find himself falling asleep on her, his lids growing heavy and the warm feeling inside of him only adding to the fire. "I'm glad you told me to stay. It would have been hard to walk from this house again. Not knowing that we're alright."

Status
Not open for further replies.