Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. Multiple posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
On fairly regularly, every day. I'll notice a PM almost immediately. Replies come randomly.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
High fantasy is my personal favorite, followed closely by modern fantasy and post-apocalyptic, but I can happily play in any genre if the plot is good enough.
Trigger Warning: This roleplay will contain
Self-harm, abuse, mentions of suicide and rape, unrealistic portrayals of mental disorders, torture, lots of murder, and other graphic depictions of violence

Consider yourself warned! :heart:
Hello, Iwaku! Peregrine here, popping up due to the sudden freedom of winter break with a rather unusual request that's been niggling at the back of my head for a while now. I'm going to start with writing up the plot exactly as I have it in my head, but please don't let it's detail or defined characters scare you off. The story is a lot more flexible than this might make it look, as I'll more fully explain afterwords.

Stefan and Adeline Baumman seemed to be living at the height of their life. A self-made multi-billionaire in his early thirties, Stefan married his childhood sweetheart after successfully raising up a Fortune 500 company that dominated the market of micro-electronics and cameras. For a couple of years they lived happily, saddened only by Adeline's inability to have a child, before everything they had built began to topple, and topple quickly.

The first domino to fall came when Stefan was invited to a secret meeting of several of the other companies that dominated the market in other industries. There he learned that these powerful, influential men had used their wealth to entirely subvert the government, and to take control, not only of legislation, but of the daily lives of the general population. Convinced that his meteoric rise to success meant he would become their ally, these men invited Stefan to join them, planning to use his technology to invade even deeper into the lives of the country's citizens by placing chips and recorders in all new electronics, allowing this group to entirely control what people see and hear.

Fearful of what these men would do if he refused, Stefan agreed, keeping the information hidden from his wife, while seeking some way to cripple the group from the inside. Unfortunately, Stefan realized too late exactly how far their influence spread, when he confided to a judge known for his hard-nosed policies and righteous morals. Within a day, the information had made its way back to the men, and they did the only reasonable thing when someone acted against them. They hired mercenaries to fake his suicide.

Under threat of Adeline's life, Stefan wrote a suicide note, before being forcibly hung in his bedroom. Adeline found him two hours later, when she finally returned home.

This should have been the end of the story for the Baummans, but instead it became the new beginning. Something unexpected happened when Adeline lowered him down to the bed and took the rope off of his neck. Despite clearly having been dead only moments before, Stefan woke up. In the middle of his chest, he felt something like a miniature sun burning. When he released a portion of that power, it nearly destroyed the couple's bedroom.

After calming Adeline down, Stefan finally explains what he learned in that secret meeting, what he's been doing for the past month, and why his panic-stricken wife found him hung in their own bedroom. The two quickly pack their bags and retreat to the countryside, where they work to help Stefan learn to control his new powers. After a week, once Stefan begins to gain a little bit of stability, the topic returns to the men who ordered his death. The two eventually agree that they can't simply ignore this, but no one else is going to be able to help them. They'll have to rely upon Stefan's new powers to not only fight against these men, but make sure their monopoly can never be rebuilt.

In order to keep Stefan's identity hidden they create a demonic alter ego, who strikes a couple days after the two return to the city. This "demon" wades into the development base for the man in charge of a large chunk of military contracting, slaughtering anyone who stands in his way, and getting recorded casually shaking off waves of gunshots, knife wounds, and other injuries, as though it did little more than tickle. This is how the war between one man and his wife, and a group of corporations that have come to rule the country, begins.

What Stefan and his wife don't know is that Stefan's power doesn't originate from within himself. Instead, he tapped into the power of the Harbinger of End Times, the Devourer of Universes, and the power within him is going to grow, and grow quickly. Before long he won't be able to control it, and the power will run rampant, destroying not only Earth, but the rest of the universe along with it. The identities Stefan and his wife create quickly become his only refuge as his power begins to run rampant, and his wife becomes his only remaining tether to his humanity as his mentality becomes less and less stable.

And there you have it! The beginnings of plots, as I know it. Very dramatic, yeah?

Now for the bit I promised before you started reading all that. I am not set on this plot. It simply made sense to me as a way to get the three points I wanted out of this. These three points are:
  • A man who becomes a channel for powers that will bring about the end of the universe
  • Said man becomes the "enemy of the world" or confronting some other large power
  • His wife/romantic interest/someone (could be a guy, if you prefer MxM) eventually becomes the only one keeping him halfway sane
I am happy to tweak this plot in any way you please so long as it still hits those three points! Characters are flexible! Genre is flexible! Other magical elements can be added! Whatever you like. :) Or, if you like the plot I provided, I've got plenty of ideas for that, too.

Before I wrap this up, a few quick expectations.
  • Age Requirements: I'd rather you be 18+, just for my own peace of mind. However, I absolutely will not write this with someone under 16.
  • Posting Expectations: I do not have a minimum I expect you to write. However, I expect every post from you to drive the plot forward in a meaningful way. I doubt you'll be able to do this in less than a couple paragraphs. My opener for this story will likely be 1,000+ words, maybe more. I will request a sample if I can't find your work somewhere on Iwaku.
  • Character Expectations: Be prepared to play more than one character. There will be lots of side characters filling this universe, and I don't want to write them all. :P
  • Activity: Considering I'm on winter break, I'd like someone around to do a post every couple of days or so. However, I'm a very patient person, in the end. At a minimum, though, I'd hope for a post a week. I'd absolutely love to get a bit of back and forth going.
  • OOC: I'd love to chat! I'm on discord all the time, let me know if you'd like my handle so you can shoot off a friend request. If not, Iwaku PMs are fine.
I think that's everything! I'd prefer it if you sent me a PM (consider that my way of verifying you actually read everything, if you like), but won't ignore you if you respond here, either.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer.

Happy roleplaying!
~Peregrine

• Love
Reactions: junebug
I'd be interested in this plot if you still are. Just shoot me a message and maybe we can hammer out the details.