Look How Far We've Come (Fantasy, Adventure, Romance)

Tinder

Inconceivable
Original poster
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High, Low, Modern, Any), Romance, Supernatural Creatures, Fairytale Retellings, Mythological, Heroes' Journeys, Fandom (Bioware Games). Open to Trying Different Genres.
Hello, friends! Tinder's back because I have no self-control when it comes to coming up with plots. Today I have a beautiful little idea that has been searching for a home for some time. If you're up for something with magic, medieval kingdoms, and growing romance, then you've stopped into the right place.

But before that, let's do take care of the other business.

Friendly Guidelines:
  • Length - I would like you be able to post 2 paragraphs at minimum. As a rule, I prefer quality over quantity, but I like a decent amount of detail in posts such as what's going on around our characters, what your character is thinking or feeling, etc. It makes reading and responding more fun. I can post anything from two paragraphs to a small book depending on the point in roleplay because I'm longwinded, I mean, I like writing detailed posts.
  • Grammar - I would like you to have a good understanding of grammar. Mistakes will happen, I'm not looking for perfection, but I would like to see some effort here. Please be able to write in the third person as well and stay in the correct tense.
  • Activity – I'm a slow writer and my life can get a little crazy. My personal speed is a post a week or every other week, sometimes longer than that for the bigger posts. I can work with all kinds of posting speeds, but just know going in I'll need to take my time. You're always free to send me a reminder if it's been awhile, just don't make it every day.
  • Dropping – Yep, we're going there. It is perfectly okay to drop a roleplay with me whether it be because life got in the way, your dog ate your post, or you just lost interest in the roleplay. I only ask that you be willing to tell me you're dropping out. You don't need to tell me why if that makes you uncomfortable, just don't leave me hanging. I won't be angry or bitter. Maybe a little sad depending on my investment in the plot, but that's okay. I promise to do the same for you.
  • Plotting – I am a planner. I love to world build and brainstorm scenes in advanced. I'll also comment on my characters, your characters, the npcs, and their dogs because that's how I get myself invested in a plot. I know that some people prefer to just start the roleplay and go (it's not impossible for me to do so), but it's just in my nature to try and plan out the next step and keep building the background material as we go. So I would love it if you would be willing to chat about our ideas ahead of time. We wouldn't be making a comprehensive outline or anything, just bouncing ideas back and forth while we go.

On to me, because you ought to know some more about my insanity before agreeing to engage in conversation with me.

Warning Label:
  • Chatting – Getting to know my partners is half the fun of starting a new roleplay, so feel free to chat about anything with me. Got a new obsession, a ridiculous story or two, dreams, plots to dominate the world? Go ahead and share away. I'd be glad to listen and share some of my own.
  • Characters – I enjoy playing both men and women equally, though which one I play usually depends on the plot and my mood. Regardless, I will always add in a colorful cast of side characters to flesh out the story and would ask that you be able to do to the same.
  • Romance – I don't do smut. Kissing and actions with clothing still on (more or less) are fine, but nothing explicit. I'm willing to do fade-to-black if you're a red star and the plot calls for it. What would make me especially happy is someone who is willing to get the romance going a little faster. This isn't to say I want our characters proclaiming their undying love for each other after a day, but I'd rather not have to wait for several weeks' worth of conflict to pass before there's even a hint of a relationship. I have nothing against slow burns, I've just been doing a lot of them. If we could meet somewhere in the middle, that would make me very happy.
  • Violence - I'm not bothered by violence or gore, so bring on the bloody stumps and what not. If you've got any issues with it, please let me know. I can get a little carried away at times…
  • Language – Swearing is totally fine, so long as it's not every other word out of your character's mouth. There is a difference between punctuation and cussing.

Any additional questions you have are probably answered on my profile or you can just ask me! Anyway you survived the boring stuff so we can move on to the fun bits.

Look How Far We've Come

Pairing:
Royal x Royal (MxF)

Plot: The royal families of two nearby kingdoms make an arrangement to unite their lands through marriage when their only children come of age. To ease the transition, the children are brought together once every year for several months to encourage them to grow closer. As the years go by, they become more aware of the internal strife in their kingdoms and of a growing magical threat looming on the horizon…

Does this plot sound familiar? Well that's because it is. I've wanted to get this story right for years so you'll have to forgive me if I get a little more specific than usual. Starting things off, the setting will be medieval fantasy with a sorcery style magic. Not many sorcerers exist and those who do either work in service to someone or for their own gains. Magical animals that are non-intelligent may be negotiated but the focus will be on human characters and society. The countries in question may either be developed between the two of us, individually, or by me if you're really not into world-building.

The story will begin with a sort of series of vignettes starting with our characters as children meeting, getting into shenanigans as they grow-up, and throughout becoming more and more aware of the troubles in their kingdoms that they'll be expected to deal with as adults. All the while, they're going from rivals, to friends, to something more. When they reach adulthood, that's when the magical half of the plot comes in and it becomes more of a magical adventure. My current thought is one or both of our characters ending up with a curse from a sorcerer with something against their kingdoms. What that curse is and who this sorcerer is, again, may either be devises by the both of us or by me. I'm also open to hearing other ideas, provided they don't deviate too far, and I love my partners throwing in their own twists.

For characters, I would like to take the female role for this one as that's the character I originally designed. I'm looking for someone to take the male lead, specifically a feistier character who's a little more combat-oriented. I do intend for these two characters to fall in love, but I want it to be throughout the years they spend together, blossoming into some wonderful awkwardness in their teens and young adult years. As children, I want them both to have something of a rivalry and be pretty resistant to the idea of marriage. I also want them to act their age. We won't start them off too young, maybe around ten or so, but please give me a character that acts like a ten year old. I understand this isn't the easiest task in the world but I want to explore these characters growing up and maturing, something which is rather hard to do if they don't act their age.

I know that this idea is very specific but I have such a huge craving to finally play with this idea. Hopefully at least one other person out there can see the potential in it. Please PM me if you're at all interested and let's see what we can work out.

I'd gladly do this idea with you :)