Locked in a Cage (with GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

Yanaike sighed before she crawled back to the burning room. "Okay, okay..." she said. "Fine, I'll guess I'll fix it again than." She grabbed the device, joined the wires together again, closed the inner side of the mechanism and gave the device back. "There, it's all fixed again" she said. "Now, you better don't trigger it or else you plus a chunk of the wall behind you will be gone into oblivion. There's a reason I took it away from you." Somewhere the words Yanaike just said sounded familiar, as if they were told to her before. Well, whatever.
"Let's see what more you have in your jacket" Yanaike said, giggling like a little girl, she started grabbing in Reggie's pockets, curious what she would find.

While Reggie wanted nothing more than to stay asleep, he couldn't help but wake up to the sound of Yanaike rummaging through his jacket. "Yanaike, must you be so intrusive. You don't see me going through your backpack, now do you? You don't always need to be messing with something. Especially other people's property." God, she always found a way to irritate him, and frankly, her intrusiveness was kind of beginning to piss him off. Reginald now sat up and grabbed his jacket, pulling it back towards him. There's nothing in there that you would want. You already have the book, my gun is now melted in the furnace, you've already messed with my sabotage box, and I'm pretty sure you have no use for a box full of bullets."

"Here" Yanaike said as she took the backpack off from her back and held it before his head. "If you want to see my backpack, I'm fine with that." She dropped her backpack on Reggie's head and sort of climbed over his body, trying to grab the jacket. "Now, I want to see your stuff as well" she said, still pretty curious. She didn't believe that Reggie only kept a box of bullets inside his jacket and she would only be convinced of that, by seeing it with her own eyes.

Ugh, why the hell didn't he just shoot her instead of throwing the gun in the furnace? Reggie let out a groan as the back pack hit his head. "I don't want to see what's in your damn bag." Reggie tried to stand up and did so with some success. "Let's see if I can get this damn thing out of the way." using what little he had regained of his strength, he gradually pushed the coal cart out of the way, shoving open the door when it was clear. "Yana, please, just get the hell out of my sight, and for heaven's sake, please respect the privacy of others. I need to go to fucking bed." Slowly, he limped out of the burner room and into his quarters.

Without saying anything Yanaike followed Reggie to his quarters. She didn't like how Reggie kept so secretive about his personal belongings. And the more mysteriously he did about the things he kept in his jacket, the more curiosity Yanaike got. He kept a book in his jacket and even a bomb! What more could there be? Yanaike followed Reggie around through the airship until he claimed a bedroom. Yanaike walked in, laid down on the floor, curled up like a cat and fell a sleep.

Apparently Yanaike didn't know the meaning of "Get the hell out of my sight" but at least she wasn't going through his things, for the moment at least. Flopping himself down on the bed, Reggie stared at the ceiling before finally shutting his eyes. His neck started to hurt again, but he forced himself to ignore it and finally fell asleep. As much as he wanted to just have a non eventful, restorative sleep, his mind wouldn't allow it, and he soon found himself dreaming of things which were altogether strange and terrifying. Unknowingly, Reginald started to talk in his sleep, flinching, kicking, and squirming about in his bed. His murmurings were inconsistent and arbitrary to say the least. "Death approaches. The burn won't cease. a bullet in the head is a flight to heaven." It couldn't be known where he was pulling these phrases from, but it was clear that something was disturbing him.

Last edited:
Yanaike waked up in the middle of the night, because of Reggie who was apparently talking in his sleep. "Hihi" Yanaike giggled as she approached his bed to hear what he had to say. She leaned over his sleeping body, listening carefully.
"Death approaches."
Yanaike nodded. "Yeah, I can see that" she mumbled. "Your pretty old, so I guess it's okay to worry about these kind of things?"
"The burn won't cease."
Again Yanaike nodded understandingly, even though she had no idea what Reggie meant with that. So, she just wrote his quote down on a small notebook she'd grabbed in a fraction of a second.
"A bullet in the head is a flight to heaven."
"Okay, okay" Yanaike said. "So it seems you believe in the concept of heaven and hell? Interesting..." She draw two half squares on her piece of paper. Putting the words 'heaven' and 'hell' in the two circles. She waited for what more he had to tell during his sleep.

What was wrong with him? The spouts of arbitrary nonsense weren't stopping. "Iconoclast....Monuments will fall....outlaws become law." He kicked and squirmed some more, the on the spot treatment of his neck wound had been jarred as a result and a small trickle of blood started to flow down his neck, soaking into the sheets and comforter of the bed. "Young woman....not ordinary....persists to end..." What the everloving fuck was he saying. None of it was anything that made sense. "Nec Aspera Terrent"

Yanaike kept nodding as she kept writing his quotes down on paper. 'Iconoclast', 'monuments will fall', 'outlaws become law'. It looked like he was making some kind of prediction for the future. 'Young woman, not ordinary' Hmm... this made more sense. He might be talking about her. '...persists to end?' Huh? Did Yanaike persist to end something? The last quote that came out of his mouth was 'Nec Aspera Terrent', the name of the ship.
"Okay" Yanaike said. "Now would you be able, even though you're sleeping, to make some cohesion in your story? What exactly do you think is going to happen?"

It was as though somehow Yanaike's words were able to permeate through the ether of Reggie's troubled slumber and command him. Of course, Reginald had no idea he was doing any of this. "Bad men...threaten history....marvels crumble....treasure plundered...outlaws become law...Nec Aspera Terrent...young woman persists...Fire erupts...burn won't cease...." It was starting to seem like his mumblings were now forming a more coherent stream of thought, but that stream seemed to be dammed up in some places. Again he started to squirm, parts of his arm crossing into the puddle of blood on the sheets.

Yanaike wrote it down, in his order.
"So, who are those 'bad man'?" she asked curiously. She hoped just asking questions would give her some kind of answer. She noticed Reggie was bleeding, but did not really pay attention to that, since his story was now far more interesting.

At this point, Reggie had stopped talking, but he was still squirming. His bleeding had now slowed some, but his skin had taken on a lighter pallor. After a moment, he had stopped, and his murmurings had become seemingly prophetic whisperings. "Organization....crime lords...propagate agenda..." The blood loss had now gotten to him, and he fell silent, skin pale and clothes soaked with blood.

Yanaike felt she had to do something to stop the bleeding. "Reggie?" she spoke silently. Was she supposed to wake him up? But he was sleeping so peacefully! He was dreaming about all kinds of nice things like fire and burning and an apocalypse. Wait! She remembered how Reggie taught her what to do to stop the bleeding. In a flash Yanaike ran to the coal deposit, which was still opened, grabbed a piece of coal and in a flash Yanaike was back at his quarters. She rubbed the coal into the wound. Then she ripped Reggie's clothes apart and used the material to try bounding around the wound. She sighed when she was done. It didn't really look perfect, but it was the best Yanaike could do. Why couldn't Reggie just stop bleeding? It was very annoying how Yanaike had to heal him all the time.

Apparently, the coal must've irritated the wound, as Reggie soon awoke, still in pain. "Ergh..." He moved his hand, feeling it move through the blood. "Dammit. Bleeding again." He moved his hand to his neck. feeling more of the coal and his clothing. Reggie flipped over onto his back, seeing Yanaike there. "I assume you had something to do with this?" he asked with a smile as he put his hand back to his neck. "You know, you really are a good woman, you know that? Strange, yes, but good." He let his head fall back against the pillow of the bed. Weak once more.

"Can't you stop bleeding for once?" Yanaike asked, slightly annoyed. She folded her arms into each other and her face looked strict. "I hate having to heal you all the time!" The strict face quickly made place for a more curious expression. "Now, what were you dreaming about?" she asked, quoting a few of the lines he said and which Yanaike had written down on her paper: "Bad men treaten history, marvels crumble, treasure plundered, outlaws become law? What does that mean?" Meanwhile she wagged around a bit with her tail, with the end of her tail sometimes coming close to Reggie's face.

"Stop bleeding? Oh come on now, it was only twice. But anyway, thank you for fixing me up." He thought for a moment to see if he could remember anything that he had said, all the while his eyes moving back and forth, watching her tail. "I don't recall saying anything. But if I actually did say those things, and they hold true, then things will get very interesting very soon. I don't really remember dreaming, but something must have caused me to say those things. Who knows?"

Reggie's reaction was completely different than what Yanaike expected. If someone would tell her she had said these things in her sleep. She would, in the first place, argue whether she'd really said those things. And if so, she would probably react very different. Reggie sounded interested, where as for Yanaike, she would probably be more worrying what she had on her mind during her sleep.
Yanaike's tail came closer to Reggie's face, now more or less rubbing beneath his nose.
"So?" she asked meanwhile. "Just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the name of this ship? Nec Aspera Terrent?"

Reggie was about to answer, but Yana's tail obviously had other ideas. Unable to hold it in, he let out multiple sneezes, making a playfully scorning face at Yanaike. "Let's uh, let's keep the tail away from my nose, shall we?" With the palm of his hand, he pushed her tail away from his face. "Now, as for where I got the name for the ship: It's an old saying, meaning fear no difficulties. This ship will last us quite a while, provided you don't pull anymore of your mid-air stunts, and this thing will keep us alive. We must fear no hardship if we want to succeed, and I do suppose that is a little ironic given what I said earlier about wanting to give up."

Yanaike didn't really understand the explanation of the old saying. She drew her tail back though, as it seemed it bothered Reggie. "I think I'll be fixing the mechanics for now" she said as she left Reggie's room. She went in the direction of the control room, but got distracted by a bunch of strange man-looking creatures made out of metal and gears, standing on her route. "What's this?" she said to herself as she came closer to the mechanical men. She silently sneaked closer by the back of one of the mechanical men. When she was close enough she touched it with her tail, followed by a high-voice 'heep'-like sound, at which she quickly ran back to hide behind a wall. From behind the wall she carefully watched the men. They didn't respond to her touching them. She again, sneaked closer to them and now rubbed with her tail under the place where there nose would be? She waited for them to sneeze, but unlike Reggie they did not respond to her tail rubbing.
"What are these?" Yanaike asked herself. "Completely mechanical, but still very human-like." She grabbed her screwdriver, ready to analyze the mechanical men from inside out.

With Yanaike off doing, well whatever she was going to go do, Reginald have contemplated going back to sleep, but figured that probably wasn't the best of ideas with all the nonsense he had been spouting when asleep. Instead, he simply lay there and waited until he felt better, which he wish would happen already. In an effort to keep himself occupied, he let his mind wander to thoughts of more battles, bigger guns and cannons, and the troubling thought of whether or not Hannah was going to go blab to the police, that bitch. Speaking of guns, maybe he should go and buy one of those new automatics that he had heard people going on about. No need to pull a hammer back each time, just pull the trigger and "Bang Bang Bang!" wouldn't that be something!