Locked in a Cage (with GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

Yanaike looked up for a second. She was slightly confused. Who did he got? Not her, that was for sure. Was he gone insane? Did he start picturing things that weren't really there. It brought Yanaike to an idea. Maybe she could use her magic to drive him even more insane. Still that would not be a gurantee for escaping, but it wouldn't hurt her neither. While keeping moving through the room, Yanaike used her air magic to lift a piece of coal and let it circle around Reggie.

Okay, now things were just ridiculous, and frankly, it was pissing Reggie off. Everything was just a haze of rage and darkness induced confusion. Now add to the mix the piece of coal that was circling him. "GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!" he roared out as sporadically and arbitrarily fired all six rounds of his revolver. Right now, he really just hoped that it would hit Yanaike or something. Unfortunately, his rage only led to blackness as he felt a burning pain in his neck and his head hit the floor. The ricochet of one of his bullets had struck him in the neck, and he was gradually loosing more and more blood. Not a sound was heard from his body except the quiet trickle of blood droplets hit the floor. His revolver now lay beside his hand and his breathing had fallen into the shallow rhythm of an unconscious man.

Huh? What just happened? It even went to fast for Yanaike to follow. He'd taken his gun, he started shooting in random directions and then...
Did he shoot himself? No! That couldn't be! However slowly Yanaike figured it out. Reggie must be acting like he'd shot himself and at the moment when Yanaike would come closer he would then suddenly grab her foot or something like that. No, no, no, no! Yanaike wouldn't fall for that! She kept moving around through the room, keeping at a safe distance from Reggie's lifeless looking body.

It was an odd experience to say the least, and one that Reggie hadn't ever expected would happen to. This must be what out of body experiences are like. He felt some part of him inside start floating out of his corporeal being and hover over his body, which was leaking more and more blood from out of the wound. A disconnected sense of fear hit him, and he had a dreadful feeling that this was the end and that he had just unwillingly committed suicide. Glancing over towards where he thought Yanaike was, the disconnected spirit of Reggie saw that she wasn't doing anything to help. Why should she, all Reginald had done was treat her like shit lately, although in all honesty, she had been sabotaging his ship, so there was some justification in it.

Reggie's spirit didn't really know what to do, should he try to wake his fleshly vessel up? Or should he accept the fact that he would most likely die? What he did know, was that the body's breathing was becoming less and less, and much more shallow, which he took as an indication that he was slipping closer and closer to death.

However, as Reggie did still not respond after a while, Yanaike started to become more and more curious. Maybe he had accidentally shot himself. He was bleeding after all? It would be pretty hard to fake that? Yanaike left her hiding place and slowly approached the body. But right at that moment her ears twitched and the hairs on her tail were now standing on its end. There was a presence in this room, a spirit. It was long ago since she last had this feeling. In fact she'd only communicated with spirits once before, when her father d...
"Reggie?" she asked as she stared into a seemingly random direction where she thought the spirit's presence was coming from.

Wait, did Yana just address him? Did she not realize that he was unconscious? Although, maybe she was addressing the spirit... odd. Reggie figured that it wouldn't hurt to at least try and communicate to her, although he didn't know if it would go any better than any of his other attempts at dealing with her. "Yes Yanaike, I am here." Reggie's spirit responded. "You know uh... unless you want me to die, you might want to find something to stop my bleeding. Please?"

Reggie's response felt kind of weird. She couldn't actually hear him, but she kind of sensed what Reggie said.
"I uhm... No? I don't want you to die?" she said, even though he basically just tried to kill her. However Yanaike was very peacefully. No matter how worse her worst enemies were to her, she would never wish one dead.
"B-But what should I do? I can cast spells, but I don't really have anything for healing?" Yanaike grabbed a piece of coal and started rubbing it against Reggie's body. She wasn't sure if it would be of any help. In contrary, she was pretty sure it wouldn't help. But well... there was not much around in this room besides coal.

Well, at least she was trying, and he supposed that was all he could ask for. "Yanaike, the wound is on my neck. It's pretty visible. Break off a piece of that coal, and rub it into the wound, that should stop a good portion of the bleeding. You can rip off a piece of my clothing and use that as a bandage to wrap up the wound." He really wished that he could be doing this, but instead, he was a spirit stuck giving a young woman instructions. He could clearly see his skin turn lighter and lighter, and he knew that he was loosing to much blood. All he could do now is hope that Yanaike would do it quickly.

Yanaike did like Reggie's instructions. She used the piece of coal to rub into the wound and after that she teared Reggie's clothes apart and bound the clothes around the wound. It all looked pretty clumsy: Yanaike'd never been good at these kind of things. But at least she kind of managed to reach the goal and that was stopping most of the bleeding. Patiently she waited for Reggie to either regain his consciousness or to gave her new instructions.

"Thank you Yanaike." he said quietly as he attempted to force himself back into his body. Slowly, he managed to do so and the body of Reggie soon weakly opened his eyes, which were pointed at the revolver on the floor. "Yana" he said weakly as he wrapped his hand around the barrel of the gun, "Take this damn thing and throw it into the burner." he made a feeble attempt to slid it towards her then his head fell back against the floor. It was clear that he was to weak to do anything and it would be awhile before he would be back up to full strength.

Yanaike sighed for a while. She did like Reggie asked her to do and threw the gun in the burner. A boom sound could be heard and it lit up the burner for a while. Then she returned to Reggie's side. She hadn't enough power to push the coal cart aside and as long as Reggie hadn't regained his strength it looked like they would be trapped inside.
"So, what next?" she asked Reggie, a little bit unsure.

Reggie shook his head, "You know kid, I just don't fucking know. Part of me just wants to quit, call it done. This is all bullshit. My ship's mechanisms have been damage horribly, and I put damn near my life's savings into this thing. I'm near broke. Hannah left, that bitch, and for all I know, she's going to the police and we'll be arrested for murder and piracy. To wrap it all up, I wound up shooting myself in the goddamn neck." he let out a sigh and let his cheek rest against the cold floor. "Yanaike, up in the corner of the room is a grate leading to the ventilation ducts, you can escape through there. If you're going to move on with your life, I suggest you do it now."

It was surprisingly how well Reggie knew the ship's layout, even until the finest details. He even knew where ventilation shafts were, even though Yanaike hadn't spotted them yet.
"I think I can repair all damage I've caused" Yanaike mumbled. "But only on the condition that you treat me as a real member of your crew. I think I can understand why you were mad at me, but you have to understand that I like experimenting with technical stuff like the ship's mechanics and things like that and uh... An-And you need to respect me and treat me like an adult and... okay?" Yanaike was just brabbling and she wasn't even sure if Reggie had heard everything she'd said, but one thing was for sure and that was that she still loved to give this pirate life another chance.

Reggie didn't really have the energy to be discussing with her, but he supposed that these were matters that needed to be sorted out. "Yanaike, I don't mind you tinkering with the ship, just let me know before you do it, and for heaven's sake, don't do it while we're in flight. I have no problem treating you as an adult and crew member, you just need to act like one and realize that aboard a ship performing operations such as this, a hierarchy needs to be established." Damn, just getting that out exhausted him. "Please, let me rest, I'm god awful tired."

Yanaike completely ignored Reggie last sentence and kept discussing with him.
"But... you see, I'm not an average adult. I'm hihi..." Yanaike giggled for a moment. "Well, I uh... Nevermind" Yanaike added quickly. What did adult mean? Was it just a title to mark someone's age class, or had it something to do with someone's character? The one thing she knew for sure was that normal humans treated some people like an adult and other people, usually children, like children, which kind of meant they were less serious towards them. However Yanaike never conscidered herself a normal human. Her behavior was more animal-like and she might act more like a child than like an adult. She wanted to be taken serious however!

"Woman, as far as I've seen, there is nothing average about you. Now, whether that's for better or for worse, I have no idea. Can we please continue this some other time, I'm exhausted just trying to talk to you." Reggie had no idea how long it took for the body to regenerate blood cells, but he did know that eventually he needed to get his neck taken care of by a doctor. He let out a breath and shut his eyes, wishing that he could just be able to move again.

"Okay then..." Yanaike mumbled. "I'll let you rest." She came a little closer to Reggie. Now, was the perfect opportunity to study this mysterious tool he kept in his jacket. Yanaike felt in his pockets and found the little device. As a monkey with a banana, Yanaike ran away and seated down in another corner of the room. There she took her screwdriver and opened the device. She was kind of amazed by the technology she found inside. Most of the inventions she had seen before worked with gears and steam, but this device had lots of small wires inside, and she was not even sure where the device would get it's power from. At least Yanaike could conclude that the wires were ordered in a very strange way. There was a loop inside the wires. She compared it to a loop of gears. If there would be a loop of gears inside a device, the gears would be either impossible to make the gears moving, or the mechanism would crash. Hmm... Maybe that was where the wires were for? Would it make something crash? Fascinating!

Oh god, of course she would grab the fucking device. "Yanaike, I'm warning you right now, you mess with any of those wires, you, plus a chunk of the wall behind you will be gone into oblivion. You would be wise to put it down. There's a reason I've kept it away from you." Dammit, was she always so intrusive. Can't an injured man rest and not have to worry about somebody digging around in their pockets? "That box is used for sabotage, and I'll say it again, you mess with anything in there, and it's bye bye Yanaike."

"No worries" Yanaike said. "I know what I'm doing." She cut two wires loose, breaking the loop inside the device. "Now, nothing can happen" she said happily. She looked further inside the device. "Now I just have to find how to trigger this thing?" She became bored pretty quickly. "Ah, whatever" she said as she threw the device back to Reggie. "I think I'll be doing some adjustments to the airship first" She climbed back to the part where the wires were located and started fixing some stuff.

What, why the hell did she just do that? "Yanaike, why in the world did you just do that? Do you know how valuable of an asset that could have been? That device alone can disable an airship no problem, and you just up and made it useless." Damn she could be irritating. Can't she just leave well enough alone. Oh whatever, Reggie didn't have the energy to argue with her, and he finally fell asleep, hoping that when he woke up that the ship would still be intact.