Locked in a Cage (with GaiusGermanicusBloodsoak)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Goyops grabbed the book that he carried under his hand, opened it somewhere in the middle and took a loose piece of paper out of it. "Rule 17 of the Piece Treaty of Sheffville states that all object(s) on landowner's land belonging to someone else, can be claimed by the landowner. Claimed objects can either be handed over to the landowner as registered in a contract or the landowner can take these object(s) by force." Goyops handed over the piece of paper to the man with the orange coat. "I hereby claim your airship as mine. Sign below this contract please!" Goyops also handed over a fancy steampunk-like pen so that the man could sign the contract.

"Hold on, what the fuck?" Reggie exclaimed. Surely this wasn't happening! No, no this was not about to happen. He had just spent millions on this ship, there was not a chance in hell he was going to just hand it over. Come on brain, please come up with something. Dammit, he didn't have his gun, so he couldn't put one in this guy's head. Due to Yanaike's earlier "Experiments" the ship wasn't currently capable of flight. 'GOD. FUCKING. DAMMIT!!' with a sigh of resignation, Reginald signed the paper, but still held it firmly in his hand. "Surely there is another way that we can go about this. I can't simply just let this ship go."

"No!" Goyops said determined. "Rules are rules! Now, hand over that piece of paper!" In a few seconds he would estimate the value of the airship, then he would dismantle every single part and bring the parts of the airship back to his working factory.

---

But before Reggie had the chance to hand over the piece of paper, or before the long and odd looking man got the chance to take it from him, Yanaike had snatched the signed contract out of Reggie's hands. As a monkey with a banana Yanaike ran away, towards the wreckage of the second airship and she seated on top of it, carefully reading the contract.
"This is boring" she concluded. "Lots of letters, but not an interesting story. It's even worse than the manual of the Yanamen...!"

---

Goyops got irritated by the little girl. Who does she think she is? Goyops could easily crush that girl with just using one single hand. Does she not realize that? Slowly Goyops starts losing it's temper.

Holy hell, for once, Yana's childish behavior actually came in handy. Yes! Thank you Yanaike! Doing his best not to laugh, Reggie casually stuck his hands in his pockets. "Yeahhh.... good luck getting that back from her. You see, she doesn't like taking orders, so really, there's not a whole lot that I can do." He couldn't help but smile a bit. All he could do was hope that the man didn't vent his frustration out on him.

He had to do something, and he had to do it quick. With a mental "Fuck it." he slammed the door shut and latched it tight, making sure that all the locks on it were as firmly shut as they could be. This should at least buy him some time, seeing as how he would have to have an elephant created out of dynamite to burst through it. "Okay, I have some time, but not a lot, I need to hurry." That being established, he rushed into the coal room and saw the gears lying on the floor. Those would definitely need to be put back, so he set about doing that. Luckily, seeing as how he had worked aboard airships for many years, he knew a thing or two about them, and it was now serving him well. It took a few minutes, but he finally put them back in their proper place.

Reginald could hear Goyops pounding at the door, and it only spurred him to go faster. The next order of business was to get the burners firing and the balloon inflated. Grabbing a nearby shovel, he hurriedly shoveled some more coal into the burners so that they would have some extra get-up-and-go. The fires were burning hot, and the balloon was now inflating, but not fast enough dammit! This was going to take time, and that was something he wasn't sure he had.

Last edited:
Once Goyops got an idea, he would stick to that idea. He was thumbing against the walls of the airship. "Come out!" he screamed in anger. "Get out!" There was no use however, since the walls of the airship didn't gave an inch. But as stubborn as Goyops was, he kept trying to break the wall. "If I get you in my hands... I'll crush your whole skelet'n and I even go further, trapping even your soul."

---

Yanaike wasn't afraid of the large man at all. He was screaming all kind of random sentences about how he would crush a skeleton and stuff like that. But, mwah, Yanaike figures he was just bluffing. And besides he was talking about Reggie and not about her.
So, Yanaike, as naive as she was, got the idea to give the large man back the little piece of paper she snatched out of Reggie's hands. Yanaike didn't like that paper anyway and if a dumb little piece of paper with some rules on it would be were this man was making such a fuss about, Yanaike wouldn't care giving it back to him.
"Here you go" she said as she sneaked up on the large man. He moved around, slightly surprised. Yanaike pulled out her hand with the paper sticking in to it. "You can have it back!"

The thumping had stopped. Did the big fucker finally give up? Reggie certainly hoped that was the case and he also hoped that he and Yanaike could get the hell out of there. Finally the burners had gotten all fired up and the balloon was starting to inflate. All he had to do was grab the girl and they could make their escape! Problem was, he needed to open the door to grab her, and he wasn't sure if the man was still standing in front of the ship. Hell, he didn't even know if Yana was still sitting on top of the scrapped ship. Dammit, what was his plan going to be? Well, he could still get the ship elevated then drop down the rope ladder. Eh, it was just as good as anything else, so he might as well.

All he had to do now was pull the lever and the ship would start gaining altitude, so Reginald rushed into the control room and did just that. The ship began to rise, and Reggie flung open the door when he was about 10 feet off of the ground. "Hey Yana! You better start running! I'll drop a ladder when your far enough away!"

Apparently the large man had now lost his anger. He still looked rather confused, but he seemed okay now.
"You're a good girl" he said. He put his hand forward and petted Yanike, which was pretty awkward, but nonetheless Yanaike liked it. "You know," he continued. "You were the first person ever being nice to me. Even my parents treated me like shit."
Yanaike didn't really know what she could say. She was never good at showing compassion and she didn't know how to please him either.
"Uhm... I feel sorry for you, I guess" Yanaike said as she turning her tail around one of her legs and fiddled on the edge of her white dress nervously.
Suddenly she realized how the airship had already lifted a couple of feet into the air and how it was floating away from their location. Reggie was sticking out of the ship, shouting to her:
"Hey Yana! You better start running! I'll drop a ladder when your far enough away!"
And so Yanaike started running in the direction where the airship was going, leaving the large man behind. Wait! Yanaike abruptly stopped her running.
"Wait!" she yelled. She realized. Even his parents treated him like shit? No-one had ever been nice against him? He must have felt so lonely! And yet Yanaike was leaving him behind, even though she had felt lonely as well, so many times before.
"Wait wait wait!" she exclaimed to Reggie. "Can he come with us as well?"

Hold on a moment, she was wanting to bring him along? Why...what in the world... ah to hell with it, surely she had a reason for doing this. Reggie just hoped that she knew why the hell she was doing this. Then again, the man hadn't shown himself to be unreasonable, so maybe there was something to this. Reginald ran back to the control room, dropping the ship back down onto the field. He stepped out of the ship, facing Yanaike with his arms crossed. "Please tell me you have a reason for doing this." He looked over at the man, then motioned for him to come over to where they were. "What caused this sudden change of heart Yanaike?"

Wait! What? Was this real? It cost a moment of time for Goyops to realize how the same man which he was yelling at a while ago how he would crush his face, was now putting his airship back on the ground. This girl, apparently called Yanaike, seemed to have lots of influence on this man. But, now there was still one problem. Goyops had almost never ever raised his feet of the ground. Even when he was sleeping, his legs were always sticking out below the sheets of the bed and reaching the floor, keeping in indirect contact with the ground at anytime. The only time Goyops had raised his feet, he'd became sick and after that he'd promised never to do it again. In other words, he would never be able to join the airship.
"Hold on" Goyops said. "What makes you think I want to join you?"
"Ah come on" she heard Yanaike reply. "We are one big group of friends! You don't want to stay lonely all your life, don't you?"
Goyops was never easily convinced, however Yanaike had made a good point.
"Okay, fine" he said as she slowly approached the air ship. "I'll come." He turned his head in the direction of Reggie. "If that's fine by you of course?"

Reggie simply shrugged, "Hey, might as well have you come aboard. Yanaike here isn't that much of a great conversationalist. Besides, she doesn't like to listen to me." He said teasingly, although Yana still didn't seem to grasp the concept of a hierarchy on the ship. "This here ship is the Nec Aspera Terrent and we could use some extra help around here." Reginald just hoped he didn't ask about pay, because so far, they weren't exactly making any money with this. Speaking of money, Reggie really did need to buy a new gun."So big guy, you wanna hop aboard or not?"

"Of course" Goyops responded. "Just a single question before I hop onto board? What will be my payment?"
Money was very important for Goyops. He had worked his whole life, bought land with it, let farmers live on his land and earn money by them paying their taxes. He wanted to have a clear kind of contract in which was stated how much money Goyops would earn each hour.

Shit, of course, of bloody course he would ask about that. "Well, you see, there is no set pay. We make our money by selling what we scavenge and salvage from the wreckage of ships. In fact, we have a cargo hold full of such items right now that we are on our way to sell. Once that is done, the money from that will be split up. Now, I have a question for you, big guy. What is your name?"

"You know that's illegal, right?" Goyops said, as she slowly approached the man with the jacket, slightly threatening.

Reginald smirked, "What, do you take us for, Pirates? Cause you'd be right. But you know, what the cops don't know don't get you arrested. Besides, the money's good and the work is fun and challenging. Now, are you going to be a mister goody-two-shoes, or are you going to get aboard the ship and start a career of money and adventure?" The big guy in front of him needed to lighten up and relax a bit.

"Pirates?" Goyops asked. "I'm not sure... it seems like a pretty dangerous thing. And I'm quite sure the work will be variable, which I don't really like either."

---

"Maybe we can give you a trial-period?" Yanaike asked enthusiastically. It seemed like the perfect idea. He could join them for, maybe a few days, and after that he could always leave if the whole pirate-idea wouldn't be his kind of thing. Even though Yanaike was pretty sure he would like it. What was there not to like in a life full of adventure, meeting new people and stealing goods for survival? "What do you think of it, Reggie?"

Reginald nodded his approval. "Yeah, you work with us for a few days, and if you don't like it, then you can be on your merry way and forget this all happened. It's not like we're gonna rat you out to the police or anything. Besides, you know how the saying goes, 'There's more honor among thieves than diplomats.'" Reggie leaned against the doorway of the ship, arms crossed, waiting for the man to give his answer.

"Okay than, I'll come" Goyops said. He walked to the entrance of the ship. With both his hands he grabbed a metal hand grip sticking out of the ships hull. His hands, arms, legs and feet were all shaking. This would be the first time Goyops would be leaving the ground for a long while. Carefully he placed one foot aboard of the ship, while he kept his other feet forced to the ground. In this weird posture he blocked most of the entrance, possibly only Yanaike would be able to squeeze through right now. His face expression was pretty weird. On the one hand it was clear that he looked kind of scared to enter the airship, but on the other hand he tried to cover his face expression as he didn't want to make Yanaike nor the man with the jacket note how he was pretty scared.

Okay... what the heck was this guy doing? Was he scared or nervous to get aboard the ship. "Uh, okay, guy, anytime now." Huh, imagine that, a guy as big this one, afraid to enter an airship. "It's not all that bad, being aboard an airship. Once we get up and moving, it's just like being on the ground, as long as you don't look out of a window."

Yanaike giggled as, whatever the large man was doing, it looked pretty funny. She squeezed through between his legs.
"Come in" Yanaike said. "It's pretty nice inside. There are lots of buttons you can press and lots of levers you can pull over!"

---

It took Goyops some time but he finally managed to enter the ship. "There I am" Goyops said, as she was rather proud of himself. He stood with both his feet firmly pressed to the floor of the airship, knowing well that the most difficult part, the flying, had still to begin.

Okay, the man was now in, so now they could finally take off. Shutting the heavy metal door and latching it securely. "Alright everyone, all we have to go do now is take off and go sell what we salvaged." That being said, Reginald went into the flight cabin, sat down, and made preparations for take off, which really weren't all that much, seeing as how the burners were still fired and the balloon was still mostly inflated.

Soon enough, they large ship lurched forward and took off into the air, gaining altitude at a steady pace.