Living A New Life

Rox sat down and sighed as she waited for Trixie to come back.

Knox stood up and walked around when he noticed a rather human looking girl. She didn't look completely human, but human nevertheless. Cautiously he went up to her, "Hi, um...I'm Knox," he looked at her with bright orange eyes.

Trixie came to the lunch table.
"Sorry, the line took so long," she told Rox, "There are alot more creatures here than I expected. " She turned to see someone new in the group. "Hi, I'm Trixie! Who and what are you?" Trixie giggled. She liked her joke, but she was serious. She found that at this school, there were alot of types she'd never met before.

The young man twisted to face Trixie, who carried an air of mischievous around her. His mouth stretched into a wider smile and he opened his eyes. "Hi, Trixie, I'm Nagasaki Sekitan, call me Sekki." He just realised that he had said this to Adri, so she probably heard. "As for what, I'm a Selkie-Nokken hybrid. I can transform into a seal or horse and some.. other powers." Those other powers were seduction, hydrokinesis and hypnotism, but he neglected to mention that, just in case people began judging him. He also didn't know that it wasn't normal to see what he sees when he opens his eyes, which was the whole universe. He just thinks he's light sensitive - to the constant supernovas that he sees.

(Ooc: well, if it's lunchtime, then I can have her go to the lunchroom :) )

Andri felt like a goof when she realized that it wasn't class time, it was lunchtime! And she was late for lunch!

She got up and hurried to the lunchroom, hoping that she wasn't too late to eat. To her relief, she wasn't very late at all actually.

She sat alone at a table. At the table across from her, several people were sitting and speaking to each other. Friends? I could use some of those- Andri shook her head. She couldn't think like that... She had to remember that friends just meant pain in the end... But would it be better to have friends and lose them one day, or to never have them at all?

Andri sighed. That was a question that she could never answer, even after a thousand years. Deep down, she did want and need friends. But she'd never admit it to herself...

She pulled out the lunch she had packed and sighed as she began to eat (after checking it for poisons, which made a few people give her strange looks).

Even if she did need friends, she wasn't good at introducing herself or starting conversations. Especially not after centuries of trying to push people away... She decided that if she was going to have friends, they would have to begin the friendship, not her...if people wanted to try to befriend her, fine, but she wasn't going to go out looking for friends. They would have to come to her

((Might as well join the others in lunch.)) Orfeo checked his schedule as he walked. For a moment he considered skipping it. His stomach rumbled not to, so he headed toward the lunchroom, following the small map printed on the back of the schedule. He entered and wondered for a moment why the line was so short. I suppose it's because I came late. As he grabbed his lunch he glanced around the cafeteria. Where to sit?... He spotted a nearly empty table with only one girl seated there. Seems as good a seat as any. He thought as he headed over and sat down.

Andri glanced warily up at him a moment, suspicious of people in general (well, suspicious of everything really), but then looked back down at her food and continued to eat quietly. She wasn't one to initiate conversations, especially not with new people. So she stayed quiet, wondering if he would try to start a conversation with her.

Orfeo glanced at the girl sitting across the table from him. He wondered why she was so quiet. Some people are like that, I suppose.. He let out a yawn and stretched before speaking up. "Are you new here as well?" He took a sip of water before returning his gaze to her.

"Yeah," Andri said, "Kinda. You?" Wow. Three words, how talkative and welcoming, she scolded herself mentally.
She just wasn't used to too much conversation. Plus, she was always wary of new people, since so many people were out to get her. "Sorry..." She sighed. "Not used to talking much... I'm not used to conversations or anything past small talk..."

He shrugged, dismissing her apology. "I don't expect any more from you than you do from yourself." He loved speaking cryptically throughout the ages it peeved people to no end, if it bothered her, it was just another to add to the list. If not... He thought it better not to get his hopes up, higher expectation tended to lead to larger disappointment. "I'm Orfeo by the way, and yourself?" He asked with an amicable smile on his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andri rose her eyebrow a bit at the slightly cryptic language choice and decided to try her Old English on him, (old english/Shakespearean was used around maybe 1100 AD) to see how far back he could go, and maybe get an idea of how old he is. "pleas'd to meet thou. Mine name is Andri."

(Ooc: If you want Orfeo respond in old english/Shakespearean: http://lingojam.com/shakespearean )

So, not the response I expected, but I'll play her game. "Thou hast an interest in this way of speaking as well? I always thought 'twas quite refin'd myself." Orfeo said with a knowing smile, hoping she'd realize he was onto her. This makes things a bit more interesting. (( OOC: Thanks, I was going to wing it, the site was a help :) ))

This actually brought a slight smile on Andri's face. Perhaps a smirk. Or somewhere in between. "Well, twas mine original manner of speaking, after all," she said, hinting at her age, which was over 1000 years old. She wondered how old he was. Maybe he was older than he seemed too.

"I'd ask your age, but , you know, manners and all." Age didn't matter so much as the tumultuous time he was born into wasn't even recorded. Now, how interesting the person in question is, on the other hand was the most important to him. "Though it's obvious you aren't as old as you appear to be.' He muttered, accidentally saying his thoughts aloud.

"And neither are you, it seems," Andri smiled slightly. "Well, I'll tell you how old I am if you tell me how old you are.
"I stopped counting around 1000. Today is actually my birthday, but you probably understand how after so many, I don't really give a shit any more."

He laughed at this. "Well, happy birthday nonetheless." He stopped and thought for a moment. How old am I.. He never really thought of this. he was alive when creatures such as vampires hadn't yet evolved to look like humans. When creatures ruled the earth. Were there even years back then? He wasn't sure. "Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue.. " He answered as best he could.

"I don't blame you. So, if you don't mind me asking, what's your deal? You immortal, really slow aging, non-human, what?"

"Funny, I was about to ask you that. I suppose you would call me a purified vampire. Not as in I became human again, but more like I'm not tainted by the dark as normal ones are.' He said thoughtfully. "And you? I've been trying to figure it out this whole time, I'm stumped." He chuckled softly and took another sip of water.

Andri chuckled. "Just cursed. In short, a demigod attacked my original village, I killed him, his mother (a god) cursed me to outlive everyone I ever love. Friends, family, significant others- so many people I have outlived or had to leave. Mainly I spend my time going after evil creatures and trying to find and kill that damn god who cursed me."

a human looking man (17, bone white skin, 6ft 5 black hair and double colored eyes of red and gold. body hidded my by alarge black trench coat) went in the front doors and entered the office to register

"I suppose that's one way to spend your time.." I used to be like that too when I was younger.. We're not too dissimilar. "Killing a god seems quite the task." Orfeo ran a hand through his hair before downing the rest of his water.