Living A New Life

"Indeed. I'll never forgive her for what she's done to me. Another even vouched for me and tried to make her remove the curse, but she refused... If I kill her, I'm not sure what will happen. My theories are that I'll stay immortal, or I'll turn to dust as my age catches up with my physical body. So either I continue living for all eternity, or I die along with her.
"And at this point, either is fine."

I suppose she hasn't lived enough to understand, or perhaps I just have an abstract view on life.. I suppose a bit of both. "So your goal in life is possibly your death? What a grim outlook." He sighed, pitying the girl before him. Eternal life is not so horrible to be squandered as such, surely she must realize that. To let such a light go out for something as childish as revenge. What a shame. He shook his head slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andri sighed. "Yes... I've been alive over a thousand years. For a thousand years I've watched every loved one I've ever had grow old and die before my eyes. So many times... That I am not phased by the possibility of my death.
"It isn't just revenge I'm after. I hunt down and kill all evil creatures, to make sure they can never hurt anyone again. To me, finding and killing this goddess is the ultimate hunt. Who knows if I'm the only one she's mercilessly cursed? I want her dead. I never want her to be able to curse anyone else like she has me. I want to stop her, for good, so that she can never hurt anyone like she has hurt me.
"Besides," she scoffed a bit bitterly. "Not like I have anything or anyone to really live for.
"And who knows what is after death? Perhaps I'll see all my loved ones again, if there is an afterlife."

"Perhaps. But all of that isn't really-. Nevermind, we could debate back and forth as long as we want, we'll most likely never reach an agreement. Our experiences obviously vary far too much to see eye to eye on this matter." If she's conviced herself that that is her best course of action, who am I to tell her that's wrong? It seems to me she's simply living in the past and refusing to move on, but who knows, I might be wrong. He took a bite of the bread on his plate, giving himself an excuse not to further debate.

She sighed. "Well, what about you? Are you immortal? What about your experiences? Don't you outgrow most if not all of your loved ones, too?" She sipped her drink. "How do you deal with it?"

Orfeo swallowed the piece of bread and made a face as if to say You really want to keep going. "You live for them, enjoy your life as they would have. Don't throw it all away on revenge against a god, or whatever supposedly noble cause people fight for. I'm sure more than anything your dead loved ones wouldn't want that, you move on and honor their unspoken wish." He said and took a deep breath afterwards. "Is that a good enough answer to get us off the subject?" Orfeo asked with a half-assed smile on his face.

Andri opened her mouth to answer, but then closed it. That was...something to think on. "I-I've honestly never... Considered that... I-You're right though, they wouldn't want this for me..." She frowned and hugged herself, furrowing her brows. After a moment, she cocked her head and looked at it. "All this time I've played right into the goddess's hands. This is exactly what she wanted to do to me, to make me suffer, to make me wish for death but never to be able to have it. To always suffer...all these years, I've let her curse devour me... And that's exactly what she wanted.

"Perhaps it's time I stopped letting this fucking curse take me over. She wants me to suffer. So what would spite her more, what would make the curse backfire more... Than if I actually found a way to be happy despite it?

"Well, then first things first I should find friends..."

Orfeo reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Well, You've got me." He grinned and stood up. " I would imagine class is starting soon, what do you have after lunch?" Orfeo pulled his schedule from his pocket and examined it. The meaning of my name wasn't only limited towards creatures of the dark, darkness of the mind as well..

Andri flinched at his touch. "Sorry... I'm not comfortable with physical contact really... But anyway, I have... Precal Algebra next."

Orfeo laughed and pulled his hand back. "No, No its my fault, I probably shouldn't go around touching people I just met." That didn't sound creepy at all.. He read his schedule. "Alright, same here, shall we?" He gestured forward.

She laughed and threw away her trash then followed him. "Yes," she said a bit more seriously. "You shouldn't touch people without permission. Some people freak out, and if I didn't know who you were, I could have accidentally broken your arm."

"That would be true, if we're under the assumption I have sub-par reflexes." He said with a wink and a smirk. He continued on, and headed up the stairs, assuming she'd keep up.

She kept up and shrugged. "Don't count me out on being able to do it. I may be human, but don't assume I'm incapable of such a thing."

"So you make friends by telling them you can break their limbs? Fun." He playfully stuck his tongue out at her. As they reached the top of the stairs he asked. "Room 108, correct?'

"Yeah, 108." She chuckled. "Hey, you'd understand if you knew how many bounties were on my head. I'm suspicious and paranoid of pretty much anyone, but Considering last time I counted there were at least 20 bounties out for me, I have every right to be."

Trixie realized she had been staring at the two and walked away. She needed some time to think so she said bye to everyone, spread her wings, and flew around the school, hoping to find a place to meditate.

"Well, excuse me miss popular. I didn't know I gave off the Bounty Hunter vibe" He said with a grin as he entered room 108.

"Trust me, after all these years I've learned that anyone could be a bounty hunter. I befriended one once. Ended up having to kill her when I realized she was trying to capture or kill me. It was pretty fucking painful."