Little Chi-chan.

She followed after cautiously, stopping at the new doorway with a small gasp as she saw the wretched machine and the bodies attached to it. Half dead forms watched her, looking unbearable of the soul sucking device's power for much longer. It made her sick to her stomach and she couldn't bring herself to step forward any further. The scene caused flashes of a memory she couldn't identify; a familiar environment, but it was unknown to her as to when it may have occurred, or if it was real or not.

Victoria closed her eyes before they could reveal too much of the truth behind these strange machines, before she went mad with the knowledge that was suddenly forced into her mind without her understanding it. Still, the damage was done as she now knew exactly what the machines were for, not to mention the identities of the people hooked up to the repulsive machine, and what kind of future avaited them. She felt her stomach starting to reject its contents because of the knowledge that was passed onto her, but fought with every ounce of willpower she had to fight her body's reaction.

"Is this not to your liking, foolish woman? After all, I have revealed my plan, and now all of its details are here for you to see, all of its details have been imprinted in your mind the moment your altered eyes looked at the machine. Yes, these people are merely sacrifices for a greater goal, they are merely tools to fight the Opposition, servants that are not even mere pawns, yet possess more power than any soldier of the Opposition ever could. So, little girl..." said the man called Moira, turning towards Chiemi. "What do you say I introduce you to what one of these is capable of?"

She shook her head. "Why do you need this? The opposition are just humans, you should instantly be stronger than them anyways.." She stopped, never looking directly at him. Maybe that was it exactly; he's power hungry. He'd kill anyone and feed off their energy, no hesitation left. Stop scaring yourself. She thought to herself, leaning slightly against the doorway.

"Little girl, there are always two sides to an equation, especially if that equation is the lawas of motion. Force equals mass times acceleration, and while I may possess knowledge and power far beyond of a human, but the Opposition has numbers, countless meatshields, not to mention their pawns or those who control them, and I have not seen in person. They may very well possess the same powers as us, fighting with the same element they seek to destroy, like hypocrates who believe that they can make a pact with the darkness and come out victorious," said the man called Moira, then shook his head. "The Indescribable should be embraced, and the Opposition should learn its lesson about the ways of the world, but very few are willing to set foot on a path that is so close to insanity."

Meaningful silence descended upon the group as Victoria still fought to supress her body's reaction, and Moira let his statement linger in the air as he entered a few more commands into the console. Slowly, the machines with the countless dead bodies hooked on it retracted into the walls, revealing a long hallway.

"So what will it be, little girl? Will you see the puppets that I made?"

The fact that the bodies were hidden within the walls must hae helped now, for after a long silence she nodded hesitantly, steppin into the room. "Fine.. Only because I need to know." She muttered, waiting for him to lead her. Eye contact wasn't present any longer, and would possibly be absent for the course of the meeting. Almost all hope of him being a sane and trusted individual had vanished within the moment the door to the room had opened for her to see. The machine's familiarity picked at her thoughts as much as the curiosity it caused. Maybe when she was younger.. Yes that was it. The facility once owned something like it. She had seen it as she was emitted into Onikado. The wretched tour had shown it as where the uncooperative juveniles and such were taken.. As with those who went too mad to control. This is a problem.. If they still have that thing also, what would he do? Gather stronger individuals to power it? More indescribable beings like Victoria..? The thoughts distracted her for a long moment, before she looked back down the long hall again. Though she had seen one before, the facility would never show someone what it was the contrapion would do to the poor tortured souls hooked to it.

"I knew you were not right in the head, Moira," said Victoria as she managed to regain her composure. "But this is beyond words. You disturbed the dead! I thought only the Opposition was insane enough to do that," said the woman, a mixture of panic and fear seeping into her words. "Please tell me that this is not real..."

"Foolish woman, you may have not realised yet, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and these people, who happened to give up their souls, make an excellent and obedient army. Or would you rather be crushed by the Opposition as if you were nothing but a tiny ant, foolish woman? Because if you seek to take the road of compassion, honour and mercy, that is the fate awaiting you, for one can not engage an enemy on a moral high ground," said the man called Moira as he continued tapping the console, to which the machines stirred, and strange, otherworldy sounds filled the air.

"You are no better than the Opposition," said Victoria bitterly, to which the man called Moira simply shrugged, a shred of humanity making its way into his body before disappearing into nothingness. The strange, Indescribable sounds that the machines made could have driven an average man insane, and they got loudes as a large, metal platform advanced down the hallway towards the trio. On the platform was a human, or more accurately, a shell of a human filled with something else other than a soul, and Victoria instinctively stepped back.

"What is that?" she asked fearfully, seeing the laws that bound the human body even through her eyelids.

"The soldier that I have created, and the being that the little girl wanted to see," said the man called Moira as he turned towards Chiemi.

"A soldier?" She looked at it with curiosity, drawing somewhat near it. "This is what the machines make?" She mused quietly, scanning it's nearly lifeless face. "Are there more of him?"

"Yes, little girl, this soldier is the final product of these machines, but unfortunately, he is the only one who managed to make it out 'alive' from the process. The other's bodies could not take the stress put on them, and they burned up amongst the Incomprehensible flames. I have yet to know what made this soldier so special that its flesh did not burn when I attempted to use the transfer procedure on him, but I will find out," said the man called Moira.

"Whatever this is..." said Victoria, disgusted with what she saw with her eyes. "You have it bound with an incredibly powerful law of reality. You will not be able to field more than a few dozen of these soldiers if you intend to control them yourself, which will be useless against the Opposition as they have numbers in the millions."

"Indeed, foolish woman, but this soldier is but the mere prototype for the beast I want to create," said the man called Moira. "Yet even he is a formidable opponent, especially for someone like the little girl here... So, what about it?" asked Moira of Chiemi. "Want to prove it to me that you are, in fact, not just a lowly servant, but someone worthy of the rank of a pawn?"

"Not really." She answered flatly, still studying the soldier he had presented. I wonder if this things completely soulless. Wonder more if it's not. It would be a surprise if it thought on it's own, like an actual living creature... It's practically atrificial after all.
Deciding to shift back into the subject, she continued. "I didn't think you the type to make a servant of someone though. Unless by servant you mean hooking me up and using me on that machine.. Unless you plan on it already." The thought hit her as she spoke. A good way to help him if she was powerful enough was to make another mindless soulder out of her. She was already in the place for it, even. Like taking a human to the graveyard post-mortem. Then, Victoria would have the same issue. Though Moira didn't seem to think of her as much of a powerful being. More as a tick.

"Little girl, making you into a soulless soldier would be as efficient as smashing a diamond with a sledgehammer because you want to get more for it. It would only shatter the diamond into countless little parts, and in the end, one would get less for the pieces than if they had sold the diamond. It would simply be a waste of your talent, little girl, not to mention that these soldiers are completely mindless, and have to be controlled directly by someone else... And while I do not look like the part, servants who obey one's orders unquestioningly always had, and will always have their use. I am a little bit disappointed in your lack of self-confidence, though," said the man called Moira, looking directly into the eyes of Chiemi.

"I don't think she has had enough time to mature whatever abilities she has," said Victoria. "And you certainly didn't help in that aspect, especially when you asked her to murder me. I know I have no chance of even coming close to understanding your logic, Moira, but would it be difficult to consider us anything but pieces on a chess board?"

"Yes, foolish woman, because it is a fitting metaphor after all. We are all but dolls, our strings tying us to some mystical force that is controlling us, and we can only watch as our comrades are slaughtered, and our lives are ended by the Opposition. Do you not think so, little girl?"

"I think I would rather be the doll than a peice of plastic confined to the space of a boardgame." She muttered, almost sighing out in an instant of annoyance. "Confidence is not all that's lacking, it's mostly control. In Onikado the scientists had created a necklace to surpress everything in me, so I was harmless as a human. Amazing what they can create, though no doubt they used someones power to make it too. It worked until recently when it broke. I'm the only thing to surpress it, but maybe I've been doing alright so far. The reddened eye is the only thing that shows it trying to escape."

"Then, little girl, those scientists are much bigger fools than I thought they were, and they have not realised that they are working against themselves by limiting your powers," said the man called Moira as he examined Chiemi more closely. "They do not even know as much about the Indescribable as the Opposition does, but still, it does make me wonder whom those absolute fools are working for, and why did they choose to set their base of operations in that place," wondered Moira, then turned towards Victoria.

"As much as I hate to admit it, foolish woman, I may need your help with turning this little girl into a pawn instead of her pitiful, vulnerable self as she is right now, which makes her barely a victim, a person located at the centre of innumerable coincidences," said the man called Moira, to which Victoria recoiled in horror.

"You... need my help?" asked Victoria, her voice shaking with fear. "But why would you need my help with something like this? You're much more powerful than I am, and you're also capable of seeing the laws that bind Chiemi."

"No, I can not see them, foolish woman, because she is unconsciously concealing them from the world, but your eyes might be able to. And then, maybe we can finally get started with the real thing," said Moira, tapping a few buttons on his console, which made the metal plate holding the soldier react, and the machinery move back into its place. "But alas, it is my opinion that we have spent enough time here."

"Pitiful?" She muttered annoyedly. The last thing I need is pity from him. She then shook off the insult guiltily as she caught the irritation, knowing it could never help the situation. She fussed with the fur of her hood and looked to Victoria for a moment. She feared Moira more than Chiemi did, it seemed. Then again, the woman must know much more of him also, so it must make sense. The ache of the thought was faint in her stomache, but she tucked it away as usual, looking away to the door and waited to be led out. Maybe there were more hidden rooms here..

The ascent towards the ground floor of the safehouse was spent silently except when Moira locked the metal panel into place once again. Not even Victoria said a word as she felt her way around the stars, gritting her teeth to keep whatever comment she had in mind to herself. However, what was even more surprising that Moira did not speak a word when they finally arrived, opting to stand in front of his bookshelves, clearly searching for something. Victoria used the silence to find a table and a chair for herself, then sat down, put her book, Legac down and opened it on the first page.

"Come here, Chiemi," said Victoria. "Maybe we can make sense of whatever it is on these pages. I presume Moira taught you how to try and read his book?"

"Of course I did, foolish woman, for what kind of a teacher would I be if I did not even cover the basics? But that is assuming she actually memorised everything I told her to," said the man called Moira, to which Victoria sighed and frowned.

After she had followed the two up the steps the girl nodded and sat at the table with Victoria. "I did as told. What is it we're looking for exactly? Excuse me for not understanding."

"I'm not sure myself," said Victoria as she opened Legac. "It's just that even though I understand the characters and the words in this book, they just don't make sense. I understand the segments, but the whole picture is missing. I can't quite put the finger on it, though. When I get close to the solution, it somehow always slips by me, so maybe you can help me," continued Victoria, tracing the first few lines of the book. "I think you should grab a pen, Chiemi, and try noting down whatever I read with the characters Moira taught you to read. Maybe that way we can make sense of Legac."

"That will be of no use, foolish woman, for you will have to understand Legac out of your own power if you wish to be a rook instead of a mere pawn, and to match me, you will need to understand even more than it is written in that book," said Moira, continuing his search amongst the shelves. "But go ahead and waste your time as you will, little girl and foolish woman, as it seems that this particular book chose a very elusive place to hide."

"Don't let Moira discourage you, Chiemi," sighed Victoria. "Let's try our best," said the woman, and then stated reading the passages out loud.

Chiemi looked back to Moira, seeing him still continuing that neverending search for whatever strange book will be shown next. Turning back she had begun expertly translated the words she rattled out from the book as they were read. The passages took some time but she had finished alongside Victoria, looking over it for a moment. "Is this some kind of biography?" She asked, glancing up to Victoria. "Past events and thoughts, maybe.."

"I don't think so. It seems more like something that comes from a history book," said Victoria as she ran her fingers through the pages. "I don't understand why it describes some events in such gruesome detail and why it simply skips everything that seems important. Perhaps it is tailored to a specific field of interest?" asked Victoria, but then sighed. "I'm sorry, Chiemi, but this didn't help me at all. I still can't understand how this is supposed to help me in any ways, or why is a bunch of random information is inserted at points."

"That is because you need to understand it by yourself, foolish woman, but of course you refuse to believe me out of spite and hatred for my person," said the man called Moira as he continued his seemingly everlasting search. "Instead of wasting your time on trying to overcome your foolish limits, you should help me locate this book, for its law can be seen by your eyes, and it appears to be quite intent to hide from me, even though its services would be required right now."

"Forget it, Moira. I'm currently trying to do something productive instead of achieving some mysterious, unknown and far away goal," commented Victoria.

"Then, maybe you could help me, little girl," said the man called Moira, turning to Chiemi. "Maybe the book is not afraid of you, so you would be able to find it. Are you willing to search for it for my sake, and yours?"

"Okay.." She had walked to the shelf, figuring that finding a book should be easier than decifering a muddled mess of one. "What's it look like?" The girl crouched, and began looking through the bottom shelf. There are a lot of books here.. Must be like finding a needle in a haystack.
"Does it have a name?"

"You should look for an incredibly large book, filling the whole shelf, little girl, the cover of which is full of blue tulips, red vines and yellow orchids. Its name is Eginnig, but be careful with it, for as harmless as it may look, it has a will of its own, and wishes to avoid me at all costs. Should you find it, hold onto it for as long as you can, and attempt to open it with all your might, and once you see the first page, start reading it. That should calm it down, and once it is pacified, you should be able to bring it to me," said the man called Moira, carefully emphasizing each detail.

"Eginnig? You don't mean..." said Victoria, clearly astonished at the man's words.

"I am not sure that she is the one, but she seems awfully close to the one I seek, and the one that's existence had not been repeated, was not repeated, is not repeated, will not be repeated, and will never have been repeated, so I am willing to take this risk. Should she succeed in her task, the little girl may become a queen, or even a king, the whole Describable and Indescribable reality bending to her will."

"And what if it doesn't succeed, Moira?"

"Then, I will attempt to save this world as I have done so many times, so that the conflict may continue until even death dies."