Little Chi-chan.

A small gasp escaped her and she slowy stepped forward to the woman. She waited a moment before cautiously kneeling at her side, looking to the blood that settled around her. It's smell was nearly overwhelming, to her at least. The crimson liquid stained the bottom of her feet as she had drawn near, and she struggled to ignore it.
"Miss..." She searched for words. Obviously she wasn't 'okay,' that would be the wrong thing to ask. "Can you move..? Speak?"

When Chiemi spoke, the woman visibly twitched, surprised by Chiemi's comment, but resisted the urge to turn towards her. She was already seriously injured, and moving would just make everything worse, so she cleared her throat.

"My right leg was pierced, so I can't move," said the woman, her voice barely louder than a whisper. "If you want to help me, find a large book restricted by chains. It is the only thing that can heal me. Hurry up, I don't know how much I have left," said the woman, her voice filled with panic and uncertainty. "If I die, you'll find a message in my right hand's compartment. Give that message to a man called Moira... you'll know when you see him."

She nodded and hurried to the bookshelf upstairs. After searching for a moment she pulled a large, chain-binded book from it's crevices, and turned back to the stairs. She basically flew down the steps with the book and sat on her knees next to the woman. She turned the book oh its side in her lap. "What do I do?"

When Chiemi knelt beside the woman, she noticed that the woman had her eyes closed, and her face had several, long scars stretching across it. Her body was not in a much better shape, as her clothes were torn at the front, revealing several bruises and possibly fractures, but her right leg was the worst. It had a large, uneven cut running through the whole of it, with a small, thin blade embedded in its tights. It was a miracle that the weapon had not hit a major vein, but even then, the wound was bleeding heavily.

"Just give it here," said the woman as she extended her left, still living arm towards Chiemi. "And stay away from the walls," added the woman. Only now did Chiemi notice that the metal panel came from a nearby wall, which had a large chunk of it missing.

Her lips pressed to a thin line as she handed the woman the binded book. The walls? The injuries had made her cringe slightly as ahe leaned away. She couldn't fathom the reason for such wounds, or what may have happened to her. She simply watched her with her pumpkin-shaded eyes, without words.

The woman grasped the book tightly in her left hand, then carefully traced the chains holding it together with her right, making sure that she did not touch the cover itself. After finishing her trace, the woman flashed a peaceful smile, and with a single movement, shattered the chains along with the book, which disintegrated into countless pages. The pages circled around the woman's body and covered her wounds, stopping the bleeding, not to mention collecting the blood around the woman, cleaning everything up. The piece of metal that was embedded in her flesh suddenly jerked backwards and flew out of the wound, nearly hitting Chiemi.

The woman stood still for a few seconds as if she expected something to happen, but when she heard nothing, she slowly stood up, still keeping her eyes closed.

"Thank you," said the woman as she checked her body for injuries. "I'm going to be okay now," said the woman, then took a deep breath. "My name's Victoria Ayers. May I get yours?"

She had swayed to the side to avoid the projectile metal, and continued her rested gaze upon the woman. The power of the book was unexpected, but since it had resided in this house she shouldn't be very surprise. She nodded and as if by instinct of nature she gave a slight bow to the woman. "Chiemi Noratsuki." She muttered, before regaining her posture and moving her eyes of topaz to the large sheet of metal on the floor for a moment. Undoubtedly must have been painful with such an inadimate object lodged within a limb.

"What happened?"

"I don't know," answered Victoria ruthfully. "I was tracing the wall, when suddenly. my hand came across a small fracture, and something snapped. I barely avoided whatever fell from the wall, but my leg ended up caught in it," explained the woman. "But what are you doing here, Chiemi? This is a place unsuited for children," said the woman then sighed. She really hoped that this was not one of Moira's twisted experiments again, as she absolutely despised those... And then the realisation hit her all of a sudden.

"Oh, and another thing: Have you seen a man with long, black, hair and steel grey eyes, carrying a large book similar to the one you just gave me? I'd like to ask him some questions."

"The man named Moira?" she asked, hardly ignoring the fact of being identified as a child once again. She obviously knew him, but he hadn'd given the slight clue that there was someone else in the house. In fact, didn't he say otherwise? It once again caused her to wonder whether he could be trusted. Of course not. Unless he didn't know she was here.. but there's no way he wouldn't sense her there. He couldn't be that oblivious.

"You know Moira?" asked Victoria, not even concealing her surprise. That was bad, extremely bad. If that man begun one of his experiments again, Chiemi would definitely die a meaningless, cruel death, and she wouldn't forgive herself for that. Still, she knew that fighting against the man was fruitless, so she quickly calmed herself down, trying to assess the situation. She followed the chain of events leading to her arrival at this safehouse, but there was nothing suspicious that would suggest an experiment of Moira being prepared. In the end, she decided that she was too paranoid for her own good, thus she decided to confirm her suspicious.

"What did Moira do with you?" asked Victoria, hoping that the answer would not be what she expected.

"He showed me a book... That's about it... He's left, though." She could feel the discomfort Victoria had, and it rose her own suspicions. Maybe if was a bad choice to concern herself with him after all.. Her eyes searched Victoria's face for a moment as she thought. Was she being held here or something? Or is she some sort of a companion of his? She knew that he was dangerous; but what made her think this way, what he has done, was unknown to her. It made her mind race, almost uncontrollably.

"He showed you a book..." pondered Victoria. "At least that means you are not in danger," added the woman, and sighed. She would really have liked to teach a lesson to that man, but he was far too powerful for her, not to mention that she was still in his debt. Regardless of that, she could not forgive the man's ways, nor his personality, however, she could not do anything about it. Even if she were to try and resist him, Moira would simply kill her and move on.

"Could you lead me up the stairs, Chiemi? I'd rather not open my eyes down here," said Victoria as she extended her left hand. "Just take my hand, and guide me, please."

Glancing at her hand for a moment, she nodded her head, wondering why she wouldn't open her eyes. She reached out and took Victoria's hand, walking to the stairs and leading her after. Letting go of her hand once up the stairs, she looked around and sat in her seat, glancing to Forver.
"What were you doing down there, anyways?" she asked, leaning herself against the arm of the chair.

"I needed a place to hide", answered Victoria as she blindly searched for something in the room. "Moira has underground tunnels connecting his safehouses to the nearest city, but they are only accessible if you know the passcode," explained the woman. "They come in handy for the people he considers his allies... Ah, there it is," said Victoria, then lifted a book from the shelf. It was a simple, pure white book, but its cover was filled with strange bumps. However, the bumps seemed to form letters, or at least some kind of signs which the woman understood.

"Let me introduce you to my book, Chiemi," said the woman, turning away from the shelf, and stretching her hands, to show the book clearly. "She is called Legac. Honestly, I don't know why Moira gave her to me, I don't really know how to use her... Which is why she spends most of her time on this shelf," continued Victiora, then stopped for a moment. "I sense that Forver is here as well. Why did Moira leave that book here, Chiemi?"

She picked up the large book named Forver, and flipped through the pages, finding the one with the characters written on them. Chiemi then held the book towards her, showing them to Victoria. "He wanted me to memorize these symbols while he was away. It was Forver who told that you were down there, too."

"I feel like that book is more of a human than Moira," said Victoria, sighing. "But why are you trying to show me the symbol... Oh, I forgot I to tell you, didn't I?" asked the woman rhetorically as she put Legac in her left arm, and held the book to her side. "The reason why I keep my eyes closed, is because they no longer see the world normally. Before you ask, I don't know why they do that, but I'm told that I saw something I shouldn't have. I don't remember anything about it, though," said Victoria then started tracing the spines of the books on the shelves with her fingers, trying to feel the letters on them.

"Even if I were to open my eyes, I'd see nothing but the laws that form this world, but my other senses work fine," explained the woman, then took a book off a shelf, then with a few, well-practiced steps, found her way to the desk, and placed both Legac and the other book on it. The other book was also rather large, and its cover was filled with Braille signs, but other than that, it was very simple. "Would you like to hear the story of how I lost my eyes' light? Of course, I can only tell you the version I was told," said Victoria, to which Forver suddenly reacted, closing itself, then opening itself on a blank page with a loud crash. Victoria simply sighed at that.

"It does that every time I want to tell my story..."

"If you want.." She looked to Forver's blank page. She wondered what it was doing for a moment, before tuning back in to the woman's speech. Of course Victoria couldn't see, she had noticed the braille writing on her book as she had taken it from the shelf. Strange that she would offer to tell her life story. She had no intention of giving her own details up so easily, but could tell that would more than likely be asked. Although the past Victoria knew wasn't certain, after all, having heard it from others. What took that memory from her?

"It'll help to pass the time," said Victoria. "Actually, there are several versions of the story, but the one I'll tell you is the one I think is true," continued the woman as she turned the pages of the book in Braille. "This is where I keep all the versions. If you learn to read Braille one day, you could read all of them. But I don't think you are here for that," chuckled Victoria, then stopped at a certain page. "Right, here it is... Let me begin."

"One night, when the young Victoria Ayers had just finished celebrating her birthday party, she and her parents were walking home from the amusement park. They had a great day trying out every single attraction there, yet Victoria felt that there was something she missed. She was not happy at all, despite having had so much fun, and having done all those things she did, yet she could not explain why. It was as if darkness itself was tugging at her heart, as if something Indescribable gripped her. As she focused more and more on what made her feel so unhappy, she noticed that she got separated from her parents, not to mention that she was now in a dark, deserted world," begun Victoria, moving her hands along the lines as she read.

"The were no lights in the darkness, not even a faint speck of white coloured the black world. Yet the young girl was not afraid of the black surroundings, instead, she started to sing a song that echoed off of unseen walls, and touched the hearts of the lurking shadows. Slowly, but surely, the world took form, becoming a beautiful, green meadow with Victoria in the centre. However, the meadow was not completely empty as a man, dressed in blue clothes stood at just the edge of it, seemingly waiting for something. Curious about the man, Victoria approached him with long, happy skips as if she was playing. But before she could reach the man, the meadow disappeared, and the young girl found herself in the shadow world again," continued Victoria, but then frowned.

"That is strange. I think the story was not like this..."

"Of course it was not, foolish woman" said a familiar voice from the doorway. "For the Truth affects Reality and Reality Affects the truth, and by meeting this little girl, you have altered your reality," continued the man, who called himself Moira. "I really do hope that you are enjoying your time here, foolish woman, because you shall not be here for long if it is I who gets to decide your fate," said the man with outright hostility.

(Depends on what kind of role you have in mind I guess. Otherwise I don't really see an issue with adding another person, if the other doesn't.)

The young girl had paid very much attention to the story but was snapped back to reality at the voice at the doorway. Chiemi looked to Moira for a moment, trying to register what it was he had meant. By meeting her, Victoria was now in quite some trouble, and it even seemed to cause a change in her story. Of course, there were now more things she had yet to understand, much to her dismay. "What do you mean?" she asked him, hesitantly. She had assumed the two were friends of some sort, but the hostility between them was certainly not friendly. A nearly obvious misconception she had noticed.

(I am okay with another player joining. It keeps everything more lively.)

"This foolish woman," said the man called Moira as he pointed towards Victoria, "believes that she has the right to be here without a reason, little girl. She had broken an agreement which we made previously, and now it is time she learned her lesson," said the man, then smashed his hands together, causing a powerful echo that literally shook the safehouse. The walls cracked under the influence of the sound, many books fell off from the shelves, falling to the ground with loud crashes, but the sound also ripped into Chiemi's and Victoria's eardrums, nearly making them deaf.

"Are you out of your mind?" asked Victoria as she took Legac into her hands. "I'd never break an agreement with you, Moira. I came here because I've got a message for you, not because I wanted to ruin whatever plans you had," said the woman as she prepared herself for battle.

"I would really like to believe those lies, foolish woman, but I am afraid that your time is over," said the man called Moira as hundreds of red lights appeared around him. "Is there anything you would like to say before I make you meet your end, foolish woman?"