LiriON | VR-Fantasy-Game with Guilds and Stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They use Forum threads to roleplay.

This, really. Personally, if we really, really, want to do this, pull an 'everyone posts at least once before the GM makes another post'.

Even then, this should only apply for large rosters, say, 7 or more characters. Small rosters don't have too much of a need for this.
I completely agree with this. In my experience, a posting order can do some good, especially in dealing with larger groups (more than 5) roleplayers at one time. Plus, if we didn't establish a posting order, I can almost guarantee that one would form without the formality of making it official.

I do, however, think that there can be circumstances where the posting order can be broken. For instance, if someone takes longer than a preset amount of days to create a post, that would be cause for the breaking of the posting order. Also, collabs between characters can sometimes be a bit of a wrench in the system, but if players are willing to work around it, I've seen it work immaculately before.

I think most of these topics are easier solved when we have an established number of participants. Maybe it's time to make a move, fix a number of people and go into deeper planning with those. Honestly since I'm still a bit of a beginner with group-roleplays I'd prefer a bit smaller group with maybe 4 people. Yes it makes me feel a bit shitty to disappoint some people but I'd rather have a smaller group and a good first experience with group-rps than to have this become a waste of time and disappoint everyone in the end.

Wow, this is actually harder than I thought it would be. PLease let me hear your thoughts on this, too. Maybe you're more confident with including more people or the the same way as I do.

Would you want someone to act as your co-gm, if only as someone that can give you advice? Maybe someone who's more experienced? justa thought

I think most of these topics are easier solved when we have an established number of participants. Maybe it's time to make a move, fix a number of people and go into deeper planning with those. Honestly since I'm still a bit of a beginner with group-roleplays I'd prefer a bit smaller group with maybe 4 people. Yes it makes me feel a bit shitty to disappoint some people but I'd rather have a smaller group and a good first experience with group-rps than to have this become a waste of time and disappoint everyone in the end.

Wow, this is actually harder than I thought it would be. PLease let me hear your thoughts on this, too. Maybe you're more confident with including more people or the the same way as I do.

A compromise - stop accepting people into the RP from this post onwards if you truly want to limit it to a small group. I think 7 is an OK number to start with. I've seen rookie-tier RPs with more, and they last a decent while.

Would you want someone to act as your co-gm, if only as someone that can give you advice? Maybe someone who's more experienced? justa thought

Of us 7, 2 would be co-GM and GM then. The burden will be a little lessened and the RP will be easier to handle.

A compromise - stop accepting people into the RP from this post onwards if you truly want to limit it to a small group. I think 7 is an OK number to start with. I've seen rookie-tier RPs with more, and they last a decent while.

Of us 7, 2 would be co-GM and GM then. The burden will be a little lessened and the RP will be easier to handle.
I would offer to CO Gm on some NPCs and story. I have some EXP in table top RPG and Iwaku forum RPs. I ran a few RPs none were very good. My first was terrible in my opinion but people seemed to enjoy it, it was called the Hamlet.

I'm not sure if Eon and Verite are following the thread anymore. I mean, they didn't leave much more here than just one sentence, so who knows if they alreay moved on. If so, that would shrink our group down to 5 people which I think would be okay to handle.

Also, in my opening-post I cleary said that I would love to hear more than just a simple "I'm interested."

If it's a small group I think the job of the gamemaster will be easy. Also, wouldn't it be cool, whe if someone has a great Idea for a dungeon or some other event, they can take notes and lad the others through that?

Right now I'm counting Star, Crow, Neko, Camleen and me as the People who are really interested in trying this. Wouldn't that be an ideal groupsize?

I'm not sure if Eon and Verite are following the thread anymore. I mean, they didn't leave much more here than just one sentence, so who knows if they alreay moved on. If so, that would shrink our group down to 5 people which I think would be okay to handle.

Also, in my opening-post I cleary said that I would love to hear more than just a simple "I'm interested."

If it's a small group I think the job of the gamemaster will be easy. Also, wouldn't it be cool, whe if someone has a great Idea for a dungeon or some other event, they can take notes and lad the others through that?

Right now I'm counting Star, Crow, Neko, Camleen and me as the People who are really interested in trying this. Wouldn't that be an ideal groupsize?
I believe this is an ideal group.

Also, if people do have ideas, I would suggest that they throw their ideas toward you and you could incorporate the idea or elements of their idea into the plot.

If I might ask, do you have an event lined up for the beginning of the roleplay?

Ya know..

I'm not GREAT at GM'ing or stuff.. but I am a great idea person. I mean this is the kind of thing I think about when geting into an RP when it's not on its feet. So I am wondering.. what kind of VRMMO are we looking at? Final Fantasy type? More high fantasy? Historic? Will the avatars be human (Sword Art Online) or a mix of human and nonhuman (Log Horizon).

this is part of the game I can actually help with for ideas and such

I am interested.

Also, I've got quite a few ideas I can import from an old VRMMO RP I was a part of. These ideas are mainly areas and the like, since that RP has SAO's floor concept.

For starters:
I have a list of possible races and all.

I'd say it's set, then.

Under the Stars, Crow, Camleen, Neko_Green and my humbl self. I think the sice is good to handle and the people all seem to bring the right bit of commitment.

Let's all have fun together!

I'd say it's set, then.

Under the Stars, Crow, Camleen, Neko_Green and my humbl self. I think the sice is good to handle and the people all seem to bring the right bit of commitment.

Let's all have fun together!
Sounds good to me!

@Crow if you wanna collaborate with anything (alongside Joey), then please just shoot me a PM or something! I'd be more than happy to hash out ideas and such~

• Love
Reactions: JoeyOmega
If I can help with ideas for races or areas, I want to help! Just let me loose with whatever base concept ya'll have and I'll run with it!

Reactions: MagnoliaSweet
Wow it didnt notify me sorry. I had this one VR rpg rp where players can get merried and make npc babies which acted exactly like players. Everyone hated them cus they thought they inflated the economy.

Having this as a earthish place would be cool. Like most of the race's cultures, and places are based off of real culture

Status
Not open for further replies.