"...How slowly is slowly, exactly? A month? Two? A year? I get it, you're loving this, but I'm not going to wait years for you. I wouldn't do that for anyone, it's unrealistic and totally unfair on me when I could theoretically be with someone else who's willing to develop something special with me. Now, I'd rather you, of course I would, but it depends on how long you intend to... hold out on me, I suppose," he continued with a nod to himself, proud that he at least managed to say how he felt without getting too irritated. He could lie and profess that he'd wait for decades if that was what it would take... but that was unrealistic and destined to fail. He was willing to wait, but not for years; not when he could move on with someone else, however hard that would be.

"You can be stubborn and make me pay for what I did, I'm fine with that-- but not if you intend to make me wait for years upon years. I'll end up moving on and you'll realise how stupid you were holing a grudge for that length of time. Make me suffer for a few months, I can deal with that. We can take it slowly for up to a fucking year if you want, but more than that? No way am I dealing with it."

"Years? I'm not that petty. If it takes more than half a year and I'm not feeling it, I'll drop it and stop bugging you. I want this to work, I really do. Like I said, a part of me still genuinely loves you. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't have come here today," he admitted, moreso to himself as he casually ate another piece of sushi.

"You're a fucked up person who has done fucked up things, but what does that say about me?" He proposed quietly, this time avoiding the other's eyes with pursed lips.

"You could have turned up just to yell at me for getting away with my crimes without my name being ruined. I assume that must annoy you. I'm surprisingly impressed with myself, actually-- but look, I want this to work. At the very least, I want us to be friends and for you to work here. Anything else is a bonus. Does that help, taking a relaxed, casual approach? I hope you realise that I wouldn't do this for just anybody," he sighed, dramatically rolling his eyes at the knowledge that he would have to wait a while for anything romantic. Usually, he made people wait for him, so being on the opposite end of things wasn't at all comfortable... but he was going to try, just because it was for Timmy.

"How's Sandra?" He asked after a moment, sipping his water through his straw. "I can't imagine she wanted you to come here-- I also know she probably hates me and doesn't want to see me, which is... disappointing. She was my best friend for years and I'd love to give her her job back. I suppose that's out of the question, hm?"

"She detests you," he admitted honestly as he stared at the last piece of sushi, contemplating. "She's afraid to be alone in her apartment because of you, Alex. She... is planning to move back with her parents to get out of the city and I support her. I can handle a lot, it's my job, but... she wasn't meant to be put in this situation."

Growing quiet in shame at the memory, he forced back a frown before absently rubbing his thumb against the edge of the wooden desk. He would rather have his skull bashed in then have to witness his friend get a single scratch on her cheek. "Don't talk to her. It's better that way."

"I was going to send her some flowers -sunflowers, her favourite- but I decided against it, I thought it would have just upset her. I won't say anything to her if you think that's for the best. I have plenty of friends, Sandra... was my best friend, but I suppose I messed that up," he shrugged, laughing drily to himself at the stupidity. If he hadn't hurt her, however accidental it was, she could have been in his office like Timothy, preparing to give him a second chance. As much as he disguised it, losing her friendship was cutting him deep, though he managed to mask the tears by pushing his sunglasses down over his eyes.

"You look cute today, your fashion sense is improving," he praised with a growing smile, resting his chin on his hand. "I'd still love to get you in some colourful patchwork jeans, I think you could pull that look off superbly."

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"Well, I've just been wearing what's left in my closet. I haven't had the energy to wash my clothes," he admitted, his cheeks growing red bashfully as he absently fiddled with the edge of his shirt. "I haven't had much energy to do anything, actually, though I'm sure you don't care about that yeah?" He commented with a sigh, thoughvat least made a mental note to get a bouquet of flowers for Sandra to at least lessen the blow.

"Yeah, I mean... I guess the whole fashion thing is pretty engrained into me now. I'm no model but I know I don't look like complete trash, aha... I'll just stay in the background. Hell, I don't want anyone to know I'm doing this, okay?"