Life On The Sreet

Status
Not open for further replies.
She smiled at him and took another bite of her chocolate. Zoey knew he didn't exactly need her, and that he could take care of himself, but she just thought that at least she was useful to him. Anyways, she was glad to hear that it wasn't the reason why they were still together. In the other hand, he didn't give her an answer. So he was with her because she liked her company but he didn't know if he should stay with her? It confused her a little. There had to be something else.
"Then... it seems that we'll see." concluded with her usual happiness. "Just remember that good nurses as I aren't easy to find." she joked.
When he looked down, she was dying to know what he was thinking. He wasn't someone easy to read, and Zoey felt the need of knowing more about him. She hated that effect he had on her. "Is there something else that you'd like to tell me?" said, going back being serious and hoping that he tells her what was bothering him.

He was happy she actually took that stupid excuse so well and even joked with her being a nurse for him. "Yes... We will see..." He smiled very slightly and saved what was left of the chocolate for later. He was hoping to feel better for tomorrow but then he would have to decide if to continue with his own path or stay near her. What if she wanted to follow him? As he asked question to himself, she sis the same, but she was asking him again. He looked up at her and frowned in thinking. "You asked me what was I going to do... What about you? What is it that you want?"

"It's not fair to ask me when you didn't even answered." complained with a little laugh. "Well, in the first place, I'm not really good at being alone. Not because I need someone, but because I enjoy being with people. Seems we are pretty different in that aspect. Besides, you are like an expert in this life style. So I would actually like being with you for a little longer, and maybe learn about some other beautiful places like this one." concluded, smiling at him "But, of course, It's ok if you prefer being alone." quickly added, with the same honesty as before.

He smiled lightly when she laughed. He liked to see her happy and not worrying about him. "I actually did. My answer is that I'm not sure what to do. But you do." He said kindly, listening to her answer. She said he didn't liked other company, it amused him that she already knew him enough to ensure that. "Time and age gives you wisdom. Its just because I spend more time like this." He frowned very slightly at her last sentence. He liked to be alone... No. Actually he didn't. He just chose that and got used to be alone. Now, with her, he understood he actually liked others company, or at least hers in specific.

"Listen... I like being with you as well, and I really appreciate everything you have done for me. The problem is that I move a lot. I train almost daily, I never stop or stay in a single place for too long. That would be a hard habit to change... What I mean is... I don't mind having you close to me, in fact, I would like that. But I have to know if you are willing to be always in motion, never groeing attachments anywhere that you could call home. That also include other people." He knew he was asking too much. That was his life, he couldn't just ask her to be like him and follow him like a shadow... That was just selfish. He started to regret what he said. "Also... I'm constantly killing other assassins and thieves. Just like I did yesterday. Its like my... Hobby you could say. Thats what keeps me moving. I'm not a good example for you, Zoey. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, I don't want to make them with you around and then put you in danger."

"Oh, no, the home thing will really be a problem, I will surely miss my alley. " she answered, being sarcastic, but she quickly went back to a more serious expression. "I don't really have anyone or nowhere to attach to." added in a lower, subdued voice. She was never thinking about that, but it was true. She was completely alone, up to some point where she could die in a dark alley and no one will ever find her or look for her.

"So you are some kind of vigilante." claimed, going back to smiling. "And, you know, they always have partners. Besides, you have seen how I live, I'll be in danger anyways. Oh, and I won't be a burden to you, I really can defend myself." she found herself saying. She didn't knew how much she wanted to be with him until she noticed everything that had said to get his acceptance. "Well, it seems that you can't convince me not to be with you. So it's only up to you." concluded with an amused smile.

Last edited:
the church front door went broke when Sykes body hit it hard. his body bounced in the street a few times then at last stopped when hitting a wall. from his mouth a fresh blood spurted and his eyes opened wide tried to guess what just happened. "what the...?" from inside the church an big man emerged. "damn i left my dagger inside" now he got two choice in his head, one is Run away as far as he can, and two fight back and he know well that this person is goddamn strong.

He listened to everything she told him. It seemed she really wanted to stay close. Maybe it would be a good thing for him as well to be a bit more social. His red eyes moved to the bottle of vodka resting at one side. He took it in his hand and opened the seal. He put some of the alcohol on the metallic top and handed it to her. It was a free world after all, he was no one to tell her what she can and can't do. If she wanted to follow him, it was her choice, and he was going to respect that. "Then... I think its decided. Let's cheer, for a new comrade." He smiled and lifted the bottle slightly to tap her 'glass'.

She smiled at him, with sincere happiness. He was still almost a stranger to her, so she thought it was weird to be happy about following him, but it was probably in every way better than her previous life.
"Cheers!" she said, tapping the bottle with her top. She drank it afterwards, probably just to play along, and it didn't taste any better than the thing she had tried a few years ago. Anyways, she swallowed it, frowning while the liquid burned her throat. "So, people actually get use to drink this?"

Last edited:
Indie got bored watching nothing at all. She saw many people doing people things, but people things were boring. She looked at the chocolate. She looked at the money that had been jingling and burning a hole. "I could buy this brown thing again. It's nice," she mumbled, jumping down to the treehouse, missing, and falling. Someone yelled, and all she could remember was running...running...running faster and faster until time itself seemed to stop. Indie took a breath.

He drank a sip of the bottle and felt how strong it really was. Looking at Zoey, he chuckle softly. If it was strong for him who had drank before, imagine how it was for her. "No one says the taste is great. People just like the effects it has on the body. Very few find a liking to its flavor. Especially one so strong as this one with 40% of alcohol." He took the top from her gently and closed the bottle. He had no intentions on getting drunk or make her drunk. Maybe they will find a more useful use for that drink. That could clean an injury pretty good with that level of ether. He looked up to the dark sky. "We should move. The day is for the mortals, we rogues own the night." He glanced at her with a teasing wink and stood up.

Back on the rooftops, Nate tries to relocate the girl and her companion. "Damn that hurt!" he says aloud while scouring the street for the two. *Where could they have gone....* he thinks, then he spots what looks like the girls hair on a rooftop opposite of him *How did they get up there so fast? Whatever I just have to follow* Nate continues to follow who he thinks is the original girl and her companion. Little does he know he's following exactly the wrong person.

"I need to switch sides or I'll lose them" he pants under his breath. He jumps to a connecting bridge between two buildings and runs to the opposite buildings along the bridge. Finally on the same side as the two he's been following he catches a glimpse of blonde hair as it disappears behind some trash on the rooftop ahead of him. *Gotcha, now I just have to stay out of sight.* he mused as he began to follow close behind, but he was only catching quick glimpses of the girl ahead, and none of the guy.

*Odd, her companion must have gone on ahead...* Nate thought, continuing his pursuit.

Zoey listened to his explanation and thought that it made sense. She answered to his last phrase with a smile and stood up with him. Rogue... That was an interesting word, she thought it fitted him.
"So, where are we going, comrade?" asked, making a funny emphasis in the last word. She just stood by his side, just in case he needed help to walk, even if she was sure he didn't.

CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

The buzzing, warm feeling started up in his legs, and Ignatius glanced at Ever every so often to make sure she was okay. He noticed that her breathing began to grow heavy, though it was the reason for her discomfort. He felt it, too. Years of experience had trained his sixth sense, and he felt the gazes of two strangers trained on his back, one familiar and the other not so much. "It's her," he thought to himself, his eyes catching a glimpse of a streak of blond hair, and his face tightened in hatred and disgust. "So, you feel it too?" he whispered to Ever, barely moving his lips and staring ahead so no one could tell he was talking. "Yeah. They're watching us. Two of them. Keep jogging and stay calm. I want you to start heading back to the church."

They ran around the block one last time, and as they approached the church, Ignatius branched off towards one of the buildings. He grasped a ledge, hauled himself up onto the metal bar, and sat coiled before he sprang for the metal pipe. Grabbing that firmly, he shimmied up the side of the building and faced a person he'd hoped he'd never had to deal with.

"You," he snarled, reaching for his dagger. "What the hell do you want with us, murderer? If you come after either of us, I swear I'll kill you. Find some other prey to stalk."

The church.

Indie tried to run faster towards the church. If he was there, she wanted to help. She wanted more chocolate. It was nice. She hadn't let go of the wrapper. She tried to get there as fast as possible, and sat on the steps. If the priest came, it'd be a nice time to confess her sins too. She had a lot of confessions to make.

She waited.
And waited.
And waited.
And waited.

Ever was glad when they headed back to the church. The combination of being watched and the burning in her lungs were two very good reasons to slow down. She leaned on the wall by the church, taking deep breaths. When she finally regained her breath, she noticed the figure that was sitting on the steps. Ignatius was gone so it was just her and the mysterious girl. She was half tempted to try and sneak around her, but she wasn't that confident in her sneaking skills. So she pressed herself into the shadows and waited.

Indie twiddled the wrapper in her fingers, and then she heard it. Rattles of breath. She almost called out. Her eyes darted around. She tried to find the breather, but guessed it to be someone in the church. She hated churches. They were...annoying. And she didn't want to learn about God really. She respected religion, as all good people should in her mind, but she didn't want one. She didn't have the time.

She willed herself to risk being mugged or murdered by a freak and called out, "I hear you. I don't see you. Who are you?"

I chuckle in the shadow of the building the leader was in front of mebut could see none of me for I was hidden in the shadowed part of the roof perfectlh.
"How naive can you be ....oh well .soon you'll learn...and then things are sure to get much more interesting around here," I say "Anyway I must go...have a pleasant jog Ignatius.'
With a backflip I flip off the building and off the side.When he looks for me below he sees no trace of me.
Like I said before...I was a shadow too slippery to catch.

I knew that Nate had followed me up until id left that building.That pest was quite good at what he did...he still seemed foolishly unskilled in my eyes.But for someone like him he was alright.I decide to keep an eye on him.
I chuckle as I walk alone the sidewalk id put my hair into a messy bun,and was listening to musoc on an ipod I had recently...acquierred.

*Damn I lost them* Nate was thinking as he round a corner around a sign on a rooftop. As he came around he found himself over looking a shorter building, and on it were the two he had been following, "No wait... That girl is the one from the crowd... And that guy has a knife in his hand..." he said under his breath. *Just what's going on?* Nate thought to himself.

*Where's the blonde girl, the companion to this guy? If I find her I could get some answers but if I leave these two something bad may happen and I don't like the look that girl has on her face.* Nate was fighting with his morals and his self-made rules on what to do, he could leave and not think about it again, or he could help the guy; the stranger. *Alright, I'll wait until a move is made, and if I have to intervene I will* he figured in his mind while pulling the thin strand of piano-wire he carried with him for bad situations.

Nate moved to a position that easily looked over the whole rooftop and was in a perfect position to jump down to their building. "This could end really bad for me... I could die for real this time if this goes where I think it will go" Nate said with a faint laugh barely audible. He settled into a shadow to over-watch the situation.. For now.

Suddenly she back flipped off the building and was gone. *Uhm, what, that definitely shouldn't be possible* Nate thought, still watching the guy with the knife from his position.

Ever had two choices. Reveal herself, or be revealed by her. With a sigh she stepped out of the shadows and put her hands up to show that she was of no threat to her.
"My name is Evangeline. You can call me Ever." She said, offering a friendly smile. Maybe the person just wanted to talk. "I won't hurt you. I'm just waiting for someone."

Last edited:
CJvG75QYMuobZ69OWpCv2nrPZqQRFt_fU9ax7aecrEM=s166-no

"Naive?" Ignatius asked, voice rising in anger. "Me, naive? You're the naive one! The one who thinks killing'll solve all the problems! Killing solves nothing. Do you hear me? Nothing!" A flash of movement and a glimpse of blond hair, and the feeling of evil that permeated the atmosphere atop the roof lessened. Ignatius ran forward, hands braced against the edge. He looked around the street, but the only thing he could see was a figure running off in the distance. He sighed, meaning to head back to the church and Ever, but stopped in his tracks and spoke loudly enough for Nate to hear him from the neighboring building.

"I know you're there, whoever the hell you are. Are you going to run, too?" He dropped his knife on the ground and kicked it away. "You've gotta be wondering about me. And that girl. Come down." he squinted in the vague direction of the faint noises and the movement he had felt more than heard before. "Oh, come on. I'm not going to kill you like she would."

Status
Not open for further replies.