Life, Love, and the Foster Home

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
After school Bryce decided to go to the cafe. To his surprise he saw Cheyenne... and a bunch of idiots trying to mess with her. He let out a sigh. Ok... let try something else... something thats not as frightening to he. He casually walked over to them with his hands in his pockets.
"Is there a problem here?" Bryce asked calmly. The guys immidiatly let her go, "Uh... no, no problem at all."

Cheyenne sighed, almost as if she was irritated with him. To be honest though, she kind of was. She didn't want him to protect her or watch out for her or whatever he called it. She had gone pretty much her entire life without anyone so she didn't need someone, especially him, standing up for her.
"Is that all you need?"she asks politely before turning and walking towards the counter. She set the order down and turned back around, bumping into a tall body. She looks up to see Bryce and she rolls her eyes.
"Are you following me or something? Stop trying to stand up for me. I already told you that I could handle myself and I'm fine,"she says walking around him and taking drinks to a couple of girls.

Bryce rolled his eyes and scowled at her, "For your information princess, I was not following you," he snapped, "I just came here to get something to drink if that is ok with you. And fine whatever don't come crying to me when something happens to you." And with that he walked out.

Cheyenne huffed and furrowed her eyebrows. She groaned and finished her shift before walking out of the cafe, still angry at Bryce. As she walked down the sidewalk, she saw that it was starting to get dark outside. She sighed and started to walk back to her new foster home.
As she walked through the door, she immediately saw Destiny sitting on the couch trying to read a book. When she saw Cheyenne her eyes lit up and she began to follow her up the stairs to her room.
As Cheyenne sat her bag down and began doing her math homework, she finished and saw someone peeking outside her door. Looking closer, she saw that it was Destiny and she told her to come in."Hi Destiny. How was school today?"she asked as the small girl sat at the end of the bed.
As they talked another small child walked in, this time being chase. He looked around but when he didn't see Bryce, he frowned."Where's Bryce? He hasn't been home yet,"he says sadly.

Bryce was still out, walking, just walking in the night time. Nobody but him and his thought. He had no idea where he was going and honestly he didn't care. Then he stopped looking a little surprised... his old house. He let out a sigh as he say his fathers old rusty truck... yeah he still live here.

Cheyenne sighed and felt bad for getting angry at him."I don't know.. he's probably just out walking around or something. I'm sure he'll be back later. Besides, isn't it your guys bed time anyway?"she asks tickling destiny and standing up with them.
Cheyenne takes them to their room and saw all the other kids already asleep. She chuckled and had them lay down and they soon fell asleep. After they fell asleep she walked downstairs and out the door, beginning to walk down the sidewalk.
As she walked and she began thinking to herself, she saw someone off in the distance. She hesitated before continuing to walk and she saw that it was Bryce. She stopped and waiting, watching to see what he would do or what would happen.

Finally Bryce showed emotion on his face when he saw the house... pure rage. He grabbed a few rocks, throwing them as hard as he could at the windows, the glass shattered. The only thing that stopped him was when his father turned on the upstairs light and yelled, "Whats going on out there!?!"
That was when Bryce bolted out of there. He ran past Cheyenne... he knew his dad might call the cops. After about running a block Bryce stopped at a walking park he stood there for a moment panting slightly.

When Cheyenne saw Bryce run past her, she jumped and wasn't sure what to do. She heard a door slamming and she saw an older man come out with a ball bat and start looking around. As she saw him she immediately started running after Bryce and quickly caught up to him when he stopped.
"G-GO!"She yelled pushing him, seeing the older man following them and running. She pushed against him again until he started to run and she followed after him.
They ran for a little longer until she didn't see him following them and she stopped, panting slightly and holding her head in her hands."Why you do that? You could've gotten in a lot of trouble if he would've caught you! Who is he?"

Bryce said nothing for a few moment... the only similarities he had with his father was his dark grey eyes...
He clenched his fist and grit his teeth, "My father..."

"Wh-wh-"Cheyenne paused and didn't want him to explain further, knowing that he didn't want to and he was in a bad mood."Oh. I'm sorry,"she says slowly, sitting down on he sidewalk and putting her head between her knees."I'm sorry I got upset with you earlier. I shouldn't have gotten angry."
She yawned a bit and sat back."Chase missed you before he went to bed. He wanted to see you before he had to sleep,"she says slowly. "He looks up to you. Your his hero,"she says knowingly.

Bryce sighed and ran his hand through his hair then looked at her, his face once again emotionless, "I don't care I am not upset that you were angry," he sat across from her, "I don't care if anyone is mad at me. " he heard a squirrel and watched it climbed a tree. Then she mentioned Chase and looked at her, "Well I don't understand why..."

"Well maybe he sees the good in you even if you don't see it,"Cheyenne says sighing."Maybe he's never had anyone to look up to before you and you're his first impression." She sighed again and looked up at a passing car.
"Why do you act like you don't care? You act like you're so tough and so big and strong, but you can't be,"she says."No one is that strong. Why do you keep pretending you are?" Cheyenne ram her hands up her arms and shivered.
"Why.. why is destiny in the foster home? She's so young.. Even chase and the rest of the kids,"she says curiously, standing up and looking at him. She started to follow him back towards the house.
As they walked in she got quiet and went straight to their room, grabbing some yoga pants and a long sleeved shirt to sleep in. She changed quickly in the bathroom and got ready to go to sleep. She walked back to their room and she laid on her back in her bed and stared upward, not wanting to fall asleep quite yet, afraid of the nightmares that she knew was coming when she closed her eyes.

Bryce let out an irritated sigh, "You know you ask alot of questions," he pause for a moment, "Second I act like I don't care because I don't... " he says as he walks with her, "Second, what I do is none of your business. So you can stop pretending like you care."
Suddenly she asks her about Destiny right as they got inside. Once they got into their room he went to his side and took off his shoes before he spoke, "She was raped by all her male family members... Brother, Father, Grandfather, Uncle... When she first came here she was absolutly terrified of Richard an I... Well she is still scared of Richard but she trusts me now... It took a little bit of time but about a month later she finally realized I would never do anything to hurt a girl or woman. Now I am the only grown male she will even hug."

She face him a dirty look."I'm not pretending I care. I'm just simply curious. Sorry,"she says irritated, sighing. "Oh.. that's horrible,"she says sadly."It's good she can trust you though. She needs someone like that in her life. She seems like a sweet girl,"she says going quiet.
She figured by his attitude the he didn't want to talk to her. She stayed quiet, feeling bad, and rolled over on her side so she wasn't facing him. She stayed silent until she finally fell asleep with a slight headache.

"Yeah.. she is." That was all he said then he fell asleep. Once again by the time Cheyenne woke up he was not there. This time he was in the basement. By now all the other kids were in school... Bryce and Cheyenne still had a good hour until they had to go to school. Bryce was training... he had a big boxing tournament today... of course he knew all the foster kids would watch him fight... well except for Cheyenne of course.
Bryce had his shirt off, sweating as he punched the punching bag with force, using all the muscles in his arms.

Cheyenne woke up and showered, changing into a new pair of clothes and grabbed her bag. She figured Bryce had already left since she hadn't seen him. Since she had to get to school early for a big music competition and performance, she started to walk down the stairs and felt her body collide with a tall, strong, sweaty, and muscular body.
She stumbled back and looked up, meeting Bryce gaze."S-Sorry,"she says stepping back."I thought you were already gone,"she says stepping around him so he could pass her.
"Oh.. well I've got a competition today so I've got to go. I'll see you later I guess,"she says watching him walk away."What time is your competition tonight? I think one of my friends wanted to go see you,"she lied.

((Please let me control my own character lol))
As he was walking away he stopped and looked over his shoulder at her, "Is that right? Well she can come if she wants. My boxing tournament starts at 6:30." And with that he walked into the bathroom and took a shower.

((Sorry didn't mean to take it over haha))

Cheyenne nodded and walked out of the house and towards the school. As she got there she walked towards the music room and sat down at a piano and began playing a song she wrote.

Reactions: Bryce
((Its alright lol))

Once Bryce was out of the shower and all dressed he was out the door, it didn't take him long to get to school. Once he got there he had people wishing him good lock. He smirked slightly and continued heading to his locker. Once he got there he felt a hand tap on her shoulder. He turned around and looked down at a pretty girl with deep blue eyes and long curly blonde hair. It was Catherine, a girl in his english class, "Cat. Hey, whats up?"
She blushed slightly.

Cheyenne went into her competition which lasted most of the day and when she finally got out, she walked down the stairs and bumped into yet again another tall boy this time a familiar one of her best friend Ryan. "Hey,"he chuckled."Still as clumsy as any other day. How was your competition?"he asked walking with her towards the door.
"Or probably could've gone better,"she chuckled and walked with him. He was one of the only guys she felt comfortable with, so she perfectly okay to go hang out with him and be around him. "Are you doing anything tonight? My foster brother is having a competition and I thought we could go watch,"she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.