Life, Love, and the Foster Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryce walked into the room and all the kids faces brightened when they say him, "Bryce!"
For once this is actually the first time Cheyenne actually seen Bryce smile for real... atleast a little one.
"Hey kiddos I am sure you all met Cheyenne. But frankly she doesn't know your guy's names. So how about you guys introduce yourselves? Lets start with the oldest out of you guys"
They all nodded in agreement. A girl stepped forward. She had strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes, "My name is Jessica and I just turned 13.."
Then a boy with brown curly hair and green eyes smiled wide at her, "And I am Connor! I am 11!"
Then twins, a boy and a girl were next, they had dirty blonde hair and deep blue eyes, "I am Lizzy," the girl says.
"And I am Jack," the boy said, "And we are both 10 years old."
Then sure enough that little boy with blonde white hair and crystal blue eye grinned at her, "And I am Chase! I am 8 years old and Bryce is my best buddy!"
Bryce chuckled then he looked around, "Where is Destiny?" He asked.

Last edited:
Cheyenne smiled a little as she saw Bryce smile and the kids faces light up. She listened to them introduce themselves and she smiled hut didn't see the small blonde girl from earlier who had looked at her. She looked around a bit and heard Bryce ask where a girl named Destiny was.
Cheyenne turned a little and saw the small girl with long blonde hair and small blue eyes staring at her."I'm Destiny. I'm this year's old,"she says holding up seven fingers.
Cheyenne smiled at her and felt a small hand wrap around hers. She jumped and saw that destiny had taken her hand. She smiled a little and let her hold her hand.

Bryce smirked, "Yeah beware she loves play hide and seek... she is very good at it too." He chuckled slightly then he felt little hands tug on his shirt. He looked down. It was Chase who was grinning at him, "Hey Bryce! Can we play a game?"
Bryce rubbed the back of his head and looked at the time then back at him, "Sorry kiddo. But you guys need to head to bed. There is school in the morning."
Lizzy just then ran over to the bookshelf and came back handing him a book, "Can you atleast read us a bed time story."
"Um..."
"Pleaaaaaaaasssssseeeee?" They all said in unison.
Finally Bryce let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair, "Fine, fine. But just one." He sat down and immidetly Chase sat on his lap and the other children gathered. He began to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alison
Cheyenne sat down on a nearby small bed that Destiny laid on. Cheyenne tucked her into bed slightly and sat beside her with her head resting on her blanket. She yawned a bit and listened as Bryce read the children a bedtime story and she closed her eyes.
She felt eyes on her but she ignored them. Soon she felt herself drift off to sleep, something she rarely ever did.
As she slept and she fought off most of her noghtmares, the story ended and the children had fallen asleep after Cheyenne did. Destiny and chase stayed wide away though and chase tried to beg Bryce to stay and sleep with him and Destiny didn't want him to let Cheyenne sleep with her.

Bryce sighed and he put Chase into his bed then walked over to Cheyenne. He looked at Destiny, "Don't worry kiddo. I'll put her in her bed." He very carefully picked her up, being sure not to wake her, then once he walked into the room he shut the door behind him and put Cheyenne in her own bed. Putting the covers over her.

Cheyenne squirmed as she felt herself being lifted up and she mumbled a little. As she turned in her bed, pulling the covers with her, she started to open her eyes and she looked at Bryce for a few long seconds before closing her eyes again and falling into a deep sleep.
As Cheyenne became developed into her sleep, a nightmare threatened to take over and she forced herself to murmur in her sleep and toss, starting to breath heavier from the intense dream.

Bryce furrowed an eyebrow as he noticed her tossing and turning, muttering in her sleep. Finally he decided to wake her up. He turned on the light by her bedside and very gently shook her, "Cheyenne." He whispered.

Cheyenne jumped away from his touch and started to breath heavier and faster as she felt a rough, strong hand touching her. She jumped and her eyes shot open as she held in a scream that almost escaped her lips.
Her eyes shot open and she looked at Bryce."W-what?!"She asks nervous jumping up into a. Sitting position and holding her knees to her chest. She looked around to see what was wrong and why he had woken her up.

Bryce moved his hands back raising an eyebrow at her, "Relax... its just me," he says calmly putting his hands down. He looked into her eyes, "You were having a bad dream... Sorry for startling you." He rubbed the back of his head.

"I have them a lot,"she says sighing."I'm fine. Don't worry about me.. did I wake you up? I'm sorry,"she apologized quickly. She scoots back against the headboard and rested her head against the headboard, sighing and closing her eyes.
"What time is it? Don't we have school tomorrow?"she asks softly and quietly, still shaking a little and scared that he had touched her even just the slightest bit.

Bryce sighed... he could tell she had a problem with males so he walked over to the wall and leaned his back against the wall, his arms crossed, "You didn't wake me up... I was already awake. And right now it is currently 12 AM." He studied her for a minute trying to guess why she was here... well... she was afraid of men... so she must have been beaten or raped or something... his sister reacted the same way... except towards Bryce of course. He cleared his throat, "I apologize for touching you to wake you up. Won't do that again..." he then walked over to his bed and laid down. Bryce maybe alot of things, but he was always a man of his word. He put his hands behind his head and looked up at the ceiling, "We should get some sleep though. Are you going to be ok?"

"I'll be fine,"she says sighing and rolling over onto her side with her back facing Bryce."Don't worry about me,"she says again, not wanting nor needing someone to worry about her. She had gone plenty if years without anyone caring or loving her so she didn't want people to start now. Especially since she probably wouldn't be here forever, and he had no reason to care about her.
Cheyenne soon closed her eyes trying to think of reasons why he would be here.... He seemed nice enough, but she could tell there was a dark past hidden inside him. She couldn't think of anything and instead just sighed.
As she closed her eyes and began to drift off to sleep, she let her mind wonder to the times when she was happy with her mom. The times when everything was okay and she didn't even know what pain was... but now she does. And that may be all she ever feels..

By the time Cheyenne woke up Bryce was already out of his bed and not in the room. Thinking Cheyenne was still asleep he walked in his hair soaking wet and just wearing boxers and pants, every single muscle was exposed... even some scars... The worse scar he had was actually on the left side of his chest, this one was actually an accident from his father. He did threaten to stab him yes, but his sister accidently bumped into her father on the way out causing him to actually stumble and make a nice clean diagonal cut on his chest. He walked past her not paying any attention as he dried off his hair and searched for a shirt.

As Cheyenne woke up the next morning, she looked around the room and remembered she was at a new foster home. When she saw that Bryce wasn't quite in the room yet she stretched and stood up, digging through her bags and putting her clothes in a nearby empty drawer.
Leaving out a pair of jeans and a long sleeved tee shirt, Cheyenne shut her drawer and turning around. She saw Bryce walk into the room and past her, not even noticing her. She jumped as she saw him half naked, and she scooped her clothes into her arms and quickly walked out of the door, shutting it behind her.
After Cheyenne showered and changed into her clothes,she brushed through her hair, brushed her teeth, and slipped her converse on. Grabbing her bag out of the room she shared with Bryce, she hurried out of the front door with a quick goodbye towards Carla who ignored her and continued watching tv.
Cheyenne walked down the sidewalk towards school and took the time to think to herself. She pressed against her side as she felt a sharp pain and she sighed, lifting up her shirt a little to see a scar at least two and a half inches long running on her stomach where her dad had stabbed her on her seventeenth birthday.

Once Cheyenne was finally ready Bryce walked out with her. He suddenly noticed she seemed to be in pain, however he couldnt see it because he was on the opposite side of where the scar was. He raise and eyebrow, "Everything alright?" He said, of course his face was expressionless.

"I'm fine,"Cheyenne says stubbornly, pulling her shirt down. She continued walking towards the school and walked through the big black double doors."So do you have your license and just not drive or what?"she asks before they separate and go their different ways.
After he turned, she walked to her locker and opened it, pulling out a math book and walking to her first period class.
After she finished her first few hours of school, she walked to her locker and grabbed a notebook and pen before walking outside while everyone ate their lunch. She tapped her foot and bit her lip whole thinking of new song lyrics and wrote them down on the paper.
As she wrote down a new line that she liked, she felt her notebook being pulled away from her and a guy pulling her up by the hood of her hoodie she had slipped on in her third period class.
Just as the two guys threw her notebook in a pond after ripping it into fifths, they pushed her around a bit more, pulling on her clothes.

Bryce let out a sigh, "I do I just don't have a car." As soon as he head to his first hour class. Once class was over he saw was was happening and grit his teeth... damn idiots... He stormed toward them and they stopped momentarily to see who it was. The skinniest one smirked, "Well, well, well if it isn't-"
He didn't even get a chance to finish his sentence for Bryce punched him right in the face knocking him down, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!" Bryce said and his started to kick the skinny one in the stomach a few time, "You should never hit or touch a woman you moron!" He yelled. Yes that is one thing he refuses to do. He never ever hits a woman. Once he was sure he wouldn't get up he grabbed the other guy by the shirt of his collar and slammed him against the wall. He glared at him, the guy actually looked frightened, "Listen to me clown," he said in a harsh voice, "If you EVER mess with this girl again, you are going to have to answer to me. Understand?" The guy nods his head quickly.

Cheyenne gulps and stares at Bryce frightened of his anger and she takes a step backwards and stumbles a bit, falling backwards and landing on her bottom. She pulled her clothes back down from where the guys had pulled them up and she reach for her bag, pulling it on her back and shaking.
As Cheyenne pulled herself up into a standing position, still shaking and terrified from not only the guys but from Bryce, she ran past him and through the doors. She walked past all the doors until she walked into the girls bathroom and towards the sink.
Cheyenne took a long deep breath and let it back out before she walked towards her next hour class, hearing the bell ring. As she sat down in the front corner of the room alone, she saw Bryce walk through the doors and past her without even noticing her.

Bryce suddenly stopped and looked over his shoulder at her, seeing her. He raised an eyebrow uncrossing his arms, "Hey, are you alright? Sorry if I scared you... I just hate it when guys hit girls... its not right."

Cheyenne only nodded, turning her head and looking st the wall beside her and looking away from him. She sat in class and took notes quietly and then moved on to the rest of her classes. After the final bell rang, she threw her bag over her shoulder and began walking down the sidewalk away from the foster house she is staying in.
Cheyenne walked into a small cafe not far from the school where she worked and she walked to the back, clocking in and grabbing an apron.
She started waiting tables and saw a group of guys walk in from her school and sit down at a table where she was waiting. She walked towards their table and took their orders and felt a hand slide up her apron and she jumped away from it and stood a couple feet away but felt her body being pulled back towards them.

Status
Not open for further replies.