Lewi & Elflady

"What are you talking about?" She asked looking confused. "I am not human, my tail, ears, eyes, and hair are not fake..." She said softly as she sat in the floor. "you don't know about the council? How do you not? What is a human?" She asked. "Where am I?" She finally resorted to. "The council, you know the people who rule over the entire realm of Avalon? Duh." She said still thinking she was back in the magical realm.

Her words swam around in Dylan's head like leafs in a storm, he had no idea what she was talking about, she wasn't human and she believed this was some place called Avalon, and what kind of world had a single council ruling over it, here on Earth even a single country had problems with the rulers. Heaving all his coffee in a single swipe, whishing he had something stronger at home but he didn't drink much and often did not have alcohol at home.

"Okay this is a lot to take in," his entire logical world was thrown off balance with her simple words. "I am a human, no ears not tail and no amazing healing powers, and this is Earth, technological but nothing really spectacular." Not bothering getting a refill Dylan played with his cup, twirling it in his hands and blew some blonde bangs from his eyes, as his hair dried it became straight again and hung in his eyes. "So in this Avalon having animal ears and such colours is normal?"

Kieara listened to him. "Earth?" She asked confused. She spoke. "Well, i'm only a half blood. I am half tiger demon, and half mage." She said. "I can't use magic though. I heal fast though." she said. She then spoke. "Yeah, depending on what you are, it's fairly normal. You only have a few colors?" She asked.

Getting the otherwordly truth pretty much flung in his face, and despite his best efforts her story was backed up by her very realistic tail and her quick healing as well as the fact that she didn't seem to know much about modern things and Dylan was actually starting to believe her. "Yeah well, humans mostly have blonde, black and brown hair, although some have red although it looks more orange than red actually. Our eyes don't have any strange colours either," He said, having stopped twirling the mug without noticing.

"So this portal you mentioned actually brought you to Earth, and in, Avalon was it, there is magic there?" He was surprised to say the least, it was like in the movies although he had always believed nothing in the movies or books was real. "Don't you want to sit on a chair instead of on the floor?" He asked, noticing she still sat on the floor by the fridge.

Kieara listened to his explanation closely and spoke. "Seems limited..." She said. "And yes there's magic, it's what keeps the place running. The word Avalon is even elven for magic." She smiled. "I don't like it there though so I ran..." she siad. "Half demons are treated bad and we're at war." she spoke "Somehow I have crossed over to the realm called Earth." She blinked. "you'd let me use a chair?" She seemed shocked.

Now elves as well, what didn't exist in that magical world? But Dylan realised that place may be just as bad as some human countries and societies at accpeting people that were different and perhaps Kieara was so submissive and uncertain. In fact except all the magic and unusual races Avalon seemed quite similar to Earth, wars, discrimination and racism seemed to flourish there as well.

"Of course you can take a chair, and since it wouldn't be a good idea to find you a place feel free to make yourself at home for the moment."
He said, it would indeed be a bad idea showing Kieara for just anyone. Especially people who would se her as a money magnet, like a circus animal. Having no idea what to do long term Dylan took the decision to let her stay, no way was he going to be the reason someone became locked up for entertainment. "Do you want anything else than coffee, you must be tired after all that running."

Avalon was an extremist version of all of those things. With the crazy twist of magic thrown into the bundle. And that made it all the more dangerous. Magic could accomplish anything.

She purred again and moved to a chair sitting on it lightly. She felt privileged to be able to use the furniture. It was a luxury that was long since gone to her. She hadn't been allowed to use anything like a chair, or a bed in years. And even then it was in hiding. She looked over to him and spoke. "Milk maybe? If that's ok...." She said seeming a bit awkward about asking for something. She was used to having to srape up her own sustenance.

Starting to feel more relaxed Dylan smiled slightly as another pur escaped Kieara, it was quite fantastic to see such a human like girl sounding exactly like a house cat. "Of course," rising he went over to his fridge and grabbed the milk, noting he would have to buy more soon and snatched a glass from the cupboard on his way back.

"Here," he said and placed the milk filled glass by her. "So, what are you going to do now? You said you ran from Avalon so I take it you wont go back but here on Earth demons, magic and all that is seen as fairytales." Sure, maybe she could pass her ears and tail off as fake, and most people would believe it but she wasn't used to this world that much was clear. People would start wondering when she didn't understand something simple that was an everyday thing on Earth but didn't exist on Avalon.

Kieara smiled and sipped on her milk purring softly. She had her knees pulled to her chest on the chair. She was quite small so it posed no problem. She did it with relative ease. She held the glass in her two hands as she watched him. She listened to his words and spoke. "I don't know....The council will come looking, I am theirs after all." She said motioning to the collar around her neck. She sighed and swayed her tail the bell dingling again.

"Theirs? They own you? But you are a human being, or a demon being," Dylan said with surprise and irritation, he hated slavery and the fact that in some countries people were no better than slaves despite not being called that. It was a degrading thing to declare that they own another person that had no say in the matter. "Can't you just take the collar off?" He asked. "But perhaps that won't disuade them. Besides isn't there some way to persuade the council to let you go?" He wasn't rich but if it was money they accpeted he could borrow them from his family, normally he didn't like doing that but if the other choice was to let Kieara continue being a slave then he really had no choice. Of course he didn't really know her but it didn't matter, Dylan always wanted to help if he saw people or animals in trouble.

She spoke. "Yes, I am theirs...." She said. "I can take off the collar, but I can't the bell. They cursed me. I am doomed to be obedient." She said motioning to the bell on her tail. She spoke. "The collar just has my name though...Sometimes I am by myself so long that if I don't have the collar I will forget it....Besides, the collar come from my mother...." She said. The collar was her gift at birth, the tags were the same, and had her name etched on it in cursive, but the collar obviously had to be changed as she grew. It fit her comfortably now, but it was old and worn.

Well, if she was cursed that totally messed up his hope to have helped her to become free but there was nothing he could do against a curse, this was a world without magic so what could a human do against mages and demons of another world. "Oh," he said, looking more closely at her collar, worn and with a tag on it and the bell on her tail that chimed when she moved. At first he had wondered why she would have a bell on her that would always give up her location especially as she was being hunted, but that explained it.

"Well then I guess we'll have to see if the council can find you here," despite being his usual calm self Dylan had no idea what to do if a magical council wanted Kieara back, it was not like he could threaten them with a paint brush and it was no use worrying at the moment. Looking at the clock hanging on the kitchen wall, realising the time, it had been late even when he found Kieara and now he was glad he didn't work mornings this week. "It's really late though so why not go to bed and worry about the council tomorrow? I'll gather a blanket and a pillow for you."

Rising up Dylan left for his bedroom and grabbed a blanket, a pillow case and a spare pillow he had and went back to the living room, his sofa was actually quite large and fluffy a thing he had gotten by his parents when he moved in so it was a bit more expensive than his other stuff. "I hope this will be alright for you to sleep on."

She pured happily. "It's a lot better than what I usually get. I usually get the ground only....and I even get a pillow and blanket?" She seemed so happy about the simplest of things. She smiled and moved after him into the living room. She curled her tail around his wrist and nuzzled her head into his neck. "Thank you." She said purring and nuzzled him again. Her fur was extremely soft, almost like a persians.

Slightly taken aback by her as he wasn't too used to physical signs of affection Dylan was unsure what to do first but her soft fur and unfaked feelings made him relax and he gave her a warm smile, "You're welcome." Wondering what kind of cruel people let her slepp on the floor with nothing to keep her warm, it was just inhumane, and he guessed she was not the only slave and they were probably treated the same. Although she had said that half demons like her were treated much worse. Thinking that he couldn't help compare her to the standard view on demons, little red people with horns, she certainly was more beautiful than them.

"If you want anything you can try and wake me, although I sleep pretty deep,"
he added. "Good night then." Suddenly feeling quite tired Dylan walked back to his own room and pulled on the thin sweat pants and t-shirt he often slept in before crashing into his bed. Despite all that had happened and the fact that filled his head he fell asleep quickly, too tired mentally to have the energy to think.

She smiled as he told her all this. "I'll try to stay quiet." She said. AS the lights went out her lavendar eyes seemed to glow a bit in the dark as most feline's did. She curled up on the couch. It was amazing...she'd never had anything so soft to sleep on. She curled into a tiny ball her tail wrapped around her under the covers and fell asleep. She slept deeply not having had the privilege to sleep like this in years. She was covered completely when morning come her entire being head ears and all under the blanket.

Slowly waking up to his alarm clock Dylan smashed the button to turn it off still half asleep, pulling his covers over his head he fell asleep again not waking until to hours later feeling awake enough to go up. The clock was past 10 AM and he rubbed his eyes as he walked through the living room to get to the bathroom he noticed the person on the couch, covered by the blanket from head to toe he remembered last night with a chock. Other worlds, magic and not the elast the half demon sleeping on his couch.

First preparing some coffee Dylan headed for the bath room for his usual morning routine, particulary shaving to be certain that every single strand vanished. Back in the kitchen Dylan made himself and a sandwhich and a bowl of cereals, raking a hand through his blonde hair that still stood on end after the night. He let Kieara sleep until she woke up, certain that yesterday had tired her, planning on how to go about the day, he had to go buy some more food and and he had a shift at the bookstore this afternoon.

The blanket moved then trembled a moment as she stretched when she woke, then her tail popped out from under the blanket hanging off the couch with a lazy dingle limply. She lay there for a moment then rose up her head covered but visible and rubbed her eyes. She yawned softly and looked around forgetting momentarily where she was then she remembered the night before. She smiled and purred then got up to find her friend. She was fidgeting with the pants again them conflicting with her tail.

Looking up from his breakfast as Kieara came into the kitchen Dylan smiled at the half demon, "morning, do you want something to eat?" She looked a bit sleepy still, but he guessed he didn't look much better with his bed head. "How does the pants work?" He asked as he noticed her fidgeting and the tail sticking out above the pants, unfourtunatly for her though he had no skirts, but he was planning to wash their clothes first thing today so they would dry quicker. "I'll have your own clothes washed and dried in a few hours so you can get them back."

"Also Kieara, I need to go shopping today and go to work, but is there something you'd like to have, food or something?" It was a normal question for him, something he always asked when shopping for someone else as well as himself, rising up he walked over to the counter and grabbed a pen and paper, sitting back down to make a short list, not trusting to remember everything. Even when he had a short list he always seemed to forget one thing, and most often it was the one thing he had planned to buy from the beginning.

Kieara smiled as he greeted her. "Good morning." She said to him. She blushed a bit as he asked about her pants and spoke. "They're a little uncomfortable but I can manage." She said softly. She was even more soft spoken of the mornings until she got woken up good. She listened as he said he had to leave. What would she do while he was gone? Would he give her things to do before he returned? She was curious, but then blinked in shock. No one ever took her into consideration when they had to leave to the store, and she usually just stole her food from gardens and such, she didn't know even what all a store had. She spoke. "No thanks, i'm ok." She msiled.

Finishing up his list Dylan rose and put his dishes in the sink, not bothering to wash them at the moment instead only rinsing the bowl clean from milk. "Well, if you're hungry just look through the fridge or the cupboards," he said and finished his coffee before going to his bedroom to change from his night clothes. Dressed in washed out jeans and a t-shirt Dylan grabbed his phone and wallet before heading for the hall remembring the clothes as he put on his sneakers. Sighing he turned and went back to the bathroom and picked up Kieara's black and red kimono and his own dark shirt and jeans.

There was one more advantage to his apartment, it had come with a small washing machine and a drier, of course you could never get everything in one package so his apartment lacked a balcony, it was quite small and the building had no elevator. But it was worth it as he did not have to share machines with the rest of the building, having to find a time that was available when he had time. As the clothes was mainly black as well as his dark jeans he put everything in, pouring in some detergent and some rinse before staring the program.

"There, that should be done when I get home,"
he said to Kieara. "When I'm gone feel free to find something to do, there's an old but functioning TV in the living room and paints in the room beside the bathroom." Room was much said, it was more like a larger wardrbe but Dylan had made it into a small drawing room, he stored paints, canvases, brushes and allsuch things in there, when painting he often took the things with him to the living room though, his finished paintings he mostly sold or stacked to avoid cluttering the small room. "I'll be back soon and lock the door behind me," he said smiling at her before leaving.