Lewi & Elflady

the bell glowed as he ordered her to lock the door. She'd never been big on painting. Her talent lie in music. She was a beautiful singer. She often caught herself singing in her free time. What was a TV? She wondered. She couldn't picture it. She had no clue. Though she did go to his painting room and inspected his paintings. She smiled. They were really good. She enjoyed his art and purred as she looked them over while he was gone. She then got bored but found a string to entertain herself with hanging from the blanket she'd slept under. Simple yes, but she was a cat, and she couldn't help but be attracted to things like that. she was batting at it the remainder of the time he was gone.

Despite the relatively early hour, at least early when considering people usually where at work there was a lot of people at the store, mostly old people but also parents with their kids, that Dylan usually called midgets when annoyed, especially when they just ran around out of control. Trying his best to navigate down the aisles consulting his list as he picked out milk, fruit, vegetables and some meat and bread, dodging kids and other carts when turning corners and mumbling in frustration when someone blocked an entire aisle he eventually made it to the checkout and could finally head back home.

Reaching his apartment building he once more that there could be an elevator, this wasn't so bad it was way more annoying when he had a few bags with him plus painting bags as well. Stopping by his door slightly winded he un locked the door and took the bags to the kitchen kicking the door closed behind him. "Kieara, I'm back," he called wondering if she had found something to do when he was gone or if this last day had all been a dream, his realistically geared brain still having some trouble really accepting the truth. Quickly kicking off his shoes in the hall and locking the door Dylan headed back to the kitchen and started putting away the groceries.

Kieara came back with the string from the blanket tangled on her ears. She purred and nuzzled his arm. She then took some of the things to help him. She waited to see where he wanted them then followed him to the kitchen to put them down. "Hello." She said finally in greeting him back.

When Kieara came into the hall to greet him he had to stiffle a laugh, a small chuckle escaping him anyway at the thread tangled in her ears, it was so cat like yet unexpected. "You have something on your head," he said and picked off the thread, her ears as soft as he remembered from last night. "It seems you had fun when I was gone?" Dylan asked with an askew smile.

"If you want to help you can take these," he motioned for the bag with the milk and other things that needed to be stored in the fridge, "and place them in the fridge." Picking up his bag he put things into cupboards and the fruit in a bowl on the counter, and normally he wasn't so fond of candy that he bought it often but this time he'd picked out some choclate that he put in the fridge as well.

Finally everything was done so he headed for the bathroom and moved the wet clothes from the washer to the drier putting it on a sensitive program as well as he wasn't sure how to handle her kimono really.

Kieara purred. "Yes, I had fun." Nothing was disturbed there was just the stray string he'd plucked from her ears. She did as he told her and carefully put the items from the bag in the fridge then disposed of the grocery bag. She then looked up at him as she followed him to the washer and dryer. She seemed curious but weary. The machines were loud on her sensitive ears.

Seeing some curiosity in her lavender eyes and guessing it was about the machines, as she had been about the shower yesterday and that made Dylan wonder what her world was like. Since meeting her he had been more concerned with accepting things that shouldn't exist and Kieara in herself was facinating and he hadn't really thought about how her world was, Avalon she had called it. "Don't you have machines in Avalon?" he asked, sounding as curious as she looked.

Having grown up in a city Dylan was as used to machines and electricity that it was almost unnatural to be without it, although he didn't like people pushing away nature and animals to expand and by that harming themselves in the long run he would be at a loss without normal everyday luxuries.

"Machienes? No. Everything is run off magic." She said purring. She being a mage knew quite a bit about the inner workings of magic and its mechanics. The different types, and how they were used. Even if she couldn't use them herself. Mages were what could be classified as the parallel to inventors here as well so that added to her curiosity.

Magic. That was amazing, to not have to rely on energy sources that would eventually get used up entirely or harmed the environment, it would be a large improvment for both humans and the earth itself. Now if magic existed on Earth it would be great if it could power all the machines, cars and other inventions that demanded, electricity, oil or gas. Dylan wasn't skilled in anything mechanical, he wouldn't even be able to change a tire on his car, and he definetly knew nothing about magic but it would be an ideal mix if possible, but who knew if magic even worked on Earth or if wordly boundaries even affected magic at all.

Her answer and what lay behind her spoken words made him more eager to see her world, not counting the council and various less friendly demons, would it even be remotely similar to Earth or maybe relatively alike in some ways. "What is it like there? Is it anything like Earth?"

"In some ways yes, I can use a little magic, but mine is not very powerful." She said to him. She smiled up at him.. "It even looks different, but it's not too different. Perhaps i'll have to show you the lesser violent parts some time." She said and purre.d She'd love to see his world, and also love to show him the non-hostile parts of her own.

Despite himself Dylan could not stop his eyes from widening slightly, as a child he had believed in magic as many other kids but soon stopped believing and used logic except in his paintings, but the fact that this half demon could magic, however little was exciting. He didn't mind if she could call forth a large spell or just a tiny one, anything at all would be enough. "Would it be too much to ask for you to show something?" He asked, trying not to sound like a kid in a candy store.

How strange that this half demon, half mage would find her way to a complete non believer and change him in a few hours time that everything wasn't as normal as he believed. "Look at me behaving like a child," he said with an eye roll at himself. "But I would really like to see Avalon for myself." Starting to get enough of the drier's endless, repetetive noise he wondered how good hearing Kieara had, she was part tiger so maybe she had similar hearing.

"I'd be more than happy to show you." She said smiling. "I try to practice, but I wasn't born with as much magic in me where I am half." She said. "That's why my spells aren't as strong." She said. She spoke. "But I want to go away from the noise first, it hurts my ears." She said. She went to the living room. "We could go see Avalon if you like, all I need to know is when." She said.

Dylan followed after her to the small living room eager to see what she could do, it would only make this more real, as if he needed any further proof, but it would be awesome to see actual magic, not the illusions that humans passed off as magic. She also offered the chance to visit Avalon whenever he wanted, the artist in him instantly seeing the possibilities in a visit to another world, instead of using his imagination when painting other worlds, creatures and landscapes he would now have first hand experience and could actually illustrate an actual other world. "I'd like to go as soon as possible," he said hazel eyes glinting with eagerness. "But I have work today unfortunatly so maybe tomorrow would work?" Normally he liked his part time work at a nearby bookstore but now Avalon was way more interesting.

Kieara purred. "Tomarrow works." She took a deep breath once in the living room. She held her hands out in front of her and they began to glow a faint lavendar the same as her eyes. She concentrated and a ball of purple energy formed in between her hands, palms facing each other. Soon it changed forms from a ball into what looked like a necklace. It had an odd glyph on it too. Then it materialized. She smiled handing the necklace to him. The glyph now made of crystal. "It says your name in runes." She said. Runes was all she could read, but even runes were only used in magic. Nothing else. Then after that she showed him a few levitation tricks, the biggest thing she levitated being his chair. Then she showed him a few more magic tricks similar to the ones humans done with vanishing things and making them reappear. "I can do other stuff too just depends on what you want me to do

Eager for tomorrow Dylan soon forgot the promised trip to Avalon as he looked at Kieara, his jaw dropped and hazel eyes widened as a puple sphere formed between her hands, amazed he found no words to even explain how she did it, then with apparent ease she formed it into a necklace, the crystal bearing some kind of strange lettering. Drawn from his chock and amazement by her words Dylan snapped his mouth shut and looked in surprise at her, "really? Thank you so much Kieara." Taking the outstretched necklace he had an urge to hug her as thanks but couldn't get himself to actually stand up, his brain didn't seem to send out signals to his body correctly. Holding the beautiful necklace Dylan studied the letters, runes she said they were, more specifically his name in runes, placing it around his neck he got the feeling it fitted perfectly there.

Then she only continued to amaze him, showing magic tricks that were used on Earth by human magicians although hers was actually real, her ability to levitate things was facinating to say the least, for being a non skilled mage Dylan thought she was amazing. Of course he had no experience with magic so he guessed full blooded mages must be incredibly powerful at magic then. When he thought her done she did one last trick that made his heart stop and then beat wildly in his ears, she lifted his chair up into the air, first on instinct his fingers curled hard around the armrests but then he relaxed and enjoyed the tingling feeling of being airborne, however low it was. "That was amazing Kieara," he exclaimed as she lowered him down to the floor. "Just amazing," his brain must have stopped working, loosing the ability to use anything else than 'amazing'. "That would be amazing," he cursed inwardly at his fixation with that word, his hand unconsciously rising to the crystal around his neck. "But I don't want you to over excert yourself either." Though Dylan had no idea how much energy, or whatever it was that nurtured magic, it took to perform the things she'd done.

Kieara blushed and giggled at his amazement. "I've tried to practice." she said to him. "I'm fine." she replied with a smile. "Whenever you're ready to go to avalon, I will be more than happy to take you." She said to him. She smiled and purred softly walking over and sitting at his feet happily.

Still slightly over whelmed Dylan nodded to her words, maybe this had been a really good idea, now he was a bit prepared for what Avalon could possibly show him. If this was the power of a half blood then he could only imagine the power of a full blood and even the power of the world itself, still he was glad he had until tomorrow to gain his full composure back and really take in what he'd seen. Stretching forward Dylan grabbed the remote from the small coffee table and leaned back into the armchair zapping though a few channels, however it felt odd to just watch some TV after seeing all that magic.

"Wouldn't it be more comfortable to sit in the sofa?" He asked, looking down on Kieara sitting by his feet. Slightly perplexed by her behaviour, it was the same as earlier when she had stayed in the hall and been surprised when offered a chair, he wondered if this was a result of growing up in Avalon or her past as a slave.

Kieara looked up at him. "Oh yeah! I'm allowed aren't I?" She suddenly seemed so happy again. She suddenly disappeared into a purple poof of smoke, and reappeared on the sofa beside him purring.

Maybe he should have expeced somehing unusuall after her recen display but Dylan still jumped as Kieara vanished in puff if smoke and suddenly sa beside him, snapping his head to he side almost giving him a whiplash he gave her a wide eyed look. "This will take some getting used to," he said more to himself than to her. Although he did enjoy this despite his now calm behaviour, he preferred to keep his cool whenever possible and that also meant he kept excitment on a low as well. Stopping on a news channel Dylan started feeling more at ease, Kieara's purring being calming, just as a cat's would be.

Kieara nuzzled him affectionately. She liked her new master. She looked at the TV as well and blinked. "How'd you get the people in the box? Can they get out?" She made her way over cautiously and touched the screen. Static made a noise though and she jumped back hissing at it.

Starting to get used to her signs of affection Dylan didn't feel as stiff this time and could mostly ignore the fact that a girl nuzzled his arm, despite her ears and tail he often forgot that she was part tiger demon. Seeing her reaction for the TV he blinked in suprise, it was still strange to learn of another world that had no technology at all. "They are not real people," he said with a smile, pondering on how to explain it to her so she could understand. "It's just a device that can project what is sent to it, pictures or moving pictures." He wasnt sure how to word himself either, he never thought about how a TV worked, it was a TV, and everyday thing that most people had. "Like a magic mirror that can show things far away, although a TV also shows things that has already happened or is not real." He wasn't sure if they had thos in Avalon but he had seen it in some movie as a kid and perhaps they had it too.

As she jumped back with a hiss he let out a laugh, his old TV became charged when it was used, sparking when touched and pulling hair to the screen. He never seemed to remember buying a newer TV with a better screen when he had money, not that he really cared as he didn't see much difference in quality.