Let's Ride Into the Sunset Together (OoC and Sign-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for someone to interact with Otto.

I can NPC the Mayor if you want, because apart from Lilabell given his current situation, Matthias' pretty stuck as well xD

Twila Adams
Twila Adams.jpg

Height: 5' 7"
Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Twila is the daughter of Bradley and Anna Adams. Her father is in Shipping and is quite wealthy. She has lived a life of relative ease but with many restrictions and expectations. Fortunately, she is not the eldest or a male so some of the burden was taken by her elder brother Matthew. Twila has always been of strong mind and vocal opinion and when she came of age to decide her future, she politely declined every offer of marriage that was tossed her way in an effort to gain her father's money and instead enrolled in teaching college. Her family hoped she would outgrow this little 'tantrum' and come to her senses, but the longer she studied and heard of the many places children were without any form of education at all, the more determined she became to venture out west. There her life could have some meaning beyond her father's wealth, and most especially where her identity was not irrevocably linked to her father. She deeply loves her family but never really knows if people befriend her for herself or because they hope to gain something by the association. This uncertainty has led her to be a person of very few trusted friends, but many casual acquaintances. She does not easily trust others, but is most definitely a lover of children. Their bright eager minds and boundless energy delight and fascinate her. She believes she is properly prepared for life in the west, but that remains to be seen.

• Love
Reactions: noodle
Would the mayor be the one who hires her?? I'm not sure how to arrive or who to contact out of the present players. Thanks

I imagine the mayor would be the one to hire her, so I'll Post opposite you as an NPC role. Maybe she's already in the mayors office when the storm hits and he sends her to the Inn so she can stay the night to wait out the storm?

Sounds good to me. Thank you!! (I really don't want to be on the stage coach that's being held up at the moment..lol So being in the office works for me)

I can NPC the Mayor if you want, because apart from Lilabell given his current situation, Matthias' pretty stuck as well xD
If you want, I just posted that so that people knew that Otto was open for interaction, I am in no rush but I don't want him to be forgotten about at the same time.

Sounds good to me. Thank you!! (I really don't want to be on the stage coach that's being held up at the moment..lol So being in the office works for me)

So I'm gonna take a stab and say that you don't need the mayor to show up as somebody to interact with you? XD

Reactions: PoetLore
Sorry... realized I completely missed the storm and tried to compensate...Hope that's ok...but yeah she still needs to find him I imagine..

Haha no worries ^^

The mayor is gonna wind up going to the tavern after the storm anyways to check on the townspeople (and pester Matthias), so I'm sure they'll meet up eventually.

Thanks...Love the cast and the story so far..looking forward to helping it unfold!

Name: Senli.

Appearance:

IMG_6265.JPG

Senli often dresses in her hanfu (pictured above). She also has a cream-colored jingmo (kung fu uniform) she wears to practice her martial arts and when she expects to fight, and a hooded wool cloak she rolls up in at night. She has a mala (Buddhist prayer bead necklace) of simple wooden beads she wears as a necklace or wrapped around her wrist.

Biography:

Senli was abandoned on the steps of a Buddhist convent as a baby. She was raised by nuns, and taught Wushu, Tai Chi, and Wing Chun martial arts, including the use of the jian (Chinese longsword), bladed chain whip (a long chain with a crosswise handle at one end and a small blade at the other), "iron flute," fan, chopsticks and staff, along with other traditional arts such as calligraphy and the flute (music). When she was 15, a corrupt Qing magistrate claimed that the convent was a hotbed of sedition, but what he really wanted was to pillage it and sell the women into slavery and prostitution. He attacked with a military detachment, and in the chaos, Senli escaped.

She began a career as a youxia, a wandering righter of wrongs. In addition to fighting ordinary criminals like bandits and opium dealers, she began a patient, subtle campaign against the magistrate. One by one, she exposed the corrupt dealings of his political allies, and got them removed from power or dealt with them herself. Finally, the magistrate himself was brought down. However, he had placed a high bounty on her, and a gang of martial artist assassins had offered to capture her for him. They tracked her down and overpowered her, but when they brought her in, the magistrate was gone, and with him, the promised bounty. Hoping to get at least something for her and get rid of her for good at the same time, they sold her to a foreigner who would take her far away from China: a British dealer in opium and human trafficking who bought her to be someone's exotic and expensive mail-order bride.

She was sold to the son of a Southern plantation owner who had brought some slaves to the frontier in hopes of adding to the family's holdings. Horrified by what she saw of slavery, and traumatized by her own treatment at her "husband's" hands, Senli struggled to learn enough English to conspire with the slaves and find freedom. Whenever her husband was not watching, she practiced her skills, which he did not suspect she had. During her captivity, she became pregnant against her will, but as soon as the baby was born, her husband strangled it; when his plantation was built and successful, he'd marry a White girl from a good family to be the mother of his children.

Finally, the time came to strike. Senli made sure her husband was thoroughly drunk, then slipped out of bed and into the night. She assassinated his most dangerous overseers and used their keys to un-chain the slaves, who rose up in revolt. By morning, her former husband found himself staring into the hateful eyes of those he had oppressed. Senli left it to the slaves to exact their revenge. His beaten and mutilated corpse was found hanging from a tree, dealt with exactly as he had treated slaves who attempted to escape or resist. His partially constructed plantation house was burned to the ground.

Senli fled North with the former slaves until they escaped into Free territory, then parted ways. Unlike them, she did not have a community in the Northern cities to welcome her, nor could she even call herself an American citizen. Instead, she headed out into the frontier, where she could resume her path as a youxia, and perhaps someday find students and form a convent or monastery in some faraway, isolated location. Alone in nature, she found peace and recovery, until the winds literally blew her into a tiny town named Hopesville.

Weapons: Staff, bladed chain whip (its blade is an elongated teardop with the chain attachment at the wide end; it is sharpened along the forward edges and point, and decorated with a yin-yang and Chinese characters for her convent, so that it can be worn disguised as a necklace). Her flute is made of steel, and she knows martial arts techniques that use it as a weapon; she can also weaponize her chopsticks. Bowie knife (taken from one of her husband's overseers).

Other: Before Enlightenment, paint wagons. After Enlightenment, paint wagons.

Senli also has a monk's carrying bag, a small hatchet, flint and steel, a brass bowl, wooden spoon, and chopsticks.

Due to things happening in my personal life, I'm having to drop a whole bunch of my current RPs and I won't be picking any new ones up for some time. Unfortunately this is one of the RP's that I'm going to have to let go. I've enjoyed the time we've spent playing together and hope that you are able to find amany more people to participate in this thread. Best of luck and fun.

I am going out of town for 2 days. Leaving tomorrow morning very early and will be back very late Friday night. I'll check all my alerts when i get back. Thanks everyone!

Sorry to hear you have to leave Rayvyn. Best of luck with whatever is going on.

Due to things happening in my personal life, I'm having to drop a whole bunch of my current RPs and I won't be picking any new ones up for some time. Unfortunately this is one of the RP's that I'm going to have to let go. I've enjoyed the time we've spent playing together and hope that you are able to find amany more people to participate in this thread. Best of luck and fun.

You will be missed, but I'll leave a reserved spot open for you in case you get the chance to come back ^^

Best of luck! I'll NPC Lilabell out of the main story for now just so she's there, but you can pick her back up if you come back.

Reactions: PoetLore
Thank you for all of your understanding. I'll miss RPing with you all. Have fun!

Hey all; we still interested in keeping this going?

Reactions: Starrnico
Alright perfect, I'm gonna try to get some steam going for this again ^^

I'll compile a list of previous players and do a headcount. @Dakota K5 and @Pray4me, you guys are already on the list :3

Reactions: Starrnico
Status
Not open for further replies.