Let me in..

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kory chuckled "it doesn't? Well, there goes my plan for the night." He joked with a smirk.
A moment of silence fell, they just looked at eachother.
He smiled awkwardly "you have a nice smile." He commented as he fidgeted with his hands nervously.

Courtney laughed. "Ha ha ha Mr. Edward Cullen." She was still laughing and then a moment of silence fell over them. They just stood there and looked at each other for a bit. Courtney found the prolonged eye contact to be rather intense so she ended up looking away, feigning interest in a lady walking an extremely small dog. She could not keep the smile from her face, his laugh was such a heart felt one, and she wondered if it was because he was a vampire that she felt slightly drawn to him or if it was because of his own personality.

Courtney looked up at him when he said "you have a nice smile." He fidgeted with his hands as if he were nervous. She immediately smiled widely at his compliment. That was unexpected, A compliment from a vampire, the most gorgeous beings on earth. She was stunned for a few seconds until she realized that she had to respond."Thank you I uh...totally don't practice it in front of a mirror or anything if you were wondering." Courtney mentally face palmed, did telling a joke count as an answer for a compliment? "I mean you have an amazing laugh... really, has anyone ever told you that?"

Reactions: REincarnate
Ruby was confused with the situation. Feeling embarrassed, she apologized. "Well, I guess she can be safer with you than me." she told Kory. "Just call me when you need me." she said to the girl as she slipped a small, shiny stone in her hands. She sighed sadly and walked back home. "Why did I even bothered to interfere when I just made myself looked like an idiot." she muttered to herself. She arrived home and laid down her groceries. She continued to her greenhouse and sat on the bench on the middle. Her plants never failed to lift her mood. She closed her eyes and relaxed.

Courtney felt like an idiot. How could she forget about the person who had made it her business to make sure that Courtney was alright. She watched as Ruby walked away with a frown on her face. The words of her mother resounded in her ears we have to stick together or you'll be alone which will make it that much easier to fall. She looked at the tiny stone that Ruby had gave her and ran it over in her hands, it seemed to pulse in her palms as if magic already lived within it. She was so foolish, how could she already forget the first rule of her clan? Courtney sighed. She looked back up to find Ruby gone. She made up her mind. She would call Ruby tomorrow as soon as she woke up. Ruby was right, she did need her, Courtney did not have a clue about anything outside of what little her mother had taught her. She pocketed the stone in he pocket, making sure to close it to ensure it made it back to the apartment.

kory looked up "my laugh? I always thought it was awkward."
He chuckled and tilted his head "you don't have to practise your smile, a smile like yours only comes from natural beauty."
He looked down "I'm sorry I scared your friend.. I didn't mean to get angry.. I just.."
Kory let out a sigh "I've been hunted and bullied out of every single town I've been in, and it's made me feel lost for quite some time. So whenever I get the chance to talk to someone, I take it. Usually if somebody is bleeding, it gives me an entrance point so I don't seem so weird."
He smiled "for those seconds I can be just a man, looking for just a chat."

He stopped for a moment and than shrugged "That all goes to waste when they find out of course, I was blessed meeting your grandmother.. At first she would invite me to her doorstep, it took months before she actually invited me in, but she was accepting. I always respected and valued what she said. She's the one who warned me about the hunters and that I had to get out of town, she made me the ring because she knew my desire to walk in the daylight."

He looked at Courtney "You know, you look like her.. she was 31 when I met her.. but.. you look like her. Not that you look 31, I mean, well you know what I mean."

He was going on and on, where was the off switch?
Why was he being so stupid?
He felt weird, not out of place weird, but I can feel my heart beating weird.

Courtney could feel the warmth spread through her cheeks and she looked away from his eyes. God she hoped he didnt really think that she stood in front of a mirror all day just practicing her smile, that had been her small attempt at a joke. But she couldn't help but smile at him calling her beautiful. She wasn't used to compliments and it made her... happy.

"I think she was just really worried about me. I am I a newly emerged witch and she was looking out for me. I have to tell her thank you or do something." She thought of the stone in her pocket and the look on Ruby's face as she walked away.

Courtney's grandmother had never told her a story about a vampire. She wondered why. It was always faeries and werewolves and such "So one myth that Iis true is that you need an invitation to cross a threshold... that must be really annoying." Her grandmother had warned him, tried to save him and here she stood today. Her grandmother continued yo amaze her. As for hunters she had heard about them. They hunted down her kind for profit. She had been warned that they were getting smarter with their tactics and it made her shudder. Why would anyone make it their job to stomp magic out of the world?

She looked like her grsndmother? She smiled at the thought. She liked to listen to him talk. His voice was smooth almosy trance enducing. She didn't know what to say next, nervousness seemed to take over her.

Kory nodded "Yeah.. it is annoying, but people usually just think I am well mannered when I wait for them to invite me in."
He smiled and looked at her "I just moved in to town.. I was looking for furniture and stuff.."
A slightly more serious look appeared on his face "wanna help? I have no idea what I'm doing."

She opened her eyes and stood up. She changed clothes and put on her gardening outfit. She grabbed some if the seedlings and started digging up for them. It was quite warm but she didn't mind. She kept herself busy so that she wouldn't remember that tragic memory that resurfaced after seeing that new girl. She dug with more force than necessary. Her eyes started to blur as tears began falling. She took a deep breath and composed herself. She couldn't just butt in to every new person's business just because of that incident. She'll probably just make things worse than fix problems. She sighed loudly and resumed working. Talking to her plants, the time flew and when she looked up, it's time for her spell practice. She went back to the house to wash off the dirt and change her clothes. After gathering the necessary stuff, she proceeded to her study room.

Courtney laughed. "I'm pretty new to this town nyself. Just rented an apartment somewhere around here. I was kind of lost before I ran into you. But I can try to help as best as I can." Courtney did not have anything planned for today so she figured she should have some fun before she had to get do some work.

Kory chuckled "well, than we can find the way together." He suggested as he stood up.
For a moment he thought about Ruby "you could call your friend.. She seemed worried about you. As much as I know about magic, I don't actually know how to use it."
He smiled "we could go to dinner, my treat.. as an apology for my behaviour I suppose"

Reactions: CrimsonFang
Unlocking the door, she put her stones and spellbooks in the table. She then locked the door again out of habit and a bit of paranoia. She sat down and opened her book. She was going to try to enchant stones that has different effects. The spell's complexity depends on the kind of enchantment. That day, she'll try to enchant happiness into the stones. It seems like more people are in need of it. She spoke the enchantment all the while drawing in the air. She kept there for a long time.

Courtney smiled so wide her cheeks were hurting. They could all get to know each other and spend a day out on the town. It was perfect. She could learn what clan Ruby was in... what if they were like related.

Courtney nodded her head at Kory while pulling out the stone from her pocket. She didnt quite know how this worked as of yet but what other way was there to learn then try. She clasped the stone between her hands squeezing it tightly to her chest. She willed her magic to surge through the stone. Pushing every ounce she could into it, completely forgetting her earlier predicament. Then she called out to Ruby.

"Ruby are you there? Can you hear me?" She prayed that this would work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kory watched her, he stepped behind her and put his arms around her, holding her hands "just relax, okay? You can do it, you don't have to use all your magic at once, we don't want you to get hurt now, would we?"
He felt calm, he spoke calmly, Kory closed his eyes as they stood there.
He didn't know why he stepped behind her, he just felt like it could help.

Reactions: CrimsonFang
Ruby has just finished the last batch of stones when she heard a voice. "Ruby are you there? Can you hear me?" the voice said. Immediately recognizing Courtney's voice, she responded as she touched her necklace. "Yes. Are you alright? Where are you? I'll pick you up...That is if you want." she replied. "Just tell me where you are and I'll be there. Don't use too much of your magic. You need to take a rest." she said gently. She started packing her stuff so she can go to Courtney. She grabbed some of the stones just in case.

Courtney tried to focus all of her power into the stone when she felt Kory move from in front of her. He brought both of his arms around her and took her hand in his. She stiffened but he began to speak calmly, telling her to relax and to not overuse her magic again. She could feel his energy where ever his skin made contact with hers and focused on the flow, slowing her magic down to match it. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she had to force herself to focus on her task. She felt as if a great weight had been lifted off of her and she sighed in content.

She was slowly focusing her magic through the crystal when she got a response. She was just about to start jumping up and down in excitement when she remembered Kory standing behind her she closed her eyes to listen to Ruby's message. "Yes. Are you alright? Where are you? I'll pick you up... that is if you want. Just tell me where you are and I'll be there. Don't use too much of your magic. You need to take a rest."

She looked up at Kory, excitement in her eyes. "It worked Kory! It actually worked." She felt like a little kid, like the first time she'd come into her magic. Smiling she continued to talk through the stone. "Ruby, it's alright I'm ok. Im still at the park bench. I just wanted to get in contact with you, don't worry Kory helped me control the amount of magic im feeding the stone. I just wanted to say thank you, for...you know... trying to help me and everything. Would you be able to ... um come back, I would really like it if we could like hang out And Kory kind of wants to apologize. It's okay if you don't want to I'll understand."

She crossed her fingers and hoped Ruby would say yes.

She smiled as she heard her voice again. She heard her excitement and laughed lightly. Closing the door, she walked back to the park where she saw her. "Sure. I'd love to. I'm on my way so you can rest and wait for a while. Tell Kory he doesn't need to. It's my fault anyway." she told her in a reassuring voice. "I'll be there in a moment." she added as she hurried.

Kory smiled "good, you've done it!"
He let go and patted her on the back "what did she say? is she coming?"

She let him, he stood so close to her, and she let him.
did she trust him?
He felt quite accomplished that he helped her, maybe life wasn't that bad after all.

She was still embarrassed by her behavior earlier and she was quite nervous. As she neared the park, she took a deep breath then walked towards them. They were so close that she felt a pang in her heart. She remembered her sister again. Why is she being so nostalgic all of a sudden? She scolded herself as she smiled brightly while she greeted them. "Hey."

kory smiled "hey ruby.."
he put out his hand "I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier, it was stupid of me. Please accept my deepest apologies."

She took his hand and blushed. "No.it's my fault. I got carried away by my emotions. Let's start afresh. What do you think? Friends?" she said grinning. "Hi. I got your call." she told Courtney.