Let me in..

She fidgeted when Kory didn't return immediately. Trying not to worry Courtney, she touched her stone casually and talked to Kory. "Just checking if you're okay. And to ask if you need us or something." she said. "If you don't mind, can you hurry up a bit? I don't want her to get stressed." she added.

Reactions: REincarnate
kory looked up "I.. I'm fine.. Why would she get stressed? She doesn't care about me that much."
he joked as he started to walk away from the other vampire.
He turned the corner and walked "I'm on my way back anyway."

She rolled her eyes at his reply. "Puh-lease. I'm not blind you know. You guys are funny. Anyway, that's your biz so whatever." she replied through the stone, laughing. "He's on his way." she informed her.

Mackenzie frowned, still sitting on the concrete. She saw the exchange between the two people and watched as they both walked away.

"Oh, yeah, I'm okay," she called after them. They didn't hear her. "Weirdos," she mumbled.

She stood up, wincing as the scratches on her side throbbed. Thankfully, it wasn't bleeding, but she had still gotten her brand new top dirty. Mackenzie's shoulders slumped, feeling defeated. There was still nothing that was stopping her elbow from bleeding, so she grabbed a dirty newspaper off of the ground and held it against it, starting to walk. People gave her strange looks.

What an awful day.

Courtney looked to where Kory had just exited the restaurant. He said something about another vampire and rushed off. As soon as she was set out onto the world on her own it seemed that every supernatural being wanted to come out and play. What if it was serious. What if he got hurt? Come on he's been a vampire for a while and he doesn't exactly look weak, i'm pretty sure he can take care of himself, he can probably lift a whole bus with one arm. But it still unsettled Courtney, she was about to suggest that they go out and see if he needed any assistance... you know just to make sure everything was okay, when Ruby laughed and told her that he was on his way, she must have gave him the same stone that she gave Courtney. Courtney released a breath that she didn't realize that she was holding, and she visibly relaxed. He was perfectly fine, see nothing to worry about. "Every things taken care of?"

While she waited her mind strayed back to Ruby. She wanted to know which clan she was apart of, how long had she had her magic, and most importantly if she would be willing to give Courtney some guidance of sorts. It looked like she knew way more about things Courtney had no idea about and Courtney didn't want to have to rely on people for the rest of her life, that was the whole reason she was out here in the first place. She couldn't quite bring up the courage to ask yet, maybe when they got to know each other better, she did not want to be intrusive or anything. She pushed her pasta around her plate with her fork.

She smiled when Courtney relaxed. "Yeah. He'll be here in a while so don't fret about your boyfriend." she teased her, eyes twinkling. She really reminds her of her sister that's why she promised herself to help her become powerful even if it's the last thing she'll do. With that in mind, she decided to propose to help her sharpen her magic. She looked up to see her observing her but also seemed to be deep in thought. Clearing her throat, she started, "Uhm. Hey. I know I'm being pushy and stuff but I would like to ask you something." Taking a deep breath, she continued "How about I take you in and we practice our magic together?" She crossed her fingers. She doesn't know what is driving her to help her but it won't hurt, right? "Think about it. You won't have to worry about safety and house and stuff. Plus, we need to work out on your magic. Wielding magic without proper training could be disastrous. Not that I doubt you or anything. What do you think?" she said trying to convince her. "You can ask me anything if that will help you to decide." she said after a few seconds.

Courtney instantly blushed when Ruby said boyfriend. "We don't... I mean...I was just worried... he-I...I..." Courtney just stopped talking and started to fidget with her fingers. What was wrong with her all of a sudden. It was like her brain was turning into mush, why was she so nervous? She opened her mouth to offer some type of coherent excuse when Ruby began to speak again. "Uhm. Hey. I know I'm being pushy and stuff but I would like to ask you something." She exhaled in relief to be switching the subject and nodded her head for Ruby to go on. "How about I take you in and we practice our magic together?" Ruby crossed her fingers. Courtney's jaw dropped. Was this really happening? Her mouth opened and closed trying to form words. "Think about it. You won't have to worry about safety and house and stuff. Plus, we need to work out on your magic. Wielding magic without proper training could be disastrous. Not that I doubt you or anything. What do you think?You can ask me anything if that will help you to decide." Courtney couldn't believe it. This was actually happening. She just sat there staring at Ruby. This girl that she had just met that very day was willing to take her under her wing and teach her. Willing to dedicate her time to helping a random stranger. Before she knew it Courtney was out of her seat and engulfing Ruby in a tight bear hug. She let her go and with the eagerness of a child, she was looking at Ruby with excited eyes. She clutched both of her hands in front of her face "Thank you, thank you, thank you,you don't know how much this means to me, I have soooooooo many questions."

She was taken by surprise but recovered and laughed fondly as the girl's excitement showed. "I think I know what this means to you." she held her hands and squeezed it gently. "We can discuss your questions once at home. One of the rules is never discuss about your nature in public. Hunters are almost everywhere so it's not safe." she replied smiling.

I think about the male vampire sadly,my loneliness filling my eyes and thoughts.For a moment i think about following the male and speaking to him.I quickly push the thought away...sadness for ones self is weakness...weakness makes one soft....and becoming soft gets you killed.I have been alone for several decades...I was used to being alone by now.
Frowning,I walk out of the alley and onto the sidewalk as if nothing had happened.I catch the scent of the male and wonder to myself what it feels like to not be alone...for it was a pleasure id forgotten over the decades.I turn and walk down a random direction on the sidewalk...its not like ive anywhere to go anyways.
I suddenly look up at where i am after walking for a few minutes and find myself standing at the entrance to a restaurant...through the window i could clearly see two women that i knew instantly were witches.

Out of instinct, she swept the room again in a glance and realized that there is a vampire looking at them. The vampire was just looking at them so there's no need for her to fuss until she could be certain that she wouldn't harm them. Besides, they're in public and doing magic in public could be dangerous. It would attract hunters and then that's gonna be a hell of disaster if that ever happens. She kept an eye on the stranger while trying to entertain and listen to Courtney. "What's taking Kory so long? I'm sure nothing bad had happen to him but I mean like we can't stay forever here." she told the young witch. Touching the stone again, she contacted him. "Where are you? It's just you're taking forever to get here." she said. She's debating whether to tell him of the vampire looking at them. She smiled tentatively at her without Courtney noticing.

I see the witch smile at me and freeze I turn and keep walking shyly. I wasn't someone that people try to be friends with. I crave friendship... but no one in the world would ever befriend a monster like me. I sigh and find myself at a dead end I turn and see a building beside me. I climb the building when nobody is looking and sit on the roof looking at the sky sadly.

Ruby had mixed feelings when the stranger walked away. Did she look creepy smiling? She wondered about that person. Now that she think about it, she looked pretty sad. She hoped they could meet again so she could help her. But for the meantime, she's getting impatient and worried by Kory. And Courtney was starting to fidget again. Where is he?

Courtney was slowly putting pasta into her mouth not really tasting the food. She could tell something was up but Ruby said they had things under control so she didn't need to worry right. They both had more experience than she did anyway. It was probably taking him some time because he ran into someone he knew or something. She knew that Ruby could communicate with Kory through a link from the stone, which she was probably doing right now so for now she would have to wait. She saw Ruby look towards the window and smile. Courtney looked to the window as well when she saw a girl. Something about her made her think of Kory. But then a second later she walked off with a look of longing on her face. Did Ruby know the girl?

"Hey Ruby how long have you had your... you know..." she didn't want o say the word magic outloud Ruby made it clear that hunters could be anywhere.

Her attention snapped back to Courtney. She understood what she was trying to say. She smiled before she replied, spearing a ravioli with her fork. "You mean my talents?" she said winking. "Since I was a small girl. I was able to make things move sometimes and it terrified me at first." she began. "Then my mother taught me how to use it properly." she added. "I was really clumsy that I break things whenever I use them or when I'm in my temper episodes." she laughed at the memory.

I sigh and look at the city from the roof of the building I'd climbed the city was a nice view... but I missed the mountains and valleys I once called home. I'd been forced to leave to find better food sources when the humans there noticed that the animals were found drained of blood.

Kory rushed inside, to the table.
It might've looked like he had just appeared, but he had to befast.
He looked at them "where?! Are you okay!?"

Slowly looking around the room he sensed her presence.
The other vampire from earlier was close, but he wasn't going to bother her again.
She seemed to not want to be in contact anyway.

Kory sighed and sat down "No harm.. She's.. somewhat friendly.."
He looked at Courtney, than at Ruby "did I miss something?"

"Nothing much. We're just chatting here while waiting for you. So what happened?" she asked him as she nudged Courtney with her foot.

Kory shook his head "n-nothing.. I think she is just passing though, though I'm not sure."
He looked around again "She didn't seem keen on making contact, neither did she seem to mean any harm."

He felt Ruby's foot moving and looked down before looking at Courtney "wait.. am I interrupting? I can.. I can go, I'll leave the money and I'll see you later or something."

"No. It's nothing. Really. Don't be so hasty. Courtney missed you, that's all." she said teasing her. "Sit down please. People are staring." she asked him smiling.

He sat down and looked at Courtney confused "Missed me?"
Kory could feel his cheeks heat up and hid his face "She didn't, you're just trying to make me shy."
He chuckled slightly and stretched "Did you guys order yet?"