Let me in..

She sees the male from earlier and smells the scent of the shadow on him, making her go into a severe backflash as she relives every cut, every cruel abusive moment of her time when she was tortured and imprisoned by the shadow.
She gasps for air, Her eyes now completely black and wide in terror. As the flashbacks grow more intense she lets out a shriek that shakes the entire block. After several minutes of the flashbacks, she stops screaming and looks into the male vampires eyes, her eyes turn golden and desperate.
"Please...not my wings... " she says, her eyes gazing into the air, golden tears stream from her eyes... then she blacks out and collapses.

Courtney took the cloth and glass of water from Viktors hand. Looking him in the eyes. "Thank you." She poured water onto the cloth and dabbed Kory's head with it, wiping away any traces of blood. Vicktor came back this time with a vial in his hands. It was the potion. "Thank you both." Courtney gave Vicktor a smile in return. She was already beginning to think that she would be extremely lost without Ruby.

Courtney heard Ruby tell her she was going out for air so she nodded her head."Okay just please be careful." Courtney knew Ruby could handle herself but the shadow could come back and they did not know what it was after. Viktor sat besides them and asked if she needed help. "I just need to give him the potion, get his wounds cleaned and healed."

In that moment Kory gripped her hands tightly, causing for her to jump in surprise. He brought her hands to his lips kissing them as tears welled up in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." he kept repeating it and her heart nearly broke. She made shushing noises to calm him down, and rubbed circles in the back of his hand.

"Don't apologize,it's not your fault, you have nothing to be sorry for." She made to uncork the vial when he began to stir, asking what it was and if it would hurt him. She put her hand on his shoulder. "It's a potion that will help to heal your wounds. You need to drink it... please...your wounds are not healing by themselves and you are losing a lot of blood."

He curled his head against her stomach. Courtney just wanted to put her hands around him and stay like that for awhile but she needed to get him to drink the potion. If he did not drink the potion she would have to funnel her magic into him through their linked hands. She could not tell him because they had met because of her overuse of her powers and he would know, then he would not allow it. He had to be healed.

She brought the vial to his face. She hoped with all of her being that the potion would work. "It'll help." Instead of drinking Kory began to talk. "I.. Vampire.." then he was up and out the front door. Courtney looked at the vial and then sniffed it. "It can't be that bad." Then it struck her... Ruby. She was up and off the couch in seconds flat and out the front door. She made it outside to see a Vampire crouched in a defensive position facing Ruby, with Kory right besides her. She stood with them the vial still in her hands her hand on Ruby's arm. "What's going on? Who is this." her stance ready to take action if anything happened.

The girl began to shriek and thrash once she looked at Kory, her eyes turning completely black, then she began to cry tears of... gold. And she collapsed all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Kory was weak, he got to his feet, and stumbled to the vampire.
He got on his knees and brought his arm to her lips "here.. drink.. it will make you stronger.."
Usually he wasn't that good with others, but the fact Courtney was around helped him alot.
Kory lend closer and whispered "He has taken you too.. hasn't he?"
Letting out a small sigh, he looked at Courtney and Ruby "I don't know her.. but I think she needs that drink.."
He looked down "I.. uhm.. I need to talk to you.. in a while.. Courtney.."

She wakes, seeing that the male was holding her. She smelled his blood...she felt the burning need to let the delicious liquid fill her mouth...
She presses her lips gently to his arm and lets herself drink the blood. As her tongue lightly went over the cut, the blood flowed more freely,though no pain was inflicted upon the male. The blood made her stronger and she felt better almost as soon as the blood touched her lips. After consuming a few mouthfuls of the incredibly delicious blood she forced herself to stop, to end the flow of liquid desire.She could sense his weakness and knew she must not continue.
She looks up at him, her eyes now a calm gold...like the color of honey.
"You...you let me drink from you...I...thank you," she says,though the words are more like shocked whispers.
She had never come upon a male like him, let alone one that would ever let her drink their blood. Vampire blood was not as good as human blood, but it still strengthened vampires.
She faintly recalled his whispered question and the words make her shiver, though not of cold, for she never felt cold or hot anymore.
"Yes...he held me as a prisoner for a decade...he abused me in ways so cruel even you could never imagine such agony and hopelessness," she whispers so quietly only he can hear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Courtney watched as Kory stumbled over to the Vampire on the floor. She cautiously made her way over as well. He was holding his arm out to the female Vampire, up against her lips. Was he was offering her blood? She wanted to reach out and stop him because he had lost so much himself and was very nearly close to passing out, but she could clearly see that this was not her call. She would not stop him from helping someone who needed help, that would be horrible. She just wished that he had drank the potion earlier, he looked so... drained. What ever that shadow was had taken it's toll on him. He lean't down closer to the girl whispering something into her ear and Courtney shook her head to get out of a stupor. "I don't know her.. but I think she needs that drink.." Courtney bit her bottom lip. He did not understand how worried he was making her with each passing moment that he was like this. But she pulled the vial out anyway and uncorked it. Ruby had made enough for one person. She looked up at Kory, he wasn't getting any better. What about you? She shook her head again. The girl needed it.

"I.. uhm.. I need to talk to you.. in a while.. Courtney.." She looked him in the eyes and nodded her head "Okay". She wanted to ask what he needed to talk to her about but now clearly wasn't the time. She brought her attention back to the vial. "Do you want me to do it?" She made to move to the female vampire. Her lip quivered but her voice was calm.

Reactions: REincarnate
Viktor ran we heard about another vampire near Ruby. He was with Courtney in a second. He stopped beside Ruby who was looking concerned at the two vampire then at Courtney. "Uhm, miss? Would you mind if I help you up? Courtney, you can help Vic with Kory." she instructed them as she helped the female to the house. Viktor nodded at Courtney for her permission. His face was taut in concern and a bit of anger. Ruby likes to help people but she gets into trouble because of it, too. He sighed internally as he waited for Courtney.
"So..I'm Ruby by the way. I hope you feel comfortable with us." she said, making small talk to make their visitor at ease.

She sees a male and more witches gathering around her, this makes her nervous. She did not have good experiences with crowds...
"Please don't hurt me...I will leave but please do not hurt me. I am sorry that I intruded...please just let me go unharmed," she pleads to them with frantic and fearful eyes.

Reactions: REincarnate
Kory looked confused "We won't hurt you.. Let us help you.."
He slowly got up and put out his hand "we're not bad, and I guess that we all are going to need eachother one way or another."

He flashed a smile, and even though weak, tried to help the vampire up.
When he helped her, he turned to Courtney.
Kory slowly reached out and took her hand, stepped closer and rested his forehead against hers "Can I.. drink it..?"
He looked into her eyes "I'm so so sorry Courtney, I don't want you to be scared of me."

• Love
Reactions: CrimsonFang
She takes his hand, getting to her feet with his help. She sees how he looks at the witch and immediately knows that they are a couple. Great... now his girlfriend would hate her for drinking his blood.
"I will let you help me... but if you try anything I won't hesitate to fight you back, " she says.
She truly wanted to trust them... she just had been through too much to do that with people she'd only just met.
"I already know your names... don't ask me how... I just know things. You're Courtney, you're Ruby, you're Viktor... " she lists the names looking them each in the eyes as she lists their names. When she gets to the male vampires name her eyes linger on his without her permission," ...and you are... Kory... " she whispers his name... something about it was painfully familiar, as if some old human memory was trying to make itself known, but it couldn't.
She realizes that her gaze had lingered on his for too long and she rips her eyes from his, hoping his girlfriend Courtney didn't catch that.
She stares at the ground, and nervously adjusts her belly piercing, shaped like a pair of silver angel wings, that was exposed under the brim of her white crop top. Her jean shorts were dirty from much time of travel, yet they still fit her extremely healthy, fit body perfectly.
She just felt like hiding behind her long golden hair and shielding herself from their eyes.

Courtney looked at the girl. She looked so scared of them or something. She did not look like she wanted to harm them. She felt no harm of inviting her in. Her father often called her too trusting but Courtney called it the benefit of the doubt. "We will not hurt you, we just want to help. You dont have to fear us."

Kory turned to her and slowly reached out and took her hand. He got closer and then bent to lean his forehead against hers. Courtney could not stop her heart rate from increasing significantly as she had no choice but to look up into his eyes. She was sure he could hear her heart beat speed up which made her blush. He was so close. She could feel the blood rushing to her head. When it came to situations like these Courtney was always so awkward. She cleared her throat and tried to hide a smile when she realized that he had asked for the potion which was still uncorked in her hand. The female Vampire was up and walking now, but Kory needed it more at the moment. Courtney brought the potion up and held it out between them. Relief settling in on her now that he would be healed. She sighed in contentment. "Please do."

"I'm so so sorry Courtney, I don't want you to be scared of me." Courtney closed her eyes and inhaled. Placing the vial into his palm and wrapping her hand around his. "I am not scared scared of you, I was scared for you. You have done nothing as so far to make me fear you. I mean the whole shadow thing was kind of like... woah, but it was not your fault." She pulled him into an embrace her head on his shoulders. And then pulled back her hand still in his.

Movement besides them caused for her to put her attention on the Female Vampire. "I already know your names... don't ask me how... I just know things. You're Courtney, you're Ruby, you're Viktor... " Courtney was not that shocked to be honest. So many weird things had already happened today so adding a telepathic Vampire to the mix was not a stretch but it was still pretty awesome. She offered the girl a friendly smile when they made eye contact, to ease her mind, to let her know they mean't her no harm. " ...and you are... Kory... " She whispered his name and seemed to pause as she said it. Like she recognized him or was trying to. Courtney thought nothing of it, seeing as though they were in fact Immortal beings who could have possibly crossed paths at one point. But a little voice at the back of her head wanted her to look closer at things, at the way she was looking at him... would Kory prefer someone of his own kind, someone immortal like him. She shook those thoughts from her head... looking at Kory again and giving him a big smile. She would not worry about that.

"We should get inside, we don't want to attract any unnecessary attention gathered like this, or any attention from hunters either with all of this magical concentration." Courtney turned to the Female Vampire. " You are of course invited if you want to come in." she held her hand out towards the house in invitation. "You already know our names, but what do you like to be called?"

• Love
She smiles shyly when Courtney invites her in, she was a master at hiding emotions behind perfect masks...like she was doing now. Inside she sighed sadly,they knew not how strange she was.
"Thanks...I am grateful to you all for helping me," She says kindly to them.
She was so deep in thought, trying to remember why Kory's name,face, and voice were so familiar to her, that she does not even hear Courtney ask her what her name was. The woman racked her endless memories in search of Kory but found nothing in her vampire memories,and when she reached her human memories it was as if their was a wall blocking her from accessing her distant human memories.

Kory took the potion and drank it.
it tasted quite awful, bitter, anf it made him cough.
He lend down as he coughed "what the.. we couldn't have a nice tasting potion?"
Kory chuckled slightly at himself before looking up "yeah.. Let's get inside the house.."

He could hear Courtney's heartbeat, was that his fault?
Kory stayed close to her, wrapping his arm around her as they walked back.
He smiled at the vampire "Come on, it's this way."

She follows the others into the house,once inside she remains at the door,hesitating to go further into the home. She hadn't been in someone's home on invitation in decades..it felt strange to her.
"I shall remain here while Kory is seen to...the abomination that hurt him can do damage that is MUCH more than physical..trust me I would know. Make sure he is okay..I will not intrude into any further room of your dwelling unless it is said that I am allowed,not because I am a vampire, but because it is simply my way," She tells the witches.

The female vampire was scared of them and all of them especially Courtney managed to calm her down. She hid a smile when she noticed how Courtney and Kory were getting closer by the minute. That's good. They definitely need each other, she thought. Then she watched in amusement as Kory grimaced at the potion she made. He complained about the taste and she had to stop herself from rolling her eyes. What, you want strawberry flavor? It was an emergency so we didn't bother to make it taste nicer, she said to herself. She caught Viktor looking at her in his usual grumpy expression and shrugged. "What? I know you don't like vampires but come on. Can't you see that they're good people?" she said telepathically. "I still don't trust them. How can you just forgive them..After all you've experienced with them. After what they've...." his tirade was cut off immediately by Ruby. "Enough! Back off Vic. I don't wanna talk about it." she told him. Viktor went quiet but looked grim.
Ruby conceded to the female vampire's wishes. "We understand." she told her. As Kory and Courtney started to go back, she hesitated for a bit before going to Courtney's side. "You go on ahead. I know you can help Kory. I just need to talk to Viktor. He's getting a bit restless." she said apologetically. "We'll just be in the backyard so you can yell to us if we're needed." she added before nodding to her friend warlock and together, they disappeared into the backyard. Once there, Ruby let out a frustrated sigh. "Now, what? I just hope you'd stop with your doubting me whether I can handle myself with the vampires. I'm not a kid anymore. It won't happen again." she said trying to control her emotions lest the two would hear them. Viktor stared at her with frustration, too. "Look. It's not that I don't trust you but you'd been hurt enough by their kind. If it wasn't for me, where would you be?" he said in a hiss. Ruby flinched at his statement. She knew that she'd be dead if not for him. "I know that. I'm not stupid and ungrateful. Just let me decide on my own. I'm strong enough now." she said as a small sob escaped her. Viktor's eyes softened and put his arms around her. "There. There." he said soothingly, patting her hair affectionately.

Reactions: CrimsonFang
She sighs as they walk away,though not loudly. She sees a chair in the hallway and sits on it to await being spoken to. She knew of course that the warlock despised vampires, heck it didn't take her powers to know how he felt about his blood drinking company.She sits and delves back into her memories, completely blocking out the real world and traveling back through her memories seeking out Kory.
The strange urge to hug him,to love him...she felt as if she was connected to the male in a strange way...not by love as in dating or marriage, but as a sister would care for a brother. She remembered none of her human life or family...only waking up and having a burning thirst and ...killing that man...drinking his blood. The very memory of human blood made her mouth begin to water and her throat thirst for the liquid desire. She shook off the blood lust and returned to searching her memories for Kory.
With each memory she searched, she literally relived the memory as if she were there and it was happening just as it had in the memory. She was only able to dig up a memory of herself as a human..it must have been just before the change happened...she was laying, bitten and bleeding from her throat...she called out Kory's name faintly then blacked out before awakening as a vampire two day following.
"How do I know you Kory...who were you to me so long ago..." she didn't mean to say the thought aloud but does anyway.

"what the.. we couldn't have a nice tasting potion?" Courtney laughed. "Maybe it was that bad." Kory wrapped his arm around her and she let herself lean into him. This felt nice. They walked into the house but the girl stopped at the door. Courtney looked back wanting to see what stopped her.

"I shall remain here while Kory is seen to...the abomination that hurt him can do damage that is MUCH more than physical..trust me I would know. Make sure he is okay..I will not intrude into any further room of your dwelling unless it is said that I am allowed,not because I am a vampire, but because it is simply my way,"

" Come on in, you guys have free reign of the house, we'll be leaving it behind soon anyway, we actually came to just grab some of my stuff but it's getting really late so we might just end up staying here for the night.."

Courtney hesitantly nodded her head at Ruby. The last time she went on ahead Ruby was put in a dangerous situation. Things were alright now right. She glanced at Viktor. He was Ruby's friend. Perhaps she would be safe with him? She bit her lip looked from Ruby to Viktor again. They both looked to be in deep thought but then Viktor began to look upset. Were they Linking? She figured they might need a moment. "Okay, but call if you need anything, we'll be just inside." She began to walk again looking back at them before entering the house.

The couch... the couch was not a pretty picture. It looked like someone was murdered there. Blood decorated the fabric, making her just a tad bit queasy. She turned to Kory, pointing to the couch with a grin on her face. "Good thing I remembered to get that replacement warranty huh?" She was pretty sure that there was some type of spell to get the couch clean again, and getting people to come and replace a couch with a generous amount of blood stains on it was not the best idea, but tense moments called for jokes... at least in her books. But thinking on it now it might have been too soon to joke about it.

She glance at Kory, studying his face. "Are you okay?" It was probably a stupid question but, he had just been attacked by a shadow thing, and Courtney did not know how badly he was mentally affected by it, like the female Vampire had said.

• Love
She focused again on the current time and looked around, she'd been told that she was allowed to move throughout the home at her leisure, though she'd still be respectful. She gets to her feet and walks into the living room, she sees Courtney with Kory and immediately turns away so as not to intrude.
She can smell Kory's blood on the couch and must force her body to obey her rather than instinct.
She sighs and walks into what appeared to be a kitchen...she wrinkles her nose in disgust at the unappetizing scents that filled her nose when she entered the room. She backs out of the kitchen, trying to put distance between herself and the scents.

Kory chuckled "oh yeah, because a couch covered in blood won't raise any questions."
He felt at ease around her, she could make his heart beat faster with just a look.
As their eyes locked, he could feel himself get warmer.
His heartbeat raised, as he started to blush.

These feelings were unusual for him, but also comforting.
He nodded slowly "I'm.. uhm.. I'm okay.." He looked down, he was getting nervous.
Scraping together all his confidence, he looked back into her eyes "I'm always okay if you're around.."

Kory stepped closer, his palms felt warm, his face felt warm.
He bit his lip as he locked his gaze on her completely.
For a moment, nothing was around them "are you.. are you okay?"

She sniffed and smiled with watery eyes to Viktor. "Trust me okay? You should know by now that I'm really grateful that you rescued me but I need you to trust me." she insisted gently to him to which he nodded and even managed to smile at her. "Okay. Let's start moving then." he said with his voice once again calm and husky. She giggled as they went back inside after checking the surroundings if there were still some creatures lurking about. The area was quiet and they could hear the cicadas. Looking at the sky, it showed that nighttime is upon them.
They entered the living room and the sofa looked like someone bathed in blood while sitting on it. She winced at the smell that somehow permeated the room and it could mean trouble for them. Nighttime creatures could smell blood for some miles away which was not a great idea at the moment. They have to purify the fabric or burn it to make sure no unwanted visitor would show up at the door.
"Courtney, dear. I'm wondering if you have any plans regarding the sofa?" she asked once she was well inside the house. "It reeked of blood and I smelled it even from outside. We could either clean it or burn it. Your call." she told her, thinking that burning it was much better since even if they clean the fabric, there might traces left still on it. "If you would like my opinion, I suggest we burn it for safety purposes." she suggested. "Oh, and are we staying the night? I can cook." she smiled at the thought. "As I say, food solves most of our problems." she laughed lightly at her attempt to joke.