Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with that. :ferret:

Might need luck if I was going to wantonly burst through the front gates and mount a full fledged assault on Davian. Instead I'm tempted to have him brought up on some kind of war crime. The Papal forces were at least partly comprised of Mercenary forces and Republic/Templar sympathizers, the order given to slaughter these forces was likely issued after the leader of the Papacy was slain (Unless you say otherwise I mean).

How long would these Sympathizers have fought AFTER they were literally given exactly what they were looking for i.e. a display that a rebellion of the Papacy was feasible? How long would Mercenaries fight when the guarantee of gold suddenly fell through and they found themselves on the wrong side of the battle?

What I'm reading is telling me that either the Papal forces were comprised of only 10% Mercenaries and Sympathizers, or that 90% of these groups were likely killed in the ensuing slaughter ordered by Davian. That, or the Pope was literally one of the last enemy standing, and able to somehow convince 90% of his (quickly diminishing) army to fight to the death, instead of surrendering to the superior invading force.

I won't even bother asking why the siege was broken in the first place, but as an order on the battle field Davian should be held accountable for what likely resulted in the deaths of too many potential allies, and probably a lot of civilians too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Snakey
Hmm, who should I try to have Laenaia poke other than the usual people.... :v

Kirina's 'Better Lucky than Skilled' trait has been altered to be once a mission.

Here is an interesting Infographic thing that I got curious about.

Here is a list of the Best of the Best: That is, which Queen's Blade has attained the greatest talent in each stat.

- Perseverance: 80 (Cennick/Abjaar/Yuri)
- Defender: 70 (Yuri/Armerza/Cennick)
- Heavy Hitter: 80 (Kasim/Murderok/Abjaar)
- Combat Senses: 60 (Cennick/Armerza/Kattalin)
- Repositioning: 60 (Kattalin)

- Reflexes: 80(Kasim/Mars)
- Cloak of Innocence: 75 (Kirina)
- Rapid Blows: 80 (Mars)
- Sharp: 80 (Bart/Praxis/Kasim)
- Dancer: 70 (Kirina)

- Raw Talent: 80 (Bronwyn/Kria)
- Mastery: 80 (Bart/Kria)
- Wells of Power: 80 (Bronwyn)
- Pattern weaving: 65 (Tinka)
- Fortitude: 70 (Abjaar)

Reactions: Orion
Here is an interesting Infographic thing that I got curious about.

Here is a list of the Best of the Best: That is, which Queen's Blade has attained the greatest talent in each stat.

- Perseverance: 80 (Cennick/Abjaar/Yuri)
- Defender: 70 (Yuri/Armerza)
- Heavy Hitter: 80 (Kasim/Murderok/Abjaar)
- Combat Senses: 60 (Cennick/Armerza)
- Repositioning: 50 (Murderok/Armerza/Mars)

- Reflexes: 80(Kasim/Mars)
- Cloak of Innocence: 75 (Kirina)
- Rapid Blows: 80 (Mars)
- Sharp: 80 (Bart/Praxis)
- Dancer: 70 (Kirina)

- Raw Talent: 80 (Bronwyn)
- Mastery: 80 (Bart)
- Wells of Power: 80 (Bronwyn)
- Pattern weaving: 65 (Tinka)
- Fortitude: 70 (Abjaar)
Kasim has 80 Sharp too.

Kria has 80 Raw Talent and 80 Mastery.

I am disappointed in your failures.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
os6AAnE.png

Also, Kattalin has 60 in both Combat Senses and Repositioning

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Jorick
This is what I get for trying to do nice things.

You ever wonder why Abjaar is a cunt? Clearly a sign of unrepressed rage.
Don't do nice things.

Bruv Douchebear care about three-way collab between Kasim, Helene and Laenaia? :v

Reactions: Brovo
  • Name: Doomfist the Unslayable
    Race: ORC
    Sex: YES
    Appearance:
    f3970fe80d9a721ccafbc661ce32526c.jpg
    1a150424795bf466ae40102c6b70f4a1.jpg

Homeland: The Underdark
    Biography:
    While originally an Orc from the Liverian tribes, Doomfist (self titled, maiden name Morgath Xolarthath) at a young age soon found himself ill at ease to what he considered a weak lifestyle. He found that most Orcish opponents were too equal in the arts of war to truly improve his or their strength. Seeking greater foes, he chose the harsh environment of the Underdark.

This was a mistake. Doomfist found that while the elven women were alluring, they were also fond of lies and poison. Usually at the same time. Left for dead in a cave, a Dwarf under the name of Topak Perirock passed by. Recognizing the effects of a Drow poison, he managed to, with help, bring Doomfist to the best -those willing to actually attempt to nurse an Orc to health- apothecary.

Topak visited occassionally as Doomfists lungs attempted to escape into his colon. During these visits, he espoused the Dwarvish courage and valor. He didn't have to bring Doomfist here, so really, wouldn't the valoric thing to do be to work in his mines? For free? For at least five years?Which Doomfist did, though in the end he had acquired enough clout punching Mindflayers who stumbled into the occassional mine in the face to convince some blacksmiths to forge armor worthy of his self-proclaimed heroism. He was officially given a dwarven name, Morgath Doomfist.

Which he immediately used after joining the Dwarven military. He rose through the ranks and eventually proved himself in several heavy sieges by the Drow and even at times fellow Orcs. Somewhere in these conflicts he had acquired a magical gauntlet, which he claims he found during a siege within some ruined temple while searching for rats for food. He generally doesn't explain further, preferring to explain how to cook a good, filling rat and espousing the act as something every standing military should teach their 'cruits.

Having heard of the Tulerian assault of a demon portal and seeing the falling out of the Coalition, Doomfist has lost faith in the Dwarves cause. He has asked to join the Blades in order to hopefully rectify the issue, in what he sees as two strong nations wasting their full potential.

Motivation: To encourage strength, solidarity, and courage in the world through feats of heroism. The side benefit: He gets to kill a lot of things. He hopes to reunite the Drow and Dwarves.

Heavy Stat: 40.
    • Perseverance: 80.
    • Defender: 80
    • Heavy Hitter: 80
    • Combat Senses: 80
    • Repositioning: 80.
    Light Stat: 0.
    • Reflexes: 0.
    • Cloak of Innocence: 0.
    • Rapid Blows: 0.
    • Sharp: 0.
    • Dancer: 0.
    Magic Stat:
    • Raw Talent: 0.
    • Mastery: 0.
    • Wells of Power: 0.
    • Pattern Weaving: 0.
    • Fortitude: 0.

Custom Traits: (Your custom traits. You create these! You start with ten custom trait points to spend on creating and upgrading custom traits.)
    • Rough Entry: Has a higher chance to succeed in shield charges, whatever the goal of a charge may be.
    • Orcish: Doomfists stamina is legendary and he's able to swing more often than anyone rightly should.
    • Orcish Rank 2: When battle worn or brought to near death, Doomfist can release one last reserve of incredible might.
    • Mirror Shield: His shield has a chance to reflect spells fired at it.
    • Mirror Shield Rank 2: Holding the shield in direct light reflects the light into anyone facing Doomfists shield, reducing their attack effectiveness.
    • The Unslayable Armor: Due to the strange notched mithril design of his armor, the more targets attack doomfist, the harder it is to penetrate the armor rather than graze it.
    • Doomslash: Doomfist can swing at multiple opponents at once, without the usual penalty.
    • The Doomfist: Wears a magical gauntlet which acts as the guard of his sword, when facing multiple foes, has a chance to be added to an attack that sends one of those opponents flying backwards. Is worn in his sword hand and he can punch while clenching the hilt. This attack looks like a ghostly clenched fist flying towards an opponent. He does this subconsciously, due to the nature of the gauntlet.
    • Watch the big one!: Enemies facing Doomfists allies are constantly watching out for him, generally due to his size and constant angry yelling. Buff to allied defensive rolls.
    • Watch the big one! Rank 2: When an enemy attacks an ally, Doomfist will attempt to block the blow if he is able.

Story Traits:

Equipment List:
    Dwarvish mithril plate armor
    A Longsword
    Mirrored Tower Shield

Romance: The romance between Kouri and Doomfist will be legendary

Does the Kouri Plushie Exist?: Yes XOXOXXOOXOXOXOX

Signature: I already signed away my soul once, why not again?

• Name: Maribelle Dufont
    Race: Human
    Sex: Female
    Appearance:
    be97331dabbb14665e131c25803a9cf5.jpg
    Homeland: Kingdom of Tuleria
    Biography:
    Maribelle Dufont of the Dufont family of Merchants, Brokers, and Dubious Banking was raised on the many roads across Tuleria and Freeholds with her father who taught her as much of the trade as he could. The inevitable fire of youth to cast all elder teachings to the side and cut their own path, literally, soon took hold of her as early as the age of thirteen. For five years she trained under the tutelage of a Tulerian fencing school; an expense her father regretfully agreed to. Upon emerging from the school with the ability to pretty much succeed in any sword based capacity she wanted, Maribelle did the unreasonable thing and chose the life of a Knight-errant. If a Knight-errant worked for money and used their sword against whomever you had a problem with. Being a poncey, confident duelist, Maribelle has floated her way through the noble circles by way of performing duels for nobles who don't wish to risk their own skin. She's a fan of lavish parties, fine dining, and lazing about in silk.

Surprisingly Maribelle has participated in holding back Free Holds mercenaries. Despite appearances, she holds a sense of national pride and only values relaxation in recreational matters. Otherwise, she's the picture of discipline. Even if her sense of humor is...light-hearted (silly).

Given the stage of demonic warfare, Maribelle has heard of The Blades failing to agree to defend Tuleria and has decided they need a proper representative. Being the daughter of a Tulerian merchant and occassional freeloader and technical peacemaker (through shooting at others with a flintlock until someone is hurt), she thinks she'd be a solid choice.

Motivation: Stop the demon invasion, promote defense of Tuleria, and enjoy some of the free food.

Heavy Stat: 13
    • Perseverance: 0.
    • Defender: 60
    • Heavy Hitter: 0
    • Combat Senses: 40
    • Repositioning: 30.
    Light Stat: 27
    • Reflexes: 70
    • Cloak of Innocence: 0.
    • Rapid Blows: 60.
    • Sharp: 70
    • Dancer: 70.
    Magic Stat:
    • Raw Talent: 0.
    • Mastery: 0.
    • Wells of Power: 0.
    • Pattern Weaving: 0.
    • Fortitude: 0.

Custom Traits:
    • En Quarte: Against a single opponent, Maribelle has a chance to deflect their attacks into her enemies.
    • Blade Length: Maribelle is an expert at keeping her distance, and enemies tend to have trouble advancing past her blade.
    • The Lunge: Attacks tend to end in lunges, with a higher chance to pierce through armor.
    • Whoops!: Heavy opponents attempting to swing, upon a successful dodge or deflect, are knocked to the ground.
      A Daisy! (Rank 2): And may be immediately stabbed.
    • One foot at a time: Missed attacks can end with a backstep, avoiding blows of opportunity
      One foot at a time (Rank 2): Backsteps have a further chance to end with a return lunge.
    • What do we say to death?: When faced with more than one foe, Maribelle is more likely to avoid being hit, but less likely to hit.
    • Sidestep: When assisting an ally, if attacking from another angle, attacks may be more effective.
    • NOPE, NOPE, NOPE: Ranged weapons like crossbows, specifically crossbows, or anything with cross or bow in the name, are less likely to hit by a large margin.

Story Traits:

Equipment List:
    A sidesword, a loaded flintlock, and light fancy armor.

Romance: Oh sweet Kouri, who looks like the visage of Nostradamus intermingling with an albino, shall we fuck on a bed of poppys? For time is short and so are my standards. (SURE)

Does the Kouri Plushie Exist?: Hi exist, I'm Dad!

Signature: Chrononaut

I have to confess...

I read that name as "Doomfist the Unplayable."

In other news: Heading out for an interview for work today. After that, I'll hit character reviews.

Might need luck if I was going to wantonly burst through the front gates and mount a full fledged assault on Davian. Instead I'm tempted to have him brought up on some kind of war crime. The Papal forces were at least partly comprised of Mercenary forces and Republic/Templar sympathizers, the order given to slaughter these forces was likely issued after the leader of the Papacy was slain (Unless you say otherwise I mean).

How long would these Sympathizers have fought AFTER they were literally given exactly what they were looking for i.e. a display that a rebellion of the Papacy was feasible? How long would Mercenaries fight when the guarantee of gold suddenly fell through and they found themselves on the wrong side of the battle?

What I'm reading is telling me that either the Papal forces were comprised of only 10% Mercenaries and Sympathizers, or that 90% of these groups were likely killed in the ensuing slaughter ordered by Davian. That, or the Pope was literally one of the last enemy standing, and able to somehow convince 90% of his (quickly diminishing) army to fight to the death, instead of surrendering to the superior invading force.

I won't even bother asking why the siege was broken in the first place, but as an order on the battle field Davian should be held accountable for what likely resulted in the deaths of too many potential allies, and probably a lot of civilians too.
Hmm...you know.

Right now I'm writing up a new Rhinefield character, where I was planning on having him join the Queen's Blades after the Papal battle; this would be due to disagreeing with Davian's politics. If you want, we can make a collab introducing my character, and if Davian actually is responsible for a war crime he'd know and be willing to help the case.

Haven't written him up fully yet but just wanting to ask, will probably finish writing him tonight or tomorrow.

Hmm...you know.

Right now I'm writing up a new Rhinefield character, where I was planning on having him join the Queen's Blades after the Papal battle; this would be due to disagreeing with Davian's politics. If you want, we can make a collab introducing my character, and if Davian actually is responsible for a war crime he'd know and be willing to help the case.

Haven't written him up fully yet but just wanting to ask, will probably finish writing him tonight or tomorrow.

I like it. In retrospect, calling it a "war crime" is a bit misleading. It was a truly awful, and idiot thing of Davian to order. I feel it nicely demonstrates his willful arogance and inability to lead. Should he be held accountable? Yes. But rather than charge him with crimes it might be better to install Alida as/convince Alida to seize leader/ship of the Templar, consolidating their alliance and nipping my sneaking suspicions that Alida and Davian leading separately will devolve into ANOTHER civil war.

Either way, a Templar against Davian could only further this goal well. I'd be thrilled to have you if Brovo greenlights the venture.

Status
Not open for further replies.