Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in his current state though, with the wolf focused on dispatching Mikan I think a strike akin to blowing a hole through a wall will put wolfie in it's place.

Before you geezers get too caught up in sentiments, I'm just going to point out Cen is is probably just going to stick with fighting Marcus. Not like he really he has another choice.

I am greatly satisfied and also a little worried for some missions now, with all those deaths.

It's all good. We got 2 mages who can work together, a sniper and a tank on Imperium/Amazons. Sure, one of those mages is an NPC, but we got this. We can carry harder. :D

Reactions: Atlas Child
If the Amazon/Imperium mission ends up in dire need of another player character to continue, and Brovo is cool with me edging into Temp's special snowflake territory of having three active characters, then one of my many backup character ideas (not one of the ones I've added to my CS post on page 1) is a concept that would actually make sense for them to show up in an ancient temple. >_>

If the Amazon/Imperium mission ends up in dire need of another player character to continue, and Brovo is cool with me edging into Temp's special snowflake territory of having three active characters, then one of my many backup character ideas (not one of the ones I've added to my CS post on page 1) is a concept that would actually make sense for them to show up in an ancient temple. >_>
I mean, maybe you should let one of the regulars have two characters instead...Not that I'm nominating anyone...

*Coughs shamelessly.*

I mean, maybe you should let one of the regulars have two characters instead...Not that I'm nominating anyone...

*Coughs shamelessly.*
No, shhhhhh, I'm selfish. :D

The key is to be shamelessly relentless O.O

Also idea...

So there is this portal that opens into the temple... To avoid copyright infringement, let's call it a.... Pentaclegate.

Orrrr... Maybe you are a treasure hunter called uhhh.... Illinois Joans looking for the carbuncle skull...

She's dead. Damn.

I'll just go be alone for a while.
tumblr_inline_mstlffEWD41qz4rgp.gif

Death ain't always easy. I understand. Just know that you can make a new character and rejoin, you have a guaranteed rejoin spot.
I am greatly satisfied and also a little worried for some missions now, with all those deaths.
Honestly as much as I enjoy delivering horrible, painful death, I feel kinda bad. On the other hand, death is generally not supposed to be a cheery subject. At least their deaths aren't in vain, so long as the world survives. I do have some stuff planned for the dead anyway... :ferret:
the counters are hard to come by.
Conceptually, sure. In practice? It's usually a safe bet that a mix of anti-magic and ranged weaponry will take a mage down, and most are highly vulnerable to assassins outside of combat, so the odds of a highly powerful mage emerging as a public threat to the status quo are very slim. Same as everyone else.
Eh...huh?

I'm guessing I misinterpreted this unique somewhere? According to it I can use it even if I don't have the magic for it?

EDIT: As for the post itself I have a question. Was the shot fired noticeably affected by the gravity on the stairs? This is the main reason I fired the shot in the first place.
Yeah, bit of a misinterpretation. One Thousand Trick Shots gives you weapon effects rather than weapon enchantments. So a normal bullet can be explosive, or an arrow can be made into a rope arrow, or et cetera. Think less "fireball", think more "bag of tools you don't need to physically carry and can cast at a whim."

My bad, I should have clarified that.

No. By the time the bullet entered the field in which gravity would affect it, its sheer velocity was too fast to make any effect noticeable. I see what you're doing here, though, and I like it, so I'll get it out of the way for you: If you aim specifically on a target, since they have no cover, you will probably hit them dead on. Being that you have 1001 trick shots, I'll leave that up to your imagination. :ferret:
Elaborate on Hydromancy please. I could use some tips.
Let me introduce you to the wonder that is H2O. Two parts Hydrogen, one part Oxygen. First of all, standard water stops a 50 calibre bullet in 14 inches. Now, keep in mind that water resists more the faster an object is going, but nonetheless, you can literally make a shield of water and then increase the density so that you can make an impenetrable wall that no projectile can reasonably pass through. Considering that one of the main weaknesses of a mage is usually non-magical ranged attacks, that's a huge boon to your survival. It's also an amazing assassination tool: Just wait until someone is drinking a glass of water, and choke them to death.

Probably the biggest two weaknesses to water is, firstly, that unlike fire or some other forms of magic, it does basically nothing without your interference. (So a pyromancer could light a village on fire and leave, and the village would still be on fire, but a hydromancer unleashing a flood? The moment he or she stops influencing the water, the flood stops and settles.) Secondly, aside from rivers, lakes, rain, and glasses of water, you'll probably find very little in the way of natural water reserves and will have to both create water from scratch and manipulate it, which is harder than just manipulating what already exists.

Basically, out of all the elements, water is probably the most unexpected and defensible of the lot, but the least likely to be available in great quantities naturally without going out of your way for it.
Oh you beautiful man, you. Dean is about to fuck somebody up.
Hooray for planning and being tactical about things. 8D
@Orion feels good to play the old team again, don't it? Imagine doing a mission of just the oldies o.o
Might happen at some point, depending on ending. You won't want for that, though. That would more than likely be one of the desperate suicide mission endings where all the old heroes throw away their lives to buy enough time to end it.

It'd be a very empty world, after that...

The key is to be shamelessly relentless O.O

Also idea...

So there is this portal that opens into the temple... To avoid copyright infringement, let's call it a.... Pentaclegate.

Orrrr... Maybe you are a treasure hunter called uhhh.... Illinois Joans looking for the carbuncle skull...
Nahhhhh, the idea is less silly than that. The character would be found inside the temple. Kinda, y'know, sealed there. Not at all ominous or evil, of course, just some poor humanoid thing that happens to be chained up in an ancient temple on an altar sort of thing. Definitely not a horrible idea to let it go free. ^^

Nahhhhh, the idea is less silly than that. The character would be found inside the temple. Kinda, y'know, sealed there. Not at all ominous or evil, of course, just some poor humanoid thing that happens to be chained up in an ancient temple on an altar sort of thing. Definitely not a horrible idea to let it go free. ^^

Because when has that EVER backfired.

Because when has that EVER backfired.
Never! It's always a great thing to do that helps you and your friends. Anyone who says otherwise is a paranoid fool.

Let me introduce you to the wonder that is H2O. Two parts Hydrogen, one part Oxygen. First of all, standard water stops a 50 calibre bullet in 14 inches. Now, keep in mind that water resists more the faster an object is going, but nonetheless, you can literally make a shield of water and then increase the density so that you can make an impenetrable wall that no projectile can reasonably pass through. Considering that one of the main weaknesses of a mage is usually non-magical ranged attacks, that's a huge boon to your survival. It's also an amazing assassination tool: Just wait until someone is drinking a glass of water, and choke them to death.

Probably the biggest two weaknesses to water is, firstly, that unlike fire or some other forms of magic, it does basically nothing without your interference. (So a pyromancer could light a village on fire and leave, and the village would still be on fire, but a hydromancer unleashing a flood? The moment he or she stops influencing the water, the flood stops and settles.) Secondly, aside from rivers, lakes, rain, and glasses of water, you'll probably find very little in the way of natural water reserves and will have to both create water from scratch and manipulate it, which is harder than just manipulating what already exists.

Basically, out of all the elements, water is probably the most unexpected and defensible of the lot, but the least likely to be available in great quantities naturally without going out of your way for it.
Also this

It's all good. We got 2 mages who can work together, a sniper and a tank on Imperium/Amazons. Sure, one of those mages is an NPC, but we got this. We can carry harder. :D

Two tanks. Armerza and Fahim, plus Gremlock still has an imperial missive if it really starts going south.

EDIT: Also, could someone explain to a technically challenged person how to set up those fancy tabs within tabs you people are doing in your character sheets?

Last edited by a moderator:
Two tanks. Armerza and Fahim, plus Gremlock still has an imperial missive if it really starts going south.

EDIT: Also, could someone explain to a technically challenged person how to set up those fancy tabs within tabs you people are doing in your character sheets?
[tabs][tab=Example]I am text.[/tab][tab=Example2][b]I am bold text.[/b][/tab][tab=Example3][spoilerbb=Collapsible]Mikan is a massive slut.[/spoilerbb][/tab][/tabs]

• I am text.
  • I am bold text.
  • Mikan is a massive slut.

Alternatively:

[stabs=100%]{slide=title}words{/slide}{slide=level one}[stabs=100%]{slide=LEVEL UP}THREE ATTRIBUTE POINTS{/slide}{/slide}{slide=Congrats}Now you're playing with tabs.{/slide}[/stabs]{/slide}[/stabs]

[stabs=100%]{slide=title}words{/slide}{slide=level one}[stabs=100%]{slide=LEVEL UP}THREE ATTRIBUTE POINTS{/slide}{/slide}{slide=Congrats}Now you're playing with tabs.{/slide}[/stabs]{/slide}[/stabs]

the stabs compared to tabs allows for more fancy coding. After the slide titles, you can add stuff like |right to right-align the title, |open to have it be the default open slide, etc. Also, {tab=#}text{/tab} will create a link to another slide on the same level according to the #.

Last edited:
Not seeing any real difference between stab and regular tabs? Other than stabs are smaller, and make you use scroll bars, annoyingly?

Reactions: Brovo
Status
Not open for further replies.