Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seeing any real difference between stab and regular tabs? Other than stabs are smaller, and make you use scroll bars, annoyingly?

Oh, that was my bad. For some reason it default to like, 30-40% of post width without intervention.

EDIT: stabs are definitely more complex, and tabs will probably do all you'd ever want to do. I've just been making the switch in case I ever do want to use the additional features, plus I find it easier to navigate the coding (a bunch of [tabs][tab] stuff starts to blur together)

• Bronwyn DeShand

Name: Bronwyn DeShand

Race: Human

Sex: Female

Appearance: A young woman, with a thick head of dark brown hair that is kept in long dreadlocks, managed into three bunches and a pair of jeweled twists. Her skin is tanned to a deeper olive tone, and is beginning to show signs of weathering from her years of traveling, along with a few small scars picked up from small accidents. Standing 5'7", Bronwyn is fairly sturdy of frame, with an athletic build.
      Image Source

Homeland: Imperium

Motivation: Altruistic, she fears for the manifold hurts of the world, should the demons breach, and win the war. She intends to use her abilities and skills to help prevent the darkest of outcomes, in any way she can.

History:
      Born in the wilds of land unclaimed, on the shores of the Blood Sea, Bronwyn was expected to be a powerful mage. The single daughter, of a loving mother who was an arcane researcher, and a doting father, who was a powerful sorceror. The miniscule community they were a part of, may as well have been extended family. By the time she was nine, she had learned a variety of skills necessary, for living in a small community: from helping with gardening, to the harvest, taking care of the livestock, to needlework, she learned quickly. Much of her days however, were spent learning the art of healing, and controlling a powerful aura she had been born with.
      Then the Imperium erupted back into life, and after a short period of time of fighting in the Free Holds, the immigration of in excess of 100,000 people, moved into the unoccupied territory, and claimed it as theirs. As some communities moved into larger, fortified towns, the DeShands elected to remain with the rest of the small farming community.

By the time Bronwyn was fifteen, Roland and Carra had begun to hear of Florence's mistrust of the arcane. Her parents started getting into the politics of the fledgeling nation. Things became complicated and convoluted, to the point where Bronwyn couldn't take it any more, and finally simply left home, a year later. She joined a nomadic group of wanderers, making her way as a healer.

As she settled into a nomadic lifestyle, she began to hear of more of the world at large. The facets of life, the petty conflicts, to the larger wars. By the time she turned nineteen, Bronwyn had become a very powerful healer, capable of mending some of the most grievous of wounds, remove illnesses, and in some cases, cure lasting afflictions. She began picking up on the arts of generating force fields for the protection of those she cared about, and her own self, while also studying some of the finer aspects of medicine and healing that, some thought redundant with he power, but helped to refine her abilities.

When at first she heard of demonic invasion, she thought little of it. Some big country would chase the monsters back to the shadows, like any other conflict she had no interest in. Unfortunately, her assumption was proven wrong. Tuleria had suffered a significant blow, leaving thousands as refugees, fleeing the country for safety. Bronwyn excused herself from the caravan, and with a handful of people who offered to help as well, they made their way to Tuleria, to offer whatever aid they could.

When she arrived, she was faced with not just a partially ruined country, but a country marching for war.

• Stats

Heavy Stat: 5
      • Perseverance: 20.
      • Defender: 0.
      • Heavy Hitter: 0.
      • Combat Senses: 30.
      • Repositioning: 0.
      Light Stat: 10
      • Reflexes: 40.
      • Cloak of Innocence: 0.
      • Rapid Blows: 0.
      • Sharp: 60.
      • Dancer: 0.
      Magic Stat: 25
      • Raw Talent: 80.
      • Mastery: 40.
      • Wells of Power: 80.
      • Pattern Weaving: 50.
      • Fortitude: 0.

Unique Traits
      • Born of Power; Aura of Healing: Due to her magic-infused nature, Bronwyn can emanate an aura of healing, out to a limit of ten feet. This aura, passively activates whenever it detects an injured person within its range, and slowly heals wounds without her having to pay attention to them. However the more people within the aura, the more draining the aura is. It doesn't heal very quickly, but it is enough to help keep people alive, while she focuses on more critical patients.
      • Born of Power; Aura of Healing (Rank II): The Aura of Healing can now differentiate between those she considers hostile, and those she considers Allies. Increases the rate of healing.
      • Born of Power; Cataclysm Prodigy: A side effect of her birth that she disdains, is her ability to release powerful bolts of raw magic. While other mages can detonate raw magic, she can channel it. Less likely to hurt herself, and a bit more powerful on the receiving end.
      • Born of Power; Cataclysm Prodigy II: The raw power she can channel is hard to fathom. Be grateful that she finds this ability of hers, is something she is reluctant to use.
      • Daughter of Magic (Rank I): Compared to the average person, Bronwyn has an immense amount of mana to draw upon. Allowing her to keep casting and healing, when others would be out of power.
      • Daughter of Magic (Rank II): It almost seems like her power is unlimited. Almost.
      • Daughter of Magic (Rank III): This much stamina, ain't natural. Where is it coming from?!
      • Gift of the Well: Bronwyn's abundance of mana, has lead her to develop a method of transferring some of her vast power to another. It isn't the most efficient process, but she can "recharge" another mage rather effectively.
      • Medical Lore (Rank I): Prepared, even for times when she has no access to magic, Bronwyn is educated in the anatomies of the most common sapient races, as well as basic medicines, and treatments for more severe injuries than the average commoner. She is actively seeking more knowledge from books, and other healers.
      • Medical Lore (Rank II): A doctor by any other name. Skilled in treatment and diagnosis of injuries, conditions and symptoms of disease.
      Story Traits:

Equipment List:
      Weaponry:
      Cured, hardwood shillelagh, thirty-eight inches in length, with a burl-club head.
      Large, eight inch utility knife.
      Light crossbow
      Armour:
      None
      Gear:
      Tome of the Healer
      Tome of Force
      Codex of Medicines and Herbs
      Journal of treatments
      Writing implements
      Kit of tools and bandages.

• Healing:

Detection:
      • Triage: An area of effect spell that gleans the approximate state of health of most living things within its radius. Allowing Bronwyn to respond quickly, and accurately to those in most dire need of aid. She can set filters to the spell, to prevent overwhelming herself with information. She views people's "status" with the aid of colour coded auras: Red is for those in dire need of attention; Yellow is for critical patients, but who can survive for a little while; Green corresponds with the walking wounded, they are injured, but non-critical; White determines the patient to have superficial wounds; Black generally means dead, or seconds away from it.
      • Injury Status: Single target spell, that gives the caster a rough description of the patient's active* injuries/wounds. Thus allowing the caster to target specific injuries, rather than perform widespread healing, to conserve energy. *Active injuries/wounds are those that are in current need of medical attention, or are recent. A partially healed laceration would be part of the information, but nothing would be noted of a 10 year old appendectomy scar.
      • Deep Status: Single target spell, that provides much more detail about the physical health of the patient. Details of scars, current illnesses, status of the patients senses (blind, deaf, etc. Cannot determine the accuracy of patients senses).
      • Detect Three Perils: A simple spell designed to detect poisons, venoms, and toxins. Can be used on a singular target, or as an environmental scan.

Healing:
      • Stabilize: A long range spell, that does what it says on the tin: Stabilize a patient, who is in critical need of medical aid. Using a spell like Major Healing over long distances is harder, and demands more energy output, but Stabilize, is a low cost spell, that is fast to deploy. It provides minor healing to critical wounds, to stop bleed-out, and mitigate shock.
      • Minor Healing: An efficient and quick spell that is useful for minor injuries. Can be used over time, to heal more substantial injuries, but takes longer than its more powerful version.
      • Major Healing: Sacrificing efficiency for power, this is a versatile spell, able to close mortal wounds, and mend broken bones, quickly. Used in instant effect, or over time, this is one of Bronwyn's primary spells.
      • Remove Poison: Self-explanatory. Removes poisons from a patient, or item. Uses less power to remove from an item, than a person. Damage caused by the poison, will remain until healed.
      • Remove Venom: As with Remove Poison, but targeted towards venoms.
      • Remove Toxins: As with Remove Poison, but targeted towards toxins.
      • Cure Disease: Self-Explanatory. Cures patients of diseases. Any damage caused by a disease, will last until healed. Symptoms will usually persist for a short while, as they body adjusts.

Utility/Buff:
      • Sterilize: Sometimes, even Bronwyn can be nearly tapped out on energy, and must resort to hands on medicine. Rather than worry about unsanitary tools, she has an efficient spell to remove contaminants from objects, and people alike, to prevent later infections.
      • Restoration: Even strongest, and most well trained soldier, can be brought to his knees by extended fighting. Fatigue, and exhaustion can cripple a man as bad, or worse, than any wound. It can remove the aches, pains, and help to rejuvenate the character, and give them a bit of an energy boost to help keep them going. However this spell cannot sustain a person it is not a replacement for food, water, and rest.
      • Vigor: A spell which temporarily increases a target's muscular output, increasing their strength.
      • Celerity: Used to enhance the reaction speed of the target individual, essentially, speeding up their nervous system's transmission rate, to allow to them respond to stimuli faster than normal.
      • Vitality: Enables the recipient of this spell to shrug off more damage, and pain. Temporary effects similar to the Endurance Training trait.

Force Field

Defensive
      • Shield: A small, concentrated field that hovers around her, or whomever she casts it upon. Can either be directed, or function automatically to attempt to intercept attacks from an enemy. Automatic function takes much more energy, but is usually safer for someone who isn't skilled in melee combat. Being composed of force, it can intercept that which is even incorporeal.
      • Barrier: A much larger variant of the Shield spell, creating a somewhat rectangular field, roughly two and a half feet wide, by six feet tall.
      • Wall: A big damn wall of a force field.

Offensive
      • Thrust: An offensive use of a forcefield, but decidedly less lethal than a conventional weapon. Can be used to punch, push, or in general, strike.

Utility
      • Mule: A disc of force, that can be used to transport heavy loads, or allow her to "fly" in an inefficient sense. Most frequently used to carry the wounded to safer locations.
      • Weapon Augmentation - Force: simple spell that temporarily enchants weapons, with a thin force field about them, that not only helps to protect the weapon from damage, but also allows the wielder to engage a hostile enemy presence, which is incorporeal.

• Romance: If it happens, it happens.
    Does the Kouri Plushie exist?: Yes
    Signature: I, Goldmarble, hereby agree to the rules of the roleplay and that my characters may be killed off at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being that you have 1001 trick shots, I'll leave that up to your imagination. :ferret:
That feeling you get when you know there's something incredibly obvious that you could do to absolutely trivialize a challenge, but you only have the foggiest idea of how to do so.

Going to float a few ideas with my Imperium/Amazon companions. I'm wanting to take out the crossbowman (the one still having a crossbow) with one of my Trick Shots, but I'm not sure which one to use. My first idea was to use something akin to a chain shot from a cannon to force him to trip and careen down to the floor. The actual idea is like that thing Batman uses to trip people by binding their legs together, but I have no idea what that's called. Trouble is I think that might only trip if they are moving, and he seems stationary right now. The other idea I had was to use a rope or grappling hook to pull on his legs to trip him, but that has the problem of it's probably a strength check and Gremlock...is not a strong goblin. Finally I could just straight up shoot him, but I'm not sure if regular bullets are terribly effective against undead, given the main strength of bullets is to force the target to bleed out and/or knock out a vital organ. Neither of which undead generally mind.

Thoughts?

I think you're thinking of a bolo. And the weight of an impact as it ties their legs together and they are tangled up might cause them to be unsteady and make them fall.

Currently I am working on a back-up character for if one of mine dies... Also has some potential if I decide to retire any of them early should they become unplayable or I end up having more issues than I thought with the concept...

But suddenly, I'm thinking this might be a scene with the character:

the-lion-king-timon-hula-dance-o.gif

For reference, my character is timon (i have the skeleton on with my other character page, he will have AoE buffa tied to drop tiki totems, be an Islander (Hawaiian) and I have decided be a hula dancer), random NPC is pumba, lions are allies, and hyenas are Brovos enemy monsters >_<

Yessssssssss, tiki bro might become a real thing. I almost want to root for one of your characters to die so he'll come into play.

That feeling you get when you know there's something incredibly obvious that you could do to absolutely trivialize a challenge, but you only have the foggiest idea of how to do so.

Going to float a few ideas with my Imperium/Amazon companions. I'm wanting to take out the crossbowman (the one still having a crossbow) with one of my Trick Shots, but I'm not sure which one to use. My first idea was to use something akin to a chain shot from a cannon to force him to trip and careen down to the floor. The actual idea is like that thing Batman uses to trip people by binding their legs together, but I have no idea what that's called. Trouble is I think that might only trip if they are moving, and he seems stationary right now. The other idea I had was to use a rope or grappling hook to pull on his legs to trip him, but that has the problem of it's probably a strength check and Gremlock...is not a strong goblin. Finally I could just straight up shoot him, but I'm not sure if regular bullets are terribly effective against undead, given the main strength of bullets is to force the target to bleed out and/or knock out a vital organ. Neither of which undead generally mind.

Thoughts?

Know what works against undead (And most things)?

Explosives.

• ??? (Rank 3):
Before I reveal this and approve your character, I need to double check a couple things.
Black Cat (Rank 1): Cursed with bad luck, Xerois projects an aura that can cause those around her to fumble, but it affects both friend and foe alike. As a result, in battle, it's best to keep her around the enemy for as long as possible.
  • Hex Education (Rank 2): Since embracing the fact that she, indeed, is cursed, she has practiced to be able to concentrate her aura into an actual spell. She has three curses at her disposal at the moment.
    • Slighted Sight: A curse that causes momentary blindness in a rather large spray.
    • The Best Policy: Single target curse, forcing the target to tell the truth for a short period of time.
    • Ma-jinx: A curse that nullifies the affects of magic in a small bubble around Xerois and lasts a few minutes.
Until you have at least one level in Apprentice, these spells will be very unstable. It'll also be difficult to use them repeatedly, rapidly, without causing physical harm to yourself as you lack Awakened Meditation. :ferret:
She woke up next to naked, chained to a wall, and her entire body shook and ached. She's been enslaved for nearly two years now, held captive by the orcs, and her will is nearly broken.
This I'm just quoting for posterity's sake. I know you've confirmed it in the Skype group chat, but I'm double checking with everyone in the thread that, yes, this is a thing, two years isn't a typo. Apparently. :ferret:

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't expect that she'd be hurling hexes out like a pro, especially with the lack of apprentice. It was meant to be a very unstable special trait, and I figure with time, I can give her the trait needed to give her a bit more control. I'm just figuring that she still really hasn't had the chance to try this out, and not having had magic of any sort before, it should be very wonky to start with, to say the least.

Yeah, I didn't expect that she'd be hurling hexes out like a pro, especially with the lack of apprentice. It was meant to be a very unstable special trait, and I figure with time, I can give her the trait needed to give her a bit more control. I'm just figuring that she still really hasn't had the chance to try this out, and not having had magic of any sort before, it should be very wonky to start with, to say the least.
A'ight. Approved then. Enjoy your tier 3 trait.

The Winding Ways (Rank 3): Magic is inexorably linked to the world, and part of that is in the manner in which time flows. This can be expressed metaphorically by the Winding Ways, which are the 'paths' by which magic flows from one Well to another. This allows the character in question to supernaturally detect when magic is being used, to the level of being able to manipulate the Winding Ways to mess with opponent's magical projectiles and to evade enemy magic attacks moments before they even occur.

Thoughts?

I think I had my character tell Veira to hit him with wind magic. The leg tier upper (bolo?) with a quick gust should almost certainly knock him down, assuming the agent of greed fell for Sonias spell diversion and doesn't stop Viera.

EDIT: plus Armerza did her shield shockwave thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guuuuuiz! Hereey guiz!! What are you even doing?! I have been working 50+ hour work weeks and I got my post in before most of you. What is this even. Feel ashame. Come on D: Guiz come on. What even, plz. Q.Q I'm going through withdrawals, I need a fix.

Guuuuuiz! Hereey guiz!! What are you even doing?! I have been working 50+ hour work weeks and I got my post in before most of you. What is this even. Feel ashame. Come on D: Guiz come on. What even, plz. Q.Q I'm going through withdrawals, I need a fix.
Work 50+, two trips to the rock, had been waiting for a reply to some questions, studying for exams, applying for jobs, etc

Work 50+, two trips to the rock, had been waiting for a reply to some questions, studying for exams, applying for jobs, etc
I excuse you, but no one else. You know you have a special place in my heart, Oreo.

*leers at everyone else*

*leers*

Oh, wait. I'm also to blame here. Currently tapping away on the phone to introduce Xerois.

I have no other excuses q.q

Posting tomorrow/

How useful do you guys think a trait that boosted reaction speed would be? Or gave a bonus to reaction rolls? I know some of the general traits do something along those lines already.

GM-post is Tuesday, right? I'm not sure if I'll make it, but I'll try this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.