Legend of Renalta 2: Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
*pinches the bridge of my nose* because of power grades, Atlas. Already explained them in my earlier post. If you want to go read them again. Pure magic is stronger. The mixed magic is weaker. Lightning is fuckinf strong. It can outright stop a heart. You know what a brain runs on? The whole body? Electricity. You know what metal conducts? Electricity. You know what most people are using as weapons? Metal.

It's a seriously powerful fucking magic.

Oh. And magic takes time to charge. Not like melee. Which is why rapid blows is a bit different than say a unique that does that with magic.
Here's the thing though, I'm only hearing this from you, and you're not the GM.

She's the closest this rp has to a co-GM since Brovo and Rhai have both spend much time, effort and dedication in creating this rp setting we are in.

*pinches the bridge of my nose* because of power grades, Atlas. Already explained them in my earlier post. If you want to go read them again. Pure magic is stronger. The mixed magic is weaker. Lightning is fuckinf strong. It can outright stop a heart. You know what a brain runs on? The whole body? Electricity. You know what metal conducts? Electricity. You know what most people are using as weapons? Metal.

Oh. And magic takes time to charge. Not like melee. Which is why rapid blows is a bit different than say a unique that does that with magic.
So, lightning could technically be possible in Aeromancy, but it would be at a much more decreased power rate (Very minor by it being a secondary magic). Where as if you take pure Fulgurmancy, you have the power to control an actual bolt of pure electric energy?

I get what you are saying. If I take Fulgurmancy, i'd get to use a more potent discharge of lightning/electricity.

As for time to charge, i believe there are ways to decrease the time with proper training (A proper Unique) without necessarily making it easier on the caster. I was considering talking a Unique that would let my warmage discharge a few select spells without needing components and without long charge time (Of course, these spells would be short range/melee and that don't consume too much energy to begin with)

*snaps* actually just thought of something.

Rank 3 apprentice that lets you combine 2 schools of magic... Fire and air, maybe? (Fire=energy/heat+air) iunno, could make the potential for lightning too... But it would take a lot of points...

Otherwise, go ahead with the lesser lightning potentially throught just air?...

either way, yeah, I suppose uniques for certain skills at short ranges would definitely work. I mean, it hampers the travel time... Like... Burst damage in an area around him... Or in a straight line right in a cone nearby as a sudden discharge

Rank 3 apprentice that lets you combine 2 schools of magic... Fire and air, maybe? (Fire=energy/heat+air) iunno, could make the potential for lightning too... But it would take a lot of points...

either way, yeah, I suppose uniques for certain skills at short ranges would definitely work. I mean, it hampers the travel time... Like... Burst damage in an area around him... Or in a straight line right in a cone nearby as a sudden discharge
See, that was my plan for getting lightning without having it as an actual magic school listed, haha. Fire+air with Untapped Potential hybrid casting and a unique trait to make the lightning generation more powerful so it could be truly effective. :P

See, that was my plan for getting lightning without having it as an actual magic school listed, haha. Fire+air with Untapped Potential hybrid casting and a unique trait to make the lightning generation more powerful so it could be truly effective. :P
The more I think of Damage Dealing War Mage, the less I think about Aeromancy and the more I'm leaning towards just pure Fulgurmancy. Cause pure lightning would have a kind of crowd control effect by stunning/debilitating someone when it hits but without killing them. And ya, Aeromancy would help with shapign fire, but I already have a unique made for shaping spells.

As for the Unique for near instant discharge, that was my plan for it. Just short burst around the character of a small cone/area right in front of the character.

But anyway, thank you all for the suggestions (Once again)

I'm actually going to apologize for getting angry and the amount I've been cluttering the OOC. Sorry everyone. Even if I had a disagreement I shouldn't of made a mess here.

I'm actually going to apologize for getting angry and the amount I've been cluttering the OOC. Sorry everyone. Even if I had a disagreement I shouldn't of made a mess here.
Eh, not the only one. I acted a bit of an ass as well there, ya know?

Reactions: Atlas Child
Time for me to catch up on things and do a post. OOC first. Then IC.
Couldn't lightning just be a sub magic of fire or air?
No. Elements generally keep to their own area unless you combine and manipulate them, which takes extra force. In short: A water mage could create ice, but not manipulate it beyond its creation, and decreasing the temperature sufficiently that it changes from a liquid to a solid would take more effort than an ice mage simply creating it from scratch in the first place. Ergo why it takes putting multiple points into Apprentice to have more than one school of magic--because two schools of magic provides a much greater amount of possibilities in the sheer level of combinations possible than one alone can.
Oh? Is that so? Well, that should about settle it then.
No. :ferret:
Actually veira dual-magics air and lightning. Because lightning is a highly volatile magic :3 Air is used as a heavy support style magic type

Again: Feasibly possible to create lightning with the right combination of other materials, but air isn't one of them. Air doesn't mean anything whatsoever for the generation of lightning, clouds mean something. So does humidity. This is more of a science failure about lightning. :ferret:

Technically, all forms of magic are highly volatile. Even a healing mage can cause feedback and kill themselves or even explode if they attempt to wield too much power.
Does this mean that they are two different schools of magic?
Anything can be a school of magic.
Magic Deconstructed: Any magic is technically possible,
First line. Very first line. Literally the very first thing told to you about magic traits. The text I put there isn't just for show. :ferret:
Oddly enough, doing some pointless online research,
It really was truly pointless. :ferret:

"Lightning is an electric current. Within a thundercloud way up in the sky, many small bits of ice (frozen raindrops) bump into each other as they move around in the air. All of those collisions create an electric charge. After a while, the whole cloud fills up with electrical charges. The positive charges or protons form at the top of the cloud and the negative charges or electrons form at the bottom of the cloud. Since opposites attract, that causes a positive charge to build up on the ground beneath the cloud. The grounds electrical charge concentrates around anything that sticks up, such as mountains, people, or single trees. The charge coming up from these points eventually connects with a charge reaching down from the clouds and - zap - lightning strikes!" (Citation.)

So to use lightning, you'd...
A. Want lightning or electricity magic. Probably electricity, as that encompasses more things than just being Emperor Palpatine. (Easy mode.)
B. Want some combination of Cloud & Ice magic, or very advanced water magic with customs to control its alternate forms without issue. (Generate your own electrical storms.)
C. Some kind of proton magic. (Advanced. I wouldn't recommend it.)
2. Some places say you need all 4 elements combined to create Lightning
... Is this the Greco-Roman understanding of the elements? If so, that horribly outdated system of the universe doesn't apply in LoR. :ferret:
You need more science in your life. :ferret:
I am not Brovo so this is not an official answer, but I'd feel like lightning could be done as a subset of aeromancy (like Temp's list of various subsets of some magic schools earlier), especially if you have Untapped Potential to mix Fire and Aeromancy together.
Listing what you expect to be able to do with it is helpful for the approval process, yes, but so is asking yourself "does fire have anything to do with lightning?"

Speaking of these subsets and stuff, I kinda feel stupid allocating three Unique traits to my curses. The problem I had when i created my character was I didn't know what I could and couldn't do with mysticism, so I gave her three curse spells as uniques to attempt to define what my abilities were. If we're saying a necromancer could summon swarms of locusts and use curses, I feel like I kinda wasted three talent points.

Not that it's a big deal, i'm having fun regardless, but my obsession of character abilities is making the potential error in my judgement more annoying, as I could've used them for something else.

EDIT: I'm not complaining about the subset stuff, since I found out on page 46ish that my character could utilize Mysticism to be more powerful then I had originally thought.
Well I'm sure you can change it later. I don't mind people remixing their powers if they ask permission first. I allowed Andrea to do it, for instance. Just not mid-mission, because that would be chaotic, and completely impossible to fairly balance over ti--
In the end i'm just going to assume that those particular spells are more powerful then other spells she could utilize. So the three curses I have in my CS are more effective than other curses I can cast. However, speaking of which I revised my CS slightly. Hopefully @Brovo wont mind, but since their minor changes I don't think he will.
>_> <_<
Curse magic, really, is a much much harder kettle of fish than elemental magics. Curse magic is much more personal, and ultimately either
Kinda sorta. It depends on how you build it Kad. If it's just a series of glyphs, traps, buffs, and debuffs, those aren't hard for me to do. Curse magic is really just necromancy or inverted holy magic in most of its expressions. :ferret:
Jesus fucking christ.
I don't like where this is going.
1. Lightning is PURE FUCKING ENERGY. It is unstable. It is not a sub of WIND magic with is AIR because it is PURE ENERGY. Get it? Okay.
The issue is more that it's reaching for more power than it claims to control. You can create other elements and effects via combos, certainly, but that takes more effort and doesn't necessarily grant you control over it once you've created it.
2. If you were going to bullshit away that it was part of wind magic or fire magic or a combination of both, you'd be using your UNIQUES TO GET IT AND UPGRADE IT TO GET CHAIN LIGHTNING AND ALL THAT GOODNESS.
Using uniques would solve this problem, generally, yes.
3. You don't circumvent rules like "multiple actions in a round incur penalties" with uniques... Because that is literally breaking the rules of TIME. That is there because there is only so much TIME in a round. You can only do so many THINGS in a a certain amount of TIME. :T okay?
The only way one can feasibly attempt to circumvent it is by making themselves faster. However, that is its own host of issues and limitations because of biology and what not.
4. IN WHAT WAY DOES BLISTERING AWAY SKIN HEAL SOMEONE?! Fire does not work that way! >_<
grease_fire_3269.jpg

If we're saying a druid can control plants, animals, the weather, and heal I don't see why its an issue that lightning could be used as a subset of another school of magic.
Said Druid will do none of these things with the expertise that someone dedicated to one of those things will do it. So someone who uses magic exclusive to animals is going to be better at it than a druid. It's also a natural extension of a druid's powers, whereas fire + air = lightning is about as justified as fire + darkness = taxes.

Either way, you just have to mention it, and I can approve or deny it on the sheet, at that point, rather than an endless barrage of speculation and questions about a thing that doesn't even exist yet. :ferret:
The multiple actions thing I more intended for a quick succession of spells, similar to Rapid Blows for melee users.
The reason I frown on spell spamming more than casting a single spell quickly, is because anyone can already technically rush a spell out the gate: Arkos just does it better. Spamming spells, on the other hand, is completely different from attacking someone quickly with a sword or bow.

Namely that neither of those aforementioned options involve painful instant death in the form of fire, or something equally crazy. Magic is supposed to be tactical in nature, not an apocalypse button.

That being said, I'd review it when it was on a CS waiting to be reviewed and judge it then. Speculation goes nowhere but in constant loops with a dog chasing its own tail.
As far as blistering away someones skin to heal them, I don't see how using a spell to summon a swarm of locusts from nowhere or using an Imperial missive to summon scouts is any different.
--Summoning a swarm of locusts creates life temporarily (locusts) to attack a target.
--Imperial Missive is a communication spell that tells the Imperium where to send its forces, which then arrive after a short delay.
--You could use magic to make blistering someone's skin heal them, but it's absurd in the sense that you're adding an unnecessary step to the question: Why blister their skin at all when you can just heal them for less effort?
1. and 2. It's why I was asking Brovo to see his verdict on it. I ask questions so there's no confusion or misinterpretation.
Thank you.
4. I think it was meant to be a minor self-heal/wound cauterization style Unique. unique traits are there for that.
Yes, yes they are.
Side note: Wasn't that a little... Harsh?
Yes, yes it was.
And the unique would let you do things faster/concentrate on multiple tasks in a shorter time frame. Brovo has said before that you can do multiple things in a round, it just divides your attention and causes penalties. Atlas Child's suggested Relentless unique would diminish those penalties.
Depends on how it's worded and how it's used. I admit I skipped past reading it because it's not on a CS I have to review.
because of power grades, Atlas.
... Wait, what? LoR has power grades now?
Already explained them in my earlier post.
Uh... Did you? I mean, if you're talking about how much power an individual ability is packing, that's really my job to evaluate and categorize. :ferret:
Pure magic is stronger.
In the context of what? Not pure magic? What is not pure magic? Please explain my own universe to me.
Lightning is fuckinf strong. It can outright stop a heart.
Fire at high enough temperatures to melt out your eyeballs, water if it strikes you with sufficient force can shatter your bones, air at sufficient force is mother nature having a yelling contest and winning. No offense, but this argument is flimsy.
You know what most people are using as weapons? Metal.
Like the tip of a crossbow bolt, throwing knife, or other ranged weapon? You mean like how plate mail could be used as a pressure cooker for a fire mage? Anti-magic is also an option to stop lightning, and there are creatures (ex: undead) that would be ill affected by lightning attacks. Balance-wise it's fine. :ferret:
Any magic in its element is powerful magic.
Actually I gave rapid blows to melee & ranged specifically because the speed at which one casts magic is already built into the concept of magic in its current form. Your maximum potential power, control, and recharge rate are all already covered by individual traits. If someone wants to spitfire out several fireballs in quick succession they can, they just aren't liable to be accurate or very powerful as a result. Just like someone wielding a pair of daggers rapidly: Not likely to penetrate heavy defenses easily without something more solid behind the attack.
Here's the thing though, I'm only hearing this from you, and you're not the GM.
Wait for my response then. You don't have to respond to her if you're waiting specifically for me. She's just bringing up her concerns, which I'll consider.
She's the closest this rp has to a co-GM since Brovo and Rhai have both spend much time, effort and dedication in creating this rp setting we are in.
My word is still the final one though. There's nothing wrong with him pointing that out and waiting for my reply specifically.
Last I knew I was a cogm.
Last I knew, I took power back after the first attempt at LoR 2 crashed like the Hindenburg. Part of that is also that I don't ask you to run missions anymore and what not. I appreciate your opinion and all you've done, and I do consider what you have to say, but ultimately, I'm the one who makes the call. Seriously, it's fine, you've given your two cents, but you don't have the power to deny people to my RP. This is to avoid conflicts of interest.
Appreciated.
Eh, not the only one. I acted a bit of an ass as well there, ya know?
Also appreciated.

Well, that's that. Now I can go and work on the IC.

Alright Brovo,

I will add more science in my life. Sounds like a reasonable plan. Research what I can do with different elements.

With all that input, I think I have a good idea on what to do.

Reactions: Brovo
Psst, Brovo. I got my slave done and the mission's not over yet. Maybe you can accept her after heavy tweaks? :D

• Name: Xerois Pallas
    Race: Tiefling
    Sex: Female

Appearance: Your character's appearance. A text description or picture, or mix thereof, will do fine.

Homeland: Kingdom of Tuleria: The Kingdom of Tuleria is ruled by a triad council, and holds a merchant's culture above most other concepts. They are the masters of trade now that the Free Holds is under attack from multiple angles and tend to stay out of the world's affairs, save where their own survival is involved. Presently, one of the three leaders of the triad council has gone insane with power, and is attempting to overthrow the other two at Barracks Varro.

The landscape can be summarized as swamps and desert. While they are a trader's nation, this was at first by necessity: They had no farmlands to speak of, and thus had to import food. They began to export speciality goods, and soon enough the "little sister friendly not-slaver culture" to the Free Holds was born. Notable, lizardmen rank as one of the highest demographics population-wise.

This nation also holds a proud naval tradition, and claims the most powerful fleet in the world. They also tend to be one of the only nations that trades with distant lands, thanks to their natural presence on the ocean, though contact with such peoples is extremely limited

History: Xerois was born and raised in Tuleria, growing up with her struggling merchant of a father who was also a tiefling. For many years, the young girl just played mainly by herself, engaging with the kids of other merchants when they were around and getting into mischief with them whenever she could. It was through this innocent romps that she learned she was good at snatching things and making a getaway. It started off small and simply enough. Every so often, she'd pick up some fruit with her tail while chatting up the merchant or she'd keep lookout while the other kids played with merchandise they were much too young to appreciate. From there, she decided to use her talents for good. Well, she tried to.

Long story short, she lifted a few eye-catching goods from rival merchants and left them lying around in her dad's inventory. Sometimes, he'd notice, but he'd usually half-heartedly believe his daughter that they were gifts. They needed the money. Who was he to turn his nose up at merchandise he would never be able to afford to keep in stock if it fed them and allowed them a bit of leisure in life?

When she finally got caught, it didn't take long for a group of the wronged vendors to band together and seek out retribution. The money they demanded in recompense had already gone to food and shelter, not to mention a few baubles, so they instead turned to swords and fire. Xerois, much as she hates to admit it now, fled. Her memory flickers on this point... part of her swears she heard her father whisper for her to run, but he wasn't quite that selfless a man. Besides, she knows, deep down, that she was out the back window and halfway down the street long before the man who raised her even knew the sort of trouble they were in. She bounced around Tuleria and drifted from that point on, spending her teenage years chasing caravans and slipping in to work as a hired hand for traders who needed work done on the cheap. She didn't starve. It was all worth it, really.

Upon turning twenty or so, Xerois decided to turn fully to banditry after making several attempts to stowaway on a ship abroad. Hell, she even offered to do honest work, once, but she was cast off the ship on account of her horns. Making a living for herself as a thief wasn't easy, but she managed to develop a good eye over the years, and took on much more dangerous jobs for more valuable loot, eventually needing fewer of them to keep herself afloat. With that complacency came ego, however, and Xerois decided to take on a job that would prove to be her downfall. The tiefling had looted a dagger from a purveyor of rare weapons, known as the Jow dagger, which bore a rune engraved on its blade that embued every strike with poison. Feeling more than confident that this piece of metal would keep her safe, she went to confront a witch to steal her hoard of treasure.

This witch lived in Liveria, and the thief made the trek south to seek her fortune, only to come across the witch in her hovel and fail to make the soundless entrance she had been anticipating. She did, however, manage to get into a close enough range to stab the witch with a wild but lucky shot, and with the woman's dying breath, she laid a curse on the tiefling. Xerois was much too busy trying to find some gold to make her trip worthwhile to really care about what the hag had hurled her way, but she was suddenly overcome with an odd sensation. It was almost as though she was being watched. Her skin prickled and she tried to leave the hut as fast as she could, but only noticed it getting stronger the further she moved. She remembered what her father told her about having demon blood in their veins: it usually made them sensitive to the presence of nearby demons. As unfamiliar as she was with that sensation, she assumed that must be the cause of her discomfort. Soon as her demon blood got to boiling, she discovered something else rather odd. There had been a small imp floating along behind her and she had no idea how long he'd been there. He called himself Andvari, and claimed he was of the same line of demons that made up her lineage. Before they were able to get too acquainted, or even before she could ask him the basic questions of how he got there and if he'd been following her all along, Xerois fell unconscious thanks to a blow to the back of the head.

She woke up next to naked, chained to a wall, and her entire body shook and ached. She's been enslaved for nearly two years now, held captive by the orcs, and her will is nearly broken. Sometimes hearing grunts from Andvari, she assumes he's stowed away somewhere in the caverns, hopefully next to the Jow.

Maybe, just maybe, the witch really had cursed her.

Motivation: Greed and gratitude. She thought she was going to die in chains, and she knows better than to abandon the people who look out for her. Well, she does now, at least. It doesn't hurt that these people are also probably going to be stumbling across treasures on their journey.
  • General Traits

• Acrobatic (Rank 1): You understand the basics of climbing ropes, ascending walls, jumping across rooftops, and rolling when you hit the ground. On the other hand, you've only really grasped the basics of it, so jumping a twenty foot chasm while being shot at is not recommended. (Basics of acrobatics: Climbing, falling gracefully, etc.)
      • Free Runner (Rank 2): Rolling, ducking, jumping, sliding, sweeping, edging--all of these things and more are things you are seasoned at doing. Having obtained peak conditioning, anything beyond this is unnatural... (The environment can no longer be factored negatively against your character--fighting atop a steep slope is the same as fighting on a flat grassy plane, save any advantages. Atop this, your character's acrobatic abilities are at their natural peak: There are few places you cannot reach.)
    • Slippery (Rank 1): You are fully aware of what happens if that war hammer the size of a small child hits you square on the chin. You've decided to make it a priority to learn how to never let that happen, and while you're still learning, you understand at least enough to jump back from a blow before it takes off your head. (Basics of dodging and evasion.)
      • Dodge! (Rank 2): As you've refined your instincts, your ability to avoid harm has also grown, and as such whenever an enemy swings at you, there's a solid chance you've already figured out not to be there by the time the swing would connect. (Dodging is quicker and no longer forces your character onto the defensive, and can occur even if your character is caught off guard.)
      • Kick, Bite, Spit (Rank 3): You've an uncanny knack for spotting escapes nobody even knew existed, and exploiting unorthodox tactics to escape. These range from escaping a grapple by undoing the strings of an assailant's pants, to craning your neck so an otherwise deadly strike will instead only knick you. The more lethal the attack, the more likely your character will, by instinct, escape. (Escaping from unfavourable situations, ofteh in unorthodox manners, and often as an instinctive reaction rather than a trained action.)
    • Sharp (Rank 1): You've started to notice how certain people stand, and how others try to keep certain parts of themselves out of harm's way, or try to cover up certain not-so-good looking pieces of armour. Given more time, you could manifest this into a real talent for assassinating even the most armoured of targets. (Basics of weakness-finding and lie detecting.)
    • Wells of Power (Rank 1): Having been born with this talent or having artificially acquired it later on in life, you've connected your mind and soul to the five ethereal Wells of Power, the sources of all magic. You can subtly feel nearby mages and places of magical power, though this isn't precise yet. The more powerful it is, the more likely you will detect it. (Basics of detecting magic and mages.)
      • Magisync (Rank 2): Ever wondered why older mages never seem to get lost except when they want to be? It helps that the five Wells of Power are located north, south, east, west, and straight at the center of the planet, each respectively, always giving them a general sense of where they are. This also extends magic detection to artifacts, allowing them to sense the presence of magic artifacts when in close proximity. (Magic detection more precise, built-in compass, magic detection extended to artifacts.)
      • The Winding Ways (Rank 3): Magic is inexorably linked to the world, and part of that is in the manner in which time flows. This can be expressed metaphorically by the Winding Ways, which are the 'paths' by which magic flows from one Well to another. This allows the character in question to supernaturally detect when magic is being used, to the level of being able to manipulate the Winding Ways to mess with opponent's magical projectiles and to evade enemy magic attacks moments before they even occur.

Unique Traits

• Black Cat (Rank 1): Cursed with bad luck, Xerois projects an aura that can cause those around her to fumble, but it affects both friend and foe alike. As a result, in battle, it's best to keep her around the enemy for as long as possible.
      • Hex Education (Rank 2): Since embracing the fact that she, indeed, is cursed, she has practiced to be able to concentrate her aura into an actual spell. She has three curses at her disposal at the moment.
        • Slighted Sight: A curse that causes momentary blindness in a rather large spray.
        • The Best Policy: Single target curse, forcing the target to tell the truth for a short period of time.
        • Ma-jinx: A curse that nullifies the affects of magic in a small bubble around Xerois and lasts a few minutes.
    • Demonic Connection (Rank 1): Xerois is incredibly sensitive to the presence of demons and unholy creatures when they are near. While she can't exactly pick them out in a crowd, she always knows when one is near and feels a slight tug near them. Using the energy that they give off, Xerois can channel it and increase the range or power of her curses, even if just by a bit.
      • Friend on the Other Side (Rank 2): Andvari, the imp, is a permanent companion of the tiefling, and he has a few abilities of his own, most notable is the ability to turn temporarily invisible. His hands are suited to grasp the odd polearm weapon he carries. but he's not too great at, say, opening doors. Mainly, he serves as a small but persistent means of defense and definitely has his uses in scouting and infiltration. As a pure-blooded demon creature, though, he can pinpoint and is even drawn to demons in the surrounding area, and feeds off of their energy when they are near, making him hit a bit harder for his tiny frame and zip around a little more quickly.
    • Rough Tongue (Rank 1): She's not well-spoken and paragons of justice aren't usually going to take a tiefling's word at much value, but more brutish creatures and outcasts of the lands will tend to open up to her more quickly. Xerois understands how to talk like a scoundrel and people who don't shimmer with a halo of good intentions usually see the horns and assume they aren't preaching to an altar girl.
    • Third Arm (Rank 1): Not literally, of course. Xerois, as a tiefling, has a tail as a marking of her race and she has proven quite adept with using it. While she can't manipulate it to hold a knife or operate a bow, this prehensile tail can be used as a makeshift whip in combat, to fish through someone's pockets mostly unawares, or to grasp simple objects.
    • Jow Dagger (Rank 1): Carrying around the Jow is something she does out of habit now, even if she doesn't always get the chance to use it. The blade, which is magically enchanted to posion those which it cuts, is rare and valuable, and she doesn't use it lightly, saving it for times when she knows she will be able to put it to good use. The poison is far from instantly lethal, and killing quickly with the Jow usually requires expert precision or multiple stab wounds, but even one nick can wear an opponent down and eventually give Xerois the upper hand back.

Equipment List
    (List any equipment your character has here. There are few limitations, just keep in mind that if you want guns that they are one shot black powder loads.)
  • Romance: Romance is fine by me.

Does the Kouri Plushie exist?: It certainly does, and Rhai made it.

Signature: I, Drifter, accept the fate of my character should Brovo decide I derped badly enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guidelines
  • Post once per round. A "round" is established each time the GM (me) posts. This is a soft rule: It can be ignored if the situation permits and it is appropriate, such as for collaborative posts.
  • The more actions you take in a single round, the less chance of success all actions overall will have. This is especially true in combat: If you focus everything into avoiding an attack, odds are good you'll succeed. Your character will have to split their concentration over multiple tasks if you do more than that, so if you plan on a counter-attack after avoiding an attack, your odds of evading the initial attack will drop a little. Not substantially, but a little. This is how I counter godmoders: If you try to do everything at once, you will fail at everything.
  • Conversely: If you intentionally attempt to support team mates, or team mates support you, your odds of success increase a little. Ergo, boss monsters or difficult puzzles which may overwhelm you individually can be taken care of with team work, and coming to the defense of an ally or attacking an enemy already engaged with an ally increases odds of success without self-injury as well.
  • You must select a special item during your first round or else forfeit having one. You can find the item list here: (Scroll down to Requisitions List.)
  • Below these guidelines, and with each proceeding GM post, you'll see something called an "Action Log" posted in the OOC. This details what actions the GM perceives your character to have done, so you can see directly what I saw from your post. Ergo if I missed something, you can point it out. If I get grumpy about it, remember I'm probably not angry at you, I'm probably angry at myself.

Action Log

This may be expanded from time to time if people find certain things vague. Consider this a reference to any strange terminology you may encounter in the log.

NAT: No Actions Taken. Will behave as though character hesitated. While not defenseless, it is highly recommended you avoid this. At the start of missions, since you've had no opportunity to commit to any actions yet, don't worry about it.

Pinned/Disabled: Character in question is unable to escape the grasp of a spell or creature and requires allied assistance immediately. If left to their own devices, they may escape, so long as no other enemies interfere.

NPC Behaviours: These are behaviours that NPC's can be assigned to. They can do a mix of behaviours.
  • Independent: Character will behave independently of the PC's, and depending on their personality, and established relationships, may or may not prefer to support player actions or act alone.
  • Under Orders: Character is doing as a player requested of them. If the order seems suicidal or the NPC dislikes you enough, they may bawk at given orders and behave independently instead.
  • Aggressive: (During Combat) If character is engaged in combat, they'll be on the front line, attempting to punish enemies from afar with magic or ranged weapons or up close and personal with melee weapons.
  • Defensive: (During Combat) If character is engaged in combat, they'll be focused on keeping allies out of harms way through magic and keeping enemies from causing them harm.
  • Passive: (During Combat) Character will not engage in combat and will actively attempt to keep themselves safe from harm. If possible, they'll support allies at minimal risk, if any.

Army Behaviours: Players do not currently have access to armies, but the players in the Kingdom of Tuleria mission are exposed to their behaviours and can make requests of them via messenger. Keep in mind that casualties aren't deaths. A casualty is simply a person too incapacitated to commit to competently violent acts, so casualties do include those broken from morale, those with severe but not fatal injuries, and so on. Ergo, 50% casualty does not equate to 50% loss. It is impossible to tell how much of a casualty figure is losses until the fighting is over.

Depending on how missions go, Kingdom of Renalta and Kingdom of Liveria may also get smaller scale tastes of army behaviour combat.
  • Abstained: Forces are not currently engaged in any assault.
  • Engaged: Forces are presently engaged in combat and are both incurring and sustaining losses.
  • Front Line: Forces are located at the front line, locked in melee combat.
  • Mid Line: Forces are very close to the front line, providing support through magic or ranged weaponry. They incur more losses than they sustain so long as they're properly equipped and trained for the task.
  • Back Line: Forces are preoccupied with ancillary tasks, such as mending the wounded, recovering from a fight, or handling siege equipment.
  • Defensive Stance: Force is set to hold an enemy, which reduces casualties, but prevents them from stopping a force from rearranging itself, falling back, or fleeing.
  • Aggressive Stance: Force is set to push into an enemy, gaining ground and inflicting large numbers of casualties at the price of their own. This is typically done to break a weakened enemy, or prevent an enemy from rearranging its forces such as in sending reinforcements.
Army Composition: These are the tags that tell you what composition armies have.
  • Melee-Light: Light melee units. Generally toting chain mail and hardened leather, armed with vicious armour piercing weaponry. In general, they inflict great volumes of casualties so long as their morale remains solvent. Concentrated effort on them generally reduces them to ashes if they don't have proper protection, either from support in the mid line, or from heavy melee on the front line.
  • Melee-Heavy: Heavy melee units. Generally toting plate mail and other such materials, and armed with two handed weapons or one handed weapons in combination with shields. They're slow but terrifying tanks that set a line and hold it. That being said, magic, artillery, and armour piercing ranged weapons generally rip through them, but they typically have resilient morale in comparison to their light melee counterparts.
  • Super-heavy: This unit is terrifyingly powerful and likely extremely large in size. (In excess of 20 square feet or more.) Vulnerable to artillery due to being barn-sized or bigger, but can typically slaughter multiple men in a single blow.
  • Crossbows/Bows: Heavy piercing weaponry. Crossbows are a mid-line weapon with more armour piercing, whereas bows are a back line weapon with a greater rate of fire. Both are vulnerable to artillery and stealth units.
  • Rifles: Can pierce nearly any defense magic or otherwise, but at the cost of extreme reloading times where they are quite vulnerable.
  • Anti-Magic: Unit dispels magic. They actively destroy magical spells wherever they go.
  • Magic-Resistant: Unit resists magic. They aren't affected by magic. Different from anti-magic, in that they're unlikely to actually stop a spell so much as they will simply ignore it themselves.
  • Hero: A valiant hero of the land, be it a leader of a nation, or one of their champions. They fight with utmost capacity, but at generally severely limited numbers. Most, if not all bodyguards will die before they will allow their leader to perish. Injuries, on the other hand, are completely possible to sustain regardless of the number of bodyguards they have. Typically, they can prevent morale breaks to men nearby them.
  • Artillery: Either old fashioned artillery (ballista, trebuchet, catapult, et cetera) or new age artillery (cannons, elemental cannons, certain kinds of mages, et cetera) that is used to pound enemy lines with red hot death. Causes more morale penalties than actual casualties in either case, though extremely large targets can be dealt with.
  • Monstrosity: Something so terrifying to face it causes morale penalties merely by existing. While usually applied to literal monsters, there are sometimes men who have reputations so villainous and so disturbing as to win this trait themselves.

Pet/Item: Your selected item from the Requisitions List will be displayed in your character action list, indented beneath your character. Currently active pets and summons are also here, so it should be clear who owns what on the battlefield. Pets and summons without names will be assigned names if necessary to differentiate them from opposing creatures with similar descriptions.

Kingdom of Renalta - Heart of Madness

Group 1 (Players)
  • Murderok: Places Magic-Breaker on crossbow bolt, overcharges it, waits for Mikan's signal.
    • Magic-Breaker (Item): Blocks one spell.
  • Zinnarath 'Zin' Corsys: Prepares a spell...
  • Sheriff Cennick "Cen" Greenborough: Asks Mikan for help against Marcus, tells Abjaar & Erik to focus on Kouri.
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Heals any wound. One use.
    • Books (Item--Unique): Illusion & Swamps of Time. (+Lore knowledge.)
  • Franchine Odessa (NPC): NAT.
    • Haraith: Pet/Companion. Large, four-legged, scaled creature.
  • Abjaar 'Bastille' Korsair: Requests Eric for a timed attack, walks over to the illusory princess, asks James a question [no response].
    • Treated Blood Vial (Item): Used.
  • Mikan: Flank-attacks Marcus, pinned by wolf. (Behaviour: Independent.)
  • Eric Vadlegarf: Reloading after injuring illusory Kouri. (Behaviour: Independent.)
Group 2 (Allies)
  • Dean Hansen: Legendary hero of Renalta, injured, severely fatigued.
Group 3 (Enemies)
  • Purple Wizard: Locked up Murderok's crossbow, healed illusory Kouri's wounds, remaining behind her forces.
  • Illusory Marcus: Severe knee injury, still blade-locked with Cennick.
  • Illusory Kouri: Preparing a spell...
  • First Wolf: Waiting to coordinate an attack with illusory Kouri.
  • Second Wolf: Pinning Mikan.
Imperium/Amazons - The Dream of Empire

Group 1 (Players)
  • Elrithos "Sand Runner":
    • Large Scroll Case & Extra Waterskin: Player's choice.
  • Sonia: Noticed Fahim's strange behaviour. (GM: My compliments.) Uses Cat's Eye Charm on one of the crossbows and orders Veira to use lightning on it. Uses liquid from water skin to blind the other crossbow.
    • Imperial Missive (Item): Used.
    • Treated Blood Vial (Item): Can call forth spirit with personal or ancestral connections to aid you in animal form. One use.
  • Doctor Steven Adian Gremlock: Attempts to use holy magic he doesn't have, firing his gun at the Agent of Greed.
    • Imperial Missive (Item): Summons 3-5 Imperial Scouts to your location from closest point. One use.
  • Môrgæn 'Crooked Bitch' Minstrol: Charges, throws a dagger.
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Heals any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Armerza Gilkak: Taunts enemies, starts climbing stairs to face them.
  • Fahim: (Behaviour: Independent.)
  • Veira: (Behaviour: Independent.)
Group 2 (Enemies)
  • Four humanoid enemies protecting Agent of Greed on ceiling: All in light-medium armour, one armed with a crossbow, one armed with sword & shield, one armed with duel axes. Fourth is blinded and without a weapon.
  • Agent of Greed with poisoned throwing knives, lightly armoured, skeletal.

Kingdom of Liveria - Ancestral Bonds

Group 1 (Players)
  • Kasim Amibilus: Attacks Kraclaw.
    • Treated Blood Vial (Item): Can call forth spirit with personal or ancestral connections to aid you in animal form. One use.
  • Elrbetrt Westfeld: Attempts to attack an unspecified target, feints.
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Can heal any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Laenaia: Attempts to change Kraclaw's target to Rayvon.
    • Seal of the Trader (Item): Convince merchants and the underbelly of society to side with you instantly.
  • Rayvon Krayvitch: Orders Haruuk, approaches Kraclaw.
    • Treated Blood Vial (Item): Used.
    • Haruuk: Attacking target (Orc against Gabriel).
  • Draza: NAT.
  • Andrea Llolth'Allin: Attempting to weaken orc with necromancy.
  • Zoe Vasilios: Attempts to save Elrbetrt, fails. (Behaviour: Independent, Defensive.)
  • Gabriel: Slays an orc with Haruuk's assistance. (Behaviour: Independent, Defensive.)
Group 2 (Allies)
  • Princess Helénē: Possessed whip orc, is weaponless. Tackled another orc to the ground.
Group 3 (Enemies)
  • Kraclaw: Heavily armoured orc with a spear, threw his last throwing axe at Andrea.
Goblin Holds - Antiqua Scientiam

Group 1 (Players)
  • Daevon van de Scathis Venderland: Looks for an instruction manual, discovers nature of some of the walls.
    • Seal of the Trader (Item): Convince merchants and the underbelly of society to side with you instantly.
  • Esyllt Boudica: Summons a golem, maintaining multiple summons. (Draining.)
    • Undead Cat: Returning to master, out of contact distance.
    • Venatrix: Amazonian Metal Golem.
  • Child: Gets foreboding, attempts to listen for incoming targets.
  • Maeven Lucre: Offers traps. Orders Fafnir to help as needed.
    • Fafnir the Father (Mecha-Dragon): Is ordered to help as needed.
    • Angel's Blood (Item): Can heal any wound. Can only be used once.
  • Aslo: Sets traps (caltrops), makes makeshift explosives, hides on a roof opposite the destroyed golem.
  • Nyla Valerius: Prepares to cover Aslo's retreat. (Behaviour: Independent.)
  • Unamo: Prepares a trap... (Behaviour: Independent.)

Kingdom of Tuleria - Unto the Breach

Group 1 (Players)
Group 2 (Allies)
  • Eleven Buccaneers in melee combat. This includes Mas'ud Campos, though he's injured.
  • Three magician-buccaneers, staying back as reserves to ensure at least one of them reaches the demon portal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Army 1 (Allies) (Total Strength: 27,630 Men.) (Overall Morale: Zealous.) (Outdated! No intel to see how the battle is going!)
  • Liverian Witch Hunters, Detachment 1 (Crossbows): 100% Force Strength (1,000 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • Liverian Witch Hunters, Detachment 2 (Crossbows): 100% Force Strength (1,000 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • Tulerian Buccaneers, Detachment 1 (Light Melee): 100% Force Strength (8,000 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • Tulerian Buccaneers, Detachment 2 (Light Melee): 100% Force Strength (8,000 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • Tulerian Buccaneers, Detachment 3 (Artillery, Cannons): 100% Force Strength (500 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • Renaltan Soldiers, Detachment 1 (Heavy Melee): 100% Force Strength (4,000 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • Renaltan Soldiers, Detachment 2 (Heavy Melee): 100% Force Strength (4,000 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • High King Varro's Unit (Hero Unit + Bodyguards): 100% Force Strength (50 men), Unbreakable Morale. Engaged.
  • Archmage Janelle's Unit (Hero Unit + Bodyguards): 100% Force Strength (40 men), Unbreakable Morale. Engaged.
  • Marcela Adriana Otis' Unit (Hero Unit + Bodyguards): 100% Force Strength (40 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • Blood Sea Corpse-Hunters (Light Melee + Necromancer): 100% Force Strength (500 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.
  • Blood Sea Magic-Eaters (Anti-Magic, Light Melee): 100% Force Strength (500 men), 100% Morale. Engaged.

Army 2 (Enemies)
? (No players able to see the battle.)
Intel Report: Somewhere in the realm of 20,000-25,000, mixed light-heavy melee. If there are any hero units, they haven't been spotted yet, though mages detect the presence of at least two, and one superheavy monstrosity. The area around the portal is poorly guarded, with only a few light infantry there, though when the fighting begins the commanding unit may fall back there.

@Asuras failed to post this round and last round, and has been dropped from the RP.
@Elendra failed to post this round.
He stood somewhat awestruck at the destruction the bag of rats had caused.

A Horrible Tragedy said:
She checks for a pulse.

Elrbetrt had none.

• Love
Reactions: Alphakoka
@Kiita, @Herzinth, and @Darog, I'm planning on using my Imperial Missive this post, send a batch of scouts to check out the portal, and maybe a scout to check out the armies. That cool with you guys, or do you have something else in mind?

@Kiita, @Herzinth, and @Darog, I'm planning on using my Imperial Missive this post, send a batch of scouts to check out the portal, and maybe a scout to check out the armies. That cool with you guys, or do you have something else in mind?

My original plan was going to be Yuri, Quar, and Aeyr stay back with all the injured; both to heal said injured and to act as a rear guard of sorts to warn the rest of any demons coming from the army (with you being the runner). However, we apparently only have one injured buccaneer, Quar is already healing himself, and me and Arkos have superficial wounds atm.

In other words, using the Imperial Scouts seems like a fine idea.

These new people are awful at sticking around.

Also...Suddenly dead people...that's unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.