Lantern, SPIRIT! (Dark Fantasy, Action-Adventure RP)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last question, is there a preferred picture medium? Real life, anime, art/drawing ect.?
Preferably something along the lines of art/drawing, cartoon, anime and what not. Please avoid real life face claims as I'm hoping to keep everyones characters relatively uniform in terms of appearance.

@Camleen

The cop/military idea sounds like a pretty interesting angle, oh but so does the rockstar thing too! Both characters would bring a very unique element to the table. In my honest opinion though, I would go rockstar, just to make things fun :D but its up to you! Both ideas are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Dip
Thanks for the answer ^^

And I suppose I could try to play a male...but I fear I won't be able to play a male character as well as a female. 'Course, I could go androgynous, and play a character comfortable as either male or female.

@Scath

An androgynous would absolutely be welcome. =) But hey, you're welcome to play as a female if you'd like!

Thanks for the answer ^^

And I suppose I could try to play a male...but I fear I won't be able to play a male character as well as a female. 'Course, I could go androgynous, and play a character comfortable as either male or female.
if you like, we could switch kinda! i could play the guy, and you can play a girl character. the only thing ive done for my character is give them a name and a face, but i can easily find another picture if you're really itching to play a girl :3C

if you like, we could switch kinda! i could play the guy, and you can play a girl character. the only thing ive done for my character is give them a name and a face, but i can easily find another picture if you're really itching to play a girl :3C
I might go with the androgynous route, it would certainly be different and it would kinda even out gender ratio. The only hard part would be finding a decent picture reference that isn't real life...But switching is cool too @Dip, so either one works for me! =^.^=

• Love
Name: Jackson Lancaster

Height:6'5

Weight: 89kg

Personality: Jackson is a calm young man, and rather introvert. This isn't because of crippling shyness but his mere desire for peace and quiet. He's cautious (maybe a bit too careful as his friends would correct him), meticulous and sharp. Although he means to do his best and help others, he tends to make the situation worse than what it is with his downer of a personality. Despite being brilliant, he's not immune to doing idiotic things, if there's a challenge he'll take it, regardless if he can do it or not, all that needs to be said is "I bet you can't," his friends for this very reason enjoy taking him out drinking. Although he has a serious personality, he is well liked for having good intentions and being reliable.

Biography: Jackson was born on Dec. 24, 1993, in a tiny town in Illinois. If you asked him where specifically he'll promptly answer with "In buttfuck nowhere." At the age of four his uncle died, murdered to be specific, and being so young and oblivious to the situation sparked curiosity instead of grief, and over the years grew more and more curious about what happened to people after they died after finding out what death is. The topic is obviously a touchy one, so his interests were left in the closet, not wanting to bring up any unpleasant memories to his mother and father. His life as quiet as a pathologist could get.

Life Wish: "I want to solve the greatest mystery!"

Death Scene: A criminal never returns to the crime scene. Especially if the crime scene were a murder, but such a saying has been proven wrong.
[WIP]

• Love
Reactions: Gossamer and Dip
I've another question.. what will they be wearing when they arrive in the black?

And i know i said I'd do a cs yesterday, but I had to finish setting up mom's new ipod and scan a bunch a pics for her when I got home from work and donating yesterday. So tonight I should be able to work on it tonight after work. I'll think about the character today while I'm working!

Reactions: Gossamer
Hello, is there space here for one more?

Totally reminds me a bit about a certain wc3 map.

Question in regards to their appearance, do they appear like they have died? Mainly asking because my character might have his/her head shaved because something something hospital stay but I'd prefer him/her not to run around bald (x.

@Skyswimsky Heeey, that map looks fun! I can see the resemblance, hehe.

Totally reminds me a bit about a certain wc3 map.

Question in regards to their appearance, do they appear like they have died? Mainly asking because my character might have his/her head shaved because something something hospital stay but I'd prefer him/her not to run around bald (x.

Oh, I believe @Camleen asked a question like that last night, but I was a sleepy bird so I didn't get around to answering it. My bad.

As fun as it would be to have a baldy in the group, that won't be the case. Everyone will appear to be in radiant health, and will be wearing whatever clothes they perished in, free from any rips or tears that may have occurred however they kicked the bucket.

*blinks* Now I feel the urge to change the method (time) of death for my character... Speaking of characters, I found this image! Does it look suitably androgynous?

@Scath I think it fits the criteria quite well actually, no thanks to that shirt =P super cute though!

Is there still room to join? I know you sent that PM, I just want to make sure! I'm planning on making a Catholic character who probably assumes this is some form of Purgatory! :)

• Love
Here's my application for rp, I hope it's okay! Tell me if there's anything that needs to be fixed.

Picture:
8e653322bd27bb37ef3a55bd293cce0f.jpg

Name: Ehren Nobel

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 162 lbs

Personality: Ehren is a responsible person, and erudite as well. He makes sure that everything in his life is going okay and everyone in his life is doing alright. He's there to support people and give them a shoulder to cry on. He takes his studies very seriously and would usually pick that over a party. However, he's not completely stuck up when it comes to parties. On the contrary, he loves them, just without any alcohol or drugs. He wants to be a good role model for the people around him, so he never partakes in anything "bad" like drugs, stealing, lying, etc. However, Ehren lacks street smarts and fears that if he wasn't able to get a stable job, everything in his life will fall apart. He has a secret love for the romance genre and can get emotional during scenes of intense romance.

Biography: Ehren was taken in by the state when he was a baby, due to his father abandoning his mother and his mother being a druggie. He was placed in foster care and moved from home to home, feeling like he didn't belong until he was adopted by the perfect family for him. They consisted of two loving parents and an older sister that, at first, didn't take to him. He was around 8 at the time of his adoption.

Once he was in a stable environment, he was able to thrive in school and excelled in anything that used his brain rather than brawn. His adoptive parents were proud of him and, though his older sister saw him stealing the spotlight from her, stood up for him whenever he was bullied. Though the time he spent in foster care did affect him to a degree, he wanted to be a good boy and not have others be put in his position back then. So he worked to be a "good boy" to his family and peers, always doing as he was told and keeping to his morals. As he grew older, he eventually became well liked among his peers and made a couple of lifelong friends in the process.

His high school and college life were relatively normal. He went to a couple of parties, went to prom and got his first kiss there, graduated, attended a prestigious college, the works. He was at the prime of his youth when his life was taken from him due to drunk driving. He was there to pick up his friends when the car smashed into the driver's seat and he perished.

Life Wish: Graduate college and get a good, stable job. Secretly wants to write some popular romance novels.

Death Scene: Ehren sighed and leaned back in his chair as he waited for his friends to come out. They had partying it up again, drinking the night away even though they were underage. Tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, he watched the drunk partygoers slowly trickle outside, laughing and smiling at each other due to the influence of alcohol. The whole thing seemed fun, but he forced himself not to go to parties during his college years. After all, someone had to be the responsible one and not drink alcohol underage, right?

He let out another sigh when he spotted his friends and their girlfriends stumbling out of the house, roaring drunk. "H-Hey Ehreeen," one of them exclaimed, waving to him clumsily, "You should've-should've come for the trip. Reaaaal good!"

"No thanks, I rather be alive," he drawled, "Now get in and I'll drive you guys home." They just laughed and clambered into the car as if it was no big deal. He secretly hoped that no one would throw up in his car. Turning the car on, he slowly began to move out of the current street he was in and weave through the other streets.

"So, hey, did you guys like, h-hear about the other party goin' on?" one of the girlfriends asked, "Total bogus, right?"

"Hm, I wouldn't know. Where was it being held?" he asked.

"Close by, jus past this intersection o'er there," one of his friends said as he stopped by a red light.

"Really? That's-" There was the sound of screeching tires and something smashed into his car. It flipped over several times from the force before landing on its side, a dent near the front of his car. Even wearing a seatbelt couldn't save him from the force of the crash, for the other car had crashed right into the driver's seat.

Reactions: Gossamer and Larry
Just as an update!
I have a general idea for my character. I got a pic I wanna use I think. I just need to put pen to paper, so to speak.

Hey, if you're still accepting I would love to join this. I would probably be playing a male too which it seems is sort of needed.

@rechonq we'll be looking over characters now and after the OOC has been posted, so there's plenty of time to write up a character if you'd like. ^_^

Reactions: rechonq
Status
Not open for further replies.