Lab (andrew21234xcronoxneko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier was still in shock and was tired. He got up off the floor and went to the bed he and Zane shared. He then got under the blanket and looked at Zane tears running down his face. He was so scared, but he was almost certain Zane wouldn't help to comfort him.

Once the woman left the room he turned to his coworker "we need to stop working with her, before she kills all of the test subjects."

Celtics sight returned. He looked up and saw his friends. Without a word he climbed up to his bunk and did something he never did up there. Cried.

"Oh no. No no no. The Boss can't fire her. No he can't. Why? Because she's the last person with a medical degree that supports us. Without her, were fucked. She would probably tell the government if we fired her too. Stubborn bitch." Rattman replied rubbing his face with a mad smile. If you made him angry enough he would literally lose it. But what he spoke was true, sadly enough.

As silence fell within the room once more, only broken by small sniffles, Zane's inner voice reminded him, 'They need the REAL you.' "The real me..." He repeated, the words sounding almost foreign coming out of his mouth. Slowly he was brought back by his desire to help his friends. He stood up, his legs wobbly beneath him as he struggled to make his way over to the bed. "Celtic...?" He whispered, leaning on the bed frame as he reached up and poked him in the back gently.

He was really hoping neither of them had died whilst he was sat in the corner. 'How long was I...' His head slumped down against the mattress of Celtic's bunk and continued to poke him, hoping for some sort of sign he was alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Celtic's arm moved quick as a whip as he grabbed the hand that poking him. He got up and faced Zane with tears in his eyes. When he realized it was his friend he dropped his hand and hugged Zane. "You didn't go crazy.*sniff* Well done."

Zane flinched as Celtic rolled over, grasping his arm tightly. 'They've changed him!' His heart racing and words caught in his throat he stood there, not knowing what to do before his wrist was released.

His friend's words were filled with sadness though he could easily see it on his face. "You two needed me." He whispered as he hugged Celtic back. He let his friend go, giving him a small smile before checking on Xavier.

He awkwardly sat on the small amount of room he had and stared at the blankets in which he hid. He knew he would be much the same as Celtic though dealing with Xavier was different. He'd always been the one to look after the other two and now he needed Zane.

Unable to come up with a better way of checking on him, he poked him.

Xavier felt a finger poking him and turned over tears still running down his face. Knowing he had to be brave once again he wiped the tears from his face and said "I'm fine Zane, just in a little pain, go back and help Celtic." Xavier said with a fake smile, both boys needed comforting, but Celtic needed it more.

He studied him for a second, clearly worried but he knew that he was right. "Next time i'll take it for the both of you." He said, hoping it would make him feel better.

He got up slowly, his head still feeling lightheaded from before making him grip the frame of the bed again. "Do you need some company?" He asked Celtic, barely managing to get the words out. He didn't feel at all good.

Celtic looked over a Zane and nodded. They sat together, legs dangling. "When I felt ready to die I saw them. I saw my drunk, commanding father and my bossy mother. I realized that you two are the only people I've ever met who value me as a human being." He said, tears falling from his face.

Zane awkwardly attempted to climb up into the top bunk. He was never the best climber and quite frankly was afraid of heights but after several attempts he managed to haul himself up. He sat there next to Celtic, swaying his legs over the edge of the bed as his friend talked about his family.

He ran his fingers through his white hair, not really knowing what to say to make him feel better. Eventually, after a long silence, he put his arm around Celtic, rubbing his back gently and smiling down at him. "We're your family now."

Now tha Zane wasn't watching Xavier let the tears fall. He was tired of being the one to do the comforting so he was released that Zane was comforting Celtic. Hearing the bit about the three being a family made him smile slightly and the tear ran down his checks.

"Aww isn't that cute, they're a family" Dr. Barkly said laughing. He turned to Dr. Rattman. "So are you going to do your experiment now, or wait until tomorrow?"

"Thank you Zane." Celtic replied with a sad smile. He looked down at Xavier from the top bunk. "I didn't see what happened to you Xavier. You OK?"

But Rattman was already leaving the room. "I'm going to go to a bar, get drunk, hopefully forget I work a fucking manic, and come back tomorrow."

"Y-yeah I'm fine Celtic, my neck just hurt a little bit" Xavier said partially lying to his friend.

"Have fun" Dr. Barkley said to his coworker as he walked out the door.

(Sorry for the short post, my mother and I haven't been getting along, we just had a huge fight and starting tomorrow I will lose my internet privileges for a week....so I will have to sneak on here.....so my posts will be a little slow, I'm sorry guys :/. )

(Not to worry. I'm sure we've all been there and anyway, I'm pretty patient but thanks for letting us know.)

"I think we should all get some rest." Zane said, looking down at Xavier. He could see his friend was in clear distress over what had happened. 'What had happened?' He thought it best not to ask, it was far too soon. 'I might just find out tomorrow...' Remembering what he had said to Xavier prior.

Climbing down from the top bunk, Zane wriggled his way onto his side of the small mattress and pulled the covers over his head. It was the only way to sleep as the lights never seemed to turn off, making it impossible to tell what time it was. All he knew was that they all needed to sleep. "I'm here for you if you need me." Zane whispered to Xavier. He was really trying to be supportive to both of them and he could only hope it was working.

Xavier knew as much as he wanted to be the big, strong, touch man of the group he would need the other boys' support. He too pulled the covers over his head. He then shakily with tears still running down his checks grabbed Zane's hand and held it. "I'm sorry if it's weird......I just need some support" he said his voice a whisper and by the end of it his voice broke into silent tears.

Zane gave him a small smile as he wriggled slightly closer to Xavier. "I'll stay here as long as you need me." He reassured, his smile fading slowly as he watched the tears run down his cheeks. 'It should have been me.' His face grew hot as he thought about it, mad at himself that he had been such a... A... 'Coward!' He finally admitted. How could he look after them if he was a coward? How could he protect them if he was insane?

"I won't let it happen again, I Promise." He whispered to Xavier, his tears fuelling Zane's rage. He took in a deep breath, holding it for a few seconds before letting it out slowly. He needed to stay calm. Xavier needed him, the real him.

"You're not a coward" Xavier said wiping his tears with his other hand...."but thanks for being here...." Xavier added. It's kinda nice to be comforted instead of doing the comforting he thought. "You're a really good friend Zane" he finished giving the other boy's hand a a squeeze.

Squeezing his hand back he smiled. He always knew just what to say to make Zane feel better but in all honesty, he didn't even need to say anything, just having him there was enough. "Thank you." He whispered, his smile still wide as he closed his eyes. Hopeful tonight he'll have more pleasant dreams.

"You're welcome, good night........brother" Xavier said before he went to sleep. He figured since they were a family now that all of the boys were brothers.

"It's about time we call each other that." whispered Celtic as his eyelids closed and a smile spread across his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.