Lab (andrew21234xcronoxneko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zane listened intently as his two friends talked about yesterday, about hurting each other. He could't remember it at all and even with Celtic's reassurance that he handles it fine he could't help but feel... Wrong.

He came back from his thoughts about yesterday to hear them talking about dreams. What did he dream about? Vague images swirled around his mind. Violence. Blood. Her must have still been feeling the effects of that drug. "I uhh... Can't remember." He said simply when it came to his turn.

To avoid any further questioning her rose from bed, shoulders slumped and head down, watching where he walked. He closed the bathroom door behind him and sat on the lid of the toilet, cradling his head in his hands. "Keep it together." He mumbled to himself. "Your friends need the real you." Letting out a small sigh he rose and continued with his morning bathroom routine.

---

She wasn't the most organised out of the three of them and she didn't mind admitting that. It just meant that she had a tendency to misplace things, usually her formulas she'd scribble down on a piece of paper.

Looking over the trolly quickly, she placed a few more instruments on there before standing back to admire her hard work. "Truly a job well done." She praised herself as she exited the room to fetch the two others.

As she walked back over to the monitors she stepped on a piece of paper with writing frantically scribbled on it. She recognised it form a few months back when she had a breakthrough with her research. Studying it quickly she spotted an equation and frowned. "That's not right..." She mumbled and she took a pencil from her pocket and fixed it up quickly before realising what she had done. "I-I've done it? I've done it!"

The equation had been wrong and thus cause her to accidentally kill a previous test subject, causing him to repeatedly throw his head against the table until he was dead but now, now she would show them.

"Oh them again...." Xavier said, the boy's retooling of his dreams had become almost like a soap opera.

"For one I would appreciate it if you didn't take my research and make it your own, and yes I fixed MY mind's eye" Dr. Barkley said angrily. When the female doctor came back he said "I'll tell the boys to go to the lab." He reached forward and said into the microphone "good morning boys sleep well? Anyways we have a fun experiment planned for today so I'm u locking your door please be in the lab in five minutes.....or we'll have to use force....."

Zane came out of the bathroom just as the familiar voice was broadcasted over the loudspeaker. Looking at the other two, he waited for one of them to make a move. The 'click' of the lock unhooking itself behind the inner workings of the reinforced door symbolised their small escape, the small amount of freedom before they were forced to wall right into the clutches of hell.

---

Clutching her piece of paper tightly, Dr. Shiro stood in the lab, needle ready in the other and a table with ties attached lay in front of her. "I only need one." She said, looking over to the others who had joined her. "I'll let you two bicker over who gets to try this." She held up the large needle, a brownish red liquid swirled inside of it. She smugly smile over to Dr. Rattman, knowing her experiment would work.

Celtic pocketed his watch, jumped down from his top bunk, and headed for the door. "I'll go." He declared.

Dr. Rattman crossed his arms, matched the insane woman's smirk with a look of doubt, and whispered to hisself, "brave kid."

"Celtic no I'll go, you got the crap beat out of you yesterday it's my turn" Xavier said terrified of what might happen but he know it was only fair that he should go.

"Looks like they're both brave.....why not take the both of them.....and see how the other one does being all by himself" Dr. Barkley said to the female scientist.

Zane looked at the both of them, they were much braver then he was but like he had told himself, they need him to be less... Crazy. "I-I'll..." Just as he was about to suggest he should be the one to go the loudspeaker crackled with static and the woman spoke. "Ahem, number 38 and number 11, please make your way to the lab. As for you number 23, just stay put."

---

She nodded her head and walked over to the the monitor, watching their reaction on the screen as she spoke. It was quite satisfying feeling superior and in power.

Xavier walked through the hall to the lab which slid open. Slowly he walked up to the metal table and got on it. A scientist then came by and clamped his wrists and ankles down so he couldn't try to escape or hurt the scientist.

"Need any help? Or should we stay here and watch the other one?" Dr. Barkley said to the female scientist as she headed towards the lab....this experiment would be painful he knew it.

Celtic sighed and patted his friend on the back. "Thank you." He said as they walked into the room. As always it was completely wight aside from a few blood stains from yesterday. Celtic laid down on another table and gave the camera a unimpressed look as his arms were strapped down.

Silence fell as the two left, the door locking securely behind them. Zane walked slowly back over to the bunk beds, crawling in under the sheets yet again. "Stay calm..." He reminded himself, his heart racing in his chest. Stress couldn't be good for his episodes and he really didn't want to completely lose it in his friends absence. They were always there to help him through them but now he was alone. Alone. "Alone..."

---

"You'll see what happens either way." She said over her shoulder as she walked back into the lab and over to the shelves on the far side. "Good morning you two." She acknowledged the boys as they lay there. She grabbed a vial of blue liquid and drew up a small amount, turning the reddish brown liquid in the syringe black. "You'll be pleased to know I have finally perfected one of my formulas. This liquid should... Well i don't really want to give it away." She walked over to the table that number 11 was strapped to and poked at his neck with her finger. "I bet you'd love to be the first to try my drug yes?"

She didn't wait for a reply and jabbed the large needle into the boy's neck, injecting half the liquid. If it worked the boy would grow an exoskeleton similar to hers. Unfortunately she had lost the formula she had used on herself and if it didn't work he could be turned inside out? Grow an extra limb? She could never really tell until it happened. Standing back, she watched the boys reaction as the drug began to work.

Xavier was terrified of what would happen to his friend and what would happen to him. What if I die? What is Celtic does? What if our bodies get screwed up? Xavier thought.

"She better not screw up those two they're two of out better subjects" Dr. Barkley said to his coworker as he watched the other boy on the screen.

Celtic stared at the ceiling. The room was getting brighter. "Stop. To much light." He said as he began to squint just to see.

"What..."

"Celtic!" Xavier said as his friend started squinting. For all he knew his friend has dying. No he can't die!

"Um they are two of our beater test subjects so so better not kill them Dr. Rattman" Dr. Barkley repeated what he had said a few moments ago.

Celtic closed his eyes, and for a moment silence filled the room. But then, even with his eyes closed he felt like he was looking into the sun. "ITS TOO BRIGHT! STOP IT! STOP IT" Celtic screamed as he writhed frantically, eyes burning.

Rattman pulled away from the Mind's Eye and blinked several times. He turned it off and yelled with fury,
"He can't see anything but light. How do you fuck up this bad?!"

Unimpressed with the boy's reaction and still determined to prove her worth, she moved over to the second boy. She signed, clearly annoyed. "Be quiet and stop squirming..." She scolded, though her tone was bland. Holding his head to the side, facing the other boy as he screamed out, she jabbed the needle into his neck, injecting him the rest of the black liquid.

Standing back and ignoring the second boy and the remarks from her coworkers, she watched him.

---

Screaming echoed through the halls, able to be heard by Zane who had began to freak out, cradling himself in the corner of the room. "Their going to die... They're not coming back..." He could barely hold on and felt his mind slipping further and further away. He stared up at the camera that was flashing at him. "Always watching..."

As the needle entered his neck he started panicking. As the liquid started coarsening through his body he started squirming uncontrollably. He couldn't stop his body just kept spasming. He looked around wildly his neck felt like it was on fire. "Make it stop make it stop please!" He screamed he couldn't handle this it was too much pain.

"Well there goes two of out best test subjects, we should have done your experiment today and skipped her" Dr. Barkley said to his coworker flatly.

Her face scrunched up in disgust at the two boys, "Useless, the both of you!" She screamed as she grabbed the formula, propping herself up onto the counter to study it, her single golden eye frantically looking from each equation to the next. "Can someone get rid of them?! I cannot concentrate with their screaming!"

Xavier was still spasming when he and Celtic were released from their bonds and dragged down to their room by two of the lab assistants. They opened the door and threw the two boys inside. By now Xavier had managed to stop his spasming but us neck still burned and he start crying.

Celtic was ready to die. The pain would end. He never said goodbye to Zane. He was probably going mad. He offered one last word to his dear friend "You were the nicest people I ever met."

"Useless bitch!" Rattman screamed as smacked the papers out of Dr. Shio's hands. He entered the room and injected the cure into the two boys necks. He when back into the room screaming, "I've done it my ass! How long did you really spend on that formula?! Two minutes?!"

Ever though the pain was bad he knew he had to say good bye to Celtic of he truely has going to die. "Celtic, I'll miss you....and possibly join you soon" He said, just then one of the two male scientists came and injected some thing into their necks and the burning slowly faded away.

Following Dr. Ratmann's attack on the crazy woman he added "the boss is definitely going to fire you this time you crazy witch. "

Zane lifted his eyes to the door as his friends were thrown in, their bodies limp. 'They're dead?' His eyes wide with shock as he studied them, his vision blurred with tears. He however, didn't move from his position. If they weren't dead they might have changed. Hugging his knees close he heard mumbled voices. Was it them talking? He couldn't tell, everything was moving.

Figures came and went from the room, the clicking of the doors mechanisms seemed to shatter his eardrums. "S-Stay away." He managed to whimper towards his friends, if there were still the same when they left.

---

Shiro raised her eyes in surprise as Rattman stormed out of the room, giving a questioning look towards her other coworker as he shook his head. She had been totally immersed in solving the problem on her formula she hadn't been paying attention to them.

Rattman returned and began screaming in her face. How easily he got annoyed at her and she couldn't help but giggle, which she was sure would annoy him more. "Calm down, it's not a complete failure. At least I know that it needs more tampering." She gently pushed Rattman out of the way and grabbed her formula on the floor, walking out without another word,

Status
Not open for further replies.