Food 10

PLAYER CHOSEN:
PLAYER CHOSEN:
PLAYER CHOSEN:

MAP IN SPOILER
[spoili]
1z5j6kl.jpg
[/spoili]

I think the resources should add up to the same number. It seems pretty unfair that Ten has 41 total while Three only has 26, despite being the same size geographically. 1, 7 and 9 have less than 10 too, despite being considerably larger.

While I think that's a good idea in theory, a frozen tundra could be a hundred times larger than a tropical rainforest and have a mere sliver of the resources. You know?

And I would have to redo the resources and let everyone choose all over again to keep it fair and unbiased.

I mean, I could do that, and I could try to make them more equal, but I won't make them the same. I think that's unrealistic.

Also, one has 8,8,6,2,5,3, which adds up to 32.
two has 30,
three has 26,
four has 32,
five has 30,
six has 30,
seven has 29,
eight has 35,
nine has 39,
and ten has 41

.... Im not sure where you got your numbers from lol
That's pretty darn even. The highest is 41, the lowest is 26. and the average is like around 29.5 total. So. I think its realistic.

You have a point, but I don't see any frozen tundra regions on there. Or tropical rainforest. Most of the environments look roughly the same, and I can't imagine this land is much larger than a single country in our world terms, so you can't expect that much variation. If it is, then that offshore volcano is almost the size of yellowstone, and contains considerably more magma.

Plus, I'm just talking from an RP point of view rather than a realism point of view. It could have a colossal impact on trade and make some nations get massively left out, though I guess we'll have to wait and see. Plus, an average of 29.5 makes 41 a massive outlier.

I just calculated mean and SD as 32.8 + 5.1, so anything outside 27.7 - 37.9 bracket is probably going to be unfair.

My tundra rainforest example was dramatic for point of emphasis lol.

Well, averages are notorious for being swayed by outliers. But I just don't think that one or two less rich or more rich is a huge deal because almost all of the nations are around 30. I would say that the coniferous forests of the north count as cold regions with short growing seasons where the south is subtropical. I know the forests around the swamp in the south are hot all year round. There's no winter down there and yes, actually maybe I'd say they're tropical because of their southern location and proximity to water.

I guess I should have said that when I make maps, if the region shows snow, it means there's snow and frost there more often than not. I also never called it a volcano when I made it. That was not me at all lol. That was just a mountain when I made it so don't ask me about magma :P

And I don't think any nations will be left out because it's a roleplay and we all have things to offer for the sake of development and progression :)

I Donno, I mean, are you upset with your territory? Are you requesting a redraw of the map slots with all new resources? I guess is the main question here :)

I just calculated mean and SD as 32.8 + 5.1, so anything outside 27.7 - 37.9 bracket is probably going to be unfair.

+/- 1std aside, I just don't think that the statistics behind it are the hugest deal. But that's just me. Worlds are distributed with a high degree of heterogeneity. So. I Donno.

Okay. I can do this one other way: I scrap this map and go roll a completely random numbers for 10 territories and make a map to suit what comes out. Because then there's no question about it, it's random.

Or I could make everyone have the same level of resources and remove the need for trading.

Or I could go and redo all these resources and pitch it again, but then everyone would have to choose all over again and everyone would have to agree on the resources presented, otherwise I'd have to redo the map again. To accommodate for a rerun of this.

Unless you have another suggestion? Either way, if I change the resources, I either have to roll randomly or everyone had to start choosing again because I don't want the claims of me distributing the resources with a bias.

So coniferous forests at the top at around 50 - 60 N or S, and tropical swamps at 25 N or S... 111km per degree makes that a difference of around 3000km. Estimating the caldera size as around 1/6th of the distance between conifer and swamp, that makes it around 500km wide. Yellowstone's Caldera is around 89km XD Yellowstone erupting means massive scale glaciation followed by massive scale global warming. A volcano 500km wide erupting would mimic the extinction event that wiped out 95% of life on Earth back at the end of the Permian era. Except all that death would be packed into the space of a few decades rather than tens of thousands of years. I demand an event like this :D

Geologically speaking, that island must be a volcano. You don't get a random isolated mountain without it being a volcano. It's also right infront of a mountain range situated on a coast, which must be a collision boundary - mountains at collision boundaries contain lots of volcanos. EG The Rockies, Japan.

Honestly, I don't care about the statistics much. I'm just really bored right now so I decided to do maths to keep me occupied :D

I'm not upset with my territory because I specifically wanted one that was small. I didn't actually know there were resources already though. I thought you distributed them just now :D You don't have to change it much, I just think reduce the numbers of the 41 a tiny bit and up the 26 a tiny bit. 2 points off the 41 and 2 points added to the 26 both bring them within the SD, and it's barely an impact. I imagine they're probably arbitrary points anyway.

Oh my. We have a science major on our hands, don't we?

Well, hopefully sometime in the future if I get anything decent for A-levels. I'm actually a biologist, but I take geology too. My brain functions in such a way that it's very difficult for me to ignore science in an RP, especially if a scientific explanation is staring me in the face.

I could sense the biology in you but the geography was taking over. Look. It will never make sense according to science. I make the maps with random shapes and add features because I think they're pretty lol. So don't expect it to be geographically correct.

That's very annoying. BRB while I think up some kind of explanation as to why this is like it is.

Just keep in mind that there's going to be a lot of biology in this RP that doesn't add up with science. So just son become the fantasy troll, please lol.

Species is OK cos they could all theoretically exist. Plus, it's a magical realm so magic gets to play a part in evolution too.

Reactions: Soulserenity20
That's very annoying. BRB while I think up some kind of explanation as to why this is like it is.
Lol well I'm sorry if my map making annoys you. I could just NOT put any effort into making visual aids for the RP lol. Geez.

That'd be kinda funny actually. I feel like creating a Stick Figure Stick World RP where every artwork is crudely drawn in paint in 10 seconds.

SORRY!!!!! I've been really busy, I'm so sorry. We're in the last stages of a group project at school so all of my focus has been on that. But now that it's over I'll be on more.

Lol it's okay. Just pick which location you want ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.