Kingdom/Race Creation Roleplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for THOSE kinds of rates, that's for each nation to decide. Each nation must set their own trade rules.

I was thinking more along the lines of me making a list of resource depletion and gain.

EX:

A large nation with a high population consumes 2 units of food per IC month (RL week) If that nation is a farming nation, or has like, lots of fish or some other feeding resource, then they gain 4 units each IC month.

You know?
Some means of calculating the costs and gains of things.

I'd assign a number from 1-10 for each resource available on each plot on the map. That number would say how many resources are gained from that location each IC Months.

Would that be beneficial?
Oh yeah definitely, now I get it lol

I'm going to need a lot of input from you guys. Okay?

Here's a screenshot of what I have so far :3

So we need to make a list of resources, we also need to make a list of "actions" that will cost resources. Once a week I'll do "upkeep" and update how much of what each of you have. Beyond that, we can RP as normal and that'll be the aspect that dictates what our nations look like, resource wise I think.

2z5sksn.jpg
2lc464n.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
Also, to create player driven plot action, I'll be rolling once a week to see if anything happens to your nation. If I roll a 15+ on a d20, then I get to roll a dice to decide if its a natural disaster, disease, and what not. Then, I roll another dice to determine the severity. This will force you all to seek assistance from your neighboring nations, it might cause civil war, etc. But remember, all the while, there's a unifying plot: an impending doom that all the nations have to face together

Where's the metal?

Jokes aside, please forgive me for not responding earlier. I have a few ideas for nations and races to fit most situations, though this time I was thinking of making a species that worships another player's nation. The last time I saw that in a nation roleplay, it was pretty darn fun~

I'd assign a number from 1-10 for each resource available on each plot on the map. That number would say how many resources are gained from that location each IC Months.
I'll have to admit that I'm a little apprehensive with this idea. I'm fine with upkeep and spending resources on improvements, but I'd prefer a bit more freedom in players shaping of the world (for example, each location has an overall number of points and the players who want that location can use those points to "buy" better resource incomes in a point-buy type of system) otherwise the same problem Karakui mentioned may appear. (For example, a location that has 10 Food income but only 2-3 everything else is pretty much only ever going to support an agricultural nation.)
Unless I'm mistaken on how this is supposed to work...?

Reactions: Soulserenity20
I'll have to admit that I'm a little apprehensive with this idea. I'd prefer a bit more freedom in our shaping of the world (for example, each location has an overall number of points and the players use those points to "buy" improved resource income in a point-buy type of system) otherwise the same problem Karakui mentioned may appear. (For example, a location that has 10 Food income but only 2-3 everything else is pretty much only ever going to support an agricultural nation.)
Unless I'm mistaken on how this is supposed to work...?
Well if a nation had only a 2-3 in everything else, they could establish trades that could supply them with 50+ units of the goods they need to develop further. They could then use those traded resources to build new developments to increase their production of certain things.

EX:
Territory X has a default income of:
10 food
2 wood
3 stone

If they gain enough seeds through trade and then enough wood to make the tools necessary, they can begin to cultivate forests. Their wood production may then go up to 4 wood. Perhaps the cost of "forest planting" would be 20 wood and 20 seed.

You know? Like, every event that came up, if someone was like " i wanna build a mine " then we'd kind of decided, "okay, a mind will cost wood, stone, and ores to craft it, plus food for the work. For 10 wood, 20 stone, and 10 food, you can increase your stone or ore production by 2+.

That being said, if you have a better system in mind, feel free to explain it!
I'm just going through some scenarios that are bound to happen, like for example:

"Player A lives on the plains and some how has set their wood production to 10."
That makes no sense for starting off. So they say "well, we cultivated a type of low growing vine that thrives in the prairies and produces a woody material.
Okay... well, where is the line? How many "super creations" does each nation get?
How do we stimulate trade, treaties, and interactions?

Lol this is really complicated. But I would like your help, like, ALL of your help. You're all very creative in your own ways so you'll all bring good suggestions to the table. If we all want a successful RP, we should all contribute to how it works. I'm the GM in the sense that I'll push the plot and toss events and such, but we should all have a say in game mechanics.

I find no problems with the system itself, but I'm more worried about player creativity.

For example, if one person wanted to create a subterranean dwarf-like nation, lots of stone and metal, but everyone already chose the mountains and the only location left is a 9 food, 5 wood, 1 stone location, they'd have to drastically change or drop the idea completely. I suppose an answer would be to...

I wouldn't go too far on making nations or claiming yet because I want to set up a list of resources available in each first :)

...do exactly that.
Nice catch, Mite. Try not to speed read too much.
Forgive me for missing that. Problem rescinded.

Well, this caught my interest. Especially since I have a nation I have in mind and judging by the maps I think or hope I can nab that one spot when possible...

Anyhow, this is an excellent idea, Soul. Count me in!

Lol Akashi I closed signups you butthead.

*grumbles grumbles*

Okay fine. But only because you have "double roleplay" leverage.

I know Akashi is good for posting. He's in another RP I GM. He'll be an asset.

That being said: Akashi, you might not get that location if someone else claims it first :( you are last on the list, after all. First come first serve.

And yeah, @Mite I see your reasoning there. That being said, I did say that players can discuss things after we've done the preliminary "I want this one" "I want that one" thing.

Also, if you desperately want to make a dwarf race but don't get mountains... I might be willing to add a mountain range. But that map offers quite a few of each type of territory I thought. Three northern. Two plains, almost all have coastal regions. 4+ have mountains in them.

Reactions: Akashi
Lol Akashi I closed signups you butthead.

*grumbles grumbles*

Okay fine. But only because you have "double roleplay" leverage.

I know Akashi is good for posting. He's in another RP I GM. He'll be an asset.

That being said: Akashi, you might not get that location if someone else claims it first :( you are last on the list, after all. First come first serve.

And yeah, @Mite I see your reasoning there. That being said, I did say that players can discuss things after we've done the preliminary "I want this one" "I want that one" thing.

Also, if you desperately want to make a dwarf race but don't get mountains... I might be willing to add a mountain range. But that map offers quite a few of each type of territory I thought. Three northern. Two plains, almost all have coastal regions. 4+ have mountains in them.
Thank you :D

OH. Guys, I should say: technology wise, this game has NO GUNS. I hate guns. No nukes, no tanks, no machinery, no nothing like that. We have mounts, not cars, bows and arrows, not guns, war bears, not tanks. Its not a machinery era. I hate machinery added into fantasy RP's so please, please keep that out lol.

No problem from me, since I was going to have a magical race.

Reactions: Soulserenity20
I suppose every nation will need to make a data set to keep check of anything income and whatnot. It does get complicated like that, especially if 'buildings' will require resources.

Well I and hopefully a co-GM would keep track of it. But yeah. I guess it just depends on what you, as players want and how complicated it's going to be lol

I really need to know what everyone wants to do in terms of mechanics lol.

Order of selection when resources are posted:

Shattered secrets
Mite
Mr. Scales
Crow
Karakui
Rion
Fantasy
Akashi

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Selection as in claiming a spot for your nation on the map you posted? In that order?

Yes. I did mention several times so far that it was first come first serve. That's the order that everyone arrived and posted in this thread.

Yes. I did mention several times so far that it was first come first serve. That's the order that everyone arrived and posted in this thread.
Ah okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.