Kingdom/Race Creation Roleplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a map and letting people choose isn't a problem, at least not for me, as long as they know what they'll be getting for picking that area because it needs to be as compatible with their plans as possible. Size probably isn't much for most people, but when I play nation RPs I like to play as the small, neutral city-state that gained political relevance through having a ridiculous abundance of something - usually magical potential among citizens.

Well we'll have to set rules on how stacked in any one set of resources any nation can have. Give me a few days to try and set up some preliminary guidelines for keeping things fair. When it comes down to it, each nation will be allowed one profession or trade or feature that is the strength of their nation. The faster we establish some guidelines the faster we can get our nations developing! I'll do a map this weekend for sure. It takes some time so it won't be until then, unfortunately

Lol when I draw maps for RPs, I just scribble a random shape on Paint, fill it a map-y colour then draw extra lines randomly to split up borders :D

Also, can I have a race of jelly-fish-people?

Lol if you want but that's limiting to have a solely aquatic race

Nah I mean floating jelly-fish. Also they were going to be a minor race, not the main one :D

Oh. Lol let's stick with one race each for now. Once we sort out the mechanics of the game we'll talk about secondary races :)

I'll try and make a simple CS in the next hour or so

By secondary race I meant really secondary, almost gimmicky :D I just had a desire to have sentient jellyfish floating around the town's sky :D

• Love
Reactions: Soulserenity20
OKay, how many different nations do we have?

I haven't heard from anyone but you Karakui lol

I'm interested..... Are there still slots open? My RP just isn't taking off. I give up, and this looks cooler.

Also, good news, I happen to have a premade map I made for another RP that didn't pick up so we can use it here :D
Here we are:
1z5j6kl.jpg

(Sorry if quality is low, I had to convert to a Jpeg for size upload requirements on tiny pic XD

Here it is with territories marked more clearly:

m74xew.jpg

I wouldn't go too far on making nations or claiming yet because I want to set up a list of resources available in each first :)

• Love
Reactions: Justin
I would probably go for a human nation, with military or religious characteristics. Size does not matter for me.

Okay, I have to compile a list of those who've signed up. At this point:

SIGNUPS CLOSED FOR NOW

i am still thinking of ideas for my race hopefully i can think of something tonight

So, I was thinking as a means of resource abundance and trades, we would use a non-numerical system.

Ex:

Rich
Bountiful
Abundant
Fair
Average
Mild
Low
Deprived
Absent

Each level has 10 tiers. So we would write it as "Average 8" meaning you have 8 "units" to trade. That way we don't need real numbers, but we have a general idea of how things work, with some lee-way in the tiers to make sure you don't do one trade and end up going from fair to average (though this is possible from "fair 1" to "average 10"

Do you guys want to go as far as making a list of what requires resources and how many it requires?

I mean, if we work out a good system for trades and such this could go really smoothly. But it depends on how much of this you want to be... organized.

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
Thanks. :D
For my race I'm probably going to pick something unoriginal like Elves. Elves are cool... Is that taken? Does it matter if it's taken?
Not taken yet. No races are taken yet lol. I'll probably do a race of elves too.... maybe. I would probably do aquatic elves.

So, I was thinking as a means of resource abundance and trades, we would use a non-numerical system.

Ex:

Rich
Bountiful
Abundant
Fair
Average
Mild
Low
Deprived
Absent

Each level has 10 tiers. So we would write it as "Average 8" meaning you have 8 "units" to trade. That way we don't need real numbers, but we have a general idea of how things work, with some lee-way in the tiers to make sure you don't do one trade and end up going from fair to average (though this is possible from "fair 1" to "average 10"

Do you guys want to go as far as making a list of what requires resources and how many it requires?

I mean, if we work out a good system for trades and such this could go really smoothly. But it depends on how much of this you want to be... organized.
I think a list would work, since will I would like to know if I trade something for something else I know who to trade with and who not to trade with.

I know what I want a race of psychic beings that use Alchemy and stuff like that. But a colorful and nice bunch not some evil rulers xD

• Love
Well, for THOSE kinds of rates, that's for each nation to decide. Each nation must set their own trade rules.

I was thinking more along the lines of me making a list of resource depletion and gain.

EX:

A large nation with a high population consumes 2 units of food per IC month (RL week) If that nation is a farming nation, or has like, lots of fish or some other feeding resource, then they gain 4 units each IC month.

You know?
Some means of calculating the costs and gains of things.

I'd assign a number from 1-10 for each resource available on each plot on the map. That number would say how many resources are gained from that location each IC Months.

Would that be beneficial?

Status
Not open for further replies.