Kingdom Creatures

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
>> Aaron
B

riefly glancing towards the board to move another piece of his side, Aaron thought on the subject of treason a bit more. Being hanged was usually a public event, and rather annoying to watch. Especially when it was for a stupid reason, such as a few words. He looked up at Claire, a lazy, carefree smile placed upon his face. Though his eyes would betray annoyance towards the fact in which he knew was true. "Sure, we might have an army made of trained men as well, and they might be more skilled but smaller, too. But, if we think about this rationally, which one would win? Having a large army of trained knights, or having a smaller one of more skilled knights? In this case, it's rather having to depend on the situation, and their plan of action." He turned to the board, moving his piece in an obvious lazy way, hardly any thought put into the move whatsoever. Turning back to her, he continued. "Had I said the opposite of all that, it would be false and thus inaccurate. If people would like to consider it treason, let them. It bothers me as much as the sun coming up everyday does. The rules in these times are hardly just, and rather irritating, either way. It wouldn't change a thing for someone like me to be put to death, as you know. They would just find another little boy to be the messenger. Maybe better than I, anyhow. As for whether I believe it's fair, I do not." He sighed, disappointed in thinking of the rules.

He stood up, turning towards Claire. "The castle has a rather dark mood, do you not agree?" He held a soft smile on his face. "I'm going out for a walk, if you would like to accompany me? Unless, of course, you're too busy?" He turned to the chessboard, having set it up with his King being open. Sometimes the pawns really weren't any good.

Rielo's body moved a bit when Raiden hit him but Rielo didn't care, He new he barged in and deserved it. As for what his mission was he continued out giving the note to the Queen and telling her of the supposed moving troops of the king. Rielo bowed and exited he noticed the Nev and Raiden standing there, Rielo looked at Raiden and nodded making his ways down the steps. He walked out into the Gardens were he sat down under the tree were he usually sat, He pulled on one of his ear letting it hang down over one of his eyes. He laughed Rielo was a fool as usual but a sneaky fool he was, He sniffed the air picking up on one of his nearby stealth troops. He sighed knowing they would probably have information but he was to lazy to deliver it so he awaited his news.

Raiden's move lightened up when he saw his pistols. "Thanks man," he said before taking the guns and spinning like he always had before an assassination, or before putting them back in their holsters. "I really appreciate it man." Raiden sat down on the went back into his leaning formation and continued to smoke his cigarette. He nodded at Nev with a small smile once more before closing his eyes and thinking. It's something he did a lot when he smoked.

Charlette sighs. "Raiden! You can come back in i-if you w-want of course!"

Claire shook her head. "You are a fool, Aaron." She stood up, smoothing her dress. "Tactics and skill win over numbers, if the tactics and skill are used properly. It is a completely different game than just throwing soldiers to their deaths. And you're right. No one here would be too horribly put-out if you were hung for treason." She reached up, starting to tuck her red hair back under her scarf in the places where it was poking out.

She glanced over to the empty throne, then back at the messenger boy. "You need to learn your place and how to respect those above you." Being the Queen's personal maid, she did pretty much have rank over all of the other servants in the castle...but that was it. The queen could think her a simple errand runner or tea-fetcher who couldn't do simple math or read all she wanted, but Claire was much different. Not in title, per say, but in personality. She knew when she had to feign submission and when she could throw her weight around.

"I suppose I have the time for a walk in the gardens, though."

Rielo stood up from the ground, his human butt was hurting. He then began to change into his giant dire wolf form. His paws touching down, and his midnight black fur growing out. His clipped ear perked up from hanging over his eye, His purple eyes scanning the garden not seeing anyone nearby. He took off in a run his large wolf body running in circles and doing different patterns, he was leaping and rolling and snapping at thin air. He was practicing some of his wolf combat that he probably wouldn't use unless confronted by another animal. His large midnight black and white bottom fur flowed in the wind as he howled up into the air with joy, he was happy that he was able to be free in a time like this. But he was tiring out and slid onto the floor rolling and landing on his belly, his paws outwards his tongue hanging from his mouth as he placed his head to the floor.

Raiden heard her say he could come back in. The door flew open and Raiden stood at the threshold. He walked in and closed the door behind him. He stepped over Rielo, and smiled at him a little. "Hey man. You forgive me for being rude and all right? I'm not one for saying sorry...you know this." he patted him on the head then walked back over to the bed that the queen was now sitting up completely in. "Um...h-hello my queen."

Charlette blushes. "So anyways about that other man that I said I liked to the king........ I-I was talking about you. I love you Raiden." That took the most courage in her whole intire life to say that. Her face was redder than her dress.

Raiden was speechless. His heart was about to pop out of his chest. "I-I um....uh...." Raiden didn't know what to say at all. He was only hoping the queen was attracted to him, but hearing her say she loved him took the breath out of him in more ways than one. Raiden gulped and kept making weird nervous sounds that weren't exactly normal. ​She....loves me!?

Charlette blush went away and she frowned. "A-are you ok Riden? You seem upset." Her heart dropped. 'He doesn't love me back? Not even like? I was such a fool to think he would!' She yells at herself in her head.

After a long while Raiden finally got the words out. "I-I love you too...I have s-since the day I met you...since the day you made me knight..." Raiden pulled her into a loving hug. "I'm not letting go of you..."

>> Aaron
N

ot feeling like adding anything, Aaron just began to walk towards the direction to get outside. It truly was stuffy in there. "I guess I should, shouldn't I?" he murmured to himself, slightly frowning. Sure, he knew that he should have learned some respect for people that were better than himself, but he didn't feel it necessary to give them more than himself. What fairness was that? If someone such as the Queen couldn't hold up an army, and keep her citizens safe, what good would she be if getting stuck in a war? Switching the Queen could have been better. As for what he thought, it was highly traitorous, he knew. He couldn't say that he would never betray the Queen. He really couldn't. If anything, he disliked the Queen. Not her subjects, and not the other people in the court, but just the Queen herself. It's how he felt, even if he wouldn't show it. He admitted, to himself, he was afraid of dying. Or of being killed, or other petty things. He didn't want to die, or get killed. He knew that naturally dying was going to happen, and that he was fine with. But, being killed, or murdered... He couldn't think about it for long, lest he get a major headache, and probably turn his stomach inside out. Partially, that's why he wanted to get outside. To make the thoughts go away.

He had soon remembered that he had invited Claire along with him, thus snapping out of his revere. He hardly ever invited anyone to come with him anywhere. It was rather awkward, if anything, with the silence. He had never disliked company, but more that he never had company. He began to shorten his strides, and speed that he was walking at. "Why...?" He asked out loud, not completing the thought. Luckily it was more of a murmur, again. "I wonder... I wonder why...? If..." He turned to her, still walking. "Just curious, but..." he paused, unsure what he was really asking. Too rude, maybe. "...please disregard that."

Rielo laid there in the garden his large dire wolf body in the middle of it, just laying there relaxing and absorbing some of the rays with his fur. He enjoyed bright days like this when he had nothing to do or the queen hadn't told him to do anything.. at least he didn't think she did. he heard footsteps outside but he ignored them thinking that it was one of the guards or other subjects.

During al this, Nev had returned to his own chambers and sat there meditating, listening in on everything going on. He knew everything. What has happened, what was happening, what was to come. And so he sat, and sorted through the thoughts of his colleagues. He knew everything, and spoke not a word, as knowing the future could be dangerous. He was a neutralist. He claimed loyal to the queen, but, in the end, he was for the side that would keep him alive. Before he was apprenticed, he was a rouge, a boy on the street. He has had to stab his closest friends in the back to ensure his survival. He would do it again, if necessary. He only cared about staying alive.

And so he sat, sorting the thoughts of his colleagues. Pawns in his own game of chess...

Claire kept to her own thoughts as well as they walked. Surely the queen wouldn't let them down. She hadn't in the past. Though, they also hadn't gone to war in the past. The thought made her a bit uneasy but she tried not to show it.

When her company spoke up, she turned to look at him. "Why what? You can't just say something like that and then tell me to disregard it..." Claire had a horrible sense of curiosity. It sprung from the fact she was actually a cat. The scarf she wore on her head hid her ears and her long skirts hid her tail, but she was a cat. An orange tabby, which was why she had such unruly hair. "You wonder if what?"

She looked around, landing her eyes on the large dire wolf in the middle of the gardens. Rielo made her just as uneasy as the mage did. Probably because they were both canine. Though, the mage could read thoughts and Rielo was a master at stealth. As much as the maid enjoyed eavesdropping, she did hate being eavesdropped on, especially if someone was listening to her thoughts, or listening from somewhere she would never be able to see them.

>> Aaron
A

ny trace of what he was going to say had diminished. He would have said it then, had he not caught his tongue. And thank whoever for that. Still rather thoughtful to one of her previous comments, he replied, his voice rather detached. "I apologize for grabbing you curiosity. I seem to be talking out of term." His eyes wandered from the scene in front of him, to her, then to the wolf. He frowned, not wanting any other idiotic thoughts to slip. His usual grin reappeared, covering his frown. A mask, if you would. Maybe due to insecurity, or something else? He turned to Claire, about to say something else before changing his mind once more. He ignored Rielo after the second glance at the wolf, not bothering to want to socialize with him. He continued walking, passing by the large wolf with no more than a slight exhale of air.

"Hey, Rielo! Being lazy again?" He questioned in his normal, clipped voice. (He seemed unable to ignore the large beast.) The smile he usually wore around others was never present by Rielo, simply due to his distaste for smiling around the wolf man. He took a seat on a large rock, casually watching the wolf and Claire. He had to admit that he was grateful for the distraction.

Claire sighed and shook his hand, thinking Aaron to be nothing more than a feeble minded messenger boy. She skirted around the wolf to sit on a bench, smoothing her skirts around herself. She sighed and leaned back, happy in the warm sun. She tilted over until she was lying down on her side on the bench, curled up in the warm, inviting sun. She purred softly, something she really couldn't stop herself from doing. She was a cat, after all.

Rielo's head perked up as he saw Claire enter his sight, the dire wolf laid his head back down in the grass and closed his eyes. He seemed to have been dulled out for some reason, his mood completely changed. He was deep in thought about what his whole side was, he was somewhat and outcast his whole life. Fighting for what he wanted, he didn't know if he wanted to fight...because of love. He shook his head and scanned the garden once more.

Charlette hugs back tightly. "I loved you since I first set my eyes on you. That day I made you knight was so special to me. I was sweating so bad that if my hand slipped I could of killed you which made me even more nervous." She lets out a little laugh.

Raiden chuckled. "Well that would've sucked huh?" Raiden pulled away and kissed the queens cheek. He took her hands protected them with his. "I didn't think you felt this way about me. I had no idea..."