Jiyuu Online [Sign up/OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boss will be the Alpha or can be said Lair's boss.. not yet created but soon maybe. just waiting for the GM order..

don't worry they are weak.. just one shot from your rail gun and they are gone for good... :) maybe you need to join a party or take a detour which take a longer time to reached the town.

How about having a giant Mother Wolf in the end of the den, as a proper "boss" creature.

Well with the power of group we can make thread specially for beastiary and some sort extra stuff

Oh my gawd... the first day and we already fighting lair's boss... what a bad luck kagami has.. :(

@Greedy Donuts Fine with me... just tag me and i will came along

Reactions: GreenSea
sure" just lemme make it in a sec after I do something

don't worry they are weak.. just one shot from your rail gun and they are gone for good... :) maybe you need to join a party or take a detour which take a longer time to reached the town.
Rail gun is a skill for bosses not for trash mobs :D btw how much time has passed IC since you guys started it?

in the real days it took about 3 or 4 days. but in the IC it's already 13 days but we are now flash backing to just after the game launched. telling the story when our party met the first time.

Are we? I thought we were starting on the 13th day as noobs :P

as for the bosses or mobs I was thinking if it is possible that they are not too intimidating because we are not in a high lvl area so yeah >_>

Or, they're REALLY intimidating, but pretty weak if you're in a group, as a way of encouraging the multiplayer aspect of MMOs. A lot of MMOs do that early on to force people into becoming dependent on parties and guilds.

Or, they're REALLY intimidating, but pretty weak if you're in a group, as a way of encouraging the multiplayer aspect of MMOs. A lot of MMOs do that early on to force people into becoming dependent on parties and guilds.
isn't that kinda like killing the growing stronger feeling? becuase if we are killing a boss that looks like from an end content or a high lvl dungeons but weak then it kinda like meh since we can't look back and said oh I/we used to have a hard time killing these small fry, since this RP emphasize the becoming stronger factor but well that's just me >_> although I'm not saying we should post a comically looking boss... >_> sorry for being nit-picky :(

Well, if I were playing a game, and the only thing they could throw at me was a few wolves and maybe a slightly bigger wolf, then unless there was an AWESOME mechanic in the game, I'd just stop playing it. The first boss always needs to be dramatic, so you get a big feeling of achievement when you defeat it, then after that as long as they get progressively stronger, and as long as they all look dramatic, it doesn't matter much. The most important bosses are the first the second and the last, and those are the ones that need the most work put into them.

So what the most important thing on bosses? The Impact of their appearance or their Attribute?

definitely impact. If they look colossal and epic and you manage to take them down you feel really powerful, but if they're pretty meager looking, but strong, then they just feel tedious to kill. And they have to have weak points you can exploit too. That's where skyrim went wrong. Almost all their bosses were either human size or miniature dragon size, and the loot system was just a repetitive drop calculation. Even when you pick up that legendary sword, it's still just pressing E when you hover over it in an inventory.

Then How about this

Godlike-Monster-Art-Wolf.jpg

Or This?

640x548_960_Fenrir_vs_Vidar_2d_fantasy_monster_warrior_wolf_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Or Maybe something like this

1021x500_564_The_Big_Bad_Wolf_2d_fantasy_forest_kid_wolf_child_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

definitely impact. If they look colossal and epic and you manage to take them down you feel really powerful, but if they're pretty meager looking, but strong, then they just feel tedious to kill. And they have to have weak points you can exploit too. That's where skyrim went wrong. Almost all their bosses were either human size or miniature dragon size, and the loot system was just a repetitive drop calculation. Even when you pick up that legendary sword, it's still just pressing E when you hover over it in an inventory.
that's what I'm about to ask next :D about the weak points

Well, if I were playing a game, and the only thing they could throw at me was a few wolves and maybe a slightly bigger wolf, then unless there was an AWESOME mechanic in the game, I'd just stop playing it. The first boss always needs to be dramatic, so you get a big feeling of achievement when you defeat it, then after that as long as they get progressively stronger, and as long as they all look dramatic, it doesn't matter much. The most important bosses are the first the second and the last, and those are the ones that need the most work put into them.
ah I see now....... you are talking about the story impact if that's the case I kinda I agree first boss needs to be kinda dramatic but will not over shadow the stronger bosses. I was thinking about mechanics wise but yeah I understand

Status
Not open for further replies.