ƿѧɲԀօяѧ'ʂ ۷ıʟʟѧɢɛ

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Aroura shook her head, "And people are scared of us. At least we're usually...humane." She was busy pulling a needle through skin, trying to close the deep wound. They had already wrapped up everything else. When she finished she cleaned it a last time before covering it. "When he comes to he's gonna be in a lot of pain." She let out a long heavy sigh. Exhausted, and hungry, the day had been long, and the night would be longer. "I saw that guardian when I was out. She didn't recognize me but was pretty up front about her position."

Adrian sighed. "Guardians are stupid like that." His eyes then flashed at the realization of the opportunity. "Did she give out any information?" He quickly snapped his head around to look at her. Alex turned Akon onto his side and fixed him so it wouldn't hurt as badly when he awoke. He sat back and glanced over at Aurora also.

"There are multiple pairs of them and their human buddies in each village just to hunt us. Call themselves 'protectors' or something pretentious like that." Aurora cracked her knuckles. "You ought to cut your hair. It's too easy to grab onto. Could cost you your head next time you're in a fight."

Finishing up with Ulrik, Ayame nodded satisfied. She opened up a hidden door that lead to a basement that was made of pure steel. The walls were lined with guns, ammo, explosives, and just about every kind of weapon you can think of, even swords. And just in case, it had two beds if they needed to hide out for a while. There was even a compartment of dehydrated(sc) food that would last them for a year or so. She started to examine their armory and thought about what she'd use the next time they went out.

Adrian ran his hand through his hair. "If you're talking about a flat top, no way. Alex can dodge it with super speed and I'm good with those kinds of things. The only one who might have problems is Akon since he has the longest hair and doesn't know how to look at his surroundings, but we can teach him that." Adrian took two sidearms from his belt and layed them down. "By the way, we got these weapons from those 'protectors'. In case of emergencies, ya know?"

Ayame picked up a handgun and loaded it then pulled back the slide loading a bullet in the chamber. She stuffed it into the waist of her pants and then walked out, closing and locking the door and re-hiding it. She sat in a chair by Ulrik and put on her reading glasses then started to read a book, waiting for Ulrik to heal.

Aurora picked up one of them awkwardly, "There never was much chance to learn how to use these in New York." Guns have her an uneasy feeling. Maybe that's what she was sensing when they first arrived at the hills. Guns. They probably had played a part in her human life. She ran a hand through her own hair, "I'd still trim my hair if I were you.....Once I was in a fight with another demon and he grabbed my hair and slowly stuck his dagger through my cheek." Just the thought of it made her wince. It was demons like those she looked up to, and aspired to be. Because they scared her, and thoughts of them tortured her. "Have you three always wandered on your own?"

For once, Alex answered. "Yeah. You're actually the first person we paired up with that wasn't a well known friend from when we were first awaken." Adrian shot him look, and Alex immediately looked away. You knew what it meant. He didn't want to show any weaknesses to Aurora, so when they broke up and ever had to fight each other, she wouldn't have any upper hands.

Aurora saw the tension between brothers, but she continued to ask questions. "How long have you been up and about?" She had sat down and the ground right by Akon, watching him breathe. "When did you get here?" She made sure to make eye contact when she spoke. Humans always told her that her big green eyes were pretty, which meant very little. At least it helped her go unnoticed, unlike demons with eyes in shades of red.

Adrian looked to her. "We have only been awake for 20 years. Pretty young for demons. And we got to this island only about 3 days ago, counting today." Adrian looked back at Akon. "Kind of sad. He's the only one who doesn't remember the time he awoken. For some reason our master, Slain, erased his memory completely. Maybe because he knew it would give him trauma."

Aurora's hand flinched, because she wanted to reach out to Akon and comfort him. But she controlled herself. She already had an unhealthy attachment to him and she didn't want to prove that to Adrian and Alex. Akon was more troubled than his brothers and her. She noticed it in his conscience how he seemed to almost feel bad about being inherently bad. "I've been around just a few years less than you. Though I was awoken once before, but it didn't last long. I used to live with this big cult of demons...but when I heard about this place a week ago I left right away. You said something about a master?"

Alex and Adrian looked away with anger, muttering the same word. "Slain." Alex looked over and started to growl, but continued. "Slain is the one who awoke us. He was first just going to eat Akon when he was human, but-" he looked and Adrian nodded for him to continue. "But we woke up and went into his room and we offered for all of us to become his assistants if he didn't kill Akon." A tear appeared in Adrian's eye but he flicked it away without hesitation. "The bastard turned us more into his slaves then his assistants. We finally escaped in the middle of the night and heard of this place." Adrian completed.

Ulrik slowly opened his eyes and groaned abit. Ayame looked over. "Finally awake huh?" She said softly. "Yeah.." He replied quickly. "Well. Ready for the pods?" He sat up slowly. "Better late than never." Ayame nodded helped him out of bed. She pulled the hidden door up and then unlocked the steel door. She helped Ulrik down into the armory. After that she closed the steel door and then the hidden door from the inside and locked both. She walked down and pulled a bed up, revealing a device that looked similar to a tanning bed. She helped him into his and pressed a button on the inside of the bed and the top closed the top and sealed it tightly. Ayame climbed into hers and did the same, being sealed inside her bed. She closed her eyes and quickly fell unconcious while the machine went to work.

Aurora stuck up her thumb, pinkie, and pointer, in classic rock style and said, "Anarchy in UK." She hoped her music reference wouldn't go over their heads. With her cult they spent plenty of time blasting punk music from all eras so loud until the speakers burst and the neighbors threatened to call the cops. She felt a pang of pity for all of them. Aurora didn't have the companionship of siblings, and couldn't fully understand what they had gone through. But she felt bad. Aurora moved to sit next to Adrian, seeing his tear. She put her hand on his back, and leaned her head in toward his, touching her cheek to his but not kissing him. "I'm sorry. " She waited a moment before speaking, "I was awakened into the cult. It was a big ceremony for them, praising the gods and what not. They brought me too and treated me like a queen before training me hard. But once that was over....The thing about them is everyone had a job and was supposed to play a role. And there were rules. If you didn't do your part well enough of broke a rule. You were punished far more severely than you deserved..." A shiver ran down her spine, but she kept talking, "I had hooks," Again she paused, feeling nauseous. "I had hooks pierced through my back, and hands, and feet, and they hung me before beating and burning-" She choked up. Her words refused to come out because they knew they would reduce her to tears. The thing about demons, is they can handle torcher from hunters and guardians, but torcher from other demons was unbearable. Their own kind knew how to break them.

Adrian looked at her, and stroked her hair gently. He was like Akon this way, he didn't know how to really comfort a girl, unless they were human and he was trying to calm them before taking their life. "It's alright. All of us had been through pain. Slain...is a chaos demon, so he was extremely rough and careless yet strict. You could imagine how he might be." He looked at his own punishments and winced, as if he could feel the whips and knives and everything else right now. He gulped and shook his head, remembering he was trying to calm her. "But, it's over now, and we can start new...the reason..the reason we won't cut out hair is because Slain marked our necks so he could track us. But as long as its covered, he can't, so we grew out our hair." He felt easier telling her this part. She couldn't use this to harm them, really.

Aurora very much wanted to cry. She wanted to sob and have Akon hold her so she could cry more. But she couldn't do that. So she forced herself to bite her tongue and not act like a little girl. Quietly, she touched the back of Adrian's neck, feeling what he spoke of. Without knowing it she made a small noise of discomfort. She had her own markings, but not with the same purpose. Out of modesty the brothers probably hadn't seen the nature of her body in the river. Pale with paler scars. All over. Nearly every inch. She lack smooth skin. "I think the sun is going down..." She turned her attention to Alex, trying to see his emotions.

A few hours later the beds opened as their timers ended. Ayame sat up slowly and shook her head. She climbed out and walked over to Ulrik. His wounds and healed up into scars. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at her. "Feeling better?" Ayame asked softly. "Much." The pods were advanced healing systems that made wounds that would normally take a week heal in about an hour. But some only scratches and cuts. Not deep lacerations or stabs and it can't bring the dead to life.

He sat up and climbed out. He stretched abit and started to put on new gear. Ayame did the same and looked through their armory. She grabbed another sniper rifle, this time semi-automatic and an automatic pistol which she holstered in a holster that was on her side. She grabbed a dagger and stuffed it in a sheathe in her belt as well as a small knife in her boot. Ulrik took a shotgun and put it in a scabbard on his back and stuffed a small handgun on his belt and a bowie knife in a sheathe in the back of his waist. He then finished off with a machine gun with two belts of ammo criss crossing on his chest and a box of ammo in a pouch.

"Ready?" Ayame asked and looked at Ulrik. "I'm ready." He nodded at Ayame and walked out. Ayame closed the pods and walked out. She closed the hatch and walked out the door. They walked by the house the four demons were in without knowing it, dirt crunching beneath their feet. "Wait." Ayame said stopping just outside the house.

Alex was listening to the conversation, though he didn't really seem to be listening to the words. He was too busy wondering about things. Akon. Food. And now, he had to be reminded of Slain. The man he tried to put out of his head. The one they were running from. He remained silent, his face straight, now showing his sadness. Adrian moved her hand away, it slightly hurt when the mark was touched. It was some strange symbol, not any demon knew except Slain. Maybe that was why he used it to mark his "assistants". Adrian looked up at the sun setting, then down at Akon. He had shifted and tried to sit up but let out something that sounded like a cross between a moan and a simple "ow", before lying back down, his body tensed.

Aurora flinched. That sick feeling she'd felt back by the hills were back. And this time she knew what it meant. Guns. She allowed herself half a second to panic before constructing a plan. In a whisper she said, "Those protectors that tried to kill us earlier are outside. I don't know how but...Alex, grab a gun and take Akon out the back get as far away from here as possible. And put the other gun in a drawer! Be quiet and get out of here now!" She looked back to Adrian, "I know you're not going to like this but I know they're going to come in here, and you're just going to have to play along. They've managed to heal themselves faster than we have so we just have to hope they don't see through us...or pity us or something." Hearing them outside made her heart pound. Before Adrian could say anything she removed the belt on her dress and threw it aside, and began to unbutton his shirt. The horrible sick feeling grew stronger and she knew those two were right outside. She begged in her head that they just keep going, but she knew they wouldn't. They'd check just in case. So she kissed Adrian once, and paused. Before kissing him again. Her idea was to make the two of them look like a pair of lustful teenagers, making out in an abandon house. "Trust me," Aurora whispered.

Alex immediately grabbed the two guns and grabbed Akon up. He sped out the door and out the back of the house in a split second, until finally stopping somewhere off in a hiding place so they couldn't find them. He kept one arm around Akon and the other was holding the gun, finger on the trigger.

Adrian looked at Aurora, at first completely confused at her plan, but when she started to unbutton his shirt he looked extremely surprised. "What are you doing?!" He kept his voice to a whisper, but when he heard her answer, his only option was to trust her. So he gently grabbed her waist and started to kiss her back, just playing along.