Iwaku Ratings (and Discord roleplays)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I feel like a lot of the misuse of the "hug" rating would be fixed by changing it to an actual hug. Which, with the new emoji images now in place (thank you), should be easy enough.

The facehugger being the icon really was confusing, but it also gave off a sort of message that the rating wasn't actually serious - a sort of passive acceptance that it was a troll rating... Because why else would you even have a killer alien as the icon?
Honestly the reason I thought the hug rating was legit is because I kept forgetting it was a facehugger (it always looked a little bit more like a jumping cat to me).

EDIT:
suggestions for hug emoji
Heart with the hands looks good but all the ones on this page are nice and match ok.
[Or a teddy bear as Nemo suggested later in the thread]

EDIT2:
Suggestions for the "Nice execution" emoji
[spoili]
Love Letter Emoji
Fireworks Emoji
Firework Sparkler Emoji
Fire Emoji
⚖️ Woman Judge Emoji the facebook one specifically
Alternatively you could move the star to "execution" and give "thank" a medal emoji (more similar to how it was previously).
Or give the "execution" emoji a medal, I guess they're interchangeable.

You could give a small edit to memo emoji, by slapping a small heart or 100 or green checkmark on it or something to represent "nice execution." That'd be my preference.
[/spoili]

Last edited:
Reactions: Neobullseye
Ooooooh the 'thank' emoji is a star now. I approve of this MOST highly.

I feel like a lot of the misuse of the "hug" rating would be fixed by changing it to an actual hug. Which, with the new emoji images now in place (thank you), should be easy enough.

The facehugger being the icon really was confusing, but it also gave off a sort of message that the rating wasn't actually serious - a sort of passive acceptance that it was a troll rating... Because why else would you even have a killer alien as the icon?
Honestly the only reaosn I ever thought the hug ating was legit is because I kept forgetting it was a facehugger (it always looked a little bit more like a jumping cat to me)
Maybe we could replace the face hugger with a teddy bear! The Discord emojis has a huggable bear icon, I recall. :D

Something about their flat, simple and soft look is appealing :"D

I stand with @IntrusivePenDesperateSword

We demand a dab emoji.

dab_emoji.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Boo for the lack of the hug rating.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think the hug rating is better for more situations and more sympathetic than the T_T rating is/would be.
Just skimming through the thread, and I have to say that I agree with this a lot. The "You need a hug" is more sympathetic feeling than the TT_TT seems to be. At least to me.

Then again, maybe that's because I've never seen anyone use TT_TT when referring to someone else without it coming off as joking/mocking while the "You need a hug" label was more of a "Yeah, I feel for you".

Maybe that's me, but I'd rather get the xenomorph sent after me than that sobbing emote for anything that I say.
I will miss the cookie thing, too. Since that was a nice way to say someone did good, even when it wasn't something particularly useful for the one posting the rating.

The ROFL rating is an improvement, at least for me, but... The rest of it is kind of disappointing, I guess?

One PSA, to remind people of the meanings, is just a lot less intense
I think the people who'd get confused are also the people who don't read the PSA's. Before joining staff I myself would only skim them at best because they weren't directly related to my RPs (generally)

Edit: well less PSA and more resources, but psas don't work for new members who join after the psa

• Thank You
Reactions: Joan and Nemopedia
I like the new ratings, but then again I am a filthy discord meme crab

I also rarely use ratings

however I would like to say I thought the like was a middle finger at first glance and was simultaneously very happy and confused about it.

now appease the OCD gods and get rid of the nice execution artstyle outlier

I'm having a hard time seeing the new ratings against the lighter color backgrounds.

PLEASE KEEP NICE EXECUTION IT IS MY FAVE. I WILL PERSONALLY FIND A MATCHING STYLE REPLACEMENT IF I MUST OR EVEN MAKE ONE. ToT

That aside, the new set is nice. I'm a little sad to see the cookies and facehugger go, but then, I like the idea of a wide assortment to choose from. Just like picking words writing, picking the right reaction tone is heavily important!

On that note, can rofl actually be tilted? Right now, it's not rofl, it's lol. :o

a8fc44fdb07e26cf994055376a719540.svg
HOLY FUCK THAT IS HUGE

Why is everything changed noooo

My drunk rating is gone!

So is my cookie!

....at least Nice Execution is still around?? Please let it stay??

PLEASE KEEP NICE EXECUTION IT IS MY FAVE. I WILL PERSONALLY FIND A MATCHING STYLE REPLACEMENT IF I MUST OR EVEN MAKE ONE. ToT

That aside, the new set is nice. I'm a little sad to see the cookies and facehugger go, but then, I like the idea of a wide assortment to choose from. Just like picking words writing, picking the right reaction tone is heavily important!

On that note, can rofl actually be tilted? Right now, it's not rofl, it's lol. :o

HOLY FUCK THAT IS HUGE

OOOH. JUST IN TIME FOR ME TO COME HOME FOR ANOTHER ROUND OF HUGE RATINGS.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan

HOLY FUCK THAT IS HUGE
yes I agree on nice execution please let it stay

The simple fact is is that the five most important ratings are still here.

Thank
Useful
sarcastic!Thank, for when people roast you
And sarcastic!Useful, for when people shitpost in an otherwise on-topic, semi-serious thread. Like this, for instance.

Every other rating is extraneous and should be culled immediately

The simple fact is is that the five most important ratings are still here.
What about sarcastic!Rainbow, for happy posts that are oblivious to the tone of the rest of the discussion?

are we the reason nice things go away

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
Alright, so my finds thus far for "Nice Execution" include these:

skull-and-crossbones_2620.png

9VXeS42.png

skull_1f480.png

coffin_26b0.png

And some more that I found while looking, just cuz they looked like they could be fun:
307237898699407360.png
"That's Hot"
White_Flag_-_Flirtmoji.png
"I Give"
Shit_On_My_Heart_-_Flirtmoji.png
"You Shat On My Heart!"
Lasso_-_Flirtmoji.png
"I Want That"
Healing_Heart_-_Flirtmoji.png
"My Heart Hurts"
heybby.png
"Oh Baby"
313862476787875840.png
"RIP Me"
y9j8i154cxty.png
"Finger Guns"

I LEARNED HOW TO DO CODING TO GET THOSE IMAGES TO A HEALTHY ISH SIZE FOR YOU GUYS. BECAUSE I LOVE YOU.

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Joan and Nemopedia
@The Mood is Write

Wow I can see my opinion of what "nice execution" should be used for was waaaaaaaaay different (mine was about writing ability and mostly geared toward rp posts) XD

My suggestions were:[spoili][from my previous post]

Suggestions for the "Nice execution" emoji
Love Letter Emoji
Fireworks Emoji
Firework Sparkler Emoji
Fire Emoji
⚖️ Woman Judge Emoji the facebook one specifically
Alternatively you could move the star to "execution" and give "thank" a medal emoji (more similar to how it was previously).
Or give the "execution" emoji a medal, I guess they're interchangeable.

You could give a small edit to memo emoji, by slapping a small heart or 100 or green checkmark on it or something to represent "nice execution." That'd be my preference.

--------
suggestions for hug emoji
Heart with the hands looks good but all the ones on this page are nice and match ok.
[Or a teddy bear as Nemo suggested later in the thread]
[/spoili]

• Thank You
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Reactions: Red Thunder