Ivy

Ethan's emotions stirred once Ivy grabbed his hand, pressing it to the side of her breast, and all too soon the moment was over, her voice murmuring a soft 'sorry'. What could she possibly be sorry for? Ethan didn't care to find out though, the fervent urge to convince her he was attracted to her in that way overwhelming any and all inhibitions he may have had to be a gentleman in that situation. She had practically planted the seed, and Ethan refused to ignore the blood excitedly rushing through his veins.

In spite of her moving his hand away, he carefully slid it back on her breast, squeezing it softly as he fondled the nipple. "Don't be," he murmured gruffly before cupping her jaw easily and pressing their lips together in a hot passion. Ethan moaned softly, the soft skin there tasting faintly of honey, a heaven-like sensation he could hardly describe overwhelming him. They were both facing each other, Ethan moving his mouth briefly away from hers before drawing it down her neck and sucking on the skin there. He heard a surprised gasp leave her throat, which caused him to lift his head.

"Am I hurting you?" he inquired, although his touches were far from rough.
"N-No," she murmured. "I've just never felt this before."

Ethan ran his thumb along her upper neck, allowing his lips to descend to her collar bone, nibbling at each piece of skin he could touch, free hand returning to her breast. He was surprised with how much he just wanted to get close to her, and feel that familiar surge of energy shoot through his veins once more, when they were kids and had shared their first kiss. Every bit of her was absolutely beautiful, but Ethan kept in mind to not go too far without her permission.

"Does it feel good?" he murmured, dropping to the space between her breasts, his lips grazing over her heated skin.
Never in his life would he have believed they would do something like this – but the wild excitement of doing something they both knew would cause massive consequences, only impelled more frequency in his movements.

Ethan tasted like musk and man, wood and pine. His lips were hot on top of hers and she was sure that kissing hadn't been like this when they were children; then, things had been purely innocent and never very long lasting. It was clear that Ethan had gained some experience since then, perfecting the art of kissing hers. Still, though, his movements were familiar; always gentle, never pressing, and his mouth almost sucking the sweetness out of her.
Ivy wondered if she tasted as good to him as he did to her.
With his hands trailing elsewhere, soon followed by his lips, Ivy's mind was soon erased. Surely this was what the humans felt when they had "sex"; her entire body was on fire, and suddenly the heat was develling lower on her body. This must have been it; or the start of it, at least. The pleasure was immense, and a need bloomed, overwhelming the young woman all at once.
It almost felt like an inch that she couldn't stratch, or rather, she didn't know how to. And she was more surprised that she had never felt anything like it before. No being had never touched her in this way - and it made her wonder why. Why did a passion so strong be ignored by the fae? She didn't know what she was feeling, but from the noises leaving her throat, she knew it was something magical.

"It... it...," she breathed, suddenly losing sight of where Ethan's lips were headed, his hot breath all over, "it feels... wonderful."

Finally she found his mouth on her belly button, trailing around and then up again to her breasts. His mouth was hot against her sheened skin, and Ivy squirmed underneath him. The heat continued to ball in between her lips, causing her to bite her lip in surprise, pleasure and agony.
"Ethan..." she whispered, leaning up on her elbows, confusion and hurt in her eyes.

Ethan paused once she murmured his name, wondering if he had hurt her in some way. "Yes?" he breathed, still flustered.
"I... I..." she whimpered, drawing her ankles together, "it... it... hurts? I can't... I don't... get it..."
He had tried to be as gentle as possible, but realized her body was hardly used to touching that was entirely sexual. "You're probably still tender," he murmured, body still in between her legs as he reached up to kiss her jaw line. "It takes getting used to."
Ivy brushed some hair from her eyes, "it... it... is it normal?"
"Yes," he responded with a tiny smile. "But if it hurts more, just tell me to stop." The last thing he wanted to do was hurt Ivy in an attempt to pleasure her.
She nodded her head solemnly, "okay."

Ethan snagged a nipple with his teeth, sucking on it softly as she gasped out again, fingers tangling with his hair. He could feel the heat gathering in his core, manhood instinctively pressing against its confines as he continued to fondle her, his moans encouraging him to continue.
He then moved his lips slowly down her stomach, towards her belly button and below, gentle spreading her thighs to press his tongue at her heated center, always careful with his movements. Ivy's back arched against the mattress, another surprised cry escaping, toes curling into the sheets.

Now Ivy could see how her father could describe the sexual acts of humans as being animalistic; she was writhing about on the mattress, causing it to squeak in protest underneath her. The pillow was misshapen, her fingers pulling at the fabric as though meant to ground her.

But as much self control as Ivy tried to grab onto, she couldn't stop... nor did she want to. Whatever Ethan was doing to her felt entirely wonderful, sending her into frenzy after frenzy of shaking and moans. There was no controlling the way she moved, his tongue and lips guiding her every movement. Occasionally his large hands would ground her against the bed, allowing him to devel deeper.
His mouth sucked and licked, pulled and nibbled to the point where Ivy felt like she was going to explode. Her limbs were aching and it felt like all the blood had rushed to that central part of her body, leaving her light headed and grappling for release.
Just as she was on the edge, she rotated her hips and drew her knees together. She panted, "oh gosh, oh no.. oh.. Ethan... please stop." Ivy didn't like being on the edge like that, unable to control when she jumped into the bundle of nerve endings, live and heated at her very core.
He pulled up. "Does it hurt?"
She shook her head hastily, "n-no, no. Not pain... just... discomfort. It's like I'm going up farther and father, and there is nothing to bring... bring me back."

"You mean an orgasm?" Ethan responded, arching his eyebrows although the tiniest of smiles pulled at his lips.
"A what?" she asked incredulously.
He snickered – it almost felt like he was teaching a sexual intercourse education class. Although Ivy's unawareness for sex somehow turned him on. Ethan felt the urge to do everything with her, just so she knew what it felt like.
"It's a release…like a rush of pleasure all at once."
She sighed softly, "it sounds... wonderful. And it just... happens?"
"No. Someone would have to…spur it on. You were close, before I stopped."
"I'm scared, Eth."
"Why?" He murmured, caressing her jaw.
Ivy bit her lip, cheeks flushing. "Have you ever felt that, before?"
"Yes," Ethan replied honestly. "It's the most incredible thing in the world." An orgasm couldn't adequately be explained to people who'd never experienced it before. It was just…carnal pleasure, delight, and wildness all wrapped together,
"It... it... I've never felt something like that, before. I can't even explain it.
"Then let me show you," he breathed, brushing his lips against hers.

She inhaled his scent and taste, "show me."

Ethan used that as his cue, pushing her thighs apart once more, before descending and leaving behind a trail of kisses.

He was so gentle that it nearly drew poor Ivy crazy. Ethan seemed to realize how wild he was driving however because everytime she attempted to raise her hips to meet his mouth and fingers, or every time she moaned, he slowed down significantly. He made it so painfully hard for her to feel that release, but Ivy, more than anything, trusted Ethan. She trusted him with her body, trusted him to bring her that wonderful pleasure in whatever way he deemed fit.
And suddenly there it was, balling up and causing the young woman to writhe about on the bed. Ethan seemed about to slow down but Ivy pressed her hips upwards, pleading, "please, Ethan. I... I... I need... I can't..."

His kisses and licks were still very gentle, but as his pace increased and his fingers tended to her, Ivy felt what he must have been unable to describe earlier. It was a tidal wave all that once, and when it crashed down on top of her, a long moan left her lips and the blood rushed to her limbs once more. Ivy's toes tingled and her breathing grew ragged, the raging release lasting for what seemed like eternity.
When it finally subsided into a wonderful, dull ache between her legs, Ivy finally exhaled. Now that was something she could surely get used (and addicted) to. It was pleasure, desire, erotic ecatasy all wrapped into one, threatening to swallow her entire being whole each time another wave hit her.

Suddenly feeling greedy, Ivy whispered groggily, "again, Ethan... p-please."
"Anything you want," he responded with another mischievious grin.
She laughed softly, "though I'm not sure if my heart can take it... that was... was... I can see why you humans love it so much." And soon he was moving up to her level, seeming to realize her exhaustion and need for rest. But his fingers still found her back as he wrapped himself around her, caressing the soft flesh and drawing small circles.

Ethan couldn't even adequately sum up how he was feeling. There was new emotions swelling in the pit of his stomach – emotions, he, at that time, was unable to explain. But for some odd reason he liked it; making Ivy moan and enjoy one of the many things that came with his world. He settled into her softly, their bodies eventually shifting into a position where Ivy was hugging his torso and he was faced on his side towards the window.

~~~

Morning came almost subsequently, the sun pouring in through the window panes as he rubbed his eyelids warily, quickly turning over to face Ivy and grinning softly.

"Are you up?" he whispered, touching her upper arm softly.
Ivy nodded her head, "kind of."
"I could get something to eat," he suggested, wondering if she was hungry.
She curled into him, "no, you stay. We'll go out together, soon."
Ethan smiled softly, pulling her closer to him and resting his jaw on the crown of her head. He couldn't care less if they ever left the little shack; being wrapped up with Ivy miles away from the world was enough solace for him – paradise, even.

"Did you sleep well?" he questioned softly, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Your scratches aren't bothering you, right?" Ethan couldn't help but feel protective.
Ivy nodded her head to the first question and then said, "they hurt, but not as badly as before."
He ran his finger down the length of one her scratches, concern still etched in his eyes. "Do you think your father will be upset? About the wings?"

Ivy at her lip; she had to admit, she didn't feel much different or any less of a fairy now that she was without her wings. That sparkling blood still coursed through her veins and she still had the sweet, mellow demeanor. Ivy knew that things would change drastically however when she tried to fly. Without her wings, she'd be unable - and it was something she had been doing since she could walk!

"Yes," she nodded her head, "but I'll explain that you probably saved me life, and had nothing to do with the fact that they had to be removed."
It still hadn't struck her that she was now wingless - for how long, she didn't know. Ivy had never known a fairy to take off their wings. Even her father, who had ventured into the human cities more than once, had just tucked them underneath a shirt close to his body. Now, however, you probably could barely tell the difference between her and a human girl.
Ethan grinned softly. "Maybe he'll like me then."
She smiled and touched his jaw, "I hope so... because I really like you, too." And not because he had brought her to the heights and back, but because he had risked his own being to save her.
"Mmm, you really like me?" He placed a hand on her lower back. "Well I really like you, too."

His touch had her on fire, and Ivy blushed as she recalled the noises she had made the previous night. Had he heard them, too? She smiled and brushed at the ends of her long hair, "and it's not just when we were kids, and we had crushes. I feel like... I don't know... we're connected. And not just because of what... what we did... earlier."

"I feel the same way," he murmured, sincerity in his voice. Ethan couldn't quite explain it, but somehow their relationship was gradually beginning to change in ways he didn't fully understand. Just the way they looked each other differently was a clear signal.
"Do you think we'd ever work out…romantically?" He questioned, after a few seconds of silence. Ethan had no idea where the question was, but curiosity had gotten the best of him.
"Romantically? Like... doing that... again?"
Ethan snickered softly. "No. I mean as in…a relationship. Like, being partners…except not being the sort of partners you have here. It's hard to explain."
"Like, mates? Like my parents were? And your parents?"
"Nah, not my parents. I don't even really know what it's like, but what your parents had – yes."
"Or your grandparents?"

At the mention of his grandparents, Ethan remembered how close they were. If there was any ideas of love instilled in his head, it had come from them. Just by the way they always seemed to make time for each other, never getting in fights, and if they did, resolving it just as quickly. When Ethan was younger, he used to dream about having something like that – some day.

"Yes, my grandparents," he responded with a nostalgic smile.

After his grandmother died, she had left it in her will to be buried by her one and only true love, and their graves were just a mile off from their house, by the creek they had shared their first kiss before.

A romantic relationship, as Ethan described it, was what Ivy had pined for her entire life. She had grown up watching her parents live in complete harmony, and even after her mother had passed she could still see the dedication her father had to the woman.
Unfortunately, her world frowned upon it; mating was simply to create offspring, not for love or happiness. It was something she had always frowned upon and she knew that she had always wanted more. Now that it was right in front of her, though, Ivy felt more unsure than ever.
"Is it even possible?" she mumbled, "we are so different, from different worlds. Surely it would never work." Ivy had never heard of a mixed specie couple, much less two there were so very different! Hell, his world didn't even know that people like Ivy existed.
"Of course it would," Ethan murmured. "Aren't we working right now? Didn't we work when we were kids?"
She smiled sadly, touching the exposed skin of his broad shoulders and muscular core. "But it only works when no one knows. Do you want to live a secret with me?"
"I wouldn't mind," he breathed. "I can't just...leave you again, Ivy. I don't want to."

Ivy found sadness wrapping around her. Back when she had envisioned this moment as a child and a teenager, she had thought she would feel much better feeling; hope, happiness, love. But now she was just apprehensive. It had been hard enough on them both to keep a secret, but now? They were adults now, and they were capable of entirely different things... Ivy had learned that quickly last night. What if someone found out their secret?

"Oh Ethan," she cried, "I don't want you to be hurt, not ever."

Of course their circumstances were a little more extreme than the regular fae or human couple, but couldn't they overcome it? If they had the capacity to somehow sneak around each summer for several years while they were younger, they could do it now – at least until they were ready to expose each other to their separate worlds.
"You'll never hurt me, Ivy," he murmured. "Why would you say that?"
She bit at her lip, "it's not like we can just... be together. We're so different, and my father would never approve, and we would always be apart."
"Don't you want to try?" She even said her father would respect him after this, and even though it wasn't necessarily an 'approval', he assumed it would be easier to convince him of the fact. Or so Ethan hoped.
"I'm afraid," Ivy whispered.

Ethan rested his forehead against hers. "Me too."

They were practically taking a chance here – throwing away all inhibitions just to see where this could go. Ethan was never the one to let his heart guide his decisions, but Ivy made him want to. He had never viewed another woman the same as he had her, and while the thought scared the shit out of him, it also exhilarated him.

If Ivy wanted to take things a step forward, Ethan was willingly on board.

Could it ever work, even if they tried with all their might to ensure that they could be together? It wasn't like it was their bond that was the problem; Ivy felt bound to Ethan in more ways than one. However, their worlds and their families were too different. She didn't belong in the human world and it had become clear that he didn't belong in hers. And there was no middle.

"I can't give you everything a human girl can, Ethan," Ivy explained sadly, "I can't have children or get married. I can't live in your house in Chicago... I can't even love you." She didn't know anything about that stuff.
"I don't care," Ethan responded solemnly. "And I'm sure everyone has the capacity for love, Ivy. Even if we're different species."
"But we just don't fit together," she replied, knowing it was partially a lie. It was more like their worlds didn't mould together; they, as she had learned, seemed to mesh so perfectly. Sometimes it was hard for her to remember their true differences.
"How don't we fit together?" he questioned, arching an eyebrow. "I think last night we fit together just fine. And...we've never had problems like that before, Ivy."

Her cheeks flushed automatically. "Our worlds are so different, Ethan. And I think after awhile it's going to hit us hard that we can never be the couple we envision in our minds."
She knew what he was envisioning, even if she had never seen a human couple in her life. Ivy did know, however, that humans like to spend their lives forever with the same mate. They lived underneath the same roof, had children together, and courted one another in an odd way that Ivy had never heard of, much less witnessed. But how well would his family take in a woman with wings on her back?

"You're overthinking things Ivy."
She planted her face into the pillow. After the night, her honey scent and his musk had overcome the dank, dingy scent of the sheets. "I am not. I'm being logical. We're so different, Ethan... even last night proved that."
"How? You were enjoying yourself and so was I."

Again, she was biting at her lip. "I don't know any of it, Ethan. And that's just the start! I don't know such a basic thing to your human existance, much less do I know how to act and live. I don't know how to interact with humans, or how to dress like you. It just doesn't work."

Ethan had no idea where all of this was coming from. How did, all of a sudden, they didn't fit together? He never considered her just a 'fairy', and he hoped to hell she never just considered him a 'human'? Of course the whole family issue was something they had to deal with, but could that seriously prevent them from trying this? It was just…too small of a hurdle to toss away a whole relationship over! And out of all the times in his life he thought he understood Ivy, Ethan couldn't possibly be any more confused than he was at that moment.

"All those reasons are insignificant, Ivy," Ethan responded, an edge to his voice. He wouldn't force her into anything, but he always had this sweet notion they could overcome any obstacle. It was one of the rare things he wasn't pessimistic about.
She sighed and cast her eyes downward, "I want you to be happy, Ethan."
He tried to bite back the irritation in his tone. "And that's with you, Ivy. I don't know…how else I can convince you."
"But what happens when you want a girl that you can always be with? And have children, and get married? Then what happens?"

Ethan hardly had to think of his answer before responding firmly, "I don't want children. And I couldn't care less about marriage." Both were very true statements. He just…wasn't the type of guy that could properly care for a kid (nor did he want to) when his childhood was hardly something to brag about. Needless to say, he was perfectly fine with taking care of other's kids temporarily, albeit the situations were rare.
"We are so different, Ethan... and things can always change."
"They will never change, that's one thing I'm absolutely certain about." In kindergarten they always instilled these bogus ideas about parenthood, and how it was a necessity in adulthood. As far as they were concerned, people who weren't married or had kids were unhappy, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Ethan just knew he wasn't fit to be a father – no, not because he would be a terrible, but simply because he didn't want to take it on.

"But I don't understand why you're trying to find reasons we can't be together." He paused, glancing up at the ceiling. "Look, Ivy, I understand if you don't want to be together, no hard feelings, but don't keep giving me these excuses you know damn good and well we can overcome."

Ivy didn't exactly understand her apprehension herself. After all, this sort of relationship and bond was what she had pined for her entire life. And considering the immense trust she had in Ethan, it was almost a perfect situation! But fear wrapped around her, threatening to cut off her oxygen supply and her dreams forever.
Perhaps she was a pessimist, but did they really think it could work? When they were kids, things had been a lot different; neither had realized what other dangers laid out there and how truly different they were. It seemed that Ethan was still stuck in the past, though, and had the same dreams they had when they were kids. It was like he wanted to run away together, leaving everything else behind.

Ivy watched his face contort with hurt and frustration. When she spoke, she touched his elbow. "I'm afraid, Ethan... I'm not going to lie. Things never came in the way before because we were just kids and didn't realize what was out there to hurt us. We didn't realize how much we could hurt each other."
"We can't hurt each other," Ethan responded, furrowing his eyebrows.

Now it was Ivy's turn to grow frustrated. "You say that with such confidence."
"Because I am confident. Would you ever hurt me?"

She shook her head, "you know never intentionally. But things happen, Ethan. And what do we do? Cart ourselves back and forth between worlds our entire lives? I'm not looking for anything short term, Eth. I know that you humans come through mates very quickly, but in my heart, they are forever. See the differences, already?"

"Why don't we leave both of our worlds? Do our own thing?" Ethan suggested. He sounded ridiculous, but of course they could always visit their families. If it came down to the point where they decided they wanted to be together for the rest of their lives, they'd find away to prevail. He knew it. "Or I could live in yours."

"I'd never ask you of that, Eth."
"You don't have to ask me," he pointed out. "I want to." What did he have waiting for him back home? A job, some friends that he hardly kept up with, and his brother and father that lived hundreds of miles away? Yeah, his life wasn't ridiculously glamorous.
"Why don't we take it one day at a time," she whispered, "we don't even know how to get out of this place."
He paused, but nodded softly. Ethan didn't want her to feel like he was rushing her considering she spurred on the entire conversation, so with a tiny grin, he glanced out the window once more.

"It's crazy how we didn't get lost in the woods when we were younger. We used to play and run around here all the time." His grandma had warned him about how much the forest could be a labyrinth and one could lose its way for a long time. She had always forced him to stay right by the wood line, where he was close to the house. The old woman had even put markers in the grass in case he was to lose his way. Of course by now nature had taken its toll, covering the path entirely.
"We never ventured too far."
"True," Ethan murmured as he nodded. "We use to hang out for hours, though. Sometimes I thought it was the entire day."

Ivy rolled onto her side and began to drag her fingers through the loose hairs around Ethan's face. He had traces of stubble along his jawline and his whiskers tickled at the back of her hand and she traced his hairline and jaw.
"Sometimes it was for the whole day," she grinned.

Ivy also had no doubt that, even after all of these years, they could still do the exact same thing. Conversation came easily between the two of them, their trust in one another making virtually no topic off limits.

Ethan nodded with a small smirk. "Yup."
Silence fell upon them, and Ivy's fingertips convinced to trace her companion's jaw and neck. When he began to fidget, he drew her closer and began to circle her back with his own masculine hands.

"What would you do if I was a human girl?" she inquired curiously. After all, their situation would be entirely different if she was; their chemistry would still be there, but neither the burden of their differences. She could give him everything a woman and wife should on that side of the boundary; the thought pained her.
"The same thing I'd do with you now," he responded with a slight smirk. "Like I said, I never really saw the difference in spite of the wings."
She bit her lip, "would you marry me?" Ivy barely knew the meaning of that word, but as she had been told, marriage was something that happened between two people that cared for one another deeply. It was an odd concept in her world, but Ivy had always pined for a special bond like that.
"If marriage is what would make you happy, then in a heart beat."
Ivy cocked her head to the side. "What about children? Even though you said you'd never want any." It was an idea she liked to toy with, despite the fact that it would never happen - between the two of them, as least.

Ethan paused. "I couldn't be a father, Ivy."
Her brow furrowed, "physically?"
"Emotionally, mentally."
Placing her head back down onto her pillow, Ivy nodded slowly. She could see the fear in Ethan's eyes when she even mentioned the prospect. Luckily, that would never be a conversation they'd have to have. Their races made them physically different, unable to reproduce.
"I will never have children, either," she explained, "because I want to keep them as my own, and my world does not allow that. It would break my heart."

Even though children wasn't something he, Ethan couldn't even begin to fathom the fact how it might have felt to know you could never truly nurture them after they were old enough to move out of the house. Ethan somehow had this notion that the world of the fae comprised of people who believed in true love, and mystical potions, and always being in their children's lives, much like his own, but their culture held numerous differences.

Although Ethan was still far from caring.

"Isn't your father still in your life though?" he questioned curiously.
"My parents were an exception," she explained, "they were always shunned from the village for it until my father joined the army and my mother passed."
"I always thought fairies would be different y'know? I guess in American literature they're portrayed as kind-hearted, and I don't…know how to explain it. Just so happy and carefree all the time." Ethan had never found it this difficult to clarify his lifestyle to her, but then again, with age their conversations had taken a sometimes serious direction.

He drew his finger down her lower back, before returning it to her shoulders.

"We are," she smiled, "we are so happy. But it's just our society, I suppose... to act as a community. It makes things easier, because fairies die so early in life often, with disease and war."
He nodded softly. "I guess it just takes some getting used to." A tiny smirk tugged at his lips. "If you could have kids though, and keep them, would you?"
She shrugged, "I'm still not sure."
"You'd be a good mother," Ethan mused.

Ivy had always toyed with the idea of children, but she was getting older for a fairy to be bearing many children. Her mother had been at the ripe age of 17 when she had Ivy's oldest brother, having many more until the day of her death. For some reason, the idea of having that many children and always caring for them didn't fancy her. She wasn't to experience more; she imagined it had something to do with the fact that she had been taking her mother's role almost her whole life.
"Right now," she whispered, drawing closer to Ethan, "I'm most content to experience new things and see what else is out there for me." And with the young man himself back in the picture, it was hard for Ivy to imagine herself tied down with a family of her own. She could see it in his eyes that there was so much more he wanted to show her.
"Me too," he murmured in agreement.
Ivy smiled lightly, "will you show me more?"
Ethan bit his lip softly before grinning at her. "Of course."
"What other kinds of things do you have out there? I know about families and sex and cars, but that's it." After living in her world he had already seen so much; she felt curious, as a result, of his side of life.
He looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully. "We have...televisions. They're big screens with dramatic versions of peoples' every day lives, sports, and news. It makes the world feel more connected in a way. Like whatever is going on five hundred miles away could be televised in your living room."
Ivy's brow furrowed. The more she learned about his world, the more different she realized they all were. She couldn't even begin to imagine what in the world he was talking about! But the world was a big place as she had learned many years ago, and that idea of communication seemed wonderful.
Yawning slightly, Ivy grinned and tapped her companion on the chest. Then, in a complete change in subject, she shyly asked, "do people do, what what did... a lot? I know you said it was for pleasure in your world, so it something that is regular? Like, does everyone do it?" One taste and she was sure she was addicted. Already her body was itching to feel it again, his little touches sending her on fire.
His fingers grazed her side lightly. "Most definitely. My world is driven on sex and money, essentially. People love pleasure, and they love feeling good. So yes."
She cocked her head to the side, "do you like it?"
Ethan paused, before nodding. "It's a great way to pass the time. How about you? Well, from the taste you received last night."
Ivy laughed softly, "pass the time? You might it sound like reading or writing! And well, I think I did. I mean, I didn't mean to make so much noise... but yes, it was very wonderful. I get warm thinking about it."

Ethan snickered. "Well sex isn't some long term commitment in my world – at least not anymore. Two strangers can fuck around for the night, be done the next morning, and never see each other again." It would sound harsh, maybe even detached to some people that didn't understand, but as long as you protected yourself than there wasn't a high risk of getting hurt…unless the person was a psychopath, but Ethan usually never messed around with people who could be potentially psychotic.
Ivy bit her lip, "so you can do it with many other people?
"If that's what you're comfortable with, then yep. It's pretty normal where I come from."
She bit her lip, eyes saddening, "oh."
He immediately picked up the drop in her features, eyebrows furrowing softly. "Hey, what's wrong?"
Suddenly she was looking away, "I really don't understand your world, really Ethan. I thought-I thought we were... special?"

Ethan's frown grew and instantly he was cupping her cheek. "We are. I never said I'd continue to do that stuff, Ivy. But only if you're serious about wanting us to try this – something more." Ethan was already wearing his heart on his sleeve, more than he had in his life, so it'd be optimal if Ivy was on the same page he was in terms of a relationship. He couldn't stand being led on.
"I'm so confused," she admitted, "it makes me sick, to think that we can't be together. And I want to be special, and be with you. But then, we can't... and that's always a reality in the back of my mind."
"So what now?" he murmured, glancing up at the ceiling. "Trust me, Ivy. I'm just as confused." They had been throwing the idea back and forth for about an hour now, and a verdict hadn't been made. Ethan honestly had no idea what to think of the situation.
"I don't know."

They were quiet after that.

"You know what I wish?" she asked many hours later. They were now scavenging through the forest for some sort of nourishment, Ethan's stomach grumbling after many hours of laying in bed.
"What?" he murmured.

Ivy reached and clasped his hand, "that we could spend the rest of our lives in your parents little cabin, away from anyone and void of any danger. I don't care what we would do all day or who we'd miss, just you and me." It was a sweet (but intangible) dream she had been toying with for awhile now, wishing that something like that was possible. Ivy had never been the type to run away, but with her new companion, the prospect was sweet.
Ethan smirked lightly. "That would be the life, wouldn't it?"
Ivy could imagine the two of them inhabiting the place until they were old and gray just like his grandparents had. They would love each other just as much, as well. She could make him her sweet cakes and he could show her all the wonders of the bedroom; the more she thought about it, the more appealing the dream became.

Eventually the two of them, after finding a few raspberries to nibble on, discovered a small brook that cut through the forest. It's water was laced with hues of purple and pink, glittering in the sun, leading Ivy to believe that if they followed it upwards they would be led back to her village. She told Ethan this, and he nodded his head, beckoning them upwards.

"Why don't we first take a dip?" she shrugged with a meek smile, "the water looks too nice for us to just pass by. Especially after sleeping in that dirty bed!"

Before her companion could even respond Ivy was wading into the crystal water, wary of the rapids so staying close against the shore. The small ferns and flowers she had adorned her figure with were now bobbing to the surface, and Ivy fastened them into her hair instead.
Ethan looked incredulous but Ivy just laughed and swam out further.